[HELP] How does Palpatine Converter Work?

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[HELP] How does Palpatine Converter Work?

Haakan
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Haakan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:28 am

Hello folks.

Not sure if this is the right section to ask. I'd like to use the Palpatine Converter but honestly I have no idea what to do with it. I have installed XWAU2020 megapatch and got an additional modded folder with craft, weapon, etc...

What to do next? how does PC work?
Lt. Colonel A. Araujo
Commander, 7th SpecOps Squadron "Alpha"
Battlegroup I
Emperor's Hammer.

CMDR/LC Alejandro Araujo/Alpha/Wing I/ISDII Hammer/BGI

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:06 pm

Palpatine is not a program to install new mods. The installation of new mods you have to do it the old way, following the procedure you find in the readme files of the mods you downloaded ... it would be easier knowing which mods we are talking about ...

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:26 pm

I answer the question that is the title of this Topic:

Let's assume you have installed additional ships. So many ships, so many that you have run out of free slots. You have created what they call "Shipset", which is your own collection of additional ships. Let's say you want to continue installing new ships, but you don't want to give up on any of the ships you have already installed. Well then you need to create another Shipset. It's time Palpatine can help you.

First of all you need to save the first shipset you created. Open Palpatine and choose the right option. Save your Shipset as one of two Custom Shipset, number 1 or number 2 is the same. Let's say, Custom Shipset 1

Your shipset is now safe. To create another shipset you can start from what you have already done, or use Palpatine to restore the original state of XWAU 2020 and start over. Now that you have saved your first Shipset you can do it without danger of losing anything. Be that as it may, create your second shipset, and save it as you did with the first. Custom Shipset 2 this time.

From now on you can choose which Shipset to play with using Palpatine and loading the desired shipset.

You can save a shipset at any time ... no need to have full slots. Shipsets are built a little at a time.