Music Sound Glitch

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Music Sound Glitch

noddynod443
Recruit

Post by noddynod443 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:54 pm

Hello,

Ever since I installed the latest version of the Upgrade mod, I get a "music sound loop bug" which involves the music stopping at one point and repeating that point over and over again with no way of stopping it.

Does anyone else have this problem and know how to prevent it, please?

AV8R
Cadet 4th Class

Post by AV8R » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:16 am

I reported the same issue, but with mine, it just gets stuck on whatever note(s) are playing at any given moment and stays stuck. The only cure is to exit the game and restart at the moment.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:23 pm

Hello,
Does this happen with a clean install of the game?

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:51 pm

This was an issue that existed for many years but was worked around. The problem with that it caused FPS to be lower than it could be.
So Jeremy updated the sound area to remove this bug and we could get higher FPS.
We believed the issue had been resolved and it seems it has for all but a few. Maybe it's happening on some sound cards?

As suggested above and for using the XWAU Mega Patch, backup any pilot files or other important stuff, reinstall XWA fresh and then install 2020 and the Update 1.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Gavip
Recruit

Post by Gavip » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:20 pm

AV8R wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:16 am
I reported the same issue, but with mine, it just gets stuck on whatever note(s) are playing at any given moment and stays stuck. The only cure is to exit the game and restart at the moment.
I am seeing this as well. on a fresh install. For me it is definitely a loop of last 2 notes heard, with restart to solve. Appears to be very random, as in does not occur every time a mission is played or in any particular mission.