Buggy Update 2.1

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Buggy Update 2.1

Nicodemus
Recruit

Post by Nicodemus » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:52 pm

Hey guys,
I am following you since so many years now waiting for you to put all your upgrades together in one patch-file (I am lazy and not too good with computers ;-)). So I was extremely excited, when I read from yout 2020 update even supporting VR, which I bought for "Squadrons" but thats simply tooooo short ;-)

I enjoyed flying the old XWA in VR it worked perfectly. Now I installed your recent 2.1 update and suddenly my problems began: My VR-Head (Steam) is stuck everywhere except when flying and I became extremely vulnerable. 200% of shields and dead by two shots of a TIE-Interceptor - same in the proving ground, dead after two rings where I didn't hit the yellow mark (Afetr the first ring I lost 130% of shield power).

So I un- and reinstalled the whole thing and tried it again with your perfect 2020 update. Doing so destroyed my wonderful pilot-career, I lost my progress, medals and rank - I could cry! I cheated and created a pilot with pilot-editor but my score is 0, means, I have to wait to get promoted or refly all the missions, that's really a pity.

Can you help my out, know what went wrong or do you even have an idea how I could fix that?

I would appreciate, kind regards, Nic!

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:59 pm

We're aware there are some tracking issues in VR, and I need to figure out what's going on. I'm not sure about the other things you're reporting.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:34 pm

Nicodemus wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:52 pm
Hey guys,
I am following you since so many years now waiting for you to put all your upgrades together in one patch-file (I am lazy and not too good with computers ;-)). So I was extremely excited, when I read from yout 2020 update even supporting VR, which I bought for "Squadrons" but thats simply tooooo short ;-)

I enjoyed flying the old XWA in VR it worked perfectly. Now I installed your recent 2.1 update and suddenly my problems began: My VR-Head (Steam) is stuck everywhere except when flying and I became extremely vulnerable. 200% of shields and dead by two shots of a TIE-Interceptor - same in the proving ground, dead after two rings where I didn't hit the yellow mark (Afetr the first ring I lost 130% of shield power).

So I un- and reinstalled the whole thing and tried it again with your perfect 2020 update. Doing so destroyed my wonderful pilot-career, I lost my progress, medals and rank - I could cry! I cheated and created a pilot with pilot-editor but my score is 0, means, I have to wait to get promoted or refly all the missions, that's really a pity.

Can you help my out, know what went wrong or do you even have an idea how I could fix that?

I would appreciate, kind regards, Nic!
If you go to the Downloads page and get the beta Effects by Blue Max's Version 2021-04-09
That may help fix some of your VR issues.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost