Force feedback in XWA

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Force feedback in XWA

Wolf
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Wolf » Fri Sep 15, 2000 1:30 am

I just got a Wingman Force 3D joystick. But the forces do not seem correct. I don't get any force effects when I get hit. I only feel anything when I fire lasers or if any other craft explodes. If anyone has a force feedback joystick can tell me if this is how the effects are in XWA I would appreciate any help. I have reinstalled XWA and tried it with the same results. <P>Wolf<P>------------------<BR>Who Me?
Who Me?

Sylvester Sankey
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Sylvester Sankey » Tue Sep 19, 2000 3:40 pm

Hey wolf.<P>I dont use a forcefeed back but i know that the flightsticks from the wingman series are very bad. I tested several focrefeedback sticks in a compustore and all stick were great. Only one was terrible!!! The wingman.<BR>With most stick you have good feeling and in games like EAW the planes are hard to handle cause the sticks are very good. But the forceeffect of the wingman series is very bad. I know several guys who are using forcefeedback sticks but nobody have a wingman. What do you think why??<P>------------------<BR>

decoy
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by decoy » Tue Sep 19, 2000 4:20 pm

Hmmm thats strange Logitech Wingman Force was the best force feed back stick out there when it was released... Several tests said it was even better than that one from Microsoft with even less noice due to use of steel cables instead off wheels. That could have changed in the mean time though or maybe i was wrongly informed<P>------------------<BR>SOB KNIGHT 1<BR><A HREF="http://swssg.jedicore.net" TARGET=_blank>Star Wars Space Sim Guide</A><P><BR>
DUH...

Sylvester Sankey
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Sylvester Sankey » Tue Sep 19, 2000 5:09 pm

Hey Decoy!<P>You are right that the wingman was the best when it was released but the forceeffect of the wingman was terrible! He is not very " i call it strong". The movements of the stick are to weak. I dont know the name of the other stick i have tested but the feeling was much better.

Sylvester Sankey
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Sylvester Sankey » Tue Sep 19, 2000 5:10 pm

Hey Decoy!<P>You are right that the wingman was the best when it was released but the forceeffect of the wingman was terrible! He is not very " i call it strong". The movements of the stick are to weak. I dont know the name of the other stick i have tested but the feeling was much better. <P>------------------<BR>

Wolf
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Wolf » Wed Sep 20, 2000 1:16 am

This was not the original Logitech Force feedback stick but a new one. It has a much smaller base. I returned it and since the MS stick had just gone on sale I got it instead.<P>
Who Me?