joystick recommendations?

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

joystick recommendations?

Wing X
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Wing X » Thu Sep 21, 2000 10:10 pm

ok, I bought a Thrustmaster Top Gun bundle (horrible idea. last time I buy Thrustmaster)... anyway, I'm looking for a stick that's kinda complex Image Throttle and rudder built in would be nice. I wanna stay under $120. Send in the recommendations!
It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

Wedge
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Wedge » Fri Sep 22, 2000 12:04 am

I'd recommend the Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback pro, I have the precision pro, and its perfect, has throttle, 8 way hat, tons of programable buttons, the force feed back would be nice tho.

Wing X
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Wing X » Fri Sep 22, 2000 10:59 am

Yeah, I had both of those. Loved them 'til I was so desperate for cash I had to sell them. How does the FF2 stand up to the original? From what I can tell, they tossed the shift button (!) This was an awesome feature to the two original Sidewinder sticks.<P>------------------<BR>It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

Wedge
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Wedge » Fri Sep 22, 2000 11:52 am

The only real difference between the FF and FF2 is that on the force feed back two they added the shift button and its a USB connection

Wing X
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Wing X » Fri Sep 22, 2000 12:26 pm

cool. well, I think my mind is made up! Force Feedback 2 here I come! Maybe this Thrustmaster crappola fall in the hands of a very abusive player.... MWUHAHAHHAHAA!!!!<P>------------------<BR>It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

Sylvester Sankey
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Sylvester Sankey » Fri Sep 22, 2000 7:12 pm

I also have an idea! Well..its not a forcefeedback stick but that makes him cheaper...right. You said you wont a lowcost one with integrated rudder and throttle. I have one. Cyclone Digital from Interact. Im from Germany so i dont know the price in dollar but i think this stick is about 50-60$. You have coolie hat upside beside 4 buttons. You also have 4 buttons beside the stick on the socket with a throttle. The buttons on the socket are made in a two way layout. You can choose between the right- and lefthand version. At least you also have a shift button to add some extra functions to the existing buttons. I thin kyou have about 12 functions in this stick. He is easy to handle with easy setup and ....tada...a rudder. Yes ladies and gentlemen..you have a rudder! Its cool. All you have to do is to move the stick to the left or the right without leaving the zero postion. Good feeling to fly. You are able to control your craft in a much better way. XWA is not so hard to survive and also EAW is now better for your health. KRAUTS will die easier with this stick. But you dont have forcefeedback!!!!