Controller problems, please help if you can

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Controller problems, please help if you can

ToppDog
Recruit

Post by ToppDog » Mon Jul 31, 2000 4:26 am

I am an absolute beginner & I'm trying to modify the way my joystick works in X-Wing Alliance as well as other space sims.<P>Specifically I am trying to assign the task of one axis to that of another. In Alliance as well as other space sims, one axis of the joystick is for "pitch" & the other that should be only for "roll" is instead for a combination of both "roll & pitch" often referred to as "banking".<P>In Alliance they sort of fixed this problem, but instead of assigning the "roll only" command to the axis in the joystick where it should have been, they assigned it to the rudders which should not have any command other than "yaw".<P>So finally my question is, how do I assign the "roll" command from the rudder axis to the proper joystick axis so that my joystick controls only "roll" & "pitch" through the x & y axes?<P>This may seem like a silly request but I have not been able to finish these games because I don't like the way the controls work untraditionally. Any help is greatly appreciated.<P>Thanks! <P>ToppDog

Hades
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Hades » Tue Aug 01, 2000 1:47 pm

This is more of a technical question than an editing one, but I think you can change that stuff simply by going to the options screen. I'm sure there is a controller setup screen there, I only don't know if it allows you to change axis.... if it doesn't, then I don't think you can.<P>------------------<BR><I>"Maybe I'm not bad, but I'm still trying"</I><P><BR>

K_Kinnison
Rear Admiral (Lower Half)

Post by K_Kinnison » Tue Aug 01, 2000 5:32 pm

depends on what controller you have<P>it could be a yes, or no<P>but you cannot edit it by using the XWA game itself, you need a controller program to do that, that would be included with the controller<P>I know the Logitech wingman series can do it
Currently working on an XWA campaign
XWAU Plank holder
XWAU Team official Poker