Game Hangs Upon Load After Applying XWAUP

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Game Hangs Upon Load After Applying XWAUP

Ladyhawk
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Ladyhawk » Sun Oct 29, 2000 6:21 am

Hi,<P>I thought I'd d/l and try XWAUP, but after installation, XWA hangs upon load. The whole system just hangs up...any ideas?<P>LH<P>------------------<BR>--<P>|_/\|)`/|-|/\\/\/|<<P>--<BR>-I always start what I finish.
]_ /\ ]) `/ ]-[ /\ \/\/ ]<<P>I always start what I finish.

JC
XWAU Member

Post by JC » Sun Oct 29, 2000 6:42 am

Loading the game up or loading say, a skirmish? <P>Since yesterday for me my skirmish loading hangs on me for about five minutes before actually loading up the mission. I haven't found the cause so far.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Sun Oct 29, 2000 6:46 am

Mhm, this is unusual. So far the patch seemed to work fine on all computers. (Besides the Turolaser prob of course)<BR>Try uninstalling and then re-installing the patch...<P>Do you have any other patches installed? (2.02 is a must!)<P>------------------<BR>A Jedi seeks for knowledge, a master possesses it!<BR><A HREF="http://swguide.cjb.net" TARGET=_blank>The Star Wars Guide to the Galaxy</A><BR>The home of a masters knowlegde!
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Ladyhawk
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Ladyhawk » Sun Oct 29, 2000 8:02 am

Hi,<P>Yeah, it's hanging upon loading a skirmish. I don't know if I've waited a full five minutes or so for it to load, but I've given it a reasonable amount of time.<P>------------------<BR>--<P>|_/\|)`/|-|/\\/\/|<<P>--<BR>-I always start what I finish.

Ladyhawk
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Ladyhawk » Sun Oct 29, 2000 8:08 am

Oh...and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the patch. No luck. Image<P>LH<P>------------------<BR>--<P>|_/\|)`/|-|/\\/\/|<<P>--<BR>-I always start what I finish.

Ladyhawk
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Ladyhawk » Sun Oct 29, 2000 6:50 pm

Hi,<P>I re-re-reinstalled it and it seems to be working now, but I see no real improvement in graphics. I see some differences, like the fact that the green lasers are a little darker than they were and seem more defined, but the rebel ships don't look any better to me. Maybe it's my antiquated Voodoo 2 card. Can you tell a difference with 32-bit color...does XWA even support 32-bit color?<P>Maybe it's the fact that in XWA you don't usually get a very close look at the ships anyway, except for the capital ships.<P>Maybe FSAA would help? <P>Right now, I don't have the money or inclination (just a desire Image) to upgrade the ol' video card and CPU. <P>Interested in Your Input,<BR><P>------------------<BR>--<P>|_/\|)`/|-|/\\/\/|<<P>--<BR>-I always start what I finish.