Lighting in XWA totally screwed up...

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Lighting in XWA totally screwed up...

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Sun Feb 04, 2001 9:58 am

Hey, anybody knows why all of a sudden all my lighting in XWA is screwed? In skirmish I only get this bright red lighting and on real missions I have no lighitn at all.<BR>Any ideas on how to fix that? I was hoping to get some shots done with my new GeForce, but with no lighting that aint working very well...<P>------------------<BR>Murphy was an optimist!<BR><B>I</B> am a pessimist!<BR>Webmaster of the <A HREF="http://www.xwaupgrade.com" TARGET=_blank>X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project</A>
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

K_Kinnison
Rear Admiral (Lower Half)

Post by K_Kinnison » Sun Feb 04, 2001 8:25 pm

well, fomr my experaince, jsut turn the in game brightness down first... down to the lowest level.<P>I do not know if you have somthing simialr to my VooDoo, but i am able to adjsut the Gamma levels for differant modes. Includeing seperate RGB levels.<P>Um.. force.. waht kinda moniter do you have.. and is it only happening in XWA?
Currently working on an XWA campaign
XWAU Plank holder
XWAU Team official Poker

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Mon Feb 05, 2001 2:02 pm

No, it's definetifely NOT the gamma setting. First of all this only happens in XWA, second, this doesn't explain the bright red lighting I get when flying skirmishes. (And that's the ONLY lighting I'll get in skirmishes)<BR>And it's clear that there is no lighting in the missions. It's all the same dark color...<P>------------------<BR>Murphy was an optimist!<BR><B>I</B> am a pessimist!<BR>Webmaster of the <A HREF="http://www.xwaupgrade.com" TARGET=_blank>X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project</A>
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

K_Kinnison

Post by K_Kinnison » Mon Feb 05, 2001 2:31 pm

i got an wierd idea. Whenever you create a skirmish, the games creates a Temporary mission in this directory<P>C:\Program Files\LucasArts\XWingAlliance\SKIRMISH\TEMP (default)<P>Try it with a Real mission, or delete the temp*.tie file in the directory above.<P>There is anotehr option but it means getting out AlliED to do some editing on the background
XWAU Plank holder
XWAU Team official Poker

EtherShock
Ensign

Post by EtherShock » Mon Feb 05, 2001 9:39 pm

Force, since you said you got a new card I'm guessing you don't have the latest drivers. Just go to the manfacturer's website and check. It's possible that could be why the lights are screwed up.<P>------------------<BR>Off we go into the dark, black void!

K_Kinnison

Post by K_Kinnison » Tue Feb 06, 2001 1:45 am

um.. for missiosn what happens when you turn up the brightness?
XWAU Plank holder
XWAU Team official Poker