Virus- and Trojan-infected files

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Virus- and Trojan-infected files

eternal83
Recruit

Post by eternal83 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:52 pm

This is a continuation of this thread: http://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3008/vie ... =13&t=9974

I found it funny that the admin asked the poster to let it be known which .exe files were infected with virii and trojans, yet members can't reply to threads in this section. LOL...anyways, I decided to take it upon myself to figure out which ones need to be cleaned out.

*drum roll*

I just went through more than half (40+) of the files, and so far ALL of the .EXE files have been corrupted with a virus or trojan horse. The .XMOD files were perfectly fine though. So perhaps the developers could make it a goal to convert all of them to the .XMOD way, and as an added security measure, make it so that you can only download them if you register with the website/forums. That way if it happens again, you may be able to track down who did it. What you would even be able to do with the people, I have no clue, but it would remove a level of their anonymity.

Food for thought, cheers!

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:50 pm

What a load of bollocks, I made all the exe files and whatever virus checker your using is giving you a false positive.

THERE ARE NO VIRUSES IN THE EXE FILES
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:11 pm

You know, DS, one day you'll just force me to give you the custom title "Prince Charming" :P
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear