Thank you for updating this Classic!

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Thank you for updating this Classic!

sindrix
Cadet 4th Class

Post by sindrix » Wed May 20, 2015 12:57 am

Just wanted to say thank you for the amazing graphics upgrades you've made to this game! I was excited to see that GOG had ported the series to Windows 8 and when I saw Cagi post on GOG about XWAU, I decided to give it a try. Wow! This brings back memories of endless hours flying an XWing and your environment makes the immersion so much richer! In fact, this game was so great at simulating (even in spite of ignoring Newton), that years later when I hopped in a real flight simulator for a sub-orbital glider (think Space Shuttle after reentry) I landed the 'plane' perfectly. The instructor was so impressed and asked me if I was a pilot. I sheepishly answered, no, I'd only ever flown an XWing. He told me I really needed to think about becoming a pilot. Kudos to Lawrence Holland and his team for perfectly recreating the Star Wars feel and avoiding just another arcade shooter. I can't remember how many times I had my rear end handed to me.

Once again, THANK YOU for your dedication and hard work! :D You get a standing ovation!