DL & Installation MUST be simplified

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

DL & Installation MUST be simplified

Wyrm
Recruit

Post by Wyrm » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:24 pm

Currently you have to download every single XMOD file one by one, and then you have to install them one by one.<BR>It takes forever to get and apply everything.<BR>It didn't get better since i figured one of the xmods i got home was corrupted and I had to uninstall XWA and redo the entire process.<P>I suggest the following :<BR>Make all the patches (IFP, RFP, Staship and so on) downloadable in groups. And kick on whoever wrote XIS to make it accept more than one XMOD at a time.<BR>Would be nice to have things go a bit smoother :)

Defiant
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Defiant » Sun May 30, 2004 8:01 pm

XIS was designed to work in batches like the original rebel and imperial packs, not in individual ships. What I did was downloaded all the XMODs and put them all into one big file, but of course I can't redistribute it.<P>As for why they're individually packaged, I'd say that the number of dialup users complaining about long download times exceeded that of the broadband users complaining about clicking a lot.