My poor Z-95!

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

My poor Z-95!

TAU
Recruit

Post by TAU » Sun Mar 04, 2001 9:19 pm

Hello, I thought I'd give you some feedback on your project. I think it's a great idea, and I think most of your work is great! Except, that is, for the Z-95. You have turned it into a cheap X-Wing ripoff! Now I realize that the Z-95 was the X-Wing's precursor, but I don't remember anything about it being an X-Wing without S-Foils. This is the one thing that has stopped me from downloading the upgrade. I like the Z-95 that came with the original game better, and I'm probably not the only one. Do you think you could make a second version more like the oringinal with the flatter nose and triple blasters? Please? Feedback from decoy would be appreciated.

decoy
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by decoy » Sun Mar 04, 2001 9:40 pm

Well no your not the only one, i had one more comment like that over at the xwa forum...<P>At that time i could but laugh (because the TG version is probably the worst model in game after the ceilingcrane) but it's your oppinion and although it don't agree i can but respect it.<P>Probalem was there was no real referance for the Z-95. I really did my best to find what ever pictures there wher of the craft. But all i could find where some game cards, comic pic's and "the Essential guide to Vehicles and Vessels" picture. So i made it into a mix of those sources and i thought i came up with a pretty believable craft. It may resamble the X-wing but it is far from "being the same as, without S-foils". I'm sorry if you don't like it but 2 people on over a 1000 who downloaded the patch just won't make the diferance. I hope you understand. <P>We don't just make what ever we want we surely do our homework, the z-95 was the only non movie craft in the patch, so we took the liberty to make it as we (or i)have seen fit. It will happen again believe me, and not all will like it but we have to make choices, sorry. <BR><P>------------------<BR>When in danger, when i doubt.<BR>Run in circles, scream and shout....
DUH...