Some OPTs not installing...

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Some OPTs not installing...

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:48 am

Hi,

I've been having a lot of fun with the GOG version of the game! :D I installed all the ships from the download section and most work great, but there are a few hiccups. If you use the exes from the download section, you get some problem with...

1. R41Star Chaser v2: The new opt does not install. You still see the old one.
2. Same with the Supa Fighter v3
3. Same with the Calamari ship that is supposed to replace the MC80.
4. Tie Bizzaro has the omnidirectional shooting problem
5. So does the Tie Warhead

I've fixed a few of these by using the XMOD versions that I have saved, but I don't have the R41 and the MC80. Is there a way to extract the OPT file from the EXE so I can replace them manually?

Thanks in advance,

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:39 am

Oldcode, when was the last time you downloaded the individual installers, as they got a slight update on the 25 January 2015, try downloading them again and installing, thanks
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:46 am

Hey Darksaber,

I did download them all recently, but I'll download them again just in case.

Thanks,

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:43 pm

Hey Darksaber,

I downloaded and reinstalled all the ships that were having the problem. The only one left is the Calimari ship that is used for the Defiance. Has that one been upgraded yet?

Thanks,

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:51 am

So it's still not showing up in game?

I've installed a clean gog version,
Installed the MC80A Chatnoir Star Cruiser (which is the craft used for the Defiance)

Checked the Flightmodels folder the Opt is CalamariCruiserNew.opt, if you click the properties of the opt, it should show as being created on Thursday ‎05 ‎February ‎2015, ‏‎16:33:08, the size should be 3.82 MB (4,007,820 bytes)

I've checked all the txt files
Spacecraft0.lst = FlightModels\CalamariCruiserNew.opt
Resdata.txt = (Topline should read) Resdata\ShipStuffMedCalCruiser.dat
Shiplist.txt = !SPECIES_49!MC80A Chatnoir,Starship,Nonflyable,Known,Skirmish, 214,49 ,222,68 ,163,376,178,420
Specdesc.txt = !SPEC_49_NAME!MC80A Chatnoir type Star Cruiser (C/CRS)
!SPEC_49_MANU!Mon Calamari Shipyards
!SPEC_49_SIDE!Rebel Alliance
!SPEC_49_DESC!Heavy starship. Although still heavily based on the passenger liner designs the MC80A is more fully militarized than the earlier MC80 designs. Although not as heavily shielded or armed as the MC80B it is significantly faster.
!SPEC_49_CREW!5,402, Troops: 1,200
Strings.txt = (line 2199) !KSPECCALAMARI!m:MC80A Chatnoir Star Cruiser
(line 2427) !KSPECCALAMARI_PLURAL!MC80A Chatnoir Star Cruisers
(line 2657) !KSPECCALAMARI_SHORT!C/CRS

If all of those are correct then it should be showing in game, the only other thing I can think of is that the original CalamariCruiserNew.opt is set as read only.

Just did a quick test with B1M3 the Defiance is your Command Ship and the new opt shows, so I'm not sure what going on with your game Oldcode :(

What OS are you using? if Vista or above Win7 Do you still have the UAC (User Account Control) Settings enabled? Basically your OS asks you each and every time you run a program for permission to install it and so on (bloody aweful feature), it's up to you but I've had mine disabled for years with no adverse affects, you can access it through your control panel / user accounts / change User Account Control settings, and set it to never notify. This is entirely your choice, I'm not say you must do it, it's just a suggestion :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:53 am

Thanks Darksaber,

I'm heading off to work at the moment but I'll try your idea when I get home tonight.

Cheers! :D

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:10 am

Hey Darksaber,

Which EXE are you using for the Defiance? I tried the Reef Home-Class MC-80 Calamari Cruiser and the Medium Calamari Cruiser.

They both installed into the flight models folder, but neither had the name of CalamariCruiserNew.opt

I'm using Win7 64 and I checked the UAC and its completely turned off.

For now I just installed the those ships and renamed the opt and that works, but its still a mystery.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:20 am

Sorry it's the Medium Calamari Cruiser :) (MedCalCruiserv1.1.exe)
- John Lydgate

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:38 am

D'OH! :kopfwand:

Well, that will do it if nothing else will. I could have sworn I downloaded all the Mon Cals!

Can somebody delete this thread please! :löl:

Thanks DS.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:46 am

Lol and your a computer tech :D

Don't worry the XWAUCP and DSUCP will be released soon, just clarifying a few more things
- John Lydgate