Upgraded starfield on custom missions

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Upgraded starfield on custom missions

Destex
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Destex » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:00 am

I have been playing some custom made missions and campaigns and enjoyed the upgraded ship models. However, the starfield is still the low res one, and I don't get the cool high res starfield and large stars (backdrops?)
Do I need to edit the missions themselves?

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:22 pm

Yes... just follow the DTMSBReadme file, (it should be in your XwingAlliance folder) you should be fine... ;)

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

DARoot
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by DARoot » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:17 pm

Clarification, Destex:
Rogue518 is correct.
If you downloaded and installed DTM's "Super Backdrops," you should have also received a "FlightGroupLibrary" file called "NewStarfield.fgp," which you can very easily use [in the "Allied" Mission Editor tool] to add the upgraded backdrops/starfields to your previous custom missions. Detailed instructions are included in DTM's ReadMe.

If, for whatever reason, whatever you have installed did NOT include this file, send me a PM, and I will be happy to explain how to do so manually [although, you will still need to use, and understand, the "Allied" tool.
And THOSE instructions are also already included in DTM's ReadMe ...]
Great when modders anticipate End-User questions, and try to help, Eh?

If you do NOT have, or know how to use, the "Allied" tool, you will probably have to wait for someone else (who writes less) to address your concerns.

Happy Gaming!

DARoot
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken ...

Destex
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Destex » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:12 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll see if I can cope with the tool or just let go of the idea, it looks a bit too complicated for me :)
Does anybody happen to have a modified version of Wedge's campaigns that has the high res backdrops?
http://xvtedicion.es/basededatos/ingles ... d=4&id=106

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:19 pm

Learnig ALLIED following its manual is very very simple. You will find a lot of fun creating your own missinons. Once you are able to create simple or more complex skirmish situations using ALLIED, than you will stop using the game's skirmish mode, because you will consider it useless and antiquate.