Does DSUCP change ship behavior?

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Does DSUCP change ship behavior?

Bob Genghis
Recruit

Post by Bob Genghis » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:34 pm

I'm running XWing Alliance on Windows 10, with the 2.02 patch, DSUCP 2.4, and xwahacker 3.1

A few of the missions feel really different than I remember on Windows 7, having played with an older version of darksaber's models about a year ago, with models individually installed.

On Tour 4, Mission 5 in particular, the Liberty keeps getting killed by an Imperial Star Destroyer before it hyperdrives away. This latest playthrough had the Liberty with a timer of 3m47s still remaining to hyperdrive after the Razor left (I think that was the last craft in the objectives), it crumples within 30 sec to the ISD, even though I have killed off all of the ATRs and a bunch of bombers

I never struggled with this mission before, is the speed or range of the ISD changed in any way?

Bob Genghis
Recruit

Post by Bob Genghis » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:36 pm

Or could this be a case where modern hardware just runs the game differently? In Dosbox to play Tie Fighter, for example, I had to tweak emulated cpu speeds to make sure that capital ships still fired turbolasers

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:41 am

Changing the maximal number of simultaneous weapons (optional in the DSUCP) could alterate the plot of a missions, because capital ships are more powerful firing at a single target....

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:44 am

Is there a need for a mission rework upgrade?
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.