How to install / why are the packages not described?

This is the XWA Upgrade Forums! In here you'll find some of the most talented 3D modellers and texture guys on the net!

Moderators: K_Kinnison, Darksaber, General_Trageton

How to install / why are the packages not described?

Thunderbird
Recruit

Post by Thunderbird » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi!
First of all, thanks to the website and the community to working on all this stuff. Really appreciate.

But I have to say that this website is not really user friendly. For new users it's really confusing what the "XWAU Craft Pack v1.5" package and the "DTM's Super Backdrops" package are and what's the difference between them. There are just these two packages and that's it. No description at all.

Ok, my English is not the best, but I've read the whole FAQ and I did'nt find any answer to this question, and this is propably the first question every new user is asking himself. Also a short look into the forum (where I thought should be an easy to find (pinned) installation instruction for beginners) didn't give answers.

So if I look at the pictures which are above the packages, and at the package names itself, I would say that the "XWAU Craft Pack v1.5" includes space ships and the "DTM's Super Backdrops" package includes backgrounds/ planets. But I've installed the craft pack and then wanted to install the Backdrops package but the installer says that Backdrops is already installed. Is that normal? Does the Craft Pack also include the Backdrops? Very confusing everything.
The planets are still looking quite ugly (I only made it to the 5th mission), so I'm not sure whether Backdrops is really installed.

JeremyaFr
Lieutenant
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:30 am

Hello,
DTM's Super Backdrops is included in the XWAU Craft Pack.

Thunderbird
Recruit

Post by Thunderbird » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:37 pm

JeremyaFr wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:30 am
Hello,
DTM's Super Backdrops is included in the XWAU Craft Pack.
Good to know, thanks.