DATech help guide

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

DATech help guide

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:01 pm

This is basic guide to help people get the Skirmish pictures into DATech.<BR><B>1.</B> Open DATech and click on <B>New</B> or <B>New project</B> buttons.<BR><B>2.</B> Select <B>SHIP Library</B> type.<BR><B>3.</B> Name your file. I've divided mine into Ship type and named one <I>SHIPS_CUSTOM</I> for instance. But any name should do.<BR><B>4.</B> Now you'll have a window saying <B>SHIP</B> and the name of the Dat.<BR>If you click on <I>Resdata</I> in the menu, you will see the name of your file at the very top. This is the file that XWA reads to identify the Dats.<BR><B>5.</B> Import a BMP. Find the image that you want and press Open.<BR><B>6.</B> Click the <B>Preview</B> button and find in the menu the ship you want to have the new picture.<BR><B>7.</B> The 3rd box of the Preview window has a 5 digit number in it. example <B>20001</B>. Take the number of your ship and put it into the SHIP window box above your imported Dat.<BR><B>8.</B> Click <B>Add</B>. <I>That's it!</I> :)<P>I hope that makes some sense and helps you guys. Now you can finally update your images.<BR> Image<p>[ 09 March 2003: Message edited by: Ace Antilles ]
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:52 pm

Bumping for new visitors.

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:54 am

Hey Ace, I love your skirmish pictures, I always hated the ships in skirmish not looking like what they did in-game (XWAUP ships). Maybe in a future release you should tell what numbers the three mines have? Some people (like me until I found out) might not know what numbers the mines use since they aren't listed in the ship preview area.
This is just my two cents.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:29 pm

Well I hadn't really thought about it till now. I even forgot to add them in again when I remade my own DAT files. :)