Battle of Yavin Mission Plan (spoiler)

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Battle of Yavin Mission Plan (spoiler)

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:03 pm

OK, only read this if you want a spoiler...<P><BR>...I warned you!<P>OK here is my plan for the BoY mission. Take off from YavinIV, fly toward the sky, "hyper" to space. Then you will fly toward Hernan's Death Star OPT off in the distance. After flying about 15 km or so, you will do a micro-jump to hyperspace and end up flying over the Death Star surface OPTs. Strafe the deflection towner and fight your way through fighter screen to the trench, and make your trench run. At the end of the trench, there will be a container behind the exhaust port hole. "Only a precise hit" will result in your torpedo getting through the port hole to hit the container. When the container is hit, this will activate a hyper buoy. Fly to the hyper buoy and jump to hyperspace. When you exit hyperspace, form up with Solo, Wedge, and the last surviving Y-wing. Switch to external camera mode and pan to the front of your X-wing and zoom way out. Then watch Hernan's Death Star OPT blow up behind you, just like in the movie.<P>Now that, IMO is just about the best possible way to do the BoY with the XWA engine.<P>What I would also do with the DS surface, is add a mission to the Battle of Endor. On the fourth mission you would have to fight through a fighter screen of T/Is as you skim the DS surface to the tunnel.<p>[ 14 February 2003: Message edited by: Abolisher ]
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

Freelancer
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Freelancer » Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:19 am

That sounds a little like what I'm doing with my Endor mission, but I have a backdrop for help. +)<P>That works well, but did it work before?
"Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream, Neo? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?" -- Morpheus

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:19 pm

That all sounds like a good idea Abolisher.<BR>It's ideally what we would have liked from the beginning but didn't have the Opts. Now that they are coming together means more options.<BR>How is the changes going to affect the sounds that are already there though?
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:05 am

The changes shouldn't affect the sounds. Same messages and .wavs only that they appear at different times according to whatever changes are made from the original BoY mission. Still don't have any sounds for "Escape from Tatooine" and "Escape from the Death Star." I'm not sure I will include any sounds for that reason. Hey, you can always put together a sound package if you get motivated. :)
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>