Who collects stuff?

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Who collects stuff?

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Mar 23, 2002 10:03 pm

<B>Any collectors out there?</B> If so what do you collect?<P>I'm a big collector of SW merchandise and collect most things going. From books, games, posters, comics, watches, you name it! Image<BR>My biggest hobbie though is collecting the cool action figures that Hasbro produces. Helps me recapture my youth! Image<P>After giving EP1 a bit of a miss I am looking forward to the cool stuff for EP2. Well my bank balance isn't!<P>So what do you collect and what stuff are you looking forward to of the new EP2 merchandise?<BR><I>(Avoid major spoilers please.)</I><P>------------------<BR><I>Going in Full Throttle!</I><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>The X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Hawk9X
Lieutenant

Post by Hawk9X » Sat Mar 23, 2002 10:53 pm

O MAN! i have all the hoth battle sets from the late 70s! i have the origional tie and X-wing, i have the death starset(old school style) old atst old slave 1 i have just about all the old starwars toys except the Y-wing A-wing ATAT and the speeder bike but! i do have BOBA FETT!!!!!!!!actually 3 of em!<P><BR>not lookin foward to the newstuff...they should have stuck with the ties and such...<P>------------------<BR>Whoa whoa whoa wait a second!!! pie?! Drunk!? the?! u got yourself a cherif!<P><BR>Lois i fixed that sink<BR>no u didnt<BR>FINE! i will bet u all my starwars guys that it is except boba fett, no matter how sure i am i never risk the fett man!<p>[This message has been edited by Hawk9X (edited 23 March 2002).]
BURN IT DOWN AND WALK AWAY!

Admiral Alistair
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Admiral Alistair » Sat Mar 23, 2002 11:00 pm

the only things in my Star Wars collection are the following: Autographed photo of Mark Hamil and a copy of the X-Wing Trilogy also autographed by Mark Hamil Image<P>I used to have a ton of Star Wars micromachines, but my brother got into it a few years ago...
Admiral Alistair

GreenLeader0
Ensign

Post by GreenLeader0 » Sun Mar 24, 2002 2:13 am

I collect dust Image
One can never have to much good wine, beautiful women, and attention.- Talon Karrde, Edge of Victory I: Conquest

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sun Mar 24, 2002 2:20 am

I once collected PC-Games magasines.<P>Now I'm collecting posts Image<P>------------------<BR>General Vince Trageton<BR>UPMF Supreme Commander<BR><A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/twilightskies/coruscant/" TARGET=_blank>The Imperial City Project</A><BR><A HREF="http://gamersparadise.zeonhost.com/TBP/Home.htm" TARGET=_blank>The Blue Phantom</A><P>Evil people do evil things!
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

One
Ensign

Post by One » Sun Mar 24, 2002 3:46 am

Anything Star Wars or LotR
To read is a skill<BR>To write is a power

Exar Kun
Ensign

Post by Exar Kun » Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:53 am

Star Wars books mostly. Got loads of em.<BR>Plus I've got a massive video collection.<P>Oh. And due to my job I collect injuries.
Whatever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger...Unless it bites your legs off, in which case it can only make you shorter.

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Sun Mar 24, 2002 10:55 am

I used to collect the Decipher Starwars cards, but since my friend dumped his collection cos he was loosing to me too much, i've had no-one to play against! Oh well...<P>Oh yeah, i'm just getting into star wars graphic novels off <A HREF="http://www.amazon.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>www.amazon.co.uk</A> . I've got DARK EMPIRE II at the moment and saving up for EMPIRE'S END. cracking.<P>------------------<BR>XWA, like Madonna, is living proof that old things can still look beautiful.
Texturing the <B>XWAUP Hyper Bouy</B><P><I>(Its gonna blow your mind)</I>

Rich C
Lieutenant

Post by Rich C » Sun Mar 24, 2002 2:20 pm

I'm also considering starting up a graphic novel collection, I have Crimson Empire so far, my collection is so vast Image<BR>and novels too probably, I'm slowly working my way through the X-Wing books.<P>------------------<BR>When 900 years you reach, look as good you will not, hmm? Image<p>[This message has been edited by Rich C (edited 24 March 2002).]
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

Ace Knight 1
Commander

Post by Ace Knight 1 » Sun Mar 24, 2002 3:09 pm

LEts see...<P>I collect<P>Baseball cards, hats, star wars books, anything New York Yankees, Mets from back in 1969 when they won the series, DVDs(not many Image ) and almost anything baseball Image
Now We've rewritten history.<BR>The one thing that we found out.<BR>The sweet taste of vindication.<BR>Just turns to ashes in your mouth.<P>Where do we go from here?<BR>And should we really care?<BR>The end is finally here,<BR>God have mercy...

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sun Mar 24, 2002 5:55 pm

Hmm..<P>Pens/pencils, have somewhere around 1000 I think.. Star Wars literature- Basically, any books/graphic novels, have about.. 30-40. MIDIs. Have about.. 162mb of all sorts of MIDIs.<P>Probably some other stuff that I can't remember right now. <B>;-)</B> <P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://ssd_shadowkeeper.tripod.com/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Mar 24, 2002 7:41 pm

Hey Azza, you play SWCCG? I collect interest on my money right now Image Also I collect projects from school Image They just keep coming! Image <P>------------------<BR>If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost!<BR>(Anything in parentheses can be ignored)<BR>Where patience fails, force prevails<BR>All hail Finagle and his prophet Murphy!
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

JC
XWAU Member

Post by JC » Sun Mar 24, 2002 10:53 pm

I collect money.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Mar 24, 2002 11:04 pm

Do you have any 1996 five dollar bills? Image <P>------------------<BR>If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost!<BR>(Anything in parentheses can be ignored)<BR>Where patience fails, force prevails<BR>All hail Finagle and his prophet Murphy!
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Mouse
Ensign

Post by Mouse » Sun Mar 24, 2002 11:23 pm

I collect junk.<BR>And mice, of course.<P>------------------<BR>Squeak is a mouse.<BR>Mice rule this house
Did I say that?

Ace Knight 1
Commander

Post by Ace Knight 1 » Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:00 am

I used to have a guinea pig I got from a friend who collected them. He had about 6 of 'em in the sae small cage. I dont wanna beigin to imagine the droppings he had to clean up every day. But my guinea pig died a while ago from scurvy or something Image He has like 2 left now and they are both females so he cant get any more Image thats if he hasnt given them away yet. I know people with strange hobbies I dont think I'll go into to some of them Image Image Image
Now We've rewritten history.<BR>The one thing that we found out.<BR>The sweet taste of vindication.<BR>Just turns to ashes in your mouth.<P>Where do we go from here?<BR>And should we really care?<BR>The end is finally here,<BR>God have mercy...

Shark
Ensign

Post by Shark » Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:15 am

What a lovely topic. Like you, I also collect the newer 3.75in characters. I have tons of the new, original 12'' figures. Calendars, old lunch pales (sp?), beanies, the entire band set on 12'' fugures. My biggest thing is the Life-Size Darth Maul (from Save-Ons) who stands in the corner of my room with lightsaber in hand. My parents got it for me for $300. But I've seen him on EBay for 700. <P>My entire collection is probably worth more than $3000. However, I am not selling any time soon. I gave up after I moved into a smaller room and all the carded figures had to be boxed. I rarely attended toyshows after Episode 1, but with Ep2 coming out, things should start up again, even if i have no room Image

Upset_Wookiee
Ensign

Post by Upset_Wookiee » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:14 am

Well, I DID collect old SW figures when I was a lad at school, but then I got desperate and had to sell them.<P>At one stage I collected SW books and had about 3/4 of the ones available... not any more tho.<P>So now I'm stuck with no collections at all!!.... maybe I should start something again...<P>
Proud co-crasher of Truce of the Happy.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:32 pm

Well now's a good time to start collecting again!<BR>I've also got a few of the collectible plates <I>(that I've buried behind stuff Image)</I>, board games I've never played and models I can't build! Image<BR>I would really like the remade Shuttle toy they say might be out this Xmas. But it's going to cost me a bomb and I've <B>nowhere</B> to put it! Image<P>I'm really enjoying the NJO series of books. Just seems that there's a new one out right after I finish the old one!<BR>I'm glad it was taken over as the old series was getting boring. That Bounty Hunter trilogy was not too good.<P>I'm also collecting the Jedi Apprentice range as they are very nice light reads. Just trying to go back and get all the YJK range by KJA that I missed. Image

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:52 pm

Got an email from Amazon last night saying <B>Rebel Dream</B> had shipped! :-) Really looking forward to it since Allson wrote it and Dark Journey was just <I>horrible</I>!<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://ssd_shadowkeeper.tripod.com/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!<p>[This message has been edited by General Edor Crespin (edited 25 March 2002).]

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:12 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by General Edor Crespin:<BR><B>and Dark Journey was just <I>horrible</I>!<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Say <B>NO</B> more! I've only just started reading that book! Image<BR>That's the one thing I hate with the books is that someone goes and spoils things b4 I finish them.<BR>I had 3 months of that b4 EP1 came to the UK cinemas.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:17 pm

I like the Viscount, and the new star destroyers from Star by Star, but new ships often show up and then dissapear later. What happened to the Ralroost and the Star Defenders?!?<P>------------------<BR>If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost!<BR>(Anything in parentheses can be ignored)<BR>Where patience fails, force prevails<BR>All hail Finagle and his prophet Murphy!
Corellian Browncoat

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:50 pm

Hay, Ace, do you have a MINT 1980s B-Wing?<P>I do!<P>------------------<BR>We must stand together,<BR>Or we will fall!
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Upset_Wookiee
Ensign

Post by Upset_Wookiee » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:17 pm

I haven't really got into the NJO books yet.... Ive read Vector Prime, and thats about it thus far. Looking forward to Stackpole's Dark Tide duology though.<P>I still think the X-Wing series was the best set of SW books by far. Thank god I kept em!!
Proud co-crasher of Truce of the Happy.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:04 pm

I just got Rebel Dream! Image<P>Great cover, reading it now..<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://crespin.xwlegacy.net" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!<BR>MSN @ <B>marajade21e@hotmail.com</B>!