Raven's Claw Preview

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Re: Raven's Claw Preview

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:11 pm

<B>Pheonix</B>, the Raven was never setup to have turrets!<P>Yes it is in a Shuttle Reserved Slot, but the MXvTED shp file should class it as a Fighter, therefore you have changed the stats so it is a Shuttle, and it will make it have turrets.<P>Sorry I can't help you what ever you have done you have changed it yourself not I.<P><B>Bios</B> yes the is a screen shot, I just lighten the shot and darken the background so it will stand out out.<P>But your right, all software vectors have been zeroed, I should stay as sharpe as that from what ever distance you see it from
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:50 pm

All I did when I installed it was open the shp in Mxvted in its default slot (69), then set the skirmish and known fields. You are right, it does say shuttle but when I reloaded the shp it changed it back to fighter. Maybe it's a bug in Mxvted.<P>------------------<BR>Star Trekkin' across the universe, <BR>Only goin' forward because we can't find reverse!!
End of line...

JM
XWAU Member

Post by JM » Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:42 pm

One thing I've noticed which may be related is when I was reinstalling some of my starships using MXvTED ship files the starship was set as a fighter, which affected the shield and hull values.<P>If I then opened the ship file again (and sometimes again) into the same slot though then it did (eventually) correctly say starship and give the correct shield and hull values.<P>This seems to be what Phoenix found as well, reloading the ship file correcting the problem, so MXvTED ship files may not be as bug free as would be hoped.
XWAEG. <A HREF="http://www.btinternet.com/~jmdare/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.btinternet.com/~jmdare/</A> Last updated 24th July 2005