Yours truly in GamesTM magazine!

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Yours truly in GamesTM magazine!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:23 pm

A new issue, Number <B>10</B> of UK computer games magazine <B>GamesTM</B> came out today.<BR>In it is a large feature about Star Wars games. And a large part of that feature was written by <B>ME!</B> :)<p>[ 11 September 2003: Message edited by: Ace Antilles ]
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Gringlas
XWAU Member

Post by Gringlas » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:31 pm

Cool! Congrats!<P>I hope that LA will consider to do another XW in the next years and I don't know why, but I have a feeling, that we will see a new XW simulator someday! :)<P>I have wirtten for the Official Star Wars Fanmagazin here in Germany, but at the moment the magazine is full, sadly!

Guimauve
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Guimauve » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:20 pm

Very Good News !<P>It's just a little piece of information but it's good enough for me. <P>Just 2-3 years to wait for the next Space Combat Simulator ... :roll: <P>We can start to dream !!

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:23 pm

Yay! Superb! The more PR we get the better! Even scandals would help :)<P>But seriously, that's a fine job you did, Ace! Maybe this really brings more attention to this community!<P>And of course I share everybody's hope for a new X-Wing game :)
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:24 am

Lucky dog. Hopefully LA will have some sense knocked into them after reading this article and get something out.<P>Or, as samsolo might say, get something out before 2005.
Eclipse

graphicx3000
Lieutenant

Post by graphicx3000 » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:22 am

Congratulations! That's great news!

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:28 pm

Would there be any way to post a copy of the article online for those non-brits? I'd love to read it! :)
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

General Taskeen
Ensign

Post by General Taskeen » Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:26 am

Nice way to spread the word Ace Antilles ;).<P>LA believes in Console Communism. There is no hope. They seem to miss the point ALL the time...<P>[ 13 September 2003: Message edited by: General Taskeen ]<p>[ 20 September 2003: Message edited by: General Taskeen ]
Jg26[Gj37]/|Taskeen<BR><A HREF="http://bf1942.battleforeurope.com" TARGET=_blank>BFE</A>

ACE
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ACE » Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:08 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Wes Janson:<BR><STRONG>Would there be any way to post a copy of the article online for those non-brits? I'd love to read it! :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, anyone willing to type it all out or scan it? :P

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:22 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by General_Trageton:<BR><STRONG>Yay! Superb! The more PR we get the better! Even scandals would help :)<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks guys. But don't misunderstand me the XWAU had only a "<B>tiny</B>" mention.<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Site's like X-Wing Legacy, XWA Upgrade and the fan designers of the X-ED mission editor have kept the space combat game alive in the face of newer sim games.... etc etc<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sadly they didn't print the link but people can always run a search from that. I also didn't mention the other 2 so they put those in by themselves. :)<P>Actually I just remembered I sold a copy of Classics: XW Alliance the other day and I told the guy there was <I>"this site"</I> :)<P>At the moment I don't have time to type up the whole article. It is 4 pages long! :D<p>[ 14 September 2003: Message edited by: Ace Antilles ]

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:14 am

Magazine: $6 dollars, or 4.5 pounds, or whatever the exchange rate is<BR>Shipping to the US: $1.99<BR>Seeing the XWAU mentioned in print: priceless. <BR>Some things money can't buy. But enough of it and LA may start thinking about a new game... :D
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

JM
XWAU Member

Post by JM » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:24 am

Congratulations Ace.
XWAEG. <A HREF="http://www.btinternet.com/~jmdare/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.btinternet.com/~jmdare/</A> Last updated 24th July 2005

JC
XWAU Member

Post by JC » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:49 am

Wow. That's pretty cool you got some stuff printed in a magazine. Congrats, Ace!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:09 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Han's Brother:<BR><STRONG>Now we have famous people here. Very good.<BR>But I doubt that Mucki Fart will read it.<BR>How did they get to you? Did they now you already?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well as the chief was quoted someone in the UK dept may have read it?<BR>They must have heard of me. I've been around for a while now. See my interview on this site for more. :) All the good stuff though. Since seeing the article in print I still think they could have been more gratefull. :D :p

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:22 am

Hey, it seems that the schedules here are those used by Scott Adams...All work is made WIFL. When I Feel Like it!
Corellian Browncoat

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:18 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Wes Janson:<BR><STRONG>Hey, it seems that the schedules here are those used by Scott Adams...All work is made WIFL. When I Feel Like it!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Who's Scott Adams?<P><B>You guys are in luck!</B><BR>The GamesTM website now has the Star Wars article online! :D :D<BR>============================<BR>The forum won't let me post the link properly. So use this but remove the space to make it 1 link. :roll: <A HREF="http://www.totalgames.net/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.totalgames.net/</A> (3ji3qv45ouh22k45e2joei45)/pma/17823<p>[ 23 September 2003: Message edited by: Ace Antilles ]

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:40 am

Scott Adams writes the cartoon Dilbert. :D
Corellian Browncoat

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:49 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR> Grand Theft Jawa <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>LOL nice idea :)