Update finally done!

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Update finally done!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:36 pm

At last I've finally updated my webpage!<BR>Go over now to see my new files and changes.<BR>You can download my <B>XWAU Skirmish pack</B>.<BR>It contains DAT bmps to install with Datech of all the currently released XWAU opts! <I>The TUG will be in the future.</I><P>The pictures are mostly by the talented Darksaber with some extras by me. Image<P>I hope you like them and I will make more when more ships come out.<BR>Many more updates to come so keep looking. more info on my site! Image<P>------------------<BR><I>Going in Full Throttle!</I><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>The X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:04 pm

Glad to hear the good news Ace. <P>You should be spending time working on those Yavin sounds Image<P>[Edit] Oh, and thanks for including news about my site Image [Edit]<p>[This message has been edited by Abolisher (edited 05 April 2002).]
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:31 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Abolisher:<BR><B>You should be spending time working on those Yavin sounds <BR>[Edit] Oh, and thanks for including news about my site Image [Edit]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Can't make you happy can I dude! Image<BR>If I didn't just give up a quarter of my news page just to promote your site!<BR>Well I never! Image<P>------------------<BR><I>Going in Full Throttle!</I><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>The X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:41 pm

And here DS says he'll never release his.. Image<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://crespin.xwlegacy.net" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!<BR>MSN @ <B>marajade21e@hotmail.com</B>!
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:43 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>If I didn't just give up a quarter of my news page just to promote your site!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hmmm. If news of my updates is taking up that much of your server space, I can slow down making things... Image Besides, you're gonna need that space for that shipset we're gonna have done real soon... Image<P>Seriously, your promotion of my site is well appreciated.<BR>
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by General Edor Crespin:<BR><B>And here DS says he'll never release his.. Image<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I didn't say Ace couldn't release them just that I wouldn't!<P>
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Apr 05, 2002 2:10 am

Hehe, any tips on how to get good ones? Mine always look horrible. Image<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://crespin.xwlegacy.net" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!<BR>MSN @ <B>marajade21e@hotmail.com</B>!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Apr 05, 2002 6:19 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by General Edor Crespin:<BR><B>Hehe, any tips on how to get good ones? Mine always look horrible. Image<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes wait till I release more! Image

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Apr 07, 2002 2:32 pm

So what do people think of the Dat pack?<BR>I've had over 200 people visit in 2 days so a little bit of feedback might be nice.<BR>Do you like them, did they work, do you want more, do they suck?<P><B>Opinions please.</B><P>This isn't the whole range also so you have to download to see all the pics.<BR> Image <P>------------------<BR><I>Going in Full Throttle!</I><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>The X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.

michael_collins_2000_ie
Cadet 4th Class

Post by michael_collins_2000_ie » Sun Apr 07, 2002 4:15 pm

hey there, i was wondering what exactly that datech thingy is and what its signifigance is and what it can do etc. thanks, you dont have to gimme a whole rundown of it or nothing, the site it comes from would be sufficent and i can find it out for myself Image many thanks

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Apr 07, 2002 4:34 pm

My only problem with thepics is that Datech is not cooperating very much. I can get the first page done, but then it wants to start over on the next page from 1. I like the pictures though. Could someone send me their copies of the updated shipstuff.dat files? <P>------------------<BR>If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost!<BR>(Anything in parentheses can be ignored)<BR>Where patience fails, force prevails<BR>All hail Finagle and his prophet Murphy!
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Exar Kun
Ensign

Post by Exar Kun » Sun Apr 07, 2002 4:44 pm

They look great. My pics always come out a bit...well crap. I think I may just stick to mission editing....although one of this days I may try and get somewhere with that ship I'm planning on doing.<P>------------------<BR>Whatever does'nt kill you can only make you stronger...Unless it bites your legs off, in which case it can only make you shorter.
Whatever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger...Unless it bites your legs off, in which case it can only make you shorter.

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Sun Apr 07, 2002 5:19 pm

OK, I probably sound like an idiot, so feel free to call me one, but I can't figure out how to install skirmish pics and I couldn't find a tutorial on DS's site.<P>------------------<BR>"Do you pirate software?"<BR>"What's that have to do with anything"<BR>"Everything! Software piracy leads to fines, fines lead to jail, jail leads to suffering!"<P>Member of the <A HREF="http://coruscant.x1.nl/" TARGET=_blank>Imperial City Project</A>
There are 10 kinds of people.<BR>Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sun Apr 07, 2002 5:32 pm

They are cheating a bit, as the XW isn't the XWAU XW. Image<P>DD, get me over AIM/MSN and I can explain it to you. Or look at the readme that comes with it. Image<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://crespin.xwlegacy.net" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!<BR>MSN @ <B>marajade21e@hotmail.com</B>!

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Sun Apr 07, 2002 7:16 pm

I've been waiting for someone to do skirmish icons for all the XWAUP ships. I would do it myself, but I suck when it comes to anything that could have to do with art, including taking good skirmish pictures. The skirmish pics you have are pretty good, Ace. Now, all I need to complete my collection is a pic for the tug Image.
This is just my two cents.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Apr 07, 2002 9:47 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by General Edor Crespin:<BR><B>They are cheating a bit, as the XW isn't the XWAU XW. Image<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Who's Xwing do you think it is then?<P>I'll tell you, eventually it will be the new Xwing
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sun Apr 07, 2002 10:08 pm

No idea who's it is, just know that it isn't the current XWAU X-Wing.<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://crespin.xwlegacy.net" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!<BR>MSN @ <B>marajade21e@hotmail.com</B>!

Face
Lieutenant JG

Post by Face » Mon Apr 08, 2002 3:26 pm

Hey they are good. Good work. I've done some skmpics as well, so if you need some i could send them to you.<P>------------------<BR>Commander of Phantom squadron<BR>I've read the Blue Phantom!
Commander of Phantom squadron<P>Pilot of Grandadmiral Thrawns 3.Fleet on ISD I Prodigium

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Apr 08, 2002 5:55 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Who's Xwing do you think it is then?<P>I'll tell you, eventually it will be the new Xwing<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>GEC I wonder whose it is, given that DS is the Starfighter king and is hinting that he has an XWAUU X-wing in the works...<P>------------------<BR>If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost!<BR>(Anything in parentheses can be ignored)<BR>Where patience fails, force prevails<BR>All hail Finagle and his prophet Murphy!
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."