New files ready for you.

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

New files ready for you.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:26 am

Well after a very long break in updates I now have some new stuff on my site for you. :)<p>[ 18 February 2003: Message edited by: Ace Antilles ]
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:08 am

Yep, got them...Ace Antilles.. :D<P> Edit: Oh, also they are really a nice addition to the Skirmish and Movie Packs....<P>Sincerely, rogue518<p>[ 16 February 2003: Message edited by: rogue518 ]
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Exar Kun
Ensign

Post by Exar Kun » Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:23 am

Very nice. I've just downloaded and used all the newly updated ones. Thats all of em then.<P>I have a couple of questions about Morfeo's assuming he read this at some point. Although others could answer this. Two of the pics represent the Nebulon-G and a TIE simply labelled T-O-2. <P>First has anybody ever OPTed the Nebulon-G and does anybody know what the TIE design is?.<P>Anyway all the new pics are far better than the originals and far more pleasing to the eye.
Whatever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger...Unless it bites your legs off, in which case it can only make you shorter.

Specter
Lieutenant JG

Post by Specter » Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:57 pm

*downloads*

Gringlas
XWAU Member

Post by Gringlas » Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:56 pm

Nice work there Ace!

MorfeoMKII
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by MorfeoMKII » Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:19 am

Hello everyone.<P>Great, am on to download everything!<P>The in regards to the Nebulon G, I simply ran into those pics and did them. The T/O is the TIE Obliterator. Prossede to "Talon's Starbase" for a full discription. As far as I known neither ship is avaliable.<P>-MorkoeMKII-

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:00 pm

Thanks Ace<P>Morfoe you pics are good but what program did you use to convert them?<P>the picture clarity looses something, do you have the original pictures?<P>if so could you email a few or all to me
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

GreenLeader0
Ensign

Post by GreenLeader0 » Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:43 pm

Cool pics, Ace and Morfeo! Came just as I was revaming my .dat files too. Thanks!
One can never have to much good wine, beautiful women, and attention.- Talon Karrde, Edge of Victory I: Conquest

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:50 pm

AA, you could have used that pic directly as a link, just imput the pics address in the box when it assks for a description. you didnt have to put the link under it.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Hawk9X
Lieutenant

Post by Hawk9X » Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:29 pm

:)
BURN IT DOWN AND WALK AWAY!

Berruga
XWAU Member

Post by Berruga » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:10 am

Thank you very much Ace!<P> And what about updating your Freespace2 pilots with this <A HREF="http://www.xwaupgrade.com/ubbcgi/ultima ... 1&t=003039" TARGET=_blank>new rebel pilots</A> ?<P> I can send them to your e-mail in *.pcx format, if you are interested of course.<P> :p

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:58 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berruga:<BR><STRONG> I can send them to your e-mail in *.pcx format, if you are interested of course. :)<BR>You got some nice pics there. I'll see if I can find space to squeeze them on sometime.<BR>Don't forget to recommend my site to all SW Freespace fans! :D

MorfeoMKII
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by MorfeoMKII » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:05 pm

Hello everyone.<P>Sorry DS, I dont.<P>Note that I did those pics using the computers at my work, during that very boring weekend night shift.<P>The only convertion that was done was from the 24bit (most pics came out from the Internet this way, JPEG or something) to 256bit, which is what XWA can hanble. I used Paint for this. I used Photoshop to re-size the pic, but that program didint have the convertion option.I think, I really didint dig for answers. The first pic that I did, I only re-size it. Datatech, then told me about 24bit/256bit deal when I attemted to add it to Skirmish.<P>With the exeption of the Modified Action Transport, all the other pics taken from the Rebellion site came in GIF format. No decrease in pic quality during the convercion. Mmmmm... I also found a pic of the T/D in this format elsewhere.<P>Now if there is a way for XWA to acept a pic with 24bit quality, then you got me.<P>Apparently, most of the pics lost where the first ones, those that I sended to you Ace straight in BMP format. Some ISDs and the frontal shot of the CRS where lost. If you happend to bump into these, send them to my E-Mail.<P>Thank again, for posting my pics ACE :)<P>-MorfeoMKII-

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:26 pm

Thanks everyone for all the feedback left. :)<BR>Sooo it's <B>UPDATE TIME!</B> :)<BR>It also contains a few pictures to use for Hawkeyes Enterprise A and E opts.<P>Also I've uploaded the <B>FreeSpace</B> Rebel Pilot pictures that <B>Berruga</B> made.<BR> :D

Desert_Fox
Ensign

Post by Desert_Fox » Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:46 am

can anyone walk me through using DATech, i can't seem to get it to work, nor make any sense of the readme.<P>please help me get these kick ass images into my game!
We all need some therapy, because somebody came along and said 'liberal' means soft on crime, soft on drugs, soft on Communism, soft on defense, and we're gonna tax you back to the Stone Age because people shouldn't have to go to work if they don't want to. And instead of saying 'Well, excuse me, you right-wing, reactionary, xenophobic, homophobic, anti-eductaion, anti-choice, pro-gun, "Leave it to Beaver" trip back to the fifties,' we cowered in the corner and said 'Please, don't hurt me.' No more. I really don't care who's right, who's wrong. We're both right. We're both wrong. Let's have two parties, huh? What do you say?"

JC
XWAU Member

Post by JC » Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:38 am

yeah me too. I used to know how, but I screwed them up bad last week. I guess playing Morrowind nonstop for 6 months can do that too you. :D

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:05 pm

I can generally get the skirmish pics to work, but one little mistake meant I have to redo the entire section.<p>[ 04 March 2003: Message edited by: Major Wes Janson ]
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."