Battle of Yavin shipset OPTs

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Re: Battle of Yavin shipset OPTs

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:07 am

That DS file you sent me is not in OPT or DXF format. The file extenstion is <B>.rar</B>, which is an extension I don't recognize, and I don't believe I have the means of opening or editing it.
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

Col. Fishguts
XWAU Member

Post by Col. Fishguts » Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:59 am

.rar is a package format like .zip. Download WinRar from the net to open the file.
Enjoy life, there's plenty of time to be dead.

Master Qui-Gon
XWAU Member

Post by Master Qui-Gon » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:18 am

Sorry Abolisher....but the other stuff I sent in zip format you did not recieve. I sent this in .rar in order to make the 2mb max file attachment. If you have a link to upload to the please Email me.
Your focus determines your reality.

Rich C
Lieutenant

Post by Rich C » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:24 pm

@Battledog: Well I really don't care who thought of it first, I just remember it being mentioned at the ICP :(
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:23 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Abolisher:<BR><STRONG>I don't have a "program" to capture screenshots. I just hit the "print screen" key, exit XWA, open MS paint and paste the image in there. Then I save it in JPEG format.<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Abolisher if you press CTRL and Print Screen together when flying, XWA will create a BMP screenshot for you in the root folder! Take as many as you want then. :)<P>Also target a ship you want a pic of then press: ALT and U, and then you can use the * outside view to rotate around it for a good pic. Like you would your own ship.<P>Also ALT and O lets you take Tech Globe shots. :cool:<P><I>P.S: Feel free to continue new posts in this Forum to co-ordinate Yavin opts.</I><p>[ 12 February 2003: Message edited by: Ace Antilles ]
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Master Qui-Gon
XWAU Member

Post by Master Qui-Gon » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:46 am

That's what I needed to know thankx Ace. I will post some screenshots of the dstar surface later today.C:\My Documents\flightscreen0.jpg<p>[ 12 February 2003: Message edited by: Master Qui-Gon ]

Master Qui-Gon
XWAU Member

Post by Master Qui-Gon » Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:00 am

Really i'm not a moron but....I just can't figure out how to post my screenshots. I have them made but don't know what to do with them. Also Abolisher Can you send me the deflectiontower you did I would like to import it into the surface.opt......By the way did you get a look at what i sent you?

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:43 am

<B>Rich</B>, I'm looking forward to the Hover Train models. As soon as you are done, I will OPT them right away. :)<P>OK, <B>Ace</B>, I'll try what you said. :)<P><B>Master Qui-Gon</B>, I haven't done a deflection tower OPT. The one in the Yavin shipset pictures is just the Derylin Platform on the Death Star OPT. I have the model that <B>Vince</B> sent me, but I haven't OPTed it yet. I'm waiting to see what materializes out of the Death Star surfaces.<P>Also, I haven't looked at the DS surface you sent yet. To show pics in the forum, you need a place on the web to upload your images to. Then you link to your picture in your post using UBB code.
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:32 am

OK, I got the DS surface file unzipped. The surface isn't bad and would suffice if nothing else is made. However, the buildings are a bit high, big and more scattered then I'd like them to be. Something more like the pic that Vince posted would be ideal. Beggars can't be choosers though, so I'll work with whatever I get.<P>We're you able to extract surface models with the trench and exhaust port? If so, please send them to me.

Master Qui-Gon
XWAU Member

Post by Master Qui-Gon » Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:21 am

Answer one....That is the first run, already working on another surface will retry buildings just nned some input. I will send you the updated surfaces with the allied .fgp file and screenshots in the .rar from now on.....Answer two yes did extract trench with guns,gates and port...will try to put together this weekend....I will work hard to get his stuuf done if you get that tower opted and you send it to me could help me with buildings scale...That picture looks like Rouge Leader ...I will play it later to get more ideas.

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:46 pm

Don't worry about the deflection tower. I'll OPT and scale it for whatever surface we use. Yes, please send the other surfaces with the trench and exhaust port. Hopefully, there will be one surface with a trench (so we can line them up for a long trench) and another surface with the exhaust port to put at the end of the trench.

Master Qui-Gon
XWAU Member

Post by Master Qui-Gon » Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:08 am

Yes, exactly what i'm working on, be sending some stuff to you very soon

Master Qui-Gon
XWAU Member

Post by Master Qui-Gon » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:36 am

Abolisher....Check your mailbox....Working on trench. I'll send it out A.S.A.P.

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:52 am

OK, I got the file and it is much improved. I restitched the textures, and tiled the textures on the larger faces so the surface looks much better than it did. I also trimmed some "junk" off the edges so the surfaces tile without any overlap. I'm looking forward to the trench.<P>Also, is the exhaust port an actual hole? It needs to be so a torpedo can go through the hole and hit a container or some other object that can be used to trigger the chain of events leading to the hyper buoy and seeing Hernan's Death Star OPT blow up behind you.

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:57 am

OK, here are some Death Star Surface pics...<P> :) <B>Master Qui-Gon</B>, you'll probably notice the increase in texture detail on the large flat areas. Thanks for doing this!

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:16 am

Very nice guys!!! Will the resolution be better than the moon surface? or will it be the same?( Not trying to get off topic, since we are talking about surfaces.) I really like it, well done!! :D<P><B> EDIT: </B> Guys I'm at work (Ford Computer room) Y'all just got a hell of a compliment.. they are really impress with y'all work (Xwing Cockpit and DS surface)... thought I would let you know... :D<P>Sincerely, rogue518<p>[ 21 February 2003: Message edited by: rogue518 ]
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:20 am

Each DS surface is about 20x20 km, so you can probably use a higher resolution than with the planet/moon surfaces. I haven't tested this though. :)

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:54 am

Cool...... :)<P>Sincerely, rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Master Qui-Gon
XWAU Member

Post by Master Qui-Gon » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:20 am

The Exhaust port is an actual hole...You'll see the trench by the end of the week. Could you send me back the ds opt. You did a great job of cleaning it up.I would like to see it.

Master Qui-Gon
XWAU Member

Post by Master Qui-Gon » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:27 am

I made the DS surface at 1024 X 768 so the resolution sohuld be just fine.

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:46 am

Master Qui-Gon, I sent you the updated DS surface OPT, but it kept bouncing back as undeliverable. Do you have another E-mail address I can try? I'm still looking forward to the trench and exhaust port. :)

graphicx3000
Lieutenant

Post by graphicx3000 » Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:50 am

Abolisher, these look like replacement textures, since I believe you just took the texes from the gun and pasted them on. Correct me if I'm wrong :). Great work :).

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:03 am

All I did was re-stitch and tile the textures that were already on the OPT that Qui-Gon sent me. I'm not sure what "gun" textures you are talking about. Do you mean the laser turrets I textured for vince?

Gringlas
XWAU Member

Post by Gringlas » Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:09 pm

Outstanding work, Abolisher (and others) on the DS surface!

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:37 pm

The DS (me) :D surface doesn't look too bad, it will look pretty good with some towers on it and so on<p>[ 28 February 2003: Message edited by: Darksaber ]
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station