Battle of Yavin shipset OPTs

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Re: Battle of Yavin shipset OPTs

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:54 pm

There is a link, Darksaber -> hutt Darksaber, modified Death Star Design -> Real Death Star -> Death Star surface.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Master Qui-Gon
XWAU Member

Post by Master Qui-Gon » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:10 am

Hey Abolisher try this one its at work store00594@jiffylube.com<P>I have all the obejects setup just toying with different things but I have the concept should have opt by monday...Exhaust port is completed sending it now as seperate opt.
Your focus determines your reality.

Master Qui-Gon
XWAU Member

Post by Master Qui-Gon » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:16 am

Hey DS I have three towers and I had all of them combined with the DS Surface but they didn't fire wasopt with that ?

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:11 am

OK, I tried sending the surface again.<P>On the other topic, there will be two types of turret OPTs placed on the surface as well as deflection towers. Unfortunately, the 96 craft limit doesn't allow for a high density of these structures. They will have to be concentrated in the areas that the player is most likely to be in any given mission. <P>There is also another problem that we have to work around. If the surface is set to be a station or starship, then it must have orders of "disabled" (to turn off the huge area of tractor beam jamming) and "invincible" (to keep it from shimering) This means that we can't have working laser hardpoints on the surface itself. We could make the ship type a container, which I don't think would have tractor beam jamming, but I don't know how or if laser hard points would work for that ship type.<P>[Edit]I looked at the exhaust port and it is pretty good. However, it is so big that I could fly my X-wing through it. If I reduce the size of the OPT so that the exhaust port is only 3 meters, do you think will it still fit with the trench?[/edit]<p>[ 01 March 2003: Message edited by: Abolisher ]
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

Specter
Lieutenant JG

Post by Specter » Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:25 am

Hmm maybe you could try concentrating groups of turrets in one opt...

Master Qui-Gon
XWAU Member

Post by Master Qui-Gon » Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:21 am

Sure resize it I will make the trench the same length as the ds surface tile so as fas as width I'm still playing with. I have the surface set to SAT....if we set the guns to SAT will it then surpass the 96 ship limit ?<BR>P.S. Specter...already tried putting 20 towers spread out as one opt. Did not fire. Hey Abolisher did you want the 3 towers I completed ?

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:06 pm

Sure, I'll take a look at them. :)
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:15 pm

Okay, first of all, WOW! I don't believe it! I never thought XWA could get that beautiful over a big surface! No offence, Abolisher, but I think this puts all of your other works (eg, planet surfaces) to shame! And those were great! I like!<P>Second, I didn't know you could do that in XWA, the ALT-U thing! Cool!<P>Third, is there anything I can do to help?
Eclipse

Master Qui-Gon
XWAU Member

Post by Master Qui-Gon » Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:14 pm

Abolisher Check your box I sent three files to you. Tell me what you think. Got your email looks real good ! Can't wait till you do the others.

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Third, is there anything I can do to help?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, please make me a better surface! :D See my "digital camera" thread in the pilot lounge for what I need.<P>Qui-Gon, I just got home from being away for the weekend. I'll look at the files you sent in the coming days.

Specter
Lieutenant JG

Post by Specter » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:18 am

Qui gon, in order to fire the turrets must not be TOO MUCH spread from each other: a Weapon hardpoint will not fire it it is too far from the center of the opt (example: Hernan's Death Star)

VeritechCEO
Ensign

Post by VeritechCEO » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:43 am

Master Qui-Gon, did you get my email regarding me asking if I could use your Death Star surface opt?
What!?!? SDF-1 Destroyed the Death Star! We're out of here!
Veritech R&D Facility
The OPT Vault

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:24 am

Qui-Gon, I have looked at both DS Trench models. What is the difference between the two--they both look the same to me. Anyway, either trench model will work since we can simply arrange them end to end to make a long trench.

Master Qui-Gon
XWAU Member

Post by Master Qui-Gon » Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:28 am

One had the exhaust port resized at one end and the other does not.I made it the same dimensions as the DS surface.<BR>Veritech CEO I think you'll have to wait a little longer when it is totally completed everyone can have it.

Matthias
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Matthias » Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:20 pm

I am very interested by this project. And if someone can email me the DS surface, i will be very happy.<BR>Maybe i can help...
Matthias<BR>Head of Project Version Intégrale<BR>Head of Project Starshatter StarWars Mod<BR><A HREF="http://www.xwavi.com" TARGET=_blank>XWAVI</A>

Master Qui-Gon
XWAU Member

Post by Master Qui-Gon » Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:31 am

Abolisher I've got more for you. I'm sending you the surface guns I wanted to use. I think they will look good around the defelection tower you were doing.

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:34 am

OK, I fixed the problem with the textures in the trench. The way I did it is so unorthodox, I won't admit how it was done or try to explain it. Anyway, here are some screenies:<P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P> Image

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:15 am

Abolisher... Looking very good!!!<P>Sincerely, rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

graphicx3000
Lieutenant

Post by graphicx3000 » Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:41 am

Wow! Looks great :).

TIMMAY
Ensign

Post by TIMMAY » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:19 am

Very VERY nice Abolisher :D<P>btw, I dug out Rouge Squadron and started making the Chandrilla models again, But this time im thinking about just making a Base, then seperate buildings so you have heaps of control over it, but there is a problem with Ship Limit.
<A HREF="http://www.ehnet.org/mb/viewforum.php?f=122" TARGET=_blank>Imperial Alliance</A>

Master Qui-Gon
XWAU Member

Post by Master Qui-Gon » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:53 am

Awesome Abolsiher,But what do you want me to do now ?<BR>Did you get the gun turret and towers I sent you and of course I'd like to see the finished trench. Send when you have time thankx.<p>[ 06 March 2003: Message edited by: Master Qui-Gon ]

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:12 am

TIMMAY, actually, the Chandrilla city block needs to have all the buildings in one OPT. If we make the buildings separate, yes the 96 craft limit is a problem, but even more so, is the extra slots that would be used by the buildings. As the XWAAE stands now, the limited craft slots are going to be an issue because many are filled already with other atmospheric-related craft and objects.<P>Qui-Gon, I'll send you the OPT soon. I need to do a tad bit more work on it. As far was what to do next, that is up to you. I don't think anything is needed Death Star wise. Perhaps you could work on a planet surface model as I described in the Pilot Lounge?

Nightwolf
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Nightwolf » Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:00 pm

<I>Sits back in his chair, dreaming of cruising down that trench and blowing something that big up.</I><P>I love it Abolisher. It looks fantastic. When can I blow it up?<P>Just give me the word, and I'll take screenshots too....
Colonel James "Nightwolf" Davidson<BR>Member of the Rebel Squadrons<BR>Intrepid Battle Group XO<BR>Wildcard Squadron CO

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:59 pm

Harrrrrrrrrrr! Beautiful!!!!!!! Harrrrrrrr!
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Chris
Ensign

Post by Chris » Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:49 am

That looks pretty good. :) Dunno if you can up the texture detail on the large flat surface, but very promising. <P>Looks like my little mod is falling behind. :D
SWChris
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/swchris
New Jedi Order Project - http://njoproject.swcity.net/