HAPPY hour

This is for all our broken Happy threads...

Re: HAPPY hour

Driftwood
Lieutenant Commander
XWAU Member

Post by Driftwood » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:20 pm

Topic Hijack!<P>So Wednesday night I was in town and happened to run into my friend Rachel where her brother is staying, and we started talking about stuff.<P>Apparently Thursday night was "formal night" for swing night. Now, being the kind of 'slacker' who hates shopping; especially for clothes, (not to mention hates dress clothes), I don't own anything fancy.<P>I happened to mention this, and she says "That sounds like fun, let's go buy you a shirt!!" <P>So we did. (She almost never wants to hang out/has time for me.)<P>I "let" (as if I had a choice) her pick out my shirt and tie (I hate shopping for clothes). I admit that I enjoyed myself thoroughly. (Aside from being in a clothing store, shopping for clothes, period.)<P>Then she drug me to our church's youth group. (As if I had a choice.) And then I went home.<P>Thursday afternoon I go and get me a haircut, chop off my ponytail, and drive down to where she works; all the while hoping the reaction I get is good, instead of her murdering me on the spot. (Not like I have anything else to do for the next four hours.) Met the two new people working there, seem nice enough.<P>She then told me that she was going to walk to the Post Office to pick up some stamps, and asked if I wanted to go. (Realisticly, as if I had a choice. :p) So we went to the Post Office.<P>On the walk there and back again, somehow we (she) got on the subject of my new hat, and hair. Obviously, (yeah right) between one and ten, I went from a four, to an eight, on the hawtness scale. Yay! Not that I care. Much.<P>Ok fine, I lied, I have a dismal outlook on well, me. I've been a little curious to see what females think about me.<P>And then we met up at the dance later that night, and of course she didn't speak to me at all, and she and her friend left early.<P>Go figure. :confused:<P>Then I went back to my friend's (her brother's) pad and crashed on the couch for the night.<P>His dang alarm went off at 5:30 this morning, and I didn't sleep well the night before. Plus I have math I <B>should</B> do today. So I'm pretty tired. *yawn*<P>I guess there really wasn't a point to this, but that was about the only interesting thing to happen for a while. <P>Time for a nap.

ANDREW L
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:42 pm

typical women....<P><BR>time for a kick @$$ song everyone loves<BR>*sets up the old fationed jukebox*<P>What is love <BR>baby, don't hurt me <BR>Don't hurt me no more <BR>baby don't hurt me <BR>Don't hurt me no more <P>What is love <BR>Yeah <P>Oh, I don't know why you're not there <BR>I give you my love, but you don't care <BR>So what is right and what is wrong <BR>Gimme a sign <P>What is love <BR>baby, don't hurt me <BR>Don't hurt me no more <BR>What is love <BR>baby, don't hurt me <BR>Don't hurt me no more <P>Whoa whoa whoa, oooh oooh <BR>Whoa whoa whoa, oooh oooh <P>Oh, I don't know, what can I do <BR>What else can I say, it's up to you <BR>I know we're one, just me and you <BR>I can't go on <P>What is love <BR>baby, don't hurt me <BR>Don't hurt me no more <BR>What is love <BR>baby, don't hurt me <BR>Don't hurt me no more <P>*instantly the bar is transformed into a nightclub* :p
<A HREF="http://jkdf2.net/jklex/" TARGET=_blank>JKLE</A><P>One of the last active JK and MotS clan<P><I>Legends return one last time</I>

General Edor Crespin
Rear Admiral (Lower Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:24 am

So yeah. Our transformer blew up tonight. :D<P>Well, almost... There was a thick cloud of white smoke pouring out of it, and oil spraying all over the ground. :p<P>Weird thing is, we didn't lose power, so I don't know what happened. But they're coming out in like an hour and a half (i.e. 0100) to replace it with a larger one.<P>At least it wasn't the main transformer. :p<P>And, and, AND, my dad is in Texas right now. So when I ran out there to see it, I was just "Ohhhhhh f***burries."
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Driftwood
Lieutenant Commander
XWAU Member

Post by Driftwood » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:40 am

Ouch, I bet the repairs are going to be rather expensive for whoever has to pay for them.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:39 am

We didn't have to pay for it, the guy said it was part of the utility, since it wasn't our fault, or something like that..

Bunita Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:03 am

LOL, you said that they'd be there in an hour, at 0100, and I looked at my clock and saw that iwas literally 0100. And I laughed :P It's late.<P>Oooh, not good that it decided to blow up on your watch. At least you don't have to pay for it :D<P>Oh, and I absolutely LOVE your choice of profanities :p<p>[ 02 June 2007: Message edited by: Grand Admiral Ronin ]
"Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known..."

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:49 am

We did much damage to the environment tonight.<P>We burned a couple dozen wooden skids/pallets, two CRTs, a PSU (pretty!), three bottles of cologne (noisy :D<p>[ 03 June 2007: Message edited by: General Edor Crespin ]

K_Kinnison

Post by K_Kinnison » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:43 am

stop triple posting GEC, or we might change your name to General Edor Crispy
Currently working on an XWA campaign
XWAU Plank holder
XWAU Team official Poker

darklord
Lieutenant JG
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:57 pm

Are you feeling Ok? I count 2 posts and they are seperated by Grand Admiral Rhon

Rookie_One1
Lieutenant Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:14 pm

so?<P>do it kinnison!
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

ANDREW L
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:31 pm

lol
<A HREF="http://jkdf2.net/jklex/" TARGET=_blank>JKLE</A><P>One of the last active JK and MotS clan<P><I>Legends return one last time</I>

K_Kinnison

Post by K_Kinnison » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:52 pm

I need a good excuse to use my Sith powers.... trying to make sense of the world with a sleep depraved mind isn't one of them.
XWAU Plank holder
XWAU Team official Poker

darklord
Lieutenant JG
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:48 am

yah i guess if you are tired the blue silver medals and the names of GEC and GAR do look alike.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:41 am

That's 'cause we rule. :) And now since I'm sleeping in anyway I'm gonna try Halo 2..

K_Kinnison

Post by K_Kinnison » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:40 am

Woot! I love summer<P>I got invited to a 4th of July party and...<P>Then a friend of my Fathers (who I am also friends with) is having a party after he gets married that is being catered by a world renowned BBQ. They have THE best BBQ sauce you will ever find. it is enough to make vegetarians turn into carnivores, and make eating ribs turn you into what you eat.<P>The main reason is that <A HREF="http://www.smokyjons.com/" TARGET=_blank>Smoky Jon's #1 BBQ</A> only caters to groups of 300 or more... and he has only been able to invite 140.<P>and the problem is that it is on fathers day.. i am going to grab up as much grub plunder and food as I can... and I will be HAPPY
XWAU Plank holder
XWAU Team official Poker

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:49 pm

Argh, I can't believe there's only going to be one more red vs blue. EVER!<BR>How am I going to spend that one evening a week now?
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

Driftwood
Lieutenant Commander
XWAU Member

Post by Driftwood » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:36 am

Bleh.<P>One of the younger punks I know (who's just a bit taller than I) told me that my hair is thinning in the back.<P>I didn't take it seriously at the time, but I checked later that day when I got home. Guess what?<P>I'm starting to lose my hair at 19. :(

Major Wes Janson
Rear Admiral (Upper Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:30 pm

One of the guys at college in some of my classes has the "season 5" Garabaldi look. And he's about 21
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Driftwood
Lieutenant Commander
XWAU Member

Post by Driftwood » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:59 pm

I'm not familiar with that reference. I'm assuming he's a Q-ball? :confused:

K_Kinnison

Post by K_Kinnison » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:26 pm

Meeting up with a girl in about 1 hour. HOpfully this is the start of something long term<P>*crosses fingers* *prays*
XWAU Plank holder
XWAU Team official Poker

darklord
Lieutenant JG
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:56 pm

Well Break a Leg! :D<P>EDIT that way maybe she will pity you<p>[ 12 June 2007: Message edited by: darklord ]

K_Kinnison

Post by K_Kinnison » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:35 pm

WEll, it went fairly well, we laughed, we told stories.. I made her... or got her to do most of the talking. FIrst impressions are that she is a little out of my league... or is too good for me. She is the orchestra director at a local High school, teaching classes in Symphony Orchestra, Concert Orchestra, Creating Music, and Guitar. She plays the violin and taking her word for it, she is probly one of the top 10% violinists in the country.<P>But we also have the same tastes in movies. She likes the Simpson's and, like me, plays board games.<P>I think I made the first cut, and it looks like there might be a future date. she has nice blue eyes, and a good figure. Our knees made contact underneath the table and we didn't move them away. :)<P>I really hope I don't screw this one up.. please God, don't let me screw this up.<p>[ 13 June 2007: Message edited by: K_Kinnison ]
XWAU Plank holder
XWAU Team official Poker

Driftwood
Lieutenant Commander
XWAU Member

Post by Driftwood » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:24 am

Things will work out one way or another. <P>Stressing out, and overthinking too much in these kind of things doesn't work. ;) <P>Have ran into that wall too frequently. <BR>*Holds his metaphoricly bloody nose*<P>Hope things turn out for the best.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:01 am

Leaving for Israel on June 19; will be there three weeks.<P>I am very interested to see what this will do to our ******ship. :)<P>I think, that no matter what happens, either scenario is good in the end.<p>[ 13 June 2007: Message edited by: General Edor Crespin ]