The Matrix reloads!

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

The Matrix reloads!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat May 10, 2003 3:09 am

Ok so you've seen X2. Now are you ready for the Matrix Reloaded!<P>I personally can't wait as I think it's going to blow me away. X2 was full of action but the Matrix stimulates my mind more. I'm looking forward to seeing how Neo's character develops.<BR>Also the Twins look like they will be great characters. I'm looking forward until June too when I might get the Animatrix DVD for my birthday. :)<P><B>DO NOT POST ANY SPOILERS HERE!!</B>
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

TIMMAY
Ensign

Post by TIMMAY » Sat May 10, 2003 5:00 am

Does downloading 150meg worth of Trailers and then all the AniMartix movies in 1 day classify you as a fan? :D<P>And those twins do look cool, I just want to see where Neo has his big ass fight against you know who :D
<A HREF="http://www.ehnet.org/mb/viewforum.php?f=122" TARGET=_blank>Imperial Alliance</A>

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Sat May 10, 2003 4:46 pm

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. Gonna see it this Saturday. I'm excited about it and the next one. BTW, what's Animatrix?
This is just my two cents.

TIMMAY
Ensign

Post by TIMMAY » Sun May 11, 2003 1:35 am

AniMatrix is 9 anime episodes of the Matrix, But they are set before the first movie and they tell the story of who everything happened. <P>They are really really good, especially if you download the highest res version :D<P><A HREF="http://www.intothematrix.com" TARGET=_blank>AniMatrix</A>
<A HREF="http://www.ehnet.org/mb/viewforum.php?f=122" TARGET=_blank>Imperial Alliance</A>

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue May 13, 2003 12:25 am

I'm waiting for the DVD of Animatrix to view them all in 1 go on high quality. You can actually see the Matrix in the cinema again here, and the Final Flight of the Osiris is being shown after it! :)

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue May 13, 2003 5:26 pm

I'm gonna get it. Some facts about it(no spoilers)<P>- it's the most expensive game ever (around $20,000,000!!!!!)<BR>- AFAK it's been directed by the Whakowsky brothers themselves as an 'addon' to the film<BR>- It's said to habe original movie cutscenes implemented.<BR>- The statement was like "You need to watch the film to understand the game and you need to play thhe game to understand the film"
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Tue May 13, 2003 11:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by General_Trageton:<BR><STRONG>The statement was like "You need to watch the film to understand the game and you need to play thhe game to understand the film"</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So, in other words, go spend lots of money going to see the movie at least twice (once before playing the game and once after, maybe more), and spend money (lots of it) on our game when there's probably many other games coming out this summer that'll be better than it (usually the case with movie-to-game games).

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Wed May 14, 2003 6:30 am

Yup, exactly.<P>BTW, a small correction: The game doesn't use original movie material but they had the movie actors to play special cutscenes for the game.<P>[EDIT: Gee! It's true! You really have to see the movie to understand the game!]<p>[ 22 May 2003: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:15 pm

I've just got The Animatrix and it's a must see for any Matrix fan! It really delves into the stories and even reveals the history of the war with the machines. Plus some of it just looks real cool. :)

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:44 pm

Oh and I forgot the Reloaded DVD should be out in November before the Revolution begins.<BR>At the moment WB are asking fans which cover they want for it out of these 3.<BR> :p<p>[ 10 June 2003: Message edited by: Ace Antilles ]

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:22 am

I like the last one best, methinks, though the first one is kinda cool.