Imagine this... [Zahn series in show format]

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Imagine this... [Zahn series in show format]

Red_3
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Red_3 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:40 am

So I heard somewhere they were going to make a Star Wars TV show, and that it would be post RotS. But I had this thought the other night. A TV series would be the perfect way to film the Thrawn Trilogy.<P>The more I think about it, the more I love the idea. Of course I would respectfully request that the court issue a 500 yard restraining order for all the actors from George Lucas.
"This is Flight Cadet Ray Borlin reporting for duty."

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:00 am

I've heard this idea a couple times before, and I totally agree.<P>It will never happen, of course. :(
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:23 am

Sci-Fi miniseries! One per book!
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Baron Wolfsburg
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Baron Wolfsburg » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:37 am

I'm pretty sure the TV series will occur in the time period between ROTS and ANH.<P>I think if GL were to do Ep. VII-IX, the Thrawn trilogy would be good source material. Or perhaps Dark Empire. Or both. I don't know... :p

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:59 am

Yup. A fan's dream :<P>Trilogy I - Rise of the Empire<BR> Episode I - The Phantom Menace<BR> Episode II - Attack of the Clones<BR> Episode III - Revenge of the Sith<P>Trilogy II - Rebellion<BR> Episode IV - A New Hope<BR> Episode V - The Empire trikes Back<BR> Episode VI - Return of the Jedi<P>Trilogy III - Thrawn's War<BR> Episode VII - Heir to the Empire<BR> Episode VIII - Dark Force Rising<BR> Episode IX - The Last Command<P>Trilogy IV - The Undying Tyrant<BR> Episode X - Dark Empire<BR> Episode XI - Dark Empire II (gotta find another title...)<BR> Episode XII - Empire's End
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

Red_3
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Red_3 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:51 pm

I don't think the thrawn books would make good movies. I think each book could be broken into one TV series. Too much time passes in one book for it to work out right as a star wars movie. thats just me though.

Baron Wolfsburg
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Baron Wolfsburg » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:17 pm

Yeah, some modifications would probably need to occur regarding the timespan, but I don't think the end result would be so bad. <P>I also think Dark Empire would be a good candidate for a 3rd trilogy, basically because it centers around Palpatine, a major player in the previous trilogies.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:54 am

I still like the mini-series idea, it turned out well with Dune and BSG...
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:11 am

I would like to see a totaly new story, with new characters, new jedis, new evils...the Thrawn trilogy is beautiful, but somthing new would be better! If someone would create a movie with the Thrawn books, you would not agree with the interpretation of them, because every single change from the book would not be accepted...it is better if Thrawn remains a book (and a comics!)<P>I think that this is the reason because Lucas decided to create the recent trilogy telling about the Clone Wars and the prequels of the rebellion: because too many EU stories has been told about the New Republic...and again, we need something new from George to grow up the Star Wars universe :)

Ol
Rebel Alliance

Post by Ol » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:21 am

Would you really want to see the Thrawn books filmed with different actors in the lead parts? I know I wouldn't.

Baron Wolfsburg
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Baron Wolfsburg » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:27 am

No, I would want it to have the original actors, but of course I know they are too old and/or simply wouldn't be willing to do it.<p>[ 11 March 2006: Message edited by: Baron Wolfsburg ]

dain
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by dain » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:10 pm

I wouldn't want anything involving a clone Palpatine as that is the part of EU I hate the most as it almost totally negates Anakin/Vader's sacrifice and redemption.
Who's trachea do you have to crush with your mind to get some service around here?

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:49 pm

I'm okay with anything pre-NJO, it's nothing to do with the quality of the books or anything, I just don't think they should drag one era out so much that they have to kill off a major character and effectively undo everything that happened in the whole of the timeline of events that happened before, can the galaxy not just stay saved? I especially hate this new 'legacy' thing they're planning, i think that's taking it too far. Personally, I think they should expand other eras, like the tales of the jedi era. (I'm currently working on a fanfic post-kotor2 novella). I think a mini-series dramatisation of kotor would be really good, would never a<BR>happen of course (what with the multiple timeline possibilities) but if it did, I'd watch it.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

dain
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by dain » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:17 pm

I think the quality IS a problem... all the plots are so dull... Imperial remnant is building a new fleet/super weapon.. Luke, Han, Leia and Lando must fight off this new threat blah blah blah yadda yadda yoda.<P>Yes why can't the galaxy stay saved.. is it at all realistic that so many threats would crop up in so short a time?.. the original republic stood for thousands of years with no major threats..
Who's trachea do you have to crush with your mind to get some service around here?

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:51 pm

The original Republic had a few incidents of near annhilation, but the periods of peace were usually when the Sith were licking their wounds and the Jedi were numerous.
Corellian Browncoat

Red_3
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Red_3 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:39 pm

I really don't think it would be so bad to have replacement actors for luke, han and leia. Who gives a crap? They could find similar looking actors. Maybe even find the actress who played Mon Mothma.

Mako
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:12 pm

Mabe you wouldn't care about replacment actors, but I can Garuntee(SP?) that every one else in the Star Wars loving community would. It's like getting someone else other than Harrison Ford to play Indiana Jones. Sacraligious man, sacraligious.
Power without perception is worthless and of no use.
Current WIP The Lost Fleet everything else is on hold.

Red_3
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Red_3 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:12 am

I'd prefer new actors to the old ones at this point

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:24 am

“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

Deoxis
Rebel Alliance

Post by Deoxis » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:01 am

I Felt all the NJO to lukes death would make a good Series.<P>(Basiclly all EU.<p>[ 17 March 2006: Message edited by: Deoxis ]

zigdaddy
Cadet 4th Class

Post by zigdaddy » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:27 pm

"McCallum said there would be "a whole bunch of new characters" and the series would be "much more dramatic and darker"."<P>So... basically it will look and feel like the new Battlestar Galactica? Not sure how i feel about that. Seems to me like GL is running out of ideas.