Destiny's Way and Rogue Planet link (spoilers)

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Destiny's Way and Rogue Planet link (spoilers)

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Thu Nov 21, 2002 12:17 pm

In the Destiny's Way review at Amazon.co.uk , a reviewer says it "...beuatifully links the book, Rogue planet, st 50 years earlier, with the NJO series..."<P>I don't want to buy rogue planet (im strapped for cash), so can anyone post a plot synopsis of Rogue Planet here?<P>I wonder if the 'Rogue Planet' is Zenoma Sekot?
Texturing the <B>XWAUP Hyper Bouy</B><P><I>(Its gonna blow your mind)</I>

Exar Kun
Ensign

Post by Exar Kun » Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:30 pm

Yes, Zanoma Sekot is Rogue Planet.<P>I haven't read it in a while, so this is from memory.<P>Basically Its set three years after EPI with Obi Wan and Anakin being dispatched to the Outer Rim to find information about a planet that manufactures living ships. A Jedi apprentice was previously sent and hasn't reported back. Once there they discover some stuff thats already covered in Destiny's Way (Race from outside the galaxy, Vergeres gone with them, planet comes under attack and ignites giant engines and disappears). <P>To be completely honest the whole books a bit crap. It does feature Tarkin and Rathe Sienar using a Trade Federation fleet to get the living ships and Anakin does some dark side stuff but thats about it.<P>Frankly though the link isn't all that great. Sure we have Vergere mentioned and the Vong mentioned if not named. But the books not really worth the money.
Whatever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger...Unless it bites your legs off, in which case it can only make you shorter.

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:07 pm

Cheers, you've just saved me that money.<P>When was rogue planet written? If it was written in the early-NJO era, the WHOLE NJO plot concerning Vergere must've been pre-planned pretty early.

Exar Kun
Ensign

Post by Exar Kun » Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:56 pm

Vector Prime: Published 1999.<BR>Rogue Planet: Published 2000, Agents of Chaos Duology same year.<P>As for the pre-planning maybe someone has a rough draft of the entire NJO saga with all the lttle connections to other era books. It would probably map out the general course of the saga with major events marked and the authors are just given free rein to fill everything in. Makes you think doesn't it. Somebody somewhere may know a general outline of how it all ends.
Whatever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger...Unless it bites your legs off, in which case it can only make you shorter.

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:05 pm

YUP! look at <A HREF="http://www.njoe.com" TARGET=_blank>www.njoe.com</A> and click on 'the big news'. the website administrator know something....but is only releasing cryptic clues and garbled images!<P>My crazy conclusion is that the Galactic Alliance and the yuuzhan vong ally up to fight an empire-built superweapon.....but thats just me! :P

Terribly Mauled
Ensign

Post by Terribly Mauled » Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:15 pm

The plotline of Rogue Planet is integral to the NJOP as well... and I wrote the story for that just after Rogue Planet came out, so I must be psychic! :D
"Come come Master Kenobi. Put me out of my misery..."<BR>- Count Dooku, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones<BR>------------------------<P>Star Wars: X Wing Alliance - <BR><A HREF="http://njoproject.skywalkeronline.net/" TARGET=_blank>The New Jedi Order Project</A><P><BR>The Invasion begins...

Terribly Mauled
Ensign

Post by Terribly Mauled » Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:19 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Exar Kun:<BR><STRONG> Frankly though the link isn't all that great.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>There is an important point that needs to be added. Zenoma Sekot managed to repel the Vong's attack somehow. How it did this is apparently integral to the rest of the NJO
"Come come Master Kenobi. Put me out of my misery..."<BR>- Count Dooku, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones<BR>------------------------<P>Star Wars: X Wing Alliance - <BR><A HREF="http://njoproject.skywalkeronline.net/" TARGET=_blank>The New Jedi Order Project</A><P><BR>The Invasion begins...