Destiny's way comments (spoilers definatly)

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Destiny's way comments (spoilers definatly)

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:00 am

Well, I just finished reading it, and my thoughts are: it's about tmie! The republic has been pshed too far. It does seem a bit odd that this new book is nearly all good news, after the defeats and setbacks in the rest of the NJO. Let's see, what all is good:<BR>1. New, jedi-friendly Chief of State<BR>2. New Jedi Council<BR>3. Ackbar is back<BR>4. Farlander and his battle group destroy a Grand Cruiser and a Warmaster<BR>5. The Hapans are back involved<BR>6. The Empire has an SSD again<BR>7. The Yuuzhan Vong fleet is decimated, and Tsvong LAh is killed<BR>8. The other Rebel SSD, Guardian, is back<BR>9. The Rebel fleet is now getting larger<BR>10. The Chiss are involved<BR>11. The Rebels have a doomsday weapon is necessary<P>I loved the line about "they layed a mine, then tens of mines, then hundreds, then thousands, then ten thousands of mines"<P>What do you think of this book?<BR>On a final note, it seemed kind of short actually, not really long enough to be a hardback.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Exar Kun
Ensign

Post by Exar Kun » Sun Oct 20, 2002 8:00 am

Don't forget a few more points.<P>12. The Jedi are know acting as some sort of Fleet Co-ordinaters.<P>13. All the surviving jedi from the Mrykr mission have finally been elevated to Jedi Knight. Previously they were still students.<P>14. Jaina is now a lieutenant-Colonel.<P>15. The Bothans have declared Ar'krai. Which means they'll go all out with the intention of wiping out every single Vong. <P>16. Shimrra has declared a kill on sight order for Nom Anor who seems to have fled.<P>17. Jacen is in constant contact with the World-brain that is shaping coruscant. the world-brain is also sabotaging the sacrifices and unleashing a virus on the Vong which causes itchy rashes to all.<BR> <BR>I really enjoyed reading it although in a few odd places it seemed a bit weak. It did seem kind of short, but only when you compare it to Star by Star. I ended up reading it from cover to cover in a day. I just couldn't put it down, plus it was raining and I decided to stop in. <BR>I was actually expecting the parts that covered the Chief of State elections to be a bit slow and boring...but they weren't.<P>Interesting fact: I never knew how wide an SSD was and I wasn't really bothered. But according to Destinys Way an SSD is 4KM wide.<P>One thing I'm wondering about though is Lowbacca piloting an X-Wing. He's a Wookie, probably around a good height for a Wookie. Can he even fit in the cockpit?.<p>[ 20 October 2002: Message edited by: Exar Kun ]
Whatever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger...Unless it bites your legs off, in which case it can only make you shorter.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:26 am

4 kilometers wide? I was under the impression that it stretched 4 kilometers either way from the docking port, which implies the 8km length or what SW.com is saying the length is right now, as opposed to the movie/canon length of 17.8km.<P>Was talking with Exar on AIM and he brought up a question.. Where's the <I>Guardian</I> been these last few years? Pwoe says that the <I>Lusankya</I> is the most powerful ship remaining in the Navy, but as they're both of the <I>Executor</I>-class.. The Essential Chronology says that Ackbar commanded the <I>Guardian</I> shortly before Specter of the Past, with which he decimated the Imperial fleet commanded by Admiral Pellaeon. But it's still absent for a while, unless I've missed something..?<p>[ 20 October 2002: Message edited by: General Edor Crespin ]
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Exar Kun
Ensign

Post by Exar Kun » Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:29 am

True.
Whatever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger...Unless it bites your legs off, in which case it can only make you shorter.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:00 am

Perhaps the guardian was damaged. That would explain the Lusankya being the most powerful. I also saw the 4 km to mean 8 km wide, which means that the whole ship should be at least 16 km to keep the right proportions. Or are they talking about a new type of SSD?<BR>I want to know here the heck all the Viscounts and stridents have gone!
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

legend43
Lieutenant JG

Post by legend43 » Sat Nov 02, 2002 12:09 am

There are many different lengths to the SSD, have we not decided upon this? I care not to go ojnto it. As for the Lusankya the most powerful, that isn't what they said. They said it was the most powerful ship under Wedge's command, if i remember. The book all in all was good. <P>Lemme celebrate: Tsavong Lah finally died. Nom Anor is afraid to do anything. Shimmra is having his strings pulled by his fammiliar. Can't wait till Remnant.
ME: I hate censoship. It's gay.<BR>AK: I know @#!$ that!

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:05 am

"Pwoe just handed me the Navy's biggest srrviving warship..."<BR>page 56 Rebel Dream<BR>The biggest might fit because of the refits done to it at Bilbringi on the nose may make it slightly longer or more massive than the Guardian.
Corellian Browncoat

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:13 pm

WHAT?!?!?! ALL GOOD NEWS? What are you guys on?<P>Vegere dies!<BR>Nom Anor dies!<BR>Anakin dead!<BR>Chewbacca dead!<P>Are the authors conspiring to kill off ALL my favorite characters.<P>Vergere's role in the book was dissapointing. I expected major revelations about the force and the Vong, and how they are connected. Also, the book was too short, i got through it in a mere three days, even when i was tring to savour the experience! Not worth the hardback edition. It should have been released softcover while the three force heretic books should be released in one hardback!
Texturing the <B>XWAUP Hyper Bouy</B><P><I>(Its gonna blow your mind)</I>

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:23 pm

Except for Chewie, I didn't like any of those people. :D
Corellian Browncoat

RogueWing
Cadet 1st Class

Post by RogueWing » Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by legend43:<BR><STRONG><P> Shimmra is having his strings pulled by his fammiliar. </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I thought the same thing. But, everyone else that I know that has read it says I'm crazy.
I childproofed my house 2 years ago, but they still keep sneaking in.

DarthSidious15
Cadet 1st Class

Post by DarthSidious15 » Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:01 am

And who can forget Alpha Red :)<p>[ 14 November 2002: Message edited by: DarthSidious15 ]

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:46 pm

Wow, I just read my first post again and am amazed at the number of typos :D
Corellian Browncoat

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:16 pm

Bad things:<P>Weak Jedi Council, (although I suppose its better than nothing, it means they're stuck with this weak body until the Republic falls to bits.)<P>X-Wings dogfighting at light speed. Non re-charging shields and other Star Trek-ish things.<P>Alpha Red.<P>No Cracken, Intel is now corrupt.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:29 pm

Azza, methinks you like Star by Star too much. :p DW seems to be the normal length for a normal SW hardcover.

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:30 pm

Yup, i love the way the new republic has shattered...its so much moire offbeat than the other non-NJO books, where an enemy was dealt with within the course of two or three books.<P>Did anyone else notice that I said that Nom Anor dies? LOL!silly me.

Shark
Ensign

Post by Shark » Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:17 pm

i just finished the book last night. its also worth mentioning how both the solo twins have fired force lightning now :)<P>i loved the quote where it explained "the emerald" lighting came from Jacen's fingers.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Nov 16, 2002 3:13 am

*waits for next book*
Corellian Browncoat

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sat Nov 16, 2002 12:58 pm

It's not coming out until January, methinks. Image<p>[ 16 November 2002: Message edited by: General Edor Crespin ]

Shark
Ensign

Post by Shark » Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:44 am

awww me so sad..way too long a wait.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:40 pm

fine then! *waits for Two Towers movie*
Corellian Browncoat

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:44 pm

LOL.....ive pre-ordered Force Heretic already!

Jedi_knight
Lieutenant

Post by Jedi_knight » Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:15 am

<I>sigh</I><P>i still miss chewie though, seems like ages ago since they killed him off
Now you will see why evil always truimphs over good, because good is dumb - Dark Helmet

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:34 pm

Damn! you americans get FH 6 days before us!

RogueWing
Cadet 1st Class

Post by RogueWing » Mon Dec 30, 2002 9:08 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Wes Janson:<BR><STRONG>Perhaps the guardian was damaged. That would explain the Lusankya being the most powerful. </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sorry to bring back this thread, but at the end of Destiny's Way, it mentions the new Republic President as having an office aboard the SSD Guardian.
I childproofed my house 2 years ago, but they still keep sneaking in.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:22 pm

And...?<P>Sorry, don't see how that relates to what you quoted. :) Maybe that the NR President wouldn't have an office aboard a damaged ship?