Open War: A galaxy in flames

to immortalize all those epic battles we fought together...

Re: Open War: A galaxy in flames

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:28 pm

"Damn!" Said Vorak. "They're trying to take the Mandalore. I want all available troops boarding it immediately! And tell those Kaos whackos they got about seven minutes before Nal Hutta is vaporized!"

Mandalorian ships were known for being semi-automated. The Mandalore was huge, but only needed a crew about the size of a Victory Star Destroyer. And it wasn't even carrying its full complement of marines. No one expected the Hutts to put up much of a fight. It was now all the easier to board.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"Fire the magnapulse gun. If we can get those gravitywells down for just a minute, our fleet can escape!"
"yessir."

The blue energy projectile shot off. Magnapulse technology had been used by the Empire during the Galactic Civil War to disable enemy tanks. The cannon on the Mandalore was just a more powerful version. The projectile exploded in the middle of the Kaos fleet, sending out a pulse of electricity. The ships would only be disabled for about two minutes, but that was all Raze's fleet needed.

BOOM!

"Sir, they've taken out our main engines! Our hyperdrive is destroyed."
Another officer shouted out. "Sir, we're being boarded!'
Raze watched helplessly as the rest of the fleet escaped, then said grimly, "I don't know about you, but I'm not letting this ship fall to pirates. Prepare to overload the reactors. If we go to hell, we're taking a lot of them with us!"
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Malzic was already giving a speech, in a new suit of armor. Some of his hair on the front right side of his head was gone. His skin was burned on the upper right quarter of his face, and his right eye looked like a dead fish's.

"We know who these vile traitors are. They are the High Commanders who swore loyalty to Mandalore!" he said to a cheering crowd. "We will have them arrested and executed! There will be no more hindrances to our destiny!"

The crowd went wild.
Wielder of The Spatula

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:16 am

Ferris watched as a few Mandalorian ships left the system as her ship hovered above the Mandalore. "How many escaped?"
"Three, One cruiser and two smaller ships, possibly fighters. Shall I send some one to pursue?"
Ferris frowned for a moment before answering. "No, three is more than enough to send a message. Though not as powerful a message as leaving none to send it." Moving over to the view port she observed as numerous boarding craft with Viper insignia approached the Mandalore, They must've really wanted that ship. Ferris sighed to herself. It would've made a nice addition to the fleet, but as her dad was known for saying 'Not all money is good money'. Turning to the rather cute fellow at communications she started giving orders. "Tell the Kiros and Warhawk to hold their positions around the Mandalore we're not going to board it the rest of our fleet is to support what's left of the Hutt's rabble . Then get a hold of Vorak and tell him his people have exactly one hour to get that ship under their control before we just vaporize it and we'll discuss his bringing a fleet into our territory later. Then after that get me Monmara so he can explain to me how someone can come in and cause him to turn into a bumbling slug of a Hutt. Oh and don't forget to send my dad the report."
Power without perception is worthless and of no use.
Current WIP The Lost Fleet everything else is on hold.

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:45 am

Scalphunter squadron set down in a hangar already cleared by Viper troops. One said to Vorak, "Sir, we've cleared most of the ship. The bridge is still locked up."
"Then let's get through!" said Vorak. He had just got the OK from Ferris to take the Mandalore.

Scalphunter passed through countless halls filled with dead Mandalorians. One was still groaning. He had a blaster hole in his armor. Vorak shot him in the head and he stopped.
"REACTOR OVERLOAD IN TEN MINUTES."
"Osik! They don't want to be captured." said D'Arman angrily. "We have to get to the reactor room, now!"
They changed course for the reactor room. They encountered little resistance. Most of the ship had been cleared. Anything left alive was soon killed by Scalphunter. Finally, they reached the reactor room.
"Spread out!" cried D'Arman. He threw a flashbang grenade into the room. There were various screams along the lines of "Aagh! My eyes!"
blaster fire mowed down the blinded defenders. D'Arman walked to the center of the room.
"Obviously, this is a ship type I'm not as familiar with, but I know Mandalorian ships well enough to know that that power coupling over there is sending all the energy to the reactor. It'll eventually overload, but all you need to do is take out the coupling."
He shot a wrist rocket at the coupling, exploding it.
"It's a serious design flaw, I admit."

They went back to the bridge. A couple minutes later, they saw a group of Vipers placing a breaching charge on the blast door.
"Three, two, one!'
BOOM!
Scalphunter charged in, blasters blazing. The crew quickly threw down their blasters.
"But, how?" was all Raze could say
"If the designers of this crate had paid more attention, we would be dead." said D"Arman.

"Mandalore to Kaos fleet. This ship's under new management. Until another time."
"Acknowledged, Mandalore. We'll power down our gravity wells."
The Mandalore dipped to it's side in salute, turned, and entered hyperspace with the rest of the Vipers.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
The "trials" were short. Every single High Commander on the military council was found guilty and executed. Now, Malzic was speaking to thousands of cheering Mandalorians.
"With the disbanding of the Military Council and the executions of the traitors, the last internal roadblock to our great civilization has been removed. All except for the countless undesirables ruining the purity of our race. They fight alongside us humans. They have no right. From this day forward, the Mandalorian military, education system, and public facilities will be segregated. Humans will now be separate of non-humans. Our purity will be protected!"
The Mandalorians had always believed that anyone could be a Mandalorian as long as they followed the necessary codes of honor, but were always virtually exclusively human. After the Neo-Mandalorian revolution seized power from the Zann Consortium, many Rodians, Trandoshans, Devaronians, even some Wookies and a few other species joined in fairly large numbers. The "purists", humans with original Mandalorian descendants, who believed the Mandalorians should remain exclusively human, resented this. Malzic was playing on the paranoia created by his assassination attempt.
Wielder of The Spatula

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:03 pm

"Malzic is back on Mandalore." Ray informed. "He's already executed the traitors, before any of our agents could extract them. Now he's giving a public statement."
"Another one of his firy rants?" Vince shrugged.
"Yeah, I suppose." Ray confirmed. "But this is bigger. He's started an anti-nonhuman campaign and plans to 'purify' the Mandalorian civilization."
"Racist bastard!" Rhitargo hissed and gritted his teeth. It was obvious the Dhilani supreme commander despised such a motion.
"Well, that yet adds to our advantage." Ray explained. "If we can persuade the non-human civilization to act up, we might gain more allies behind enemy lines."
Phaley shook her head. "I don't believe this. With each step this fool digs his own grave a bit deeper. If this goes on, the war is over without us moving a single muscle."
"Yes, but in that case we wouldn't have much claim on a part of the cake." Karner argued. "Time to act."
"So what's our next move?"
Vince smiled. "We give Malzic a taste of what war really is. Put me in contact with Mako and Rain!"

///////////////

With a flash of light the Scorpion and the Dawn reverted back to real space and headed for the planet of New Cophuran. Soon they were hailed by the security outposts.
"This is ESS Black Scorpion on aproach vector 7-2-9 requesting clearance alpha for me and my wingman."
"Acknowledged, Black Scorpion, clearance alpha... Wait a second, we have no records of a wingman."
Mryna rolled her eyes. "Just do it, Jeff!"
"Hey, don't blame me for doing my job, Princess!" Jeff objected. "Fine, alpha-clearance granted for you and your mysterious friend."
"Thank you, Jeff, you're the best."
"I wish you'd someday tell that to my superiors!"
"I would," Mryna said with a shrug. "but if they hear you give alpha-clearance to unidentified ships without a register and background check, you'd get in trouble."
"Argh just get lost!" Jeff snarled annoyedly.
Spinning into the atmosphere the two ships ships blazed towards the spire-like palace in the distance.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Design HQ | Vince T's X-Wing HQ | My Steam Workshop

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:33 pm

D'Arman looked at the Mandalore from the Viper's Nest. They had been lucky to get here safely, considering how hastily the hyperdrive had been repaired. The entire ship was covered in craters and holes where something should have been. It was undergoing massive repairs, but would make a great addition to the Viper fleet when finished.

"You know, I should try stealing ships from your people more often." Said Vorak with a smile to D"Arman.
"Only 'till I get back." said D'Arman half-jokingly.
"Holo for you." said Vorak. "It's a High Commander Rozik."
"Good. I knew he wouldn't stand long for Malzic's osik. I'll see what he wants."
Rozik's image appeared. "Greetings, Supreme Commander. We were all worried about you. We hadn't heard anything about you since Nal Hutta. It was only until our sympathizers in Malzic's intel reported that you had been confirmed present during the battle did we hear anything at all. I admit I thought it was a joke at first. I still can't believe your pirate friends were able to take the Mandalore. so easily."
"I still can't believe his Mando friends lost it so easily." growled Vorak.
"Enough!" Said D"Arman. Then joked, "Anyway, it helps when there's a few dozen thousand of us."
"You'll be glad to know that Commander Xiana Fett is on her way to New Cophruan as we speak. She was sent to smooth out relationships with the ESS. Win them over to our cause. We expected her to be finished by now, but she was, shall we say, interrupted."
"But she's okay?"
"Yessir. It'll take more than Malzic's two-bit hired muscle to stop her."
There was a sound of turbolaser fire.
Rozik was shocked. "What the? All forces engage! Repeat, all forces enBZZZZ!"
The transmission went dead. Vorak and Karvic exchanged glances.
"Where did the signal come from?"
"Tyrax." said Vorak.
"Let's go!"
Vorak sighed. "I thought we called it even when we got back from Nal Hutta."
"Well, the Mandalorian Empire sure isn't calling it even after you stole the Mandalore."
"Why do I have the feeling you planned this all along?"
D'Arman shrugged. "Guess I just had good luck."
Wielder of The Spatula

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:44 pm

"Commander Fett, Welcome to New Cophuran." Vince hailed the Mandalorian. "I'm glad to see you made it here safely after your trouble on Coruscant."
"I was in good company, your Highness." Fett raplied with a smile towards Mryna.
"And this is...?" Vince continued and mustered the man behind the two.
"Jack Silk, your Highness." Silk answered firmly and made a bow. For some reason Mryna was suprised to find him acting mature for once.
"Mr. Silk aided us during our escape from Coruscant." Mryna explained. A subtle guesture of hers made her master raise a brow, then nodd in understandment. "I see. You have my gratitude then and your help shall be rewarded. Please accompany Lady Qhalic. Commander Fett and I have a lot to discuss."
Following Vince's inviting guesture Fett stepped forward. Turning towards Mryna she made a short bow. "thank you for your help." She said. "I guess we'll meet again?"
"Certainly." Mryna said and answered the bow.
"Until next time then." the Mandalorian said and followed Vince.

"Well then" Mryna said and turned towards Silk. "We have a difficult case now."
"How so?" Silk frowned.
"You have become involved in matters ordinary people shouldn't even know about. In any other case I would be force to permanently arrest you or execute you." That remark made him swallow hard. "However, you displayed exceptional skills and have demonstrated a strong will in difficult situations, which make your case special. And through your actions you have earned the Emperor's and my gratitude. Therefore, I want to make you an offer, a choice only few are given."
"What choice?"
"Come with me, Mr. Silk!" She said solemnly. "Let's discuss your future!"

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:14 am

The Mandalore and the Vipers dropped out of hyperspace right behind the Mandalorian Imperial ships. The Mandalorian rebels were vastly outnumbered and surrounded. The few remaining ships were surrounding the Swordbreaker like scared children clinging to their mother.
"Fire!" D'Arman cried.
A few corvettes and frigates instantly exploded. The enemy fleet quickly turned around to face the greater threat. The Mando fighters quickly became overwhelmed by the Vipers. D'Arman was in awe of the raw power the Mandalore posessed. The enemy was being torn apart by the Vipers. Jym Vorak loved having his ships get in the middle of his enemy's fleet and shred it to pieces.

Half an hour later, D'Arman tipped the Mandalore to it's side saluting Vorak's fleet, increased with captured Mandalorian Imperial ships, as they prepared to jump back to the Viper's nest.
"All debts paid, old friend. All debts paid."
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Malzic looked at the bodies of the dead rioters. All of them were nonhuman. He had unwittingly done a great service to the Mandalorian Rebellion, providing them with many people who had supported him until now but now were defecting by seemingly dozens a minute. It wasn't the fact that these nonhumans had started a riot that disturbed him. The reason he got a chill was because some of the bodies were armed with ESS surplus blasters.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Felmar walked into the room on the lower levels of Coruscant. He was disguised in plain clothes. The room was dimly lit. He walked to the holocam that would scramble and broadcast his transmission to the Mandalorian rebels.
"Greetings, High Commander Rozik. I am senator Felmar of the New Republic Congress. I regret that I cannot meet you in person, but my situation forbids it....
Wielder of The Spatula

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:47 am

Gyttel set the intelligence report, printed on flimsiplast at his request, down on the desk and reached for his mug of caf. It was a little ironic in his mind that only months ago he had been temporarily reassigned to Imperial Intelligence, where he had read dozens of such reports, mostly with little interest. And now, here he was again, only this time the file had been compiled at his request, and he had been eager to study it. Four days after his extraction, Admiral Darron Larcoon of the Empire of the Seven Suns was still being debriefed by numerous officials, but Gyttel had been one of the first to get access. Between Larcoon's own observations, and a segment of a large, encoded data packet that Larcoon had helped decode, Gyttel know had a great deal of information on one Mryna Qhalic. Though much of the later entries were speculation and estimates, Gyttel was nonetheless in posession of most of her service history, including assessment scores and psychological profiles, as well as key biographical data.
Gyttel remembered his time as a commando, how they had often spent weeks planning on operation, studying in the greatest depth the target they were about to assassinate or extract. In this business, knowledge was everything, and Gyttel now had enough to feel he was beginning to understand his enemy, even if he did not quite understand precisely why he was so obsessed with her capture. Perhaps it was the men under his command she had killed, though that had happened dozens of times as a regular soldier. Perhaps it was how instrumental she had been in the capture of Admiral Pitto's flagship, only to then turn on them; though Gyttel knew that Pitto was planning on turning on them anyway. Perhaps it was simply because he had found someone that, so far, he had been unable to best. She was a challenge, and Gyttel was not a man who would accept failure at such a challenge.
The door opened, and Gurn Akkare walked in, scratching his stubbly beard.
"Still haven't learned to knock then?" Gyttel said pointedly.
"What's the point when you would have let me in anyway?" Akkare replied with a smile. "So, still poring over your girlfriend then? I think you only wanted that dossier for the pictures."
"Akkare," Gyttel snarled, "I'm starting to think that Pitto only keeps you around to keep me annoyed. I shoot things when I'm annoyed."
"Alright, I give in. No more jokes. Though I really think you could do with some more female contact, why don't you come down to the bar with me? There's a couple of girls who work in the engineering section that-"
"Akkare," Gyttel cut in, "What do you want?"
"Mostly to give you this," Akkare set a small datapad down on the desk, "it's the latest brief on the Mandalorian situation."
"Are we still staying put?"
"For the moment, the Empire never really recognised the Mandalorians as a political entity in the first place. As far as we're concerned, it's a pirate war. Our focus is still the New Republic, though with all the backroom deals, it looks like we're headed for a peace treaty with them anyway."
"Maybe it's about time for that anyway," Gyttel sighed, "or maybe that's just my age talking."
"Well, we've managed to secure another sector via Republic recognised plebiscite, so that's one thing less to conquer. The Admiral's not too happy, he was coming up with a rather nice plan to take that sector, but I think he recognises that times are changing. One other thing: they're nearly finished with Larcoon, once they are, Gyttel wants you and him to start work on a plan to get Harkner and Bludgeon back, the ESS are still holding him prisoner, and we have no way of negotiating."
"Right, will do." Gyttel replied wearily, "I'll get Omicron squad up and we'll see what we can do. Hostage rescue always was one of my favourites." Gyttel gave an ironic smile.
"Well I'd best be off, the Admirals working on contigency plans for the Mandalorians, and I want to get some time in at the bar before I'm needed again." Akkare winked and walked out.
Gyttel smiled for a moment, before stretching and picking up the datapad. Showing those barbarians how to really fight could have been fun, he thought.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:26 pm

...as you may know, I am strongly against the Core Alliance Peacekeeper Corps. I believe the New Republic has given them free reign to be as brutal and agressive as they want. The CA also recognizes the Mandalorians as a threat, while the New Republic doesn't, at least not officially. I have been the driving force behind the effort to disband the Peacekeeper Corps in Congress. Two weeks ago, a Mandalorian Imperial agent tried to.... persuade me into continuing my effort to disband the Peacekeepers. He also threatened me with death if I didn't. I seek refuge with your fleet, as I doubt my own government will be willing to provide adequate security for me. High Commander, I could be your only hope in easing tensions with your people and the Core Alliance."

The holo ended.
"Well, a New Republic senator who doesn't suck it up to the CA is certainly something." Rozik said to Karvic.
"He seemed very sincere, I honestly pity the poor chakaar, but there may be too much on our plate and we may be too limited to do much." D'Arman said. "For now, let's just wait and see what news Commander Fett brings from New Cophruan."
Wielder of The Spatula

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:59 am

Mako took in the arid air that the breeze swept past him as he once again walked the surface of Korriban. He wondered if the surface of the planet had changed at all since his last visit some ten years ago. Korriban, home planet to the once great Sith, and doorway to the ancient Sith Empire. Mako wished he could look once more upon the old ruins that the Sith had left behind, to see their grand magnificence one more time. Unfortunately that was a luxury he no longer had. But mako didn't need his eyes to see what else the Sith had left, a totally dead planet. The Sith a once great race, reduced to to an Ideal, then to extinction. Not unlike the Zhawn. Once a race, now an Ideal, and with so few left able to hold titles or be worthy of the ideal, it too will soon be extinct.
Mako wondered if the Coalition would end up the same way. Would his ideal become extinct? No. The Coalition was a group that was built on top of an ideal, and that group will one day become a race, and that race will control the darkest corner of the galaxy to ensure that no one over steps their bounds, that none shall be oppressed, and that the galaxy shall remain safe no matter the cost to the coalition itself. That brought a smile and a chuckle. How ironic, the most chaotic group of people in the galaxy, taking over the most chaotic region of the galaxy with the purpose of helping to keep order through out the galaxy. Mako had started to laugh to himself over that one when his personal comm unit went off. "Yeah?"
"Someone wants to talk to you." Roscha was on the other end.
"Floaty?"
Roscha tried to stifle a laugh. "You know he's going to kill you if he ever hears that's what you nicknamed him."
"Eh," Mako shrugged "He can take a number. I'll be there in a moment."

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"You want me to what? With my what?" Mako succeeded in keeping his voice level, but it took all he had to keep his face straight and keep from cracking a huge smile. Though having someone with completely whited out eyes stare at you would be rather unnerving, Mako didn't imagine Vince Trageton was sweating under his collar, though from the gagging sounds Roscha made while trying to stifle her laughter he could have been wrong. That or Vince was making funny faces that Mako himself couldn't see which was fine too. But it was the way Vince sounded, like he was sorry for asking for a friend's help.

"I want you to help me show Malzic what the true Chaos of war is with your pirate fleet, please." Mako could have sworn he heard an apologitic tone to Vince's voice.
"Stop using sign language Vince, I'm blind, not deaf." Mako could feel the stare that Roscha shot him for that one. Oh come on Vince should know by now he's being messed with. "I can't give you my whole fleet as it's currently tied up, but I could spare a few ships. I'll have to see what's available."
"Should I get you a pair of glasses?" Ah there it was, Vince's sense of humor.
"Nah, I've got seeing eye wife for that. It's the greatest thing I tell you. Shes a calender, seeing eye person, chef, ultra powered queen warrior, and berating companion all rolled into one."
"She cooks?" Vince sounded amazed by that
"Yeah, but it's just a cover for her to practice knife fighting."
"Mine doesn't cook. Roscha showed her everything else, but how to cook." Vince sounded very disappointed about that.
"Well Vince I can't help you with that but I can give you what you asked for. As much as I would love to send you J.D. and Wolf, both of their wives are about to...pop. Kagato, Garabald and Kieyone are somewhere around Nal Hutta. And if I send you Ferris..well then yeah, you know how that's gonna go. So you get Canthas. I'll be sending two others of my most trusted people with him along with a small fleet to be placed under your command. Will that work?"
"Yes that will. Wait can I get some cooking lessons for Shiromy in that too. Being Emperor and all I just don't have time to cook."
"Tell you what Floaty, You ask the chef while I get that fleet for you."
"Floaty?" Vince asked, but Mako had already walked away from the holo field.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:33 pm

"The executors are more than just intel agents." Mryna explained, as she walked Silk through the hallways deeper into the imperial palace. "We are instruments of the Emperor's will. We enforce the law but are not bound by it. We operate there, where those bound by the law can't go. We are always present yet remain unseen."
"Like some sort of shadow order?"

"So to say." Mryna said solemnly. "The executors were founded when the 'normal' ESS intel agents found themselves in a situation where the law they defended and protected prevented them from achieving their goals. Laws are made to keep the common public from killing each other, yet certain tasks of a greater importance require operations outside these boundaries."

"I see."

They reached a large door and stopped. The Crimson wings showed numerous symbols and ornaments.
"I mentioned a choice you would have to make." Mryna said. "Now is the time for you to choose. Once you step through this door there is no turning back."
"What will await me in there?" Silk frowned.
"A new life." Mryna said and offered him a warm smile. "When you enter this room you will leave it either as one of us or not at all."

As the wings swung open, the door opened the way into a large circular chanber. Dim red lights lit the walls while a single white cone of light illuminated the center of the chamber.

Silk hesitated for a moment. "What happens if I choose not to enter?"
"Then we'll let you go." Mryna explained. "You won't remember that we ever met, but you'll be free to go ... if that is what you want. But remember: You can only choose once."

Stepping forward Mryna slowly walked into the room. Halting in the very center she turned around and focussed him.

"Executors are not hired, casted nor trained. They are chosen. A special group of gifted individuals with the skills, the strength and the resolve to do what is necessary. Are you ready to do what is necessary, Jack?"

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:37 am

The Jango, Jaster, Boba and the rest of a large Mandalorian fleet came out of hyperspace over Mon Calamari. They faced an impressive fleet of Calamari cruisers. Swarms of fighters poured out of starship hangars. Turbolaser fire was exchanged. The battle had begun. The Mon Cal feet was almost evenly matched to the mighty Mando force. Almost evenly matched.

High Commander Lanarik Tyvis, aboard the Jango, was skillfully directing the battle. Tyvis was one of the few surviving Mandalorian high commanders. He was one of the few men Malzic still trusted at all. At the moment, he was wondering why the Mon Cal were withdrawing. They were almost matching his fleet blow-for-blow.
Without warning, a great beam of light struck one of the foremost Mando cruisers. It exploded instantly.
"What the? All forces fall back to sector G-7! looks like they have an underwater superlaser emplacement down there, because it didn't show up on our intel scans. I want four squads in stealth transports down there immediately!"
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Captain Wen Bristar looked at his squad-mates.
"Check your gear, then your buddy's."
"Affirmative, sir."
The Mandalorian commandos were wearing a modified version of Mandalorian armor, designed for underwater operations. Wrist rockets were replaced with wrist torpedoes. Jet packs replaced with propulsion packs. They carried sonic rifles instead of blasters. The "helmet" still had the T-visor shape, but was more of a mask that went over a skintight body glove that covered every part of their bodies except their faces. There were two air tubes on the lower corners of the mask. There was significantly less armor on the aquatic version of the Mandalorian armor, but none of Bristar's squad cared, and neither did he.
"Check your helmet seals, then your buddy's we don't want a repeat of what happened to Private Syl on Atlara III."
There was a dull sploosh-thud. The pilot's voice came on the intercom. "We've successfully submerged. Decloak in two standard minutes."
The ship went dark, save for a red light. The squad was silent.
"Decloaking."
The red light went green and the doors opened.
"Go go go!"
The squad got out. The other squads were already heading towards their destination.
"Incoming!" shouted one of Bristar's men.
Bristar saw them, almost too late. Several Mon Calamari on underwater mounts whose species Bristar was unfamiliar with charged the squad. One opened its surprisingly large mouth and grabbed the Mandalorian it was charging at. He screamed in surprise and terror before being swallowed whole. Bristar fired his rifle and hit the Mon Calamari rider and his mount. He activated his wrist torpedo launcher and waited for the target lock to show up on four of the nearest Mon Cal.
SHOOF!
The wrist torpedoes hit their mark. Bristar's squad was already finishing off the rest.
He waved to them and indicated a direction. "The approximated location is this way."
They didn't need to be told that. Their HUDs produced an arrow and distance counter to indicate it.

A dark shape appeared in the distance. It grew clearer as his men got closer. Soon he could clearly tell it was a small installation.
"There it is. Squad One, take out those incoming Mon Cal. Squad Two, deal with those turrets, my squad, let's go in for the kill. Oya!"
The generator wasn't shielded or armored. The Mon Calamari probably didn't think anyone would try to attack it from underwater.
"Charges placed, sir," aid a commando kneeling on one knee, giving Bristar the thumb's up.
Bristar said, "Good, let's get out of here." The superlaser emplacement exploded well behind them.
"Sir, we've lost contact with Squad One."
"What? How?"
"I'm not sure, last I heard they were under att-AHHH!"
"Sargent Fyrnak, come in, repeat come in!'
No answer.
Bristar caught something out of the corner of his eye. He turned around. The lightsaber took his head off before he could do as much as swear in surprise.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"Mykrul project?" Xiana asked.
"Yes," said Vince. "It was our Particle Annihilator warhead project. A convoy carrying some of the prototypes was intercepted by Malzic. You wouldn't believe me if i told you I heard it from the Bantha's mouth."
"Actually, I would. Mandalorians wouldn't avoid war, especially the conservative ones like him who beat you over the head with their 'traditional values.'"
"That's how this mess started," Vince said. "You probably knew most of that, but I thought I'd give you the full explanation. So much for classified material, right?" he said with a little smile. "Now, I've heard about the coup on Mandalore, but I'd like to hear your story."
Xiana sighed. "Okay. Here goes. When the Mandalorian fleet regrouped over Kor'hekk, there was an explosion on the bridge of our command ship, the Jango. High Commander Kal Omara was killed. It was also supposed to kill our supreme commander, D'Arman Karvic. It failed at that, but Malzic had a plan B. He blamed Karvic for the assasination of Omara, claiming he tried to make it look like Omara had tried to kill him. You see, Omara and Karvic were always rivals. Karvic's hasty appointment to supreme commander didn't make matters any better, but they would never have even thought about killing each other. Karvic escaped before he could be captured and Malzic was appointed supreme commander."
"Excuse me," said Vince "My sources have informed me that the Mandalore has recently been...acquired by your rebels. It seems they have also been reunited with this Karvic."
Xiana tried to tone down her excitement. "That's great news. Your intel is great," then said sarcastically with a smile "although I doubt I'll ever use the 'fresher without checking for bugs or hidden cameras again."
Vince chuckled politely. "Please continue."
"Yes. Right. I doubt I need to tell you about the actual takeover. You probably saw the holovids and know as much as I do, so I'll skip to what happened after that. My wing wasn't thrilled with our new emperor. None of us had ever liked or trusted him. We eventually crafted a plan to steal the Jango's sister ship, the Boba. I won't go into detail, just to tell you it was a crazy scheme that barely worked. We managed to get a few other frigates and corvettes to join us. We agreed meet up with High Commander Rozik's force, which was also against Malzic. And now here we are."
"Yes. That reminds me, you were interested in an alliance?"
"Yes. The enemy of your enemy is your friend."
"Oh, I'm all for it, just one thing," asked Vince "What do I get in return?"
Wielder of The Spatula

Drake26
Lieutenant JG
Bounty Hunter

Post by Drake26 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:53 am

David settled back into his chair as a man appeared in holo before him.
"Hello Vince," then he looked at the Mandolorian in the background, "and you must be Xiana Fett. Pleased to meet you."
"How did you know my name?"
"You'll find that I am very well informed. However, the low number of female Mandolorians who might be meeting with Emperor Trageton didn't make it difficult to figure it out." He turned back to Vince, "Now, you tried to contact me earlier?"
"Yes, I was wondering if you might be up for helping force a Mandolorian regime change."
David smiled, "I'm glade you asked. You see, I'm in a bit of a predicament. I'm in the midst of taking all of the Wolves legitimate assets and turning them into a government, the Empire of the Wolf, which is where I was when you called, by the way. The Mandolorain activity is starting the damage and endanger some of my less savory assets, but I can't more to protect them without revealing that they're there, and I need to stay as clean as possible for now to build treaties and alliances. What this means for you is that, if the ESS agrees the be our first official ally, you can get my help for no additional cost. What you get is the chunk of my fleet not busy with empire building, a prince in need of some fleet command training, access to my considerable intelligence network, and the severe pruning of the Mandolorian network. What do you say?
////////////////////////---------------------------------------------------\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Realizing the importance of this decision, Jack settled back to think. As he did so, he started to play with his knives. It was a habit he had picked up, and allowed himself to keep upon realizing he thought better if he did something with his hands. Besides, he loved the effect that seeing a man toss, flip, spin, juggles, and otherwise play with 12 knives at once without seeming to pay any attention at all to what he was doing had on people. He considered the opportunity before him. The negatives are that I'll have constant obligations to someone, maybe several someones, and I wont be able to run away from my mistakes. But the positives are that I wont have too. There will be people to watch my back, people who'll make sure theres food on the table and money to fix the Dawn even when the job goes wrong. I'll be able to have a stabler life, and still get to go have fun. Looks like a good deal to me. He cracked a grin as he put away the knives, then winked an Mryna as he strode across the threshold. Even better, maybe I'll get inside her pants! He moved to stand in front of her. "I accept, now what?"
Proud owner of the Almighty Frying Pan of Hugeness (Doom) or AFPoH(D)

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:09 pm

"Gladly!" Vince answered and offered Rain a polite smile. "An alliance between our both reigns will surely be beneficial for both of us."
"It's settled then." Rain agreed. "I suggest we discuss the details later, I assume I was interrupting you."
"Not a problem." Vince said as the holo began to fade. "I call you back."

"That is quite an impressive network you have established." Fett commented. "Although I'm suprised they're so willing to help you."
"We share a common history." Vince said with a smile. "By attacking Nal Hutta Malzic has stepped on the toes of some very powerful and influencial people. We are lucky they agreed to aid the ESS in this situation. Had they decided to take matters into their own hands, soon there wouldn't be much left of the Mandalorian Empire."
"I see." Fett said thoughtfully and regarded the holo projector for a moment. "So what are your demands?"

"'Demands' is such a negative word." Vince frowned. "You see, the thing is that Mandalore has officially declared war to my Empire, which forces us into a position where we have to - and will - defend ourselves with any means necessary."
"I understand." Fett said.
"If we come to a conclusion, I will make sure this war is over soon. Once this is done," Vince made a break and focussed her "Malzic's fleet will be disbanded and split between your forces and mine. Furthermore Fifty percent of mandalorian terrtory as well as the worlds that were conquered since Malzic's takeover will come unter the protection and government of the Empire of the Seven Suns, The Empire of the Wolves and the Kaos Empire, the detailed segmentation will elaborated at a later point."

"That is your price for helping us?" Fett questioned, slightly pale.
"No," Vince said. "The ESS will aide you against Malzic in any case, since we are at war with him anyway. These conditions I stated will do as a motivation for me to leave something over that's worth governing."
Fett swallowed hard. "Are you serious?!?"
"Commander Fett, I have fought many wars against various opponents in my life. The most recent one ended with my enemies being all but extinct. You can therefore be assured I am serious."

That revelation left the mandalorian speechless for a moment and she stared into the void. Had she known what she had bargained for coming to him? Maybe, maybe not. Eventually he laid a comforting hand on her shoulder.
As she faced him again the darkness was gone from his face. His expression was warm and comforting as he offered her a father's smile.
"Do not fear, Commander." He said with a warm and comforting voice. "With my help we can end this war quickly. It will be the best for your people."
She nodded wordlessly as his gaze pierced her eyes.
"Do we have an agreement?"

/////////////////////

"I accept. What now?"
Mryna smiled as he joined he in the center of the room.
"Well normally there'll be a grand initiation ceremony with lots of chants, vows and all sorts of mysterious fuss." She grinned. "But as of right now, all other executors are out on missions and just like myself I imagine you can do pretty well without such ceremonial fuss. So let's just get right down to business."
Entering a code on a nearby control panel the center platform began to sink into the ground. The elevator took them down into a brightly lit chamber.

Stepping off the elevator she waved him over and pointed at a device next to her. "Place your hands in there!" She directed him.
Silk mustered the device with a cautious frown. "What does that thing do?"
"Remove your identity." She explained. "It will slightly alter the skin of your finger tips so that you won't leave any finger prints."
Slightly hesitating Silk placed his hands in the device. As they were in position a pair of cuffs locked around them to hold them in place. A green light ran over the palms and scanned the texture.
"This might itch a little."
A flash of light struck out of the device, as the charge ran over his palms and vaporized the upmost layer of skin. Silk gritted his teeth and did his best to supress a yip. As the procedure was done the locks opened and he pulled his steaming hands out of the device. Mryna smiled, as she watched him gaze at his palms with a mixture of pain and fascination - like a child that had touched a hot plate for the first time.
"You ... could've warned me!" He said, waving his hands around to let the air cool them.
"I did." Mryna said with a simple shrug.

Silk proceeded to look around the room. His gaze fell on a rack filled with neural chips and other implants. "You're not gonna stick those computer chips into my head, are you?"
Mryna giggled. "Those are optional. Most Executors choose to get one or the other after a while. They come in handy."
Silk rose a brow to that remark. "What are they good for?"
"Well" Mryna smiled, as she knew she had his interest. "They enable you with various feats. Some are use for communication or remote control of your ship, some feature technology such as EMP waves or life support."
Silk frowned once again. "Geeze, what became of the good old utility belt?"
Mryna gave him a smug grin. "Ever tried that wearing a delicate evening dress?"
Silk grinned. "Well, I never got to wear an evening dress, but I see your point."

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Fett sighed. Figures. We'll be one step forward and two steps bace when the smoke clears. Still, the ESS are more than extremely powerful allies. Trageton isn' lying when he says he can end this war quixkly. She sighed again. We were never meant to rule the galaxy. This isn't even what Boba Fett would have wanted.
"Well?" asked Vince.
"I accept. We were never meant to conquer the galaxy. It's where Malzic was wrong. It's not an easy choice, but this alliance will ensure the survival of my people."
"I'm glad you see it that way," Vince said with a genuine smile.
"Just one question, will we be allowed to keep our flagship, Mandalore?
Vince chuckled. "Certainly!"
"That's reassuring. I realize that what you are doing is an act of mercy. You could still easily win without us, and then every Mandalorian would be saluting the ESS flag, provided there would be any left. I understand your capabilities."
"Well then, just sign here." He gave her a document. Fett read it. It listed all the conditions he had gone over. She paused for a moment, then signed. They shook hands.
"Thank you for your time, Your Majesty." She bowed.
"A pleasure, Commander."

Vince saw her off to a landing pad where Rozik was waiting with a corvette, the Falcon's Eye.
Looking back on New Cophruan, she thought of the consequences of her action. It wasn't the easy choice, but it was the right one for her people. For the galaxy. For everyone.
Wielder of The Spatula

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:13 pm

While Vince watched the Corvette take off Ray approached him from one of the corridors.
"A large Mandalorian fleet has besieged Mon Calamari. It's all over the holonet."
Vince activated the holo projector and called up a life feed from Mon Calamari. The battle was pretty furious with large fleets on both sides.
"Two mandalorian Dreadnaughts." Vince appreciated.
"The Jango and the Boba." Ray commented. "Malzic's flagships."
"Malzic must want that planet pretty damn badly."
"The locals are offering pretty heavy resistance," Ray said. "but I'm not sure they'll last against that force."
"Mon Calamari..." Vince repeated ponderously. "That's New Republic territory, isn't it?"
"True." Ray agreed. "But I doubt the NR will grant the amnesty after they besiege one of their worlds."
"Hmm." Vince made and delibered for a moment. Then he nodded. "Relay the information to Fett, then take your battlegroup and head for Mon Calamari. Have Revan group stand by outside the system."
"You think it's a ruse?" Ray frowned.
"Not necessarily," Vince shrugged. "But I prefer being prepared for one."
Ray nodded and was already about to leave when Vince held him back. "And Ray..."
"Yes?"
"I want one of those Dreadnaughts!"

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:44 am

"Sir," the Subjugator's communication officer called across the bridge, "we've received new orders from command. The Mandalorians are attacking Mon Calamari."
Pitto froze momentarily. The ever increasing ease between the Empire and the New Republic had lead to several backroom deals in the wake of the Mandalorian onslaught. In short, each side had agreed to support each other where the Mandalorians were concerned, assuring each other that they would assist should any respective territory be attacked. Though Pitto had been outraged when he first heard of it, he had cooled off only with the notion that this would only apply to small skirmishes near the borders of Imperial and Republic space. But an assault on the Republic's one time capital, the world home to one of the largest warship manufactuers in the galaxy would require a massive invasion force. Last Intelligence reports had suggested the world had no fewer than three MC90 battlecruisers in defensive orbit, with a further two under construction.
"Have the Republic requested our assistance?" Pitto asked warily
"Yes, sir," came the reply, "they say that due to Mon Calamari's relative proximity to the Empire, and the nature of the agreements that we should send some forces to assist them against a common enemy. Command agrees, I'm afraid. They say your the commander in the best position to go, especially as the Proditus is nearly finished."
Pitto let out a long, slow sigh. Not only was he going to have to fight alongside his enemy of nearly two decades, it was to be against a race of savages who at present posed no threat to his Empire. If this was the way diplomacy with the Rebels was leaning, then how long before the Empire became some province of the Greater Republic, a small self-governed territory in a massive democratic mess with no real power over its future?
"Very well," he said at last with a tone of finality, "assemble the task group, have Gyttel and Akkare meet me on the Proditus. Alert all commands, battlestations. And get me a shuttle to the Proditus!"

Ninety minutes later, the fleet had been assembled, and was travelling through the twisting blue 'tunnel' of hyperspace. The Proditus had been rushed out of dock. The rear screening laser cannons were offline, one of the flak pods was still incomplete and the only half of the backup shield generators were functioning. A thick armour plate covering the unfinished superstructure of the ruined bow was giving helm some troubles with manoeuvring, but nonetheless, she was still a formiddable fighting starship. Despite her current, damaged, state, the refit had given her a dozen new turbolasers and a bank of large ion cannons whose combined firepower was equal to that of the famous v-150 planet defender; a single volley was enough to knock out a Star Destroyer for a good few minutes, more than enough time for the turbolasers to rip it to shreds. A pair of twin mass drivers ran along the underside of the ship's elegant flanks, and though their firing arc and ammunition were both limited, simulations showed their effect in the opening stages of battle far outweighed the limitations. The accelerators could fire out a slug nearly as large as a fighter at speeds only a couple of orders of magnitude short of the speed of light, and their destructive capabilty on vulnerable areas, shielded or unshielded, was unrivalled.
Pitto reviewed all this as the helm control made ready to revert to realspace, but none of it made him feel any more comfortable. The Mandalorians were notorious for using unorthodox weaponry, and he had a suspicion that mass drivers would be making a significant appearance. He had heard tales of Mandalorian incendiaries, that cooked a ship from the inside out, knocking it out of action even before it was destroyed, as the crew worked frantically and futiley to quench the flames. What was worse was the knowledge he was to be defending a planet he had once planned to conquer, fighting for a people that his leaders had once enslaved. Pitto suspected there would be treachery afoot before the day was ended, but from whose side he simply could not say.

The blaring of the ship's red alert klaxon sounded, and Pitto looked up. With perfect precision, the fleet dropped out of hyperspace in formation.
"Starfighter command, deploy Alpha squadron and have them maintain a defensive holding pattern, and have Gamma squadron on standby for immediate launch. Tactical, I want a report on the situation and a map up on the holoscreen. Shields up, load mass drivers."
The bridge suddenly became frantically active as crewman went about their duties. The area around Mon Calamari was a mess, Republic vessels were engaging the Mandalorians all over the place, evidently the battle had gone on long enough for formation tactics to be thrown out the window. Nearest to the Proditus and her group was a small Mandalorian attack group, a pair of cruisers and escorting frigates. Sensors were detecting fighters in the immediate area, but for now they were the concern of starfighter command. Pitto ordered his group to move in to attack, and the Proditus swung round to face their new opponents. By chance, she lined up perfectly with a frigate that was currently harassing a flight of Republic X-Wings. A moment later, the order was given and the mass driver cannons fired a single salvo. One of the slugs missed, spooking one of the X-Wing pilots as it flew past. The other three rounds all found their target, splitting the frigate in half and destroying it.
further. For the moment, I don't think the main group's noticed us, but that's not going to last. We need to be quick. Have the Plague and the Pestilence see what they can do with some of those frigate escorts, I don't want to risk deploying fighters until they're dealt with."
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:06 am

"What the? Sir incoming fleet on an attack vector!" said the startled sensors officer.
Tyvis was startled, but tried to remain sounding in control. "Imperials? What are doing here. Well, that throws a hydrospanner in the works. Have Boba's half engage the Empire. We'll make them think twice about getting their noses into our affairs the next time."
"Sir," an officer said. "Those TIE Defenders are keeping our fighters tied up. Our bomber squadrons report coming under heavy fire, because they have no fighter support."
"We'll have to make do with what we can." He then grinned. "Since the Imperials decided to join the fight, how about we show them our new toy? Fire a Particle Annihilator warhead at the center of the Imperial fleet....NOW!'
The warhead sped off. The bridge silently hoped. The hope was crushed in an instant when the warhead was shot down.
"Well, that was a little...dissapointing. So much for 'new and improved', eh? Time to prove yourselves in true combat, Mando'ade"
"Sir! Another fleet's just dropped out behind us! It's being led by the Mandalore!"
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Xiana looked at the combined Mandalorian rebel and Viper fleet. Vorak had agreed to help when he was informed of the chance to take a dreadnaught as his own. D'Arman was onboard the Mandalore, but Xiana was who would really be controlling the battle.
She said to her wing, "All squadrons report in."
"Warhammer Squadron standing by."
"Battleaxe Squadron standing by."
"Longsword Squadron standing by."
Xiana spoke, "All squadrons ready. Let's clear up the fighters so the Imps can take care of the bombers."
"Roger," said Two.
Xiana commed the Mandalore. "Mandalore, fire the magnapulse cannon at the center of the Boba force. That'll give those ISD's the chance they need to hit 'em where it hurts." Then she said to her squadron, "This is where the fun begins. Oya!"
Last edited by squarehead93 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wielder of The Spatula

Drake26
Lieutenant JG
Bounty Hunter

Post by Drake26 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:31 am

David looked up as Shawn walked into his office, then smiled at him. "Sit down. I hate to be brief with you, but I'm really busy. However, this is important, and your like a son to me, so I'll give you as much time as you need. Heres what so important. I'm making you my heir, you're the Crown Prince now."
Shawn's eyes got huge and his jaw dropped. "Are you serious?"
"Do you think this is something I'd joke about? Honestly, I'm almost surprised you didn't guess beforehand. Like I said, you're like a son to me, I've raised, trained you, and I trust you. You're intelligent, capable, and I know you will be a excellent ruler when the time comes. Which is why you are the Crown Prince, so get used to it. There are a couple other things you'll have to get used too. The first is the pack of Wolfguards out there assigned to protect you. From now on, you'll always have a squad in the vicinity. And I know consider yourself dangerous and don't need protecting, heres the thing, I have a pack of Wolfguards following me around too. It makes me feel ridiculous, and I bet if you made a list of the deadliest people in the galaxy, I'd be near the top, but I keep them around anyway. Second, fleet command. Crown Princes don't get to go on boarding parties, no matter how much they like them, so I'm not only forcing you to take the rank you deserve, but the rank above it. You're a commodore now."
"I don't know anything about fleet command. Or being a prince for that matter."
"You know more that you're willing to admit. Face it, at the times where you've been forced to take command, you've done well. Why do you think they let you take command? They know you're capable, and you have that leadership aura around you. Also, I already have plans to rectify your deficiencies in those areas."
David reached below his desk and pulled out and old fashioned dueling revolver and set it on the desk. "This is James. Hes a very capable gun, having infinite ammo and being able to punch through light vehicle armor, but hes much more then that. The spirit housed in this gun is that of a lord from a steam tech planet. He has made several rounds about the galaxy as an antique relic, and knows all there is to know about being whatever type of nobility you wish. He'll come to hand when called and can speak to you over a rather large distance. He's also a friend, so take good care of him."
He handed Shawn the gun and a folder. "Those are your orders. You are to take the Excalibur taskforce and the interdictors Charon's Claw, Titan's Grip, and Spectral Web and head to Mon Calamari. A Mandolorian fleet is engaged with the New Republic forces there, and an Imperial fleet has shown up to aid them. I expect the ESS to make an appearance soon as well. Your job will be to keep the Mandolorians from fleeing. They don't like to run from a fight, but they also know when to cut their losses, and when they become as outnumbered as I think they will soon be, I expect them to try and run. Your primary job is to prevent that. You secodary jod is to watch the other commanders to pick up anything you can. The Mon Cal trained under Ackbar and knows his stuff, the Mandolorians were raised on this sort of thing and will be quite capable, I'm 65% sure the the Imperial is Admiral Pitto, who is a master at his craft, and I can guarantee whoever the ESS sends will be no slouch either, so pay attention. Now, any questions on any of this, becoming a prince included?"
"Yes, but I'd like to think about them for a bit first."
"Good, now get to Mon Calamari ASAP. I already sent Marche and the Unrelenting on to the ESS, but the rest of the fleet is ready to go and waiting for you."

Slightly over an hour later the Excalibur, Atlas, Prometheus, 16 Imperial Star Destroyers, and 3 Interdictors showed up above Mon Calamari and began to spread out to cover the exit vectors.
/////////////////////////////////--------------------------------------------------------------------\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Jack went over to examine the labels on the implant chips. He holds up the Night Visor chip. "Could this be modified to display thinks like text and images?"
"Probably."
Holds up a thought to text implant. "And this to give commands to a computer interface?"
"I don't see why not. What are you getting at here?"
"Well, it seems to me that several of these implants combined could be used to create a virtual computer interface in my head. This thing for control, that for visuals, throw in an audio booster chip for sound, and some computer guts. It could be used for hacking, information storage, and even to relieve boredom. Add a sub-vocal mike and a com relay and I could link it to Harmony. She could analyze my surroundings and feed me info. It be like having a tactical display hooked up to a supercomputer. Wouldn't that be awesome?"
"I suppose that could work. By the way, whose Harmony?"
He hopped up and down like a ked getting a new toy. "Shes the AI that runs my ship, and shes really smart. This is going to be mega cool! When can I get it?"
Last edited by Drake26 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:59 am

Canthas paced the rebuilt bridge of the Achilles as it sped through hyperspace. Gone were the visible battle scars of Malachor, but even still they could be felt. Much of the original crew had been replaced, good friends lost at the battle, all in the service of keeping the galaxy safe. Now once again they were being asked to help keep the galaxy in balance. Canthas figured some one had to keep the peace out here while the Boss man dealt with taming the worlds of the old sith empire, it might as well be him. Though he'd have preferred being on the Jade Hawk, Mako had highly suggested that it be used for backup. Canthas couldn't complain though he had his own cruiser as well as three others just like it, the Transcendence, Tenchi, and Akuma, two Miran II class carriers the Miran's Star and the Soulrider, and two Imperator II SDs the Kilrage and Soul Slayer. No he couldn't complain at all. The flashing alert caught his eye, warning him that the small fleet would be arriving at New Cophuran. Within moments the eight cruisers reverted back to real space. Opening up a channel to the palace Canthas got through to Emperor Trageton. "Greeting your majesty," Canthas gave a slight bow to Vince's holo image. "I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting I am Canthas Herran sent by Mako to lend you whatever assistance you may need."
Vince snorted at that. "Running rather late aren't you?"
"If you're referring to the minor dispute taking place over Mon Calamari, then no. Mako had already advised me that you as well as everyone else would jump at the first brush fire the Mandos would start, so I came here instead. I figured why go piddle on a flame that's already being hosed down with water, when we can create some infernos of our own."
Vince smiled at that. There was some thing about this Canthas he liked though he couldn't tell just what it was. "I take it you have some targets in mind?"
Canthas let a slight smile play across is lips. "It's been said that the best place to strike the fear of chaos is in the heart. We'll be leaving as soon as we're done making a special delivery."
"A delivery?" Vince was confused by this.
"Yes along with a message." Canthas picked up the datapad that was next to the counsel. "It reads 'Tell Sir Ladyblades I'm tired of carrying his dead weight around so I'm giving it back and be glad he's a friend otherwise I'd charge him med lab fees for keeping him so well preserved not to mention I had to keep the meds from trying to do mouth to mouth because he looked so blue." Canthas gave Vince a puzzled look. "Do you have any Idea what that means?"
Vince rubbed the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger. "I'm going to kill him."
"Canthas cleared his throat. "Are there any special orders you would like fulfilled."
"Orders?"
"You know, weapons, ships, planets,entire star system? Tell you what we'll bring back a surprise souvenir."
An hour later after Vince's body was delivered to the royal palace Canthas sent a final transmission to the Emperor. "If there's anything you need, you have our number." Cutting the transmission Canthas gave the signal and the eight cruisers jumped out of system.

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:02 pm

Ross Blackmoon looked the two K-Wings he was supposed to be covering. He was commanding Ranger squadron, a crack team of E-Wing pilots currently assigned to escorting Tan Squadron.
Sevral Mando fighters came up from behind. Tan Three, Blackmoon's left-hand wingmate, said frantically, "I can't shake him!"
"Hold on, Three."
The reticle beeped and Blackmoon fired on the Mando fighter, which exploded instantly.
"Thanks. That was too close."
Tan squadron was having a hard enough time as it is trying to avoid the Jaster's guns. The Mandalorian interceptors were making this an exciting task for the E-Wings and a scary one for the K-Wings.
"C'mon, Tans, let's get that shield down!"

Blackmoon's J-63 Firerewasp Interceptor was like a lightsaber to him. Just like the Jedi weapon of choice, it was a precision instrument. He pitied the E-Wing pilots. And there were a lot of New Republic filers who envied the E-Wings. He skillfully tore through the Mando fighters. He was in the zone right now. He loved flying. It was a state of pure joy for him.
The moment was killed when Tan leader reported. "Sir, the main shields are down. We're focusing on the main engines now."
BZEW! A lazer bold flew over Blackmoon's cockpit. Vorak's voice came on the comm. "Hey, buddy, we're here to help, just don't beat up our prize too much."
"Damn advantage-taking pirates! Fine. She's all yours. I'll order Tan group off the engines. At least you're on our side. "
"Glad you see it that way."
Wielder of The Spatula

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:40 am

Canthas smiled as his fleet came out of hyperspace just outside of Ordo's orbit right in the middle of the force that was guarding the planet. It looked as if the old saying still held true, 'The more one tries to conquer the weaker their core becomes', and Canthas' group had caught these nine cruisers with fighter support with their pants down.

Within moments the gattling turbo lasers of the four Achilles class cruisers had ripped through four of the Mando cruisers effectively splitting the defense force in half. At which point Canthas' group separated pushing the Ordo defenses even further apart, taking down another two cruisers in the process. Each of the Miran II spewed forth drone fighters to help the ISD IIs harass the remaining cruisers, while displaying the beauty of their design. True the Miran II was a carrier but it also served as a picket ship with point defense systems that allowed it to take on several squadrons at once while intercepting incoming warheads. Canthas watched with glee as the mando fighters were slaughtered by what they had thought would be an easy kill. When all but a few of the mando fighters had been destroyed Canthas flipped a comm switch on his command chair. "Myax, your clear."
"Roger that." replied a gruff voice from the other end.

Seconds later Canthas saw the engine glow of four fighter squadrons made up of Shadow Ravens, Pathers, and the new Raptors as they left the launch bays. Banking hard they went to deal with the rest of the Mando fighters. Before long there was nothing left but a large amount of scrap and two Mando fighters trying to make a break for it. Myax and his squadron were right on their heels. Canthas once again opened a channel again to Myax's fighter. "Tell me how many does it take to send a message?"
Canthas was answered with one of the fighters turning into a blossom of fiery orange and red before Myax and the other squadrons under him entered hyperspace. Gathering his fleet together Canthas gave the order and the eight cruisers under his command entered hyperspace along a different route than the fighters did.

Drake26
Lieutenant JG
Bounty Hunter

Post by Drake26 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:43 am

A man sitting in a bar looked down at his chrono as it started to beep, silenced it, then got up to walk across the bar. All across the outer rim, similar chronos were beeping, and they were all telling their wearer the same thing. Time to kill. The man reached his target, and tapped him on the shoulder. The target started to turn, then had just half a second for his eyes to widen when a blaster was jammed into his left eye socket before it blow the back of his head off. The man tipped the bartender on the way out, then went to collect his pay. Similar events were unfolding across the outer rim, and, within minutes, the Mandolorian intelligence network went from fully functional to blind. In his office, David Rain's chono had also started beeping, and he spared a few moments to imagine the look on Malzic's face when he found out what had just happened, before getting back to work.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Unrelenting and its task force of 4 star destroyers, 8 Furys and two squadrons of Lance-class gunships dropped out of hyperspace above New Cophuran and opened a comm channel. "This is Commander Marche aboard the Unrelenting of the Empire of the Wolf, now on lease to the Empire of Seven Suns, reporting for duty."
Last edited by Drake26 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:52 pm

"Let'sh shee..." Mryna murmured, sucking on a pen while she browsed through her calendar. They had moved from the initiation chamber to her office, a spacey room with a large panoramic window overlooking the city far below. "The modifications may take a few days, so I'd get you a surgery date at the start of next week. You should also consider half a day for recovery."
"Hmmm," Silk made. "Guess I'll have to wait then."
Mryna grinned as she entered the data. "Don't worry, I've got plenty of things to keep you entertained. Skipping the initiation ceremony doesn't prevent us from doing the paper work. I've reserved a suite for you, where you can recover between your missions. I've also made an appointment for you with our ERO."
"Our What?" Silk swallowed hard.
"Equipment Requisitions Officer." Mryna explained.
"I need an appointment to get equipment?" Silk frowned.
"For the first time, yes. Each Executor has different traits, skills and requirements, therefore it takes some consulting and individual adjustments to find and tailor your personal gear and equipment. I suggest you go see him after you've made yourself acquainted with your new home." She handed him a datapad. "Welcome to the family."

///////////////

"Urgent message from the Emperor, Sir!" Ray frowned as the comm officer approached him. The Red Star II was about to fold into the Mon Calamari System. Her fleet would follow suite.
"Patch him to my office!" He ordered and made his way to the Bridge's backroom, where the holo was already lighting up. It was Vince indeed.
"Change of plans." He said, after Ray had closed the door and approached the holo table.
"How so?" Ray frowned.
"I just watched a live feed from Mon Calamari." The holographic figure explained. "By now The Empire as well as Fett's forces have shown up on stage and giving the Mano's a serious beating. And while Rain has already sent us ships, I'm sure he'll want a stake in this battle, too. Us showing up there with a full battlegroup will be a waste of time and resources."
Ray nodded. That sounded sensible indeed. As Vince made a slight guesture the holograms of the other supreme commanders appeared.
"Report!" Vince demanded.

"Battlegroup Red Star II is standing by." Ray announced.
"Battlegroup Traquia is stationed throughout the ESS." stated George Blexton. "All systems are covered. Nothing gets past us."
"Battlegroup Dominance is standing by and ready." Sara Phaley announced.
"Battlegroup Purifyer is standing ready." reported Dharvis Khoren.
"Battlegroup Paladin is watching over the UP borders." reported Niribeth Karner.

"My friends," Vince finally addressed the group. "I have promised Commander Fett that I would end this war quickly. And I stand to my promises. A large part of the Mandalorian fleet is caught up in a battle above Mon Calamari. A Kaos fleet under Canthas Herran is wreaking havoc across the mandalorian Empire, while Admiral Rhitargo's strike groups keep the Mandos busy at their borders." His gaze wandered across each of the Supreme Commanders, met each pair of eyes. "I intend to take this chance."
Excitement rose in Ray as he imagined what was coming for them - or what they were coming for. Vince was going for the kill. The very moment Ray had always awaited, looked forward since the fall of Dhilon. Now he knew he had made the right choice.
"What will you have us do?" Phaley asked.
"Ray, you'll send Revan group to Mon Calamari. No Mando vessel leaves the system!" Ray nodded. "Rain's ships will take Revan's place."
"Aye!" Ray acknowledged.
Vince's expression darkened. "Today Mandalore will fall."

///////////////

Shiromy stood silently amidst the ruined landscape of Thalas III. The devastated moon had become her training ground since she had become Roscha's apprentice. While her training wasn't entirely finished, her master had given her some 'homework' to excercise her skills, before training would continue. They had left the rocky moon's surface scared and scorched. huge craters marked the landscape, lava boiling at their ground - flesh wounds to the moon. Thus her current exercise was imaginably simple:
First aid.

She started small, closing individual fissures and leveling deformed structures of rock, one at a time. It worked pretty well so far and with a moderate level of concentration. Soon the nearer surroundings looked pretty decent again - for a rocky moon.

'Hey Toots!' She suddenly heard Vince's voice calling to her. 'care for some extra training?'
'What do you think I'm doing here?'
'Terraforming' Vince replied cockily. 'You could leave that to those getting paid for it.'
Shiromy rolled her eyes. 'Well, what do you have for me, Sweetheart?'
'The fall of Mandalore.'
Shiromy rose a brow. 'So soon? I thought you were going to have some fun with them first.'
Vince's voice sounded slightly disappointed. 'Yeah, well, I had to promise not to blow up the planet.'
She grimaced. 'You choice. But then what exactly is my part in this? Stand there and look pretty?'
Vince laughed. 'Erebus is picking you up.'
'Fine, I'm ready.'

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:41 am

Tyvis didn't need to know the situation was grim. The Jaster reported being boarded by pirates. The Boba was badly wounded from the Imperial fleet, and the Mandalorian fighters were being overwhelmed by the combined enemy force. He remembered what Malzic had said. If all else fails, initiate Operation Rusaan.
"Operation Rusaan" was the codename for Malzic's final solution. Berserker wing's bombers had been refitted with tanks filled with water very suitable for organisms to grow in. In the water was a mutation of the deadly Kraytpox virus. Kraytpox was highly transmittable through water and had a high mortality rate. No cures existed and vaccines were rare and expensive. The Mandalorian mutation of the virus made it even more infectious, lethal, and had bypassed all vaccines in the tests. Each Mando bomber had enough of the virus to initially infect a half-thousand square mile area. If Malzic couldn't have Mon Calamari, no one would.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Lieutenant Krys Talmar finished up the system check. "All systems go. Prepare for takeoff," said his copilot, Sargent Derron. They left the Jango's hangar and headed for their target. Talmar had been given the datadisk detailing his mission profile only ten minutes ago. He put it into the computer. A holomap of Mon Calamari appeared, automatically zooming in on a specific region, then a city in that region: Eliss'ya It was a highly populated city. What was more: it was a major interplanetary spaceport on the planet.
Their mission was to spray it with whatever this new bio-weapon was they were carrying like a crop.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"Attention, all enemy forces," Tyvis's voice said. "I have a wing of bombers with orders to infect strategic locations on Mon Calamari. Stand down and surrender the planet to the Mandalorian Empire, or I'll turn the planet into a mass grave. Repeat, stand down!"
Wielder of The Spatula