Open War: A galaxy in flames

to immortalize all those epic battles we fought together...

Re: Open War: A galaxy in flames

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:28 am

When the warhead exploded as it was shot down by the Proditus' point defence lasers, Pitto was shocked at the destructive power the explosion unleashed, but he was not surprised.
"I said we'd be encountering unexpected weapons," he said calmly to Akkare, "I perhaps didn't anticipate them to reveal their hand so early, though. Damage report." He shouted into the crew pit.
"Damage to the bow, sir, no critical damage but it ate through the plating. The bow section's now a lot more vulnerable, and with the damage being so uneven, we're going to have even more issues with manoeuvring."
The news was bad so early in the battle, but it could have been a lot worse. Had Pitto been fighting anyone else, the two Victory Star Destroyers would have been on point just off the bow, and would likely have suffered heavy damage from that weapon.
The Mandalorian cruiser, caught off guard and overwhelmed by superior firepower quickly fell to the Proditus' main batteries, while the frigates were destroyed under the direction of the Subjugator. But even as the fleet re-formed, joined by the remaining Republic forces from the skirmish, a much larger battlegroup approached, Mandalorian fighters swarming around the massive warships.
"Commander Staben," Pitto said to the starfighter command officer, "launch Delta squadron, have them form up with that X-Wing squadron we just rescued and order them to attack those fighters, but that they are to hold close enough to the Star Destroyers to make use of point-defence systems for assistance," Staben began keying in commands even before Pitto was finished, "and launch Spectre Flight, give them discretion to do as they see fit, but not at the cost of lives. Put Cudgel Flight on standby, we may need them if this goes close range. Weapons, ready flak pods and mass drivers. I want a targeting solution on that lead ship, helm bring us about to face them."
There was a general chorus of acknowledgment as the Proditus moved into position, pointed straight at the lead ship, tentatively labelled the Boba by intercepted data bursts. As the Subjugator began exchanging fire with a Mandalorian cruiser, a tongue of red fire briefly lashing out as the Star Destroyer used her experimental proton beam cannon to devastating effect, the Proditus fired another salvo from the mass drivers directly into the Boba, scoring a hit on all counts. The Mandalorian ship lurched as explosions dotted it's surface, but it remained strong and returned fire with its own mass drivers, managing a few hits on both Proditus and the Repressor, which was currently engaging a trio of frigates.
Pitto was looking forward to a simply victory, when he was brought two items of bad news at once. First was the report that a mercenary force larger than his own task group had entered the area, a mercenary force he recognised all too well. The second was the transmission from the desperate Mandalorians.
"Could they be bluffing, sir?" Akkare asked, worriedly. Allegiance aside, Mon Calamari was a large enough shipyard to be worth defending even by former enemies, the hope that it would one day be retaken was simply too great to ignore, despite it being an unlikely event.
"I don't think so," Pitto replied gravely, "bioweapons aren't generally the Mandalorians' style, but these are a different breed of Mandalorian, and they're desperate. Still, it's interesting that they seem to have made an enemy of these mercenaries, now perhaps that enmity extends to -"
Pitto was cut off as the sensor station reported yet another arriving fleet. This time Pitto really was surprised.
"The ESS," he breathed, "You know Akkare, Jedi or not you have this strange ability to make even the unlikeliest of coincidences a regular occurrence." Not only did this new arrival throw the Mandalorians off enough to distract them a few minutes longer, but Pitto was delighted to see the ESS ships move in to attack the Mandalorians. Fortunately, they seemed not to have noticed his group, but Pitto knew that would not last for long.
"Open a channel with the Mandalorians," Pitto said suddenly, "and recall our starfighters. Cease fire!"
"Admiral?" Akkare asked incredulously
"These may be a new kind of Mandalorians, but they are still Mandalorian, and they're a race that history has taught us are easily bent to another's cause, so long as they get enough killing. Let's hope the culture hasn't quite died out yet."
"Channel's open, sir."
"To the Mandalorian commander, this is Admiral Marcus Pitto of the Galactic Empire's 61st Delocalised Task Group, I am here to offer you terms of surrender that I hope will be more appealing than a foolish suicide attack on a world that frankly is beneath you. Agaisnt the forces arrayed against you, I'm sure you will realise there is no hope of victory. But if you submit to the Empire, I will give you the chance to strike back at the enemies that have ruined your plans here, all I ask in return is that you leave the Galactic Empire and the New Republic alone. If it's territory you want, I will help you gain it. We both have much to lose in such a partnership, yes, but I hope you will agree that what we could both gain far outweighs this. These terms are non-negotiable, comply or be destroyed."
"That was.. bold, sir." Akkare said, stunned
"Indeed it was, but hopefully it will work. Now we just wait for a reply."
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:31 pm

Vice Admiral Tyrill Connor smiled as he observed the battle. His task group, led by the WHC Revan had arrived very close to the Mandalorian fleet and had instantly begun its attack. The Revan's Omega arrays tore deep scars into the already damaged flagship designated Boba. The group's trio of Predators had gone into full contact battle with the Mandalorian cruisers, While wolfpacks of Spearhead frigates selectively picked the fleet apart ship by ship creating gaps for bombers to breach through.

On the far side the massive Wolves fleet bombarded the Mandos with devastating broadsides, their Furies delivering a similarly effective job as Connor's Spearheads did. To his right the Mandalorian rebels harassed the fleet just es relentlessly.

Something on their left caught his attention. A large imperial fleet, which Connor recognized from an earlier encounter in the Bermuda Passage, led by a - rather battered looking Vengeance-class battlecruiser.

Sitting there, doing nothing.

With a frown he went over to the sensors station. "Charlie, What's the status of those imperial ships?"
"Waiting, as it seems." The man replied with a frown. "They were fully engaged when we arrived, now they've ceased fire. Even their fighters are pulling back."

"This stinks!" Connor knew it. "I suppose old hostilities don't die easily." Since the incidents on Nar Shaddaa and the following stallmate in the Bermuda Passage the Empire and the ESS weren't on very good terms with each other. Especially since the recent defection of his former Supreme Commander Larcoon and the Empire's failed attempt to snatch the Red Star II both sides held a certain grudge towards each other, only partially subdued by the boiling conflict between the ESS and the Mandalorians. Meanwhile there was no real relation neither friendly or hostile between the Empire and the Mandos. IF this Commander was a smart one he'd seek the enemy of his enemy. Backstabbing bastard.

Walking to the comm chief he said. "Send an encrypted message to Commander Fett and whoever is in charge of that Wolves fleet and tell them to watch their backs, those imps are up to something."

///////////////

A dim flash of light announce the Erebus' arrival as it jumped out of hyperspace near the planet of Mandalore. Fighters were scrambled immediately from the cruisers guarding the Mandalorian homeworld moving on an intercept course.
"Turn around, ESS Erebus!" the ESS royal starship was hailed. "You are not welcome here."
"Negative!" the pilot replied calmly, unimpressed. "We are on a diplomatic mission. Our ambassador requests an audience with Emperor Malzic."
"Leave the system or we will shoot you down."
"Is that a threat?"
"It damn well is. Now get lost."
"Alright, the hard way then."
"Wha-"
The mandalorian flight leader was cut off as his fighter suddenly exploded, as did the rest of his wing. Unnaturally massive shockwaves spread from the explosions. Fighters that were hit by the shockwaves were smashed like flies on a wall. As the shockwave reached a number of Mando cruisers it slammed against their hulls like a mace against cardboard. The multiple ensueing breaches vented flames and atmosphere into space and left them drifting disabled in space.

Aboard the Erebus Shiromy watched as the cruisers drifted past her view. For a moment she considered pushing them into the planet's atmosphere. Each cruiser by itself would result in a cataclysmic impact obliterating a major part of the surface for centuries to come.

When the broadcast channel was open, she stepped into the holo circle. Surrounding herself with an aura of energy she spoke with a bone chilling voice.

"Mandalore! I come to you to offer you this one chance of surrender. Stand down all your forces and offer your unconditional surrender to the Empire of the Seven Suns and your lives will be spared."

While she spoke space behind the Erebus lit up brightly, as - slowly, stepwise - the ships of battlegroup Purifyer emerged from hyperspace.

///////////////

Vince gasped for air as he sensed the distant surge of power. Standing on the balcony of his throneroom he gazed into the void.
That power... he had last felt it months ago, during Shiromy's training with Roscha. At that point it had been her letting go of her anger, fear and frustration.
An uncontrolled burst of emotion resulting in a cataclysmic blastwave that echoed across the galaxy.

This time it was different.

Controlled.
Emotionless.
Cold.

///////////////

Mryna read the success reports from Rain's cleansing activities and found herself letting out a low whistle. That man surely did his job thoroughly.
"Perfect control of your surrounding." She eventually said and looked up at Silk who had appeared in front of her desk. While she had noticed his silent approach the moment he had snuck into her office, most other people would now have had the shock of their lives.
"That's why I'm here now, ain't it?" Silk replied with a smug grin.
"We'll see." Mryna said giving him a scolding look. "Ready for your first mission?"
"As can be," He announced. Then remarked "Although I'd be happier if my implants were ready yet."
"You'll do just fine." She handed him a data pad. "A former ESS officer tried to defect with his assigned battlegroup to the Empire. The major part of the mutiny was foiled yet we lost him and a couple of ships under his command."
"He's with the Empire now?" Silk noted. Mryna nodded.
"He is to be extracted and taken into custody. Since this is your first mission for the Executors and due to its importance I will accompany you on this one."
"Wow, that guy's got more decorations than I could paper bedroom with. He must have been a damned hero."
Mryna sighed. "Yeah, he sure was."
"Why would somebody like that defect to the Empire?"
She closed her eyes. The memories were painful. When she spoke her voice was thin, almost fragile. "I wish I knew."
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Design HQ | Vince T's X-Wing HQ

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:01 pm

The comms officer on the bridge of the Mandalore said to D"Arman, "Sir, we've intercepted a holo transmission from Mandalore! I think you'll want to hear it."
"Put it on, then."
Apparently, the ESS starship Erebus was attempting a diplomatic mission to Mandalore, and was told to turn away. There was a large shockwave that disabled several cruisers and sent them plummeting to the surface. More disturbing were Shiromy's words,

"Mandalore! I come to you in your final hour to offer you this one chance of salvation. Stand down all your forces and offer your unconditional surrender to the Empire of the Seven Suns and I will avert the end of your very existence."

"Damn! Fett never agreed to this. Malzic will never surrender! Those Di'kuts will wipe out the planet! Patch me through to the Erebus immediately!"
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"Sir, incoming surface-to-air missile!" said Sargent Derron.
"Evasive maneuvers!" Talmar exclaimed.
"Ten kliks!" said Derron.
"Prepare countermeasures."
"Eight kilks!'
"Get strapped in, lads."
"Seven kliks!"
The missile was inching closer on the scanner
"Six kliks!"
Talmar swore.
"Five kliks!"
R9X4, their astromech droid, made a "Squee!" sound.
"Four kilks!"
The missile was very close.
"Three kilks!"
"Fire a flare!"
"Negative sir, it's still coming. Two kliks!'
"Osik."
"One kilk!'
BOOM! The bomber shook. All the lights went out and it began to plummet.
"Sir, the main power's out!"
"Activate emergency power!"
"Negative sir, still out!"
"R9 try to open the circuit!"
The lights went back on and the bomber stopped descending with only about 150 meters to spare.
"Sargent, damage assessment!"
"Main engines One, Three and Four are out. We still have enough fuel to reach our target, but speed will be reduced by 65%."
"Good. Proceed to target. Someone up there is watching out for us."
"Oh, and Sir? One last thing. Our communications are out."
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Tyvis listened to Pitto's communication:

"To the Mandalorian commander, this is Admiral Marcus Pitto of the Galactic Empire's 61st Delocalised Task Group, I am here to offer you terms of surrender that I hope will be more appealing than a foolish suicide attack on a world that frankly is beneath you. Agaisnt the forces arrayed against you, I'm sure you will realise there is no hope of victory. But if you submit to the Empire, I will give you the chance to strike back at the enemies that have ruined your plans here, all I ask in return is that you leave the Galactic Empire and the New Republic alone. If it's territory you want, I will help you gain it. We both have much to lose in such a partnership, yes, but I hope you will agree that what we could both gain far outweighs this. These terms are non-negotiable, comply or be destroyed."

The entire bridge remained silent. Tyvis had always been loyal to Mandalore. He had happily supported Malzic the entire time. He was a man who would finish a fight no matter what. And yet...
He was a logical man as well. In the past weeks, he couldn't help but feel that he was fighting a hopeless war. This battle was becoming the final nail in the coffin. He personally had nothing to gain from the destruction of Mon Calamari. Nothing, that is, except a place in history as a mass murderer doing the dirty work for a madman.
"Sir, are you alright?"
Tears fell down Tyvis's face. This wasn't going to gain him any victory or glory. "Patch me through to Proditus."
He walked to the holo station. "Admiral Pitto, this is High Commander Lanarik Tyvis. I accept your offer. I am calling off my bombers. Tyvis out."
"Um, sir?" asked the comms officer. "One of our bombers isn't responding."
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Malzic heard the Shiromy's threat, saw the ESS battlegroup appear on the sensors and swore loudly. "Activate the planetary disintegrator shields! Anything that gets close to the surface will be vaporized. That should take the edge of their little threat. Have the planetary magnapulse cannons up and running. I want all available forces in the area now!"

The order was sent out. Malzic knew this was the last stand. He knew in his heart that this would be like trying to put out a forest fire with a toy squirt-blaster. He was going to bring down the whole temple with him. Many ships still complied and immediately set course for Mandalore. There was no word from Tyvus or his fleet assigned to the invasion of Mon Calamari.
Wielder of The Spatula

Drake26
Lieutenant JG
Bounty Hunter

Post by Drake26 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:48 am

"Sir, Hellraiser squad reports the Jaster is under their control."
Shawn smiled, "Good, now have the fleet move in and concentrate fire on the Boba's engines. Have a fighter in the area act as spotter and provide the Fury's with targeting data. I want that ship stopped now!"
Less then a minute later swarms of torpedoes leapt of the Fury's and engulfed the Boba's aft in a firestorm, its shields shredding like so much paper. Only seconds later the Excalibur's, Atlas's, and Prometheus's main batteries came into range and sheets of fire swept off their bows into the Boba's engines.
Another officer approached him, "Sir, there engines are destroyed, they are drifting."
"Switch to ion cannons only and pull alongside, Lets see if we can go two for two."

"Harmony, guess what?" Jack shouted excitedly as he began his preflight routine.
"What now?"
"We're employed!"
"Employed?" she asked skeptically.
"Yeah, we're now executors of the Emperor. Its a solid paying job with all kinds of side benefits and we get to keep doing the stuff we love. They're even going to give me that cool computer thing we thought would be awesome."
"Really? Cool, this could be fun. I'm guessing this all goes under the strictest top secret?"
"Yeah, now get ready, we're supposed to go kidnap a hero turned traitor."
"Awesome!"
Proud owner of the Almighty Frying Pan of Hugeness (Doom) or AFPoH(D)

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:11 am

The Mandalorians had accepted the demands much sooner than Pitto had thought, though from the way the battle was now shaping up, not a moment too soon. Far off in the distance, the second Mandalorain command ship was drifting lazily, swarms of hostile craft in holding positions around it as their boarding parties ransacked the vessel. The Boba, which had only minutes before been a major concern for Pitto was now disabled as well.
"Signal the New Republic forces," Pitto ordered the comms officer, "tell them we are taking these Mandalorians into custody, and that the remaining unknown forces are hostile, intentions unknown. Then send a message to the Boba suggesting they evacuate to their other ships, we can take some here on the Proditus if necessary. Have their cruisers form up with ours. Helm, take us in between the Boba and her attackers, have the Subjugator and the Persecutor fall in behind us. Weapons, ready point-defence systems to take out those warheads, and get a targeting solution for the heavy batteries and flak pods on those ships. Have Alpha and Delta squadrons engage their spotter fighters, but only to drive them off."
The bridge once again buzzed with activity as the orders were carried out. The Proditus rocked slightly as the first of the torpedoes the point-defence lasers had been unable to shoot down impacted on the shields, a few moments later an onslaught of turbolaser fire added to the danger of the Proditus new position. But her shields held, and the backup shields were charged and ready to be activated as soon as the main shields fell, should that happen. A series of salvos from the flak pods detonated among the tightly packed Furys, scoring them with superheated metal and slicing through hulls. Though the actual damage was relatively minor, the flak pods were intended more as a terror weapon than anything else, and they did their job. As the damaged hulls vented atmosphere into space, and the ships' commanders were forced to acknowledge that they had lost members of their crew so soon caused the first stages of panic, and many of the ships retreated to a safer distance. They would be back once they realised that their numbers prevented the weapons from inflicting successive damage, but that was immaterial as far as Pitto was concerned.
The heavy batteries, taken from the salvaged heavy batteries from a destroyed Executor-class, opened fire on the hostile Star Destroyers, while supporting ion cannon fire began scrambling their targeting and navigation systems. The Subjugator moved in below the Proditus and opened fire with its own batteries, going toe-to-toe with the nearest Star Destroyer. For a moment, it appeared it would be the epitome of an even fight, until the Subjugator unleashed its proton beam cannon. An orange-red beam shot from the Destroyers upper terrace and tore through the hangar section of the opposing vessel. With its navigation still scrambled from the Proditus' ion barrage, the Destroyer was unable to repostion itself to allow its main guns to fire on the Subjugator slightly beneath it. Continued fire from the Subjugator's main batteries soon brought the shields down, and the Subjugator moved on to engage the next Destroyer. Her commander, Captain Nartz, fervently hoped these Mandalorians could evacuate as quickly as they could begin a battle, as the Subjugator was in no position for anything other than a distraction. The proton beam cannon needed a good half hour to recharge, and another use under battle conditions could well cause an overheat that would disable it, and potentially damage the ship; in addition the previous assault had taken its toll on the shields, down to 40%, while there minor hull breaches towards the bow.
To her port side, the Tector-class Persecutor was engaged with a squadron of torpedo frigates, and was rapidly losing shields, though her main batteries had managed to destroy one of the vessels. The defensive action had done its job, though, as what remained of the Mandalorian fleet had fallen back behind the Imperial's somewhat stretched perimeter. A few brave Mandalorian frigates had been able to board the stricken Boba in the chaos, and begin evacuating the crew, while a series of shuttles and personal fighters had brought the command staff and senior officers to the Proditus.
Meanwhile, the three newly arrived Interdictors had fired up their gravity well generators, but their commander had left them exposed far back at the rear of his formation. Whether due to inexperience or some cunning plan he had not seen, Pitto was not sure, but their plan of escape necessitated action nonetheless. Pitto dispatched Cudgel Flight, a squad of Scimitar Assault Bombers commanded by a veteran pilot who went by the codename Bludgeon, along with the fearsome Spectre Flight and the three Missile Boats of Shade Flight, some of the few examples of that ship left in Imperial forces. Spectre Flight were there ostensibly to provide cover, but with no immediate threat, they were free to turn their own powerful weapons on the small cruisers. Fighters were quickly dispatched to intercept them, but they would not get there in time to save the gravity well projectors. Still, their numbers prevented the Imperials from dawdling to destroy the ships, and they retreated once their job was done.
"I think we're done here," Pitto announced, acutely aware of the dangerous position two of his capital ships were in. As soon as all the fighters are recovered, transmit jump co-ordinates to all ships. We can't risk taking the Mandalorians to Bastion, but taking them to deep space might spook them," Pitto considered aloud, "plot a course to Ord Sedra." he said eventually, referring to an Imperial controlled world deep in Imperial space. The fighters returned to their berths and the fleet jumped, most of the commanders breathing sighs of relief as they escaped the combat zone.
As the blue of hyperspace washed over the bridge, Pitto settled into his cheer to read the transmission he had received from the New Republic forces offering a grudging but genuine thanks for the Imperial assistance. Pitto wondered how hard that must have been for the Mon Calamari to do that, then found himself hoping that the ESS and mercenary forces that remained didn't make too much of a mess there.
"Bring the Mandalorain commander up to see me, I think we need to talk." Was his final order for now.

Darron Larcoon had never seen anything else like it, the glittering green stonework of Muunilinst was so far removed from the curving underwater cities of his home Cophuran that it was like something from another universe. He had seen the gleaming palace of Bricera and her squat dense cities, he had seen the sprawling industrial metropoli of New Cophuran, lived there even, but the grace in the architecture here, and the ethereal glow that permeated the planet was something he had been unprepared for. Among the grey-skinned, flat featured Muuns, Darron's blue skin and sharply defined face stood out like a stormtrooper in a forest; fortunately Muunilinst was home to enough off-worlders that standing out physically did not mean standing out socially.
He had been in this appartment for several days, while men he had never met and had indeed once been enemies with made decisions about his future. Aside from the members of his crew sharing the enclosed space provided by the Empire with him, the only face he had seen had been Moff Dralin's, the man who had helped bring Darron over to the Empire. Darron sighed as he throw the last of his few clothes into the travel bag, stretching before he closed the zip. He was getting restless, but at least he was now being allowed to do something. He was about to board a shuttle that would take him to the orbiting Predator-class Star Destroyer Flame of Etharin, one of the few vessels that had defected with him. Darron was worried about this particular ship, she had been built and crewed during the mass production after the design had been finalised, but had been left without a task group and had spent her entire career either gathering dust in dock or on patrols in the heart of ESS space. She had never seen combat, and her crew had become disillusioned and bitter. Undoubtedly, their defection had been purely to spite the government they felt had forgotten them, but Darron was worried their poor morale would hamper combat efficiency, and he was certainly not sure if he could trust them. He was about to perform a full inspection, and do all he could to get the ship and crew back in fighting trim.
As respected a commander as Darron was, however, he was worried. Bold speeches were not exactly his forte. Myrna would be able to get them motivated, were she here, but Mryna was... Darron suddenly found himself angry again. His old friend had willingly given herself as a tool to the government they had once both proud to serve. She had traded her humanity for a life of service to a corrupted tyrant who would condone genocide, go to the any lengths to further his own power. And she had ended their friendship even before that. Darron decided then and there that next time he would show no mercy, no remorse. If he saw Mryna Qhalic again, he would kill her. The friend he had known was already dead anyway.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:09 pm

Tyvis sent one last communication to the New Republic and Imperial forces. "Attention, I have ordered Berserker Wing to abort their mission. All have complied and returned, save for Berserker Sixteen. We believe their communications were knocked out after they reported being locked on by a surface-to-air missile. We have contacted the Mon Calamari planetary defense forces. We are incapable of disabling it in our current situation. Tyvis out."
He reluctantly boarded the shuttle and looked back for a monent at the beaten and bruised Boba,the relatively unharmed Jaster, taken by the Vipers with assistance from the Wolves, and the Jango, which was being boarded by ESS forces. He then turned forward and looked at the Proditus.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Blackmoon ran to his fighter, landed in the hangar of a New Republic cruiser. "Commander Blackmoon, you are not authorized to leave. Turn back, repeat, turn back."
"I'll turn back when that bomber does!" He replied on the comm.
He gunned the throttle for the surface. By the Force I hope I can make it.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"Sir," Derron began, "There's something coming up on us!"
It was Blackmoon's fighter. Talmar swore and said. "Gun it! We're nearly there!"
They were two kliks away and closing fast. He could see the city of some odd two million. "Open the rear doors."
Derron pressed a button. "It's no good they're stuck!"
"Damn! I'll have to go out there and open them the hard way. R9, come with me!"
He sealed his helmet and headed out the cramped airlock. He held to the side of the bomber. R9 was on top, trying to repair some circuits. The Jedi fighter was having a hard time dodging the bomber's turret fire. Almost there.
The Jedi opened fire.
"SQUEEE!"
R9 was blown to pieces which flew backward. A near miss grazed the side of the bomber near Talmar.
"AAAH!" He screamed as he was thrown back. He locked his grappling hook onto the right wing.
PSOOF! It grabbed on. He brought in the line and grabbed hold of the hull. He climbed down to the doors. He reached for his fusion cutter. He simply and crudely cut of off the doors' hinges. Now the nozzles were ready.
There was a flash of light. Lazer bolts struck the bomber's lower hull. He felt a huge, empty pain in his stomach and looked down. A laser bolt had blown through his chest. Darkness gripping him, he let go and fell towards the endless ocean below.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Blackmoon had tried comming them. There had been no answer. He had fired warning shots. They didn't stop. This was his last resort. He locked on a proton torpedo.
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEBEBEEEEEE!
SHOOF!
The torpedo went right where it should: up the engine. The bomber exploded instantly. There was no debris at all. The bomber, and all its contents, were completely vaporized at the molecular level.
Wielder of The Spatula

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:36 am

Myax had long since gotten used to long furlows of being stuck in the cramped space of a fighter. It was one of the two places he felt the safest, the other being anywhere close to Mako's side. But here in the cockpit of his personal fighter he felt invincible. His panther wasn't as massive as the shadow raven or as agile as the raptor, or even as aerodynamic as the old t-42b congreives, but somehow it felt as if it were an extension of himself. Listening to his MP3 player as he once again checked that the entire squadron was with him as they traveled through hyperspace to their next target, Myax was thrilled to be back in the thick of it again. True he had just gotten done with matters in the Hutt regions and not long before that the fight with the Keepers, but this where he belonged heading out to the next battle to win it or die fighting it. He was about to skip ahead to the next artist on his player when the proximity warning went off alerting him to his eminent return to realspace. Myax readied himself for the upcoming battle as the countdown finished and he was thrust back into real space just above the planet of Mandalore. Making one last check of all five squadrons, Raven, Dragon, Groove, Sparta, and 11th, Myax was about to start giving mission orders when he noticed the ESS fleet in orbit. That wasn't apart of the plan but the plans always changed. Switching over to planetary sensors he noticed that there was some sort of shield around the planet. If Mako were here that wouldn't be a problem, or it wouldn't have a month ago. he'd have just destroyed every shield generator on the planet with a thought, but Mako wasn't here and he didn't have the use of his abilities anymore. That made things harder but anything that came easy wasn't worth the battle. opening A channel to the ESS fleet Myax sent out a hail. "This is Myax of the Coalition, It seems that my target is shielded and and so is yours. Perhaps we could help each other?"
Power without perception is worthless and of no use.
Current WIP The Lost Fleet everything else is on hold.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:19 pm

Connor grimaced as the newly 'allied' fleets breached through jumped out of the system. Despite the newly arrived Interdictors the minor remains of the Mandalorian fleet had made it out system.
"Have you traced their path?"
"Only a rough direction so far. With all the debris and ECM in the area the sensors had quite a hard time. They're headed towards imperial space, that much can be told."
"Fine, that'll have to do for now." Connor gnarled. He wasn't intending to follow them just now, especially not on imperial territory. When he returned to his command seat his expression was grimm. A possible alliance between the Mandalorians - and be it only this fraction - and the Empire might spell trouble. So far despite the hostilities between the Empire and teh ESS neither side had actively engaged the other in combat, until now.

On the bright side, even if it were only a short bliss, this Mandalorian fleet would probably be busy getting in terms with their new friends and wasn't likely to head for Mandalore too soon, meaning the ESS could get this farce at mandalore done, before the real challenge started.

"Sir, Medusa squad reports the Jango is under control. Little resistance."
"Very good." Connor acknowledged. That surely was a fabulous catch, yet Connor wasn't entirely satisfied just yet. "Scan the ship for any hidden security systems or any other nasty surprises. I don't want to return home with a trojan horse on the leash."

"Sir, we're being hailed by the Mon Calamari." Comms notified him. "They demand us to stand down and explain our presence."
"Ugh!" Connor made. "Tell them that we have no hostile attention and if they disagree they shall contact our diplomats! Helm, plot a course out of the system. Once we're clear, patch me through to Supreme Command!"

///////////////

Aboard the Red Star II, Ray observed the reports from the various fronts. One after another Admiral Rhitargo's strike groups reported the Mandalorian forces pulling out of the fight and heading for their home base Wherever that happened, the strike group would proceed to attack a nearby mandalorian planet, before following them to Mandalore.

The ships of his battlegroup had joined up with the Traquia's fleet to reinforce the ESS Core worlds, while the Red Star II itself, now supported by Commander Marche's fleet was standing by to reinforce the battlegroup over Mandalore.

It was then that the report from Mon Calamari arrived which Ray studied with growing interest - and dislike. While so far the mission had succeded in keeping the Mandalorian fleet from protectiong their homeworld, the imperials' betrayal created new nuisances ...

///////////////

"More incoming ships!" sensors alerted. "Three Mandalorian cruisers and Frigate escorts."
"Dispatch Javelin Wing to deal with those cruisers at long range. As soon as two are down Cleanser will move in and deal with the those frigates."

"Watch out!" To their right he saw the Erebus spin off its course, barely evading a gleaming white beam soaring from the planet. Missing its target the beam dissolved somewhere between a pair of Inferno-II cruisers, While the Erebus spun back on course.

"Locate the origin of that blast and neutralize it." Khorren ordered. "Give me an estimation, how many of those cannons they might have!"

Moments later the Purifyer's fore starboard omega array and pierced into the atmosphere, answering the magna Pulse shot with a gleaming beam of crimson energy. To Khoren's discomfort the major part of the energy was absorbed by the planetary shield, reducing the devastating blast to little more than a blaster shot.

"Their shields are too strong!" The gunnery officer announced. "Even our Omega arrays can't get through."
"New arrivals, Sir!" Sensors called out. "It's the Kaos fleet!"
Moments later the Transmission from the new arrivals hailed over the bridge speakers.

Khorren remained silent for a moment, observing the battle. Shiromy gazed at the tactical screens as the Erebus. Although vastly outnumbered, the Mandalorians put up a valiant fight, answering each blow with relentless brutality and seemingly unbreakable resolve. This battle could go on for days. That was the problem. The battle was not moving anywhere. With each ship exploding a new one popped up. This battle was getting tiring.

Eventually the Erebus came into view, diving through the chaotic battle as if it were a starfighter. Fast as it was the small Corvette had little trouble evading enemy fire, while continuously picking fighters out of space. Funny enough - whichever fighter managed to evade the Erebus' cannons would yet blow up or be slammed into a nearby closer by the Empress' mental grip.

His eyes widened. Of course! "Call the Erebus."

///////////////

"Nice ship you have there." Mryna announced as she entered the Dawn's cockpit."
"What the ... Who are you?" She was greeted by the holographic projection of a female humanoid, obviously alerted by her sudden presence.
"Easy, Harmony." Silk intervened. "She's ok."
"How did you get on this ship?" The AI yet insisted.
Mryna grinned. "It's my job not to be seen. Harmony I suppose?"
"Yes" the AI said reluctantly. It obviously annoyed her that someone was able to sneak past her sensors, "But you have at a disadvantage."
"That's my new boss." Silk explained. "Mryna Qhalic. Mryna, Harmony. Harmony, Mryna."
"A pleasure." Harmony said simply. "So, what now?"
Mryna let herself down in the co-pilot's seat. "The Scorpion is no longer unknown to the Empire and I wouldn't be surprised to find myself on some imperial 'Wanted'-list. Therefore we'll take your ship."
She handed Silk a small data storage. "Our spies have turned up several leads to the target's current location. And from what I know about him I think we'll be able to cut the list down to a few."
Silk rubbed his chin then grinned. "Why search for him if we can let him find us?"
Mryna rose a brow. "Explain"
"I used to work as a bounty hunter occasionally, so I know the network. If you are on some wanted-list I can find out and arrange a meeting with him. If you aren't the news that I captured you will most likely intrigue him."
Mryna frowned. "What makes you so sure?"
"Observation." Silk said with a smug grin. "Your way of dealing with this matter is a tad too emotional for being a mere 'job', which makes me believe the whole matter is - at least in parts - personal, so it'd only be logical or at least very likely that this feeling is mutual."
Mryna said there for a good few moments, staring at him, saying nothing.
"Don't let that bring you down." Silk eventually said, softly, realizing what his analysis had caused. "Do not try to forget the past, you might loose some valuable information you might need. If you have a personal background with someone, use it to your advantage."
That took a while to digest. "That's rather cold." She commented eventually, trying to get back her dry composure.
"Maybe, but it gets the job done - and that's what it's about?"
Mryna nodded silently. Suddenly the boundaries between teacher and student seemed to have become rather blur.
"So I'm your prisoner then." She eventually stated.
"Yup." Silk said with a grin and the grave solemness vanished from his face. "I've got some holding cells and torture racks in the cargo hold. Make yourself at home!"

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:57 pm

"Admiral" Julius Carson watched from the bridge as the Venom dropped out of hyperspace. Venom was an Executor II-Class Super Star Destroyer, and Carson's command ship, once known as the Absolute when it served under the Empire. Carson, a tactical genius, had been a prodigy of the academy. He was made captain of his first ship at age 25 and climbed through the ranks at light speed until he became an admiral of a large fleet at age 30. He eventually went rogue at age 35 and, in a brilliant operation, he and some of his most loyal troops and officers succeeded in stealing the Absolute and vanishing into Wild Space, where Carson joined forces with Vorak and the Vipers. He was now 40 and appeared very young, fit, and handsome for his age. His unruly medium length hair was dark brown with a streak of gray in the front. His face was rough and covered in stubble. He still wore an Imperial uniform minus the cap, but there were now two chest holsters over it, each with an Imperial heavy blaster. His cool blue eyes reflected his character: cold and merciless.
Task Force Venom was a Viper fleet recently dispatched with a Mandalorian Rebel fleet under High Commander Rozik to Mandalore. Carson couldn't help but feel disappointed when he saw the ESS and Kaos fleets already there. He hated it when others stole his kill.
"Comms," he said to a rough looking man, "Patch me through to the Kaos and ESS forces. I'd hate to have to destroy them out of a misunderstanding."
"Right, boss."
Carson half Corellian, making him very cocky. It showed when he spoke. "Attention all ESS and Kaos forces, I am Julius Carson of the Vipers. I was sent to support you and the Mandalorian Rebel fleet. Just want you guys to know we're on the same side. Looks like you could use a hand."
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Xiana paced nervously around the bridge of the Mandalore as she waited for the jump to planet Mandalore, a rapidly growing battlefield in space. Something wasn't right about the New Republic and Mon Cal forces. She didn't have time to ask, because a New Republic officer contacted her and everyone else. " Attention, unidentified fleets, you are no longer welcome here. Leave now in peace or we will use force."
"Whoa, buddy," Xiana heard Vorak speak up. "I'm Jym Vorak, leader of the Vipers, on board the Free Bird. I don't want any trouble. We'll just take the Mando ships we captured and leave you alone. Vorak out."
An ESS comms officer also spoke. "The ESS forces have no hostile intentions. We are leaving the system."
Xiana replied, "This is commander Fett of the Mandalorian Resistance, we are leaving the system. Fett out."
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Vorak looked on at the deadlocked battle over Mandalore from his command ship, the Free Bird. The Free Bird was an heavily modified Interceptor IV-class frigate. Her stock turbolasers had been replaced with cannons taken from a scrapped Imperial-II class star destroyer. The shields were taken from a Mon Calamari cruiser. The engines were meant for a heavy starship and gave the little frigate great speed. The hyperdrive was class 0.5. Vorak had added sensor and communications jamming equipment. He had also equipped the frigate with an extremely robust communications array capable of picking up signals from almost anywhere in the galaxy. She had a self-aware artificial intelligence system known as MJOLNIR, allowing for a small crew. The best part was, from the outside, an observer would only see a beaten, slightly modified old frigate, not uncommon just about anywhere, allowing it to slip through the cracks the way grand, powerful heavy cruiser wouldn't. It may not have been a Super Star Destroyer, but many enemies had met an unexpected fate at the hands of the Free Bird's weapons.
"Alright, boys, let's make a hole!" Vorak exclaimed. "LEEROY JENKINS!"
Task force Free Bird headed into the heart of the Mandalorian fleet.
Wielder of The Spatula

Drake26
Lieutenant JG
Bounty Hunter

Post by Drake26 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:52 am

"Sir, the Mon Calamari are hailing, demanding we explain our presence!"
"Ignore them. Is the Boba in place and secured?"
"Yes sir!"
"Damage reports on the interdictors?"
"Chiron's Claw and Titan Grip are both heavily damaged but still mobile. Spectral Web's captain spooked and shut the generators down before he had to, so she took minimal damage."
"Good, signal the fleet to move our and rendezvous and Dragon Base."
"Aye aye sir!"
Minutes later, the Wolf Fleet and their prize disappeared into Hyperspace.

(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)(][)

Above the surface of Mandolore but below the shield a wyrmhole opened and out shot a massive WarDragon followed by a flight of BattleWyrms. Ground batteries open fire but the nimble creatures easily dodged the blasts. They made a b-line for the nearest shield generator, and reached it within moments. When they reached it, some of the assailants opened their maws to breath great streams of plasma, slagging whole sections of the building, while others swooped down to rip off chunks of the structure and shed it to pieces. Then they moved on toward the next generator, leaving behind a ruin. David felt Shiromy reach for him with her mind, "What are you doing here!"
"I was bored, and it looked like you could use some help. Besides, why should you younglings have all the fun?"

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:41 am

"Message from the Purifyer, Milady." The pilot called to her. "We can't seem to breach the planetary shields."
Shiromy rolled her eyes, then went over to the flight deck. "Bring us into the atmosphere!"
The pilot frowned. "We can't. The shields will vaporize us."
Shiromy shook her head. "Let that be my concern. Just bring us in steep and fast."
The pilot hesitated for a moment, then nodded. "As you wish, your highness."

As the Erebus solved from the battle and headed towards the planet soon half a dozen fighters was on its tail, yet was soon picked up by the Erebus' rear turrets. Before them Shiromy could sense the strong energy barrier that protected the planet. Already the Erebus' heat shields had begun lighting up as the Corvette began its steep descent into the atmosphere. Reaching out she enveloped the ship she got ahold of this energy and, feeding it with her own power, transformed it into a massive gleaming ball of light. Shortly before they reached the barrier Shiromy let go of the energy and let it blast forth like a projectile. Hitting the shield the ball exploded in a blinding flash and tore a temporary breach into the shield just large enough for the Erebus to slip through, before closing again.

Once beneath the shield the pilot flattened their entry angle and brought the Erebus into horizontal flight again. Only a few dozen meters above the surface they raced across the landscape towards the Mandalorian capital.

The closer they got the denser the defensive fire became. Once again Shiromy reached out and her mental grip tore open the ground around them. Gleaming fissures opened all around her spilling lava into the air and swallowing the numerous defense posts. A trail of eruptions followed and pre-ran the Erebus like a firy bow wave.

"Sensors read one of the shield generators ahead." The pilot announced, as in the distance a large complex came in sight. "Locking missiles."
"No!" Shiromy cut in. "save your ammunition!"
The construction was massive. No wonder even the omega blasts wouldn't get through. Closing her eyes she got ahold of the structure and the surrounding area. Suddenly the solid ground beneath generator burst open and turned into a pool of lava. Within seconds the building was engulfed in flames. Metal beams began to bend and melt and soon the shield generator began to collapse and sink into the lava.

The shield generator died as its reactor overheated in a brilliant flash of light.

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:12 pm

"Impossible!" was all Malzic could say as he watched shield generator after shield generator fail. "Ready the Brutus."
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Admiral Falkaar's New Republic force arrived over Zyre, a trade hub in near Outer Rim that had many ties to the Core and had recently fallen to the Mandalorian. He had been sent to "back up" a Core Alliance Peacekeeper Corps expeditionary force. In reality, that usually meant doing most of the work, so when his fleet arrived to an at first peaceful looking scene over the planet, he was surprised. Then he saw the wreckage of the Mandalorian ships. There were very few. Most of the Mando fleet had been recalled. He also saw spears of light descending from the CA warships to the planet's surface.
"Admiral," said the comms officer, "We're picking up a distress signal. It's civillian, I think."
"Put it on."
The message had heavy static, and the speaker sounded very desperate:

"Mandos...abandoned...city...Core...Alliance...still...attacking...please...help..."

"Patch me to the commander of that CA fleet."
"Yessir."
The Core Alliance officer appeared.
"Attention, I am Admiral Darek Falkaar of the New Republic. What is the meaning of this bombardment?"
"Sorry, there are still heavy hostile forces on the ground. We have to eliminate them before securing the surface."
The officer disappeared.
"Sensors?" Falkaar snapped, "I want the location of all remaining Mandalorian ground forces on Zyre now!"
"Yessir, this will take a few moments."
A couple minutes later, a holo of the surface appeared. Any significant military presence would be highlited. Falkaar felt the ice grow in his gut. There was almost nothing left. A few destroyed bases. A few light vehicles and infantry were picked up, but most were scattered and away from any city. There was obviously no need for the bombardment.
"Patch me through to the Core Alliance commander again."
The officer reappeared and gave an impatient "Yes?"
"Attention all Core Alliance forces, I am demanding you cease fire and leave the system immediately."
"Sorry, no can do. The Peacekeeper Corps has been given ability by your New Republic senate to liberally use any force necessary against those deemed our enemies."
"Well I won't stand for this slaughter. I forgot to mention that we would commence hostilities towards your forces if you didn't comply. You are a few Enforcer class Star Destroyers and some old X-Wings. We are and entire New Republic fleet and a whole wing of E-Wings. You'd be wise to leave."
"Withdrawing from area."
The Core Alliance immediately left. The whole situation had dieturbed Falkaar, but most of all, the fact that according to New Republic law, the CA had done nothing wrong.
Wielder of The Spatula

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:14 am

Roscha frowned and rubbed her temples. Despite his blindness and disconnection to his former powers Mako could yet realize the motion. "Anything wrong?"
"No, not really." Roscha said thoughtfully. "I think my student is beginning to realize and unleash her potential."
"Shiromy?" Mako frowned. "What's she doing?"
"A mini-Mako." Roscha mocked. "I feel compelled to give her a harsh scolding - showcasing her powers like that."
"Hey, when did I..." Mako attempted to protest, then sighed. "Well, you might scold her anyway." he suggested. "The Keepers may be all but extinct, but nobody knows who else can sense this power."

///////////////

'What's Rain doing on Mandalore?'
'Wreaking havoc.' Shiromy explained simply, while watching the group of dragons sail through the sky towards their next target. 'They're doing a pretty good job on those shield generators.'
'Well, remind him that I want this planet taken in one piece, I'm not very good at puzzling.'
Shiromy chuckled at that last remark. She could almost feel his annoyment about not being part of the action - and she could relate to it just too well. How frustrated had she been as Bricera's First lady, not able to take to the battle like she used to in her early days on Chedalon...

She was in danger.

"Pull up!" She barked. The pilot reacted instantly but the Erebus' maneuver was yet too slow to evade the magna-pulse blast and the white beam tore off the corvette's right wing.
"I've lost control!" The pilot exclaimed as he frantically tried to stabilize what was left of the ship.
"Try to keep her at level!" Shiromy said and reached out to get ahold of the ship and maintain its structural integrity.
"Hang on, this is going to be rough!" The pilot warned.
The ship rocked hard as it hit the ground, hard enough to even throw Shiromy off her feet. Her head hit something hard and quickly Shiromy felt darkness approaching. Focussing all her will she completely let go of herself - and from above she watched her body fall to the ground.

///////////////

Khoren gazed at the newly arrived Viper fleet. The presence of an Executor II-class dreadnaught was something to behold, especially since due to its limited number he had allways believed each single one was in the hands of people he knew. This one he didn't know at all. Well, at least they appeared to be on the same side.

He grimaced. By now mandalorian Ships continuously poured out of hyperspace. Many of them had already sustained damage fighting against Rhitargo's strike groups. Which meant that those would also follow them suite.

"Sir, we've lost contact with the Erebus!"
Khoren's eyes widened in shock. "What happened?"
"It looks like they were strafed by a magnapulse blast and crashed on the planet."
Khoren cursed under his breath. He could only hope the Empress managed to survive the crash. Besides her very presence here was crucial to the success of the operation. "Can we get past the shields yet?"
"Those dragons are continuously weakening the shields." The man explained. "A fusion blast might be able to cut a temporary breach into the shield so a pick-up ship could get through."
"Then let's try this." Khoren decided. "Have Javelin II synchronise with a pick-up ship to breach though the shield. We must rescue the Empress at any cost." For a moment he regarded the the battle. "And get a firing solution on those magnapulse guns, before they cause any more trouble!"

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:09 am

"Sir?" Said the Brutus's comms officer, "We've recieved word that the Erebus was hit by one of our cannons. Empress Shiromy Gitann was believed to be onboard."
Malzic smiled boradly. "Excellent! Have the 471st legion converge on the area of the crash site and search for survivors, and have the 57th heavy armor regiment back them up. The Empress could be an invaluable bargaining token, if she survived." He paused. "In the meantime, I will rally our forces. We'll make a comeback yet. Oya!"
Wielder of The Spatula

Drake26
Lieutenant JG
Bounty Hunter

Post by Drake26 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:03 am

This is taking too long, David thought, Lets try a different approach. He gave orders to the BattleWyrms to start taking down the magnapulse cannons, then ditched his extra mass and teleported to the Main Shield Control Room. He had changed himself into a combat form, and looked like an eight foot tall bipedal lizard with bulging muscles, a powerful tail, and wicked looking claws. The on duty mandos reacted surprisingly fast considering the circumstances, and started moving to kill him. David thought, What the hell, I'm already showing off. and pulled Shadowfell and Foebane from their sheaths. He immediately felt the abyssal demons bound the them start howling in the back of his mind in hunger, but through a force of will he locked them down, and the slaughter began. A look of surprise sprung up on the first mando's face as Foebane easily cleaved through his armor. That look was replaced with horror as his armor rusted away to expose rotting flesh underneath as the sword leached the integrity out of both, leaving a pile of dust on the floor. The second mando didn't even manage to look surprised as Shadowfell cleaved through his wrist, sucking all the energy out of his body, causing his corpse to collapse in a heap on the floor. The remaining mandos didn't fair much better, and the battle was over in seconds. David found the shield controls and shut them down, then slammed both blades into the console. The lights flickered off and the terminal began to disintegrate. David grinned, "No one will be reactivating those anytime soon. Now I wonder where Malzic is hiding?" He then stalked off to find him.
Last edited by Drake26 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:20 am

"Alright, Warhammers. Oya!" Xiana cried and Warhammer squadron sped toward Malzic's command ship, a mighty Basilisk heavy cruiser called the Brutus.
Vorak and Task Force Free Bird had already punched through the fleet and were attacking the leviathan like mosquitoes. It had taken only a few hits, but looked like it could be eventually overpowered.
Spears of light came toward them. "Watch the crossfire!"
One of the pilots said hopelessly, "That armor's too thick!"
"Let the Viper corvettes do the heavy hitting. We're here just to assist. I'm going to make a run on those batteries. Nine and Eleven, follow me in!"
Xiana's gut sank as she realized how foolish that move had been. Her wingmates disintegrated under a hail of fire and she herself was hit. It was in that moment that she had an even crazier idea. Her wounded fighter sped towards the main hangar. Malzic was sure to be onboard. I'm going to take that chakaar down myself!
Wielder of The Spatula

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:30 pm

Shiromy took a deep breath of fresh air of Mandalore, as she stood atop the wrecked Erebus and observed their current situation. She had been lucky - being by far not as skilled in the art of spirit travelling as Vince was, it had just sufficed to temporarily take over her co-pilot to heal her concussions.

Below her the crew was gathering outside. The marines that were not busy coordinating the evacuation had swarmed out to secure a perimeter around the ship. Looking at the wreckage she sighed. The right wing and engine section were gone completely. The ship was a total mess

In the distance she could see the massive weapon installation that had shot them down. It was one of those manga-pulse cannons that were screening the orbit. Holding out her hand she reached for the distant installation and, in a fleeting thought, crushed it to a mass of burning rubble.

Her eyes narrowed. They had crashed on a wide plane, not far from the Mandalorian capital. Undoubtedly Mandalorian ground forces were on their way. Closing her eyes her senses stretched over the plane. It didn't take long until she found what she had expected: A massive ground force was headed for them.

A movement above them made her open her eyes and she beheld a pair of CSX-Stealths appear in the sky cannons blazing as they made a quick attack run on the approaching forces before touching down next to the crash site. Instantly troops and rescue teams poured out of the ships to secure the area. Shiromy smiled, as she leapt off the wreckage and, accompanied by her trinity of guards, marched towards the ships. They hadn't arrived a minute to soon.

"Field Commander Brandon Trevar, your Highness" a man in a mixture of uniform and combat armor introduced himself and bowed to her. "I am glad to see you are unharmed."
"Thank you, Commander Trevar." She nodded. "Any sign of Malzic? With the shields down I doubt he'll be staying planetside for much longer."
"While breaching into the atmosphere we detected a large ship that launched from the surface. The ship seemed to be stationed underground, so our sensors couldn't detect it earlier. It is likely Malzic is aboard." The last stand Shiromy thought.
"Malzic is desperate." Shiromy mused. "He knows he's losing but he'll battle to the death, regardless of the consequences."
"The fleet is ready for him. He won't stand a chance. Meanwhile we should see to your safety."
Shiromy nodded and watched as the rescue teams swept the crash site for survivors.
"We won't collect all survivors in time." Shiromy said grimmly, pointing at the army in the distance. "Collect what officers and crew you can and launch to provide air support! We'll hold it from here."
"But your Highness," Trevar objected. "You'll be their primary target."
"I know." Shiromy's expression darkened. "This personal."

///////////////

"You were right." Silk announced, bursting into her cabin. Mryna opened her eyes and took a final deep breath, ending her meditation. "There's only a contact ID, no name, but I'll bet my left hand it's the Empire."
"How much?" She asked. Though she preferred not to be on any wanted list, she was yet curious on how much she was considered worth.
"Hundred grand alive, fourty dead." He said. "You seem to have made quite the impression."
"I bet." Mryna said. "Nobody looses an Executor-II and lives through that easily."
"I'll make the call."

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:29 pm

The troops surrounded Fett's crashed fighter. They were probably surprised. She punched a button which blew the canopy and flew out with her jetpack in an instant. The guards were mowed don in an instant. She headed for the bridge. By now, more of the combined fleet had broken through. The Brutus. had shredded through some of the smaller corvettes and frigates, but the larger capital ships were wounding her. Everyone was frantically moving to battle stations and Xiana was unnoticed in the chaos. She reached the bridge. Malzic was arguing with his distressed looking officers. Two guards spun around, blasters pointed. "Halt!"
A poison dart to the first and a vibroblade to the throat of the second made short work of them.
"Malzic! Your reign is over!' threatened Fett.
Malzic just smiled widely and laughed in his smooth, cold baritone voice. His one remaining good eye staring at her mercilessly. "Foolish girl. The apple falls far from the tree, does it not? I will remove this blotch on the Fett clan's name!"
He drew out his long Mandalorian sword. Malzic was one of the best Swordfighters on Mandalore. His officers laughed, expecting a quick fight. Fett drew her sword coolly. Malzic just stared at her for a moment, then twisted his face in rage and launched himself at her with a vicious growl. Xiana blocked the attack. Malzic's face was inches away, staring with vicious intent at her. "You're good, but not good enough. Give up, girl. The only alternative is death."
She replied, "At least I''d be dying for my people, not against them."
Malzic roared and launched a rapid but fruitless series of attacks on her.
Wielder of The Spatula

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Shiromy stood atop the Erebus' bow, watching the Mandalorian army approach. They were about thirty kilometers away - too far for normal eyes or macro binoculars to make out. Tanks, troop carriers, armored speeders and jet troopers - about a thousand units total outnumbering the ESS ground forces roughly 4:1. Of course, the two corvettes added a significant factor to this calculation.

Raising her hand she evoked a blast wave forth that deformed the soil before them, creating natural trenches and walls, behind which her troops took cover. With another waving guesture she tore open a gleaming fissure between them and the attackers.

Shiromy could have just vaporized the ground forces right where they were, but this was a matter of psychology and diplomacy. The illusion of a fair chance would make the defeat less harmful for the Mandalorian people. She would stride into battle just like the soldiers under her. It had been too long since the last time she had been given the opportunity to do this.

Hopping off the bow, she landed in midst her troops.
"Your highness!" One of the commanders approached her. "We'll do our best to protect you, but you should stay in cover."

Shiromy rose a brow. "Thank you, but I think I can hold up pretty well." Reaching into her robes she pulled out a distinctive metal cylinder. Pushing a small button a brilliant yellow energy blade hissed from the handle emitting a sharp humming noise. She had studied the workings of lightsabers during her training with Roscha. While originally a weapon exclusive to Jedi and Sith Shiromy had found them to be rather practical - elegant and deadly as a normal sword but yet far less space-consuming.

"forgive my objection, your highness, but your garments won't offer much protection against their weapons. And even a lightsaber won't deflect a tank blast."
Shiromy frowned, then looked down at her silken wardrobe. The man was right. The elegant fabrics wouldn't absorb much blaster fire. Spreading her arms a gust of wind whirled up the dust around her into a dense spinning cloud. Breaking down the molecules she re-formed them. Finally a small shock wave spread from her and what had been a cloud of dust was now a shiny combat armor in metallic black and crimson perfectly fitting to the rest of her garments. After regarding her work for a moment she threw the startled commander a innocent grin. "Will this do?"

"... yes, your Highenss." The man stammered. For a moment she regarded him, then the other soldiers around them. They were not used to have their Empress standing next to them, preparing for battle. Many probably didn't know her background, feeling responsibility for her safety. It troubled them, made them uneasy.

"Listen to me, all of you!" She addressed them and rose her voice. "As we prepare for the coming battle I stand here today not as your Empress, not as the uplifted ruler who smiles into the cameras while her people get slaughtered. No. I stand here as one of you. This upcoming battle is going to be rough and demanding. The Mandalorians are tough and relentless. They will show no mercy and expect none. Their goal is to capture me and kill all of you. If they succeed, they will go on and conquer our worlds, burn down our homes and enslave our families. But none of this will happen, if you do bare in mind what I tell you now."
She made a pause to let the words rest. Then continued, increasing the vehemence of her speech.
"On this battlefield I am not your Empress! Titles and privileges won't keep you alive in a battle. Do not care for my safety! I will fight as one of you and, if fate will, I will die as one of you! We will stand together as one and we will show those Mandalorian tinheads what it means to F$%K with the ESS!"

The last words had come like a roar from a furious predator, as she rose her lightsaber high into the air. A thunderous cheer roared through the rows of her troops.

As she turned around she beheld a distant flash - and a red laser blast coming towards them. "Your highness, whatch-" A soldier cried out as he noticed she was standing right in the projectile's way - yet grew silent as she deflected it with a simple wipe of her hand.

"Alright boys, that was our invitation!" Trevar called out. "Return fire!"

At his command all hell broke loose, as hundreds of heavy blaster rifles bursted to life and spat their deadly charge at the enemy. While the armies fired at each other Shiromy positioned herself before the battle rows and - dashing from side of the front to the other - deflected blast after blast with lightsaber and bare hand.

It was in the middle of this chaos that Shiromy felt truly alive.

Drake26
Lieutenant JG
Bounty Hunter

Post by Drake26 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:42 am

David smiled as he piloted the tank into formation at the back of the Mando force. The last mando officer he had killed had managed to gibber out through his fear that Malzic had left the planet, before he had died, so he had decided to redirect his fun. Ad fun this would be. He aimed the tank cannon at another tank in the distance and opened fire. There was a moment of hesitation before the Mandoes responded and started to target him. He continued to fire, basting apart tanks and troops alike until he sensed the tank about to be destroyed, the teleported to another, killed the operators, and repeated the process again. And again. And again, until this whole section of the Mando force had descended into chaos, tanks and troops firing wildly at each other. Then he jumped out of his tank, pulling Foebane and Shadowfell from their sheaths, and the slaughter began. He noticed another group coming to try and restore order, and he cast a spell, The Hammer of Thor, calling down a massive cascade of lighting on them, charring an area a mile wide. The flash sent troops staggering and the thunder rocked the distant ESS corvettes. He grinned at the the added confusion and went back to his bloody task. Another group tried to rally against him, and he cast another spell, and their battlecries turned to screams as acid mists rose from the ground and enveloped them, burning away their flesh. He began to laugh, the terrifying laugh of a warrior who knows hes unstoppable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack sat down at the bar. There were two reasons he picked this bar. One, the bartender, Guerrilla, was one of his bounty hunter contacts. The other, because of the Predator with imperial markings orbiting overhead. There weren't a lot of imperial Predators, so it was a good bet the one was under Darron's command. Since the claim would be sent through the Predator's holocom, it was also a good bet that word that he had captured Mryna would get to him. It followed that he would then arrange for himself to be the one to verify the claim. Man he loved it when problems do their best to fix themselves. He caught Guerrilla's attention, "Hey, I'll have a Pink Cheevo Ale, extra tingly, hold the Muja slice."
Guerrilla nodded, then did a double take. "Silk? Nice to see you buddy! Hey, if you're here, that means you've got a bounty for me. Who'd you catch this time, The Butcher of Montellian Serat?"
Jack made a face, "No, Fett be me to it, damn him. No, I got some bitch spy named Myrna Qhalic."
Guerrilla mumbled, thinking, "Mryna, Mryna... What a sec." and turned to consult a terminal. "Ah, here it is. Ah, thats what threw me off, I never expected to see you turn in an Imperial bounty."
Jack managed to look disgusted, even though he was internally celebrating. "It imperial? Damnit, I hate doing their dirty work. Bustards, the lot of them. But I already caught her, might as well get paid."
Guerrilla nodded, "I'll call it in."
Jack walked out, leaving his drink on that table, still muttering about imps. He hated to waist a good Pink Cheevo, but he had to keep up appearances.

A disguised Mryna met him outside the bar. "Whats so bad about the imps?"
"They killed all my friends, thats what. In you're line of work, you've probably heard of the Gray Monks, though maybe only as a legend. I was monk trained, and let me tell you, those legends are not only true, but maybe even a little understated. You really think the Emperor would get a group as powerful as them exist outside his control for long? About two months after I left, he sent Vader to "acquire" their services. After they refused to join up, Vader went down with a legion of stormtroopers to capture a few to be forced to teach what they know. The Empire lost two more legions recovering a wounded Vader. At that point, he decided their planet would make a good plaice to test the Executor's planetary bombardment capabilities. Bastard."

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:54 pm

In a rather shabby looking bar somewhere in the galaxy a trio of off-duty imperial crewmen sat together sipping stale drinks from stained glasses. Next to them a group of freighter pilots was playing cards while smoking some awful smelling cigars...

Player 5: "Ye heard that thing 'bout that Qhalic woman?"
Player 1: "who's that? I take two."
Player 2: "She's ESS, I think. Three for me."
Player 3: "Hm, tough one. Some top-killer-super-agent. I take one."
Player 4: "Well, what about her? Three here."
Player 5: "They say she got snatched. I take four."
Player 6: "Ya kiddin'? Ain't no snatchin' her. She's a pro. I hold."
Player 5: "I swear. One of my escort pilots told me earlier. It's all over the network."

Player 1: "Any idea, who caught her? I start with ten."
Player 2: "some lucky bastard. I raise fifteen."
Player 3: "He should get rid of her. She's trouble. I double."
Player 4: "Yeah, if she escapes, he's dead. I raise fifty."
Player 1: "Crap, I'm out. Who're those ESS anyway?."
Player 5: "Pretty new guys, heard they were overrunning Mandalore. I hold."
Player 6: "Wow, Someone's got ambitions. I raise two hundred."

Player 2: "I double."
Player 3: "Damn, I'm out."
Player 4: "I'm out, too."
Player 5: "I double."
Player 6: "Alright, let's see them."
Player 2: "Must be my lucky day. Full House."
Player 5: "Ye wish! Imperial Street."
Player 6: "Damnit, not again!"

////////////////

The midnight full moon shone its dim milky light through the open balkony doors, as Vince lay awake in the spacious bed.

He couldn't sleep.

Shiromy was on Mandalore going toe to toe with an army of those berserks. Not that he was worried for her. But what had once been a single burst of power had now turned into a constantly boiling rumble swelling up and down and radiating all through the galaxy despite the enormous distance. For someone with as hightened sences as him it was like lying next to a magnarail track.

He heard the sound of the bedroom door opening and quickly rose up, ready to strike at whatever intruder might approach.

A little girl of nine years slowly shuffled in, her blue-black hair was tousled, her sleepy blue eyes half-closed, her arms clinged around a plush teddy.
"What's Mommy doing, Daddy?"

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:57 am

"In conclusion," stated Felmar to the Senate, "Admiral Falkaar's account of his actions over Zyre agree with the accounts of the other questioned New Republic Personnel. And, if some of those present are still not convinced, I have this."
Felmar put the datadisk in his senate pod computer, and a gigantic hologram projected in the center of the room. There was a mixture of gasps, than excited muttering.
"It's a copy of the orders given to the CAEC commanding officer. As you can see, they mention a rebel organization known as the Hand of Zyre. The Hand of Zyre wished to liberate their homeworld from their current government, which supressed freedom on many occasions and traded almost exclusively with the Core worlds, serving as one of the CA's trade waypoints to the farther reaches of the galaxy. When the Mandalorians took over, the Hand of Zyre changed their enemy but not their goals. They finally gained control after the Mandalorians fled the planet. When they failed to comply with the Enforcer Corps' orders to surrender authority to the Core Alliance, the CA fleet bombarded the world. While General Qwharran claims he was targeting terrorist cells, in reality, the Hand of Zyre was very harmless to civilians, who resented their world's government almost as much. The bombardment was meant to scare Zyre into total submission, and left roughly half a million civillians dead, according to the official New Republic report. Senators, we cannot allow for this to continue. The Core Alliance Enforcer Corps is at worst an army of enforcers sent to intimidate enemies with no repercusions, and, because of the quite capable New Republic military, redundant at best."
There was a chorus of agreement.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
The Venom was breaking through the Mandalorian lines like a crazed berzerker whose momentum couldn't be stopped. The Brutus, it's starship cover disintegrating, was beginning to take damage. On the bridge, Fett and Malzic continued the furious fight.
"You're foolish, girl, but brave. You have a strong sense of honor challenging me like this, or your're just stupid."
Their blades made a symphony of sounds of metal hitting metal.
BWOOOOOOM!
The ship was rocked by a massive blast. The lights on the bridge flickered.
The ship's computer said in a mundane tone that didn't fit what it was saying, "WARNING, HULL DAMAGE CRITICAL."
Some of the crew, previously either occupied with their posts or distracted with the fight,
began to get up in panic and run for the escape pods.
"Run, you cowards!" cried Malzic in fury, "What fools flee before the moment of victory?
It was useless. Even the Brutus's crew, loyal to Malzic for a long time and still unshakably faithful when many had given up, had finally had enough. There was nothing Malzic could do. He was preoccupied with Fett.
"I'll cut your head off and preserve it as a trophy!"
Xiana was silent. She was losing ground.
"It's such a shame that you and the great Boba Fett should be from the same line. He would have never concerned himself with the interests of the weak. To worry for the weak is to be weak. I will purge the Mandalorians, and the galaxy, of such filth. Starting with you."
Fett had a newfound desire, like a blazing fire, to win.
CLANG! CLING! CLAAAK!
Xiana forced her opponent back. Malzic stumbled and fell on his back. Nothing could ever emulate his look of surprise. Fett burnt with righteous anger. "You've caused enough pain!"
FWOOOOOOOOM!
Another explosion rocked the ship. Fett was half buried by debris.
"Goodbye, Commander Fett." said Malzic as he headed for the escape pod. Xiana watched helplessly. Then, she used her anger to give her strength like never before. She rose from the debris holding her down. It was almost inhuman. She grabbed her sword and charged Malzic, who was turning, jumping high in the air, but was knocked back by a kick to the stomack. Malzic grabbed his sword. "I was a fool to leave you to die. I will correct my mistake."
BWOOOSHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
A turbolaser blast had proven to much for the shields and ripped through the bridge. Transparisteel and durasteel shards flew off from the ship into the vacuum. Xiana grabbed the deck with all her strength. Behind her was Malzic, also holding on for his life.
"Fett," he gasped in desparation, holding out a hand, "help me!"
Xiana's face turned to rage. How could he possibly have the gett'se to beg for mercy after all he had done? Fett kicked hard, causing Malzic to lose his grip. He screamed in terror as he was sucked into the blackness, hand still reaching out. The emergency atmospheric containment field kicked in a moment later and the vacuum stopped. Still flowing with adrenaline, Fett walked toward the escape pod.
She didn't look back as the Brutus went up in a glorious explosion behind her.
Wielder of The Spatula

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:48 pm

Khoren took a deep breath as in the distance the Brutus went up in a brilliant fireball. By now the combined allied forces outnumbered the Mandalorians roughly 3:1. Yet regardless the Mandalorians kept fighting ferociously despite the loss of their flagship - and supposedly their leader. Ridiculous as it was Khoren had yet to admire the Mandalorians' spirit and valiance. They'd keep up fighting where others would already accept they were dead. Ships split in half continued the fight until they finally exploded or went on collision course with their enemies. Remarkable, yet futile.
His Spearhead groups had been reduced to one and a half wings, now split into two pairs and going after a group of Mandalorian cruisers that had been stripped of their escorts by a series of well-placed Omega blasts.
The whole battle seemed to have ceased for the blink of an eye when the Brutus blew up. Khoren frowned. To his knowledge, Commander Fett had been reported to have landed inside the Brutus' hangar. With the Mandalorian flagship destroyed her whereabouts were nebulous at best. He keyed a special frequency into his armpad.
"ESS Purifyer to Commader Fett. Can you hear me?"
There was a long pause then a distorted voice answered.
"Fett here, I #### you, Puri####. ####eturning to ####agship."
"Understood." Khoren said. "Any sign of Malzic?"
"Dead." Fett's answer was short and distinct despite the distortions and Khoren found himself breathing a sigh of relief. Not that Malzic was a big threat yet his obvious insanity was a danger not to be ignored.
He switched to internal fleet channel. "All ships, switch to EMP and ion cannons to disable the enemy craft! Spearhead groups stand down and pull back." After all, a part of these ships were supposed to enter ESS service soon and Khoren intended to take them intact. With many of them already shields down the systems failed pretty fast and ship after ship went dark.

////////////////

Shiromy's blood was boiling. A stormtide of adrenaline washed through her entire body as she ploughed through the chaotic battle. Her lightsaber in one hand, a salvaged blaster rifle in the other she mowed down Mandalorian after Mandalorian, men and women alike. She grimaced as she beheld the mayhem that Rain was creating on the other side of the battle. The mandalorians stood no chance against him.

There was an explosion, somewhere very close behind her. She barely managed to shield herself before the shockwave hit her. She was thrown through the air, hitting the ground hard and remained unmoving for a moment resting on her knees and arms, shaking her head and fighting unconsciousness. Roling onto her back she beheld a large fireball growing into the air. Many of her troops had been caught in the explosion.
"Your highness" Trevar called as he rallied towards her and helped her up.
"I'm alright" Shiromy coughed while she struggled up, provisorically raising a shield around them and looking trying to assess the situation. "what was that?"
"Some sort of artillery strike." Trevar mused. "No Mando hand weapon, tank gun or grenade is that powerful."
"Call in the corvettes!" Shiromy ordered. "Whatever that was, I want it destroyed ASAP. I cannot fight if I'm busy shielding all of us from such attacks!" Anger rose in her, while Trevar picked up his comm. She should have been more alert. Once again her ponderings had cost unnecessary lives, just like they had lost the Erebus and got into this mess.
Moments later a shadow washed over them and a series of explosiosn traveled across the battlefield ending in a number of brilliant flashes as the distant group of artilery posts blew up under the Corvettes' heavy bombardment.
Shiromy took the moment of chaos among the Mandos to observe the surroundings. The ESS troops were regrouping behind cover and waiting for orders. Looking down at the lightsaber in her hand she found it to be badly damaged by the explosion spraying sparks. Almost casually she threw it aside, where it dissolved into atoms before even touching the ground. Trevar gazed at the odd display for a second then back at her hands that had begun to glow. She grinned viciously. "Let's give them hell already!"

////////////////

Vince regarded his daughter for a moment, then smiled. "Playing, at least that's what Mommy would call it."
"Hmpf!" the girl made and grimaced. "Why can mommy play at this time and I can't?"
"Well, Kyaara Darling," Vince explained. "It's early afternoon on Mandalore, while it's midnight here. If you start throwing around energy balls here, I'll have an army of angry neighbours at the gates tomorrow." He grinned. "Besides Mommy would beat me to a puddle, if I tried to stop her."
"I could do that, too!" Kyaara announced briskly.
He rose his brows and grinned even wider. "You could try, snip!"
"Yaaaaaah!" She cried out in her still rather squeaky voice and launched herself into the air, effortlessly crossing a distance of maybe six meters in one swift leap. Firy like her mother! vince thought as the two started scuffling.

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:51 am

Mako stood on the bridge of the Trebuchet as it skimmed the outskirts of what remained of the Malachor system, listening to the banter of the bridge. He had hoped that it would be another lifetime before he would get close to this place again, but it was the shortest route to Rhelg, not to mention the safest at this time. Mako more felt than heard Roscha walk up behind him and place her head on his shoulder.
"Enjoying the view?"
Mako shrugged his free shoulder." Eh you've seen nothing before you've seen it a million times."
"So why haven't you asked?"
Mako made a puzzled face. "Asked? But I thought it was rude to ask a lady how old she was on her birthday. Speaking of which." Mako dug into his pocket and pulled out a huge corusca gem and placed it in Roscha's hand. "I hope you like it."
Roscha smiled warmly at the gem. "Thank you, but you know what I was talking about."
."I do?" Mako made a puzzled face.
"Mako.."Roscha warned him.
Mako sighed "I haven't asked you to repair my eyesight because it's a self imposed punishment for stretching myself too far. Besides my eyesight isn't as bad as you'd think. True I can't see in the normal sense, but I can see shadows, auras, if you will. I believe the closest thing to it would be called Force Sight."
"Self imposed punishment?" Roscha mused out loud, "Don't you think the loss of your powers was punishment enough?"
Mako shrugged. "I suppose, but I didn't completely lose those either. Not only can I hear both yours and Ferris' thoughts in my head as loud as the Mos Eisley Cantina crowd. Recently I've been able to sense faintly Shiromy going on a rampage on Mandalore.And something else even fainter on New Cophuran" Roscha barely held back a gasp. "Don't get too excited, Dear. my abilities won't be coming back enough to even qualify me for the lowest of the Zhawn titles."
"Boss!!" Called out Ty as he walked over from the Sensors board. "We're picking up a distress signal. It's faint but it's one of ours."
"Where is it coming from?"
"Well this is the strange part it's coming from just outside the Malachor system, but we didn't leave any escape pods behind when we left the system."
"But if you didn't leave any escape pods then...no way it can't be." Mako said as his face brightened at the sudden realization.
"What is it Mako?" Roscha asked knowing that look all too well.
"It may only be a slight chance in hell but mabe just mabe that knucklehead is still alive."
"Who? Raynes? Or one of his troops?" Roscha shook her head "It's a miracle that Ferris managed to save you before you completely lost concousness and lost your grip on your shield on Vince's body to keep it from exploding. There's no way anyone else could have survived."
"Normally I'd agree, but Ferris made a short pit stop at nearby system just outside of Malachor to bring me inside the Miran before she joined back up with the fleet at Dantooine. Some one could have been picked up by the fold field."
"So do you plan on putting the whole taking over the ancient Sith Empire on hold so you can look for someone or something that might in fact be a trap?" Roscha asked.
"No, Ferris can handle things. Besides She'll be the one in charge of all of this anyway."
"Ok so when do we leave?"
"We? No dear, I will be leaving as soon as I get the message to Ferris and Kagato."
Roscha just shook her head. "And what do expect me to be doing while you're galavanting off across the galaxy alone?"
"I won't be alone I'll take J.D., and Wolf with me.You will be going to Mandalor to ensure your student doesn't get too enthusiastic with her new powers. There are others who are sensitive to us besides the Keepers. And I need you to ensure that we get something for lending Vince the services of Cantas and his flotilla of ships. I'm thinking Mantooine will be payment enough."
"Oh great the chaos will be once again unleashed, And why Mantooine."
"Well we control Dantooine, Tattooine, and Klantooine. I figure we might as well make it a matched set."
Power without perception is worthless and of no use.
Current WIP The Lost Fleet everything else is on hold.

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:08 pm

Carson watched as another Mandalorian frigate was consumed in a hail of light from the Venom's turbolasers. His crew was emboldened after seeing the Brutus destroyed up close, and the enemy fleet was crumbling. It's a shame these guys are so damn suicidal. We could use 'em.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Fett returned to the Mandalore. Her pod had been picked up by a shuttle. When she stepped out, she was greeted by Karvic, Rozik, Warhammer squadron and the rest of Berserker Wing. Karvic spoke first. "Commander Fett, I've received news of your actions. They were reckless and unnecessary. Even if Malzic had escaped, his ship's destruction, we could have intercepted him, put him on trial, and executed for his crimes." He then did a double-take. "Great Job! Challenging him face-to face like a true warrior. I didn't want that chakaar alive for a second longer anyway.'
Fett smiled. "I'd say I was just doing my duty, but I don't think you would agree."
Everyone chuckled. Then, Karvic's face became serious. "Our sensors have picked up a massive force heading the way of Empress Shiromy and her troops. We're also picking up some fighter-bombers, too. Those may be more than just a threat to the troops. If they're carrying warheads, and it's more than likely they are, they also could be dangerous to the corvettes."
"And nobody's told them yet?"
"We've tried, but we cant' contact any ground forces. The ESS, Viper, and Kaos fleets aren't reaching them either. We think they're being jammed by a jamming beacon, probably hidden on the surface."
Fett put on her helmet. "What are we waiting for, Berserker Wing? Looks like we have a little target practice and a jamming device to find. Let's show them how it's done! Oya!"
Wielder of The Spatula