Battle for Remora OOC

to immortalize all those epic battles we fought together...

Battle for Remora OOC

Major Wes Janson
Rear Admiral (Upper Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:31 pm

I kept looking at Battle of Remora III and wondering when we had Battles I and II, but then I realized it was a planet. <P>Looking at the old battles, a lot of the early ones are missing, including the ones with the origin of the Oriskany, Kearsage, Cantwell, and even the first 2 Executors. I may have overlooked the Stumbos alliance battle, but I didn't see that one. <P>I screwed up, and placed my timeline out of whack. Now I suppose my timeline is an AU. Some of this is my best guess: <P>11 BBY: Data from Centerpoint leads to discovery of a massive artifact, the Knossos gate<BR>5 BBY: First spatial rift charted by Corellian scouts<BR>3 BBY: Knossos gate activated in response to increased appearance of rifts <BR>2 BBY: Imperial forces at Corellia secede from Empire proper, establish empire over Corellian Sector<BR>1 BBY: First war with Stumbos Alliance<BR>0 ABY: Construction begins on Kearsage, Cantwell, and nearly 20 Nemesis class heavy cruisers<BR>1 ABY: Janson made heir to Supreme Commandership of Corellian Empire<BR>2 ABY: CE expands along major trade routes to encompass Kuat, Yag'dhul, and Tynna. <BR>3 ABY: Second War with the Stumbos Alliance. Territory expands to encompass territories from Balmorra to Talasea<BR>4 ABY: First contact with GTVA and Shivan forces from a large rift. GTVA technology captured, refitted, and reproduced. Technology added to existing vessels.<BR>5 ABY: First widespread use of GTVA designed vessels in the Corellian fleet. <BR>6 ABY: Admiral Wainwright dies, Janson becomes Supreme Commander of Corellian Empire. Kearsage and Cantwell completed, launched<BR>9 ABY: Corellia allies with General Trageton's forces. Kearsage and Cantwell both heavily damaged in combat<BR>11 ABY: Corellia cedes territory to General Trageton near deep core, ESS founded. Third Stumbos Alliance War. CE territory shrinks, now extends as far as Duro, Denon, Leria Kersil, and Colonies holdings. Kearsage and Cantwell fullr refitted and repaired<BR>12 ABY: First widespread use of Swordfish II interceptors and HW-001 walkers<BR>13 ABY(late): Battle of Adminis System, Cantwell stolen. Covenant encountered. Smart AI systems encountered. <BR>14 ABY(Early): Second battle of Adminis system.<p>[ 10 December 2006: Message edited by: Major Wes Janson ]
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

General Edor Crespin
Rear Admiral (Lower Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:35 pm

Ah, to have the will to write. :( :p
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:11 pm

Geeze, I always figured the Battle for Adminis was some 5 yrs after ESS foundation....? :D
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Design HQ | Vince T's X-Wing HQ | My Steam Workshop

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:17 pm

Well, I can fix that if needed. The big question for you is 10 years in the past from when? BoaS2?
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:11 pm

When was that anyway? Did I miss it? Or do you mean the second part of the BoaS story?

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:45 pm

Part II. <P>the early timeline would have been a lot easier if we still had some of those really early battles.
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:36 pm

Hmmm, nice thinking with that handshake code. I'll get my post done by tomorrow!

Major Derek Klivian
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Major Derek Klivian » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:09 am

this is got to lool into. :)
"Efficient use of effort." "When do we eat?" <P>Hobbie.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:41 pm

I always assumed you renamed those planets actually... :D<P>Hmm. Top level code to communicate with the Supreme commander. Too bad Jansons still just a Commodore right now :P
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:45 pm

That's why Sara 'deeply' hoped it would work ;)<P>I rather imagined it to be a personal code for high ranking officers, not bound to a position or title.<p>[ 10 December 2006: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:54 pm

Either way, I plan to have fun with it in my post I'm writing. <P>I wish I could remember the name of my old Supreme Commander :( You have a lot tighter grip on your continuity.<P>Guess I'll be renaming him :D
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:22 pm

Damn, never thought I'd ever pull off a Star Trek reference....

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:33 am

And you make me say it too! :D <P>Where exactly is Remora? <P>And the count should be 8 capital ships. 2 for Vince, and 6 (3 capital and 3 Carracks) for me. The third ship on Vince's list is a yacht.
Corellian Browncoat

BattleDog
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:24 pm

Carracks aren't Capital ships, they're more like destroyers, or frigates. Name not withstanding. So the count should be five.
Got rid of the sig, it was upsetting me.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:39 pm

Pickets I believe is the term. Just like a Nebulon-B
Corellian Browncoat

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:00 pm

Continuing the theme of references: a small halo 2 reference.<P>Oh and thanks Wes, I could really do with a proper flagship. :D
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:09 pm

Degaulle has enough of the suckers. I recall him having more than a dozen in one battle, long ago...<P>Strongest faction? Hecates are nice, but they are just heavy destroyers. That Vengeance still outguns us combined until the Night Raven arrives. And Vince has a 13 Km ship from 10 years in the future...<p>[ 12 December 2006: Message edited by: Major Wes Janson ]
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:53 pm

... which can do things like this...<BR> Image <P>I agree with Wes on that Vengeance ship. Sara surely were fine with having it captured instead of destroying it. I'm sure one could negotiate. The Black Scorpion could surely assist.<p>[ 12 December 2006: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Wes Janson:<BR><STRONG>Strongest faction? Hecates are nice, but they are just heavy destroyers. That Vengeance still outguns us combined until the Night Raven arrives. And Vince has a 13 Km ship from 10 years in the future...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The Empire thinks purely in terms of numbers, recent events have just proven them wrong :D <P>@GT, in that case I may have a proposotion for you soon...
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:40 pm

3 destroyers do not a battleship outmatch :D<P><BR>Hmm. This is looking to get one sided fast...<p>[ 13 December 2006: Message edited by: Major Wes Janson ]
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:56 pm

Well, as for now each group of ours by itself is rather small. Maybe, once BD brings in more alliance ships....

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:36 am

Does the Thrawn Pincer even exist yet? Ooh, if it doesn't, that could be the effects of the temporal distortion on Janson as future memories come flooding in because of his interaction with Sara, eh?
Eclipse

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:24 am

5 ABY? He's used it before. Since Outbound flight, actually. I figure Janson has met Thrawn a few times before Corellia split from the Empire.
Corellian Browncoat

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:23 pm

this battle is getting good. I think I'll sit on the sidelines and watch.
Power without perception is worthless and of no use.
Current WIP The Lost Fleet everything else is on hold.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:16 am

The more the merrier.
Corellian Browncoat