Shall we battle?

to immortalize all those epic battles we fought together...

Re: Shall we battle?

Major Wes Janson
Rear Admiral (Upper Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:30 pm

Welcome to the <I>Oriskany</I> Colonel Doriana. Are you bychance related to Kinman Doriana? I suppose the plesantries can wait. I am placing you in command of my bomber and strike fighter groups, barring the 3rd SOG. Chief, put me on comms. Attention all fighters. Until further notice, All strike fighter and bomber groups are under the command of Colonel Doriana. Interceptors and superiority fighters will remain under the jurisdiction of Colonel Evanrue. And the 3rd SOG will be under my direct command. I will be on channel 7, Colonel Evanrue will be on Channel 5, and Colonel Doriana will be on Channel 8. All fighters set your command frequencies accordingly." Janson turned to the guest and offered her a seat at the flight control station. "Take care of my pilots." He turned and walked briskly to the center chair. "Keep us at maximum range, and try to edge us closer to the boundries of the interdiction field." Suddenly the crew cheered, as the <I>Shadowkeeper</I> and her fleet arrived high above the other fleets. <P>The Ss-Ruuk carriers and their swarms of fighters slowly advanced. One carrier was bold, and accelerated ahead of the group, into range of the <I>Bastion</I>. Two beam turrets flared with a white light, and green lances shot out towards the carrier. They spashed onto shields, before burning through and punching a hole in the side of the ship. Stricken, the carrier tumbled off to port, it's engines and running lights flickering. The reactor, damaged by the blast, collapsed, and the ship vanished in a burst of light, debris, and radiation.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:07 pm

Admiral Darek Li'Mao observed from the bridge's observation deck the bright flash of death engulfing one of the foriegn carriers.<P>"Only ninety-nine more to take down...Sergeant, I want concentrated ion fire on the carriers, one by one. Have the Assault Frigates screen the ion frigates. Get the remainder of the fleet in Death's Head Formation."<P>The Sergeant nodded, and sent out the orders. The five ion frigates adjusted their angles of fire, and the five following beams of light struck the starboard hull of a carrier. The high concentration of such destructive power overwhelmed the shields, puncturing them in a heartbeat and burning through the hull plating with a sickening <I>boom</I> and a brilliant explosion.<P>For some seconds, Ssi-Ruuk were seen being sucked out into the vacuum, whence the ship exploded under the concentrated ion fire, engulfing the bodies and several passing fighter groups.<P>The rest of the fleet was moving into a semi-triangular formation. The <I>Heracles</I> was in the center, with the destroyers on its sides and ahead of it. The Torpedo Frigates hid beneath the <I>Heracles</I>, under the protection of its massive cannon batteries. The carriers were safely floating behind the <I>Heracles</I>, and the Infiltrator Frigates floated just over the flagship's starboard and port anti-fighter batteries.<P>"Assault frigates are in position, sir. Shall I give the order?"<P>The Admiral watched as swarms of enemy fighters lit up the holodisplay.<P>"Open fire."<P>The assault frigates opened their batteries. Within seconds, the space in which the swarm flew was filled with great flashes of exploding flak, the audio equipment in the ship playing it back as faint <I>boomph, boomph</I> sounds.
<B><A HREF="http://stellatus.net" TARGET=_blank>Stellatus.net</A></B><BR>My online portfolio

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:08 pm

"Return fire."<P>The Ssi-Ruuvi carriers all began their life-powered onslaught, each beam more powerful than a comparable sized beam from any other system. They ripped through smaller support ships, and many of the Ion Frigates and other small warships harrying them, but most of the bigger ships were too far out to do much good against them.<P>And the Jedi was constantly pulling more human life into their systems. One from a disabled fighter here, another from a bridge section there... pretty soon one full bomber squad was destroyed. The Jedi was forced to try and focus on some of the interceptors and superiority fighters, but couldn't grasp them because of their speed.<P>"More. More. We need more humans." The commanding Ssi-ruuvi said calmly into his comm. "Filthy as they are, they must be transcended to our cause. Entech them!"<P>And the Jedi redoubled his efforts, unconscious of the turmoil he was causing.<P>------------------<P>"Admiral Janson! This is <I>Black Vortex</I>! We'd appreciate any cover you can send us!" Garren finished his message before he cried, "Sagara!" The officer had just collapsed in his seat. "Get someone to navigations, pronto! Blissex, can you plot us a course out of here? At least away from the Ssi-Ruuk?"<P>"No, sir, not a jump. They've powered up grav wells."<P>"Emperor's sithspawn black bones! Get us the dark heart of the Sith out of here! We're being chewed apart!"<P>It was true. The shields were failing in several places. Had the ship been an ISD I, it would be dead already. "Full sublight away! And send a message through the ship! Transfer all available power to shields. Even gravity if we have to. <I>We must survive this battle.</I>"<P>With that, Garren strapped in and prepared for a feeling of weightlessness.<P>------------<P>Meanwhilst, Vortex squadron was getting dangerously close to the alien cruisers. "Three, watch that turret right there!"<P><I>Blam!</I> "What turret, sir?"<P>"Showoff. Snap it up; give <I>Vortex</I> all the cover you can! Give them something else to worry about!"<P>And Vortex Seven, missing his wingman, and best friend, kicked in his custom SLAM system and let loose with all his warheads and lasers, putting his laser recharge on full. <I>My quantum armor should protect the ship well enough; and even if it doesn't, well, then I'm coming to meet you, Don.</I> "Gaaaaaaahhhh!!!!"<p>[ 23 February 2004: Message edited by: Draco429 ]
Eclipse

General Edor Crespin
Rear Admiral (Lower Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:11 pm

"My father, in fact. But yes, more pressing issues right now," she replied, and then listened in silence to his orders. "Your trust is appreciated, Admiral. With luck, it won't be misplaced," and then took her seat at the console and put on a headset that was hanging at the side. "All right, here's what we're going to do. Follow the United Worlds' lead, and I want all Missile Boats and Ursa Bombers to concentrate on one target at a time. TIE Avengers and TIE Defenders cover the bombers as needed. Force be with us," she said, and switched channel. "<I>Shadowkeeper</I>, this is Colonel Doriana. Admiral Janson has placed me in command of most of his fighters. Doriana out."<P>The fighter and bomber squadrons accelerated towards the oncoming Ssi-ruuk fleet and their accompanying fighters. A small flicker among the Missile Boats and Ursa Bombers, and a salvo of missiles was away. Soon, too soon, the Ssi-ruuk fighters had reached the Corellian Empire's fighters, and the dance of death began.<P>***<P>"Sir, transmission from <I>Oriskany</I>. It's Colonel Doriana, Admiral Janson has placed her in command of most of his fighter squadrons."<P>"Acknowledged, Captain," Crespin said, facing the viewport. His hands were clasped behind his back and his feet were spread, he looked as if he would stand out all but the most violent of tremors.<P><BR>The fleet continued their course into the system, the <I>Shadowkeeper</I>'s dagger shape a menacing non-reflective black that blotted out the stars and left only it's running lights visible to any that looked on the visual spectrum.
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:33 pm

By now, the UWN fleet was in combat range of the swarm.<P>"All ships, prepare for combat."<P>The destroyers flared their maneuvering thrusters, shutting down their primary engines. They turned themselves sideways, and fired up the secondary engines on the starboard side of the ship. They were now hurtling towards the swarm, flying sideways, all their guns at the ready. <P>Both the <I>Evicerator</I> and <I>Emancipator</I> had been eliminated, their glowing hulks floating behind the fleet now. The remaining three ion frigates continued to concentrate their fire upon the Ssi-Ruuk carriers.<P>the forward batteries of the <I>Heracles</I> were within range of the swarm and forwardmost carriers now. The automatic anti-fighter cannons initiated. They were smaller versions of the mighty ion cannons, firing quick, highly concentrated beams in rapid succession. Only seconds after they activated, space was literally filled with dozens of blue beams, a laser light show of death. Ssi-Ruuk fighters burst into flame left and right. But more kept coming.<P>The destroyers opened up with their flak cannons, spraying the swarm with the explosive clouds. Each of the four missile tubes on the tops of the destroyers opened, and each released a single hawkeye torpedo (equivelent of a proton torp), speeding away toward the forwardmost of the carriers.<P>Suddenly, on the bridge of the <I>Heracles</I> an officer yelled out, "Admiral, I'm detecting strange energy fluctuations coming from this Ssi-Ruuk ship."<P>The officer punched something into his console, and moments later one of the carriers turned a bright green on the holodisplay.<P>The energy fluctuations ceased. And the officer was dead.<P>(Dunno if that is valid or not. Trying to get a lead as to which ship the Jedi is on.)
<B><A HREF="http://stellatus.net" TARGET=_blank>Stellatus.net</A></B><BR>My online portfolio

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:01 am

[OOC]: I get the feeling there may be more than one Jedi<BR>[IC]: Janson watched as his fighter group slowly dwindled in numbers. The superiority werethe hardest hit, because the bombers had been using missiles and synaptic bombs on anything that twiched between them and the target. Colonel Doriana had the bombers split into three strike groups, all concentrating on one target at a time. The tactic was working, as a salvo of Helios bombs evaporated another carrier. Definately overkill, but that was little concern right now. A second carrier exploded from a missile boat group launching torpedoes. Janson's large ships were hanging back, engaging everything at range. Heavy flak guns added to the fire from the <I>Heracules</I> group. Ssi-Ruuk fighters were hit hard, especially the ones that closed with Jansons battlewagons. Anti-fighter beams from the Aeolis cruisers and Ticonderoga frigates ripped through enemy formations, and the star destroyers were concentrating all small guns onto distinct fire lanes, forming sheets of fire that destroyed anything that tried to approach from that direction. But there were still casulties. The Star Destroyer <I>Brave</I> was caught by a swarm of fighters and missiles, overwhelming its shields. The ship slowly succumbed to enemy fire, drifting out with hundreds of gaping holes venting flame. In addition, all three dreadnaughts were now gone, having moved too close to the actual carrier groups. They had been disabled and apparently captured. But the Ssi-ruuk were down to around seventy some odd carriers. Maybe the combined fleets had a chance now.
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:07 am

"I think now is the time, Daz."<BR>"Way ahead of you mate. The databurst is away. Janson should be decoding it now. Let's hope he makes it look realistic."<BR>"Let us hope he actually acts on it first..."<BR>"Oh, yeah. It never occured to me he wouldn't."<BR>"Well, we should know soon."
End of line...

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:27 pm

OOC: Three. :p But that's all. I can't be too much of a godmoder. :p I'm at school right now; I'll write more when I get home. Just thought I'd give enough info for you guys.<P>And OPT, sure. Why not? But the main ship with the only Jedi <I>in system</I> (the other two are on backup just outside) is beyond the rim of cruisers (say thirty or fourty klicks at least, and that's on the far edge of the ring. (So, about 80-90 klicks)
Eclipse

Bunita Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:36 pm

[OOC]Sorry for being away for a couple of days. I just got through a hard drive replacement. I came up with a good excuse though! :p j/k![/OOC]<BR>Grand Admiral Ronin woke up on the Infirmary table. He had been knocked unconscious by the blast.<BR>"What happened?"<BR>"Sir, the Ssi-Ruuk ship exploded and a whole fleet hypered in. The fleet has made it to the platform."<BR>"What of the two ISD's?"<BR>"They bugged out. They're at the platform, too. The <I>Saruzin</I> surivied the blast, but engines are temporarily disabled. Fighters have been deployed."<BR>"Make sure they have shields up. We can't afford any losses...Do they have a Jedi?"<BR>"Several ships have been rendered inoperable, so it is safe to assume they have a Jedi."<BR>"Give me a magnetic reading."<BR>"Sir...there is a 22-mile blip on the screen. An <I>unknown</I> 22-mile blip."<BR>"Assume it as a friendly ESSD. Radio for assistance."<BR>"Give me a communications wave scan."<BR>"Admiral, there are steady comms waves coming from the new ESSD. Admiral DeGaulle's ESSD is dormant."<BR>"It's a decoy. Call in several more ISD's from the Dreighton platform. We're going to need all the help we can get."<BR>The Grand Admiral headed for his customized TIE Chiss Clawcraft. Made from special alloys, it is rare in Imperial arsenals. The Grand Admiral removed his black starfighter corps dress uniform and donned the Imperial Flightsuit. He had reached the rank of Grand Admiral in the Starfighter Corps. The Chiss's alloys repelled Ssi-Ruuk entenchment beams, making his ship quite rare. It also had shields of increased power and a modified engine, giving him great speed and maneurverability.<p>[ 25 February 2004: Message edited by: Grand Admiral Ronin ]
"Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known..."

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:18 am

With the fleets taking heavy losses, 25 Ssi-Ruuvi carriers had managed to break through and were heading for the station. On board the station, Jit the sensors officer and Daz the comms officer watched the approach through their consoles.<P>"Their trajectories are going to have them pass right over the scaffholding arms, just where we want them."<BR>"Comms channel to all teams're open. When do we start?"<BR>Jit studied his sensor display, and checked the distance to the enemy carriers.<BR>"Command to teams Alpha, Beta and Gamma. Alpha, Commence firing... Now! Beta in 20 Seconds! Gamma in 30 seconds"<P>In the space surrounding the shipyard, the gun emplacements quietly orbiting the core flared to life. Moving towards the enemy fleet, they opened fire. Angry green streaks of energy lanced through space to the Ssi-Ruuvi carriers. The carriers began to return fire, and soon the emplacements began to take damage.<P>"Teams Beta, Now!"<P>Just as some of the emplcaements began to fail, the carriers moved over the scaffholding. As they came in range, the few active ships, including the elements of Jansons fleet, began to fire from their places in the drycocks.<BR>The carriers obviously expected this though, and quickly moved to keep the arms of the scaffholding between them and the ships firing at them.<P>"They are falling for it Daz!"<BR>"Gamma teams, Now!"<P>Turrets all over the station and scaffholds began to activate, and soom the carriers were surrounded by turbolaser fire. Now though, they began to take the station seriously. Countless Ssi-Ruuvi fighters began to swarn the stations defenses, and one by one the turrets of the station and defending starships, and the mobile gun emplacements began to explode. Soon, a good portion of the gun emplacements were disabled or destroyed, and the defending starships were moving out of the scaffholds trying to find cover as their defenses were destroyed. Several never even made it out of drydock, and the explosions sent pices of scaffholding flling in all directions.<P>"The enemy ships are fully in range, and the fighters are saturated through the scaffhold network. They are ignoring the ships that haven't begun firing!"<BR>"Then it's time. Engineering teams, NOW! Delta teams, fire when ready! Concentrate on the fighters!"<P>All over the scaffholding network, the cylindrical constructs that were the auxiliary reactors, began to light up. One by one, spreading out from the core, the 'dead' starships under construction began to light up as the energy from the nearest reactor reached them. The two dormand SSD's lit up as well. For a moment, everything was still, serene. Like things were happening in slow motion. Then, still in slow motion, the SSD's released a broadside of turbolaser blasts and torpedos at the nearest SSi-Ruuvi carriers, just above them. Under the massive barrage, the carriers shields began to overload, and soon failed. Their hulls were torn assunder under the bombardment, and soon they were nothing more than smoking cinders. One by one, the remaining ships began to open fire as well, and the space around them was filled with explosions as the fighters were annihilated at point black range. Soon, half the Ssi-Ruuvi fighters were gone. Those of the enemy ships that realised what happened, began to fire on the subsidiary reactors. Those that did were quickly attacked, and the new shielding around the reactors held. Caught off guard by each wave of the attack the Ssi-Ruuvi were taking heavy losses as their fleet fell apart into disorganisation and chaos. As the 4th carrier was hulled, they began to pull back, to regroup.<P>"All fighters launch! Follow you assigned targets! All ships, fire at will!"<P>From the stations numerous hangars, and from those ships that had them, hundreds of starfighters of all types launched. The fighters began to engage the Ssi-Ruuvi fighters, and bombers began to swarm-attack the retreating carriers.<P>By the time the enemy had pulled back and regrouped, over half of the forces attacking the station had been destroyed. Then, however, the Ssi-Ruuvi began their counterattack. And this time, they targeted just the reactors. As the first one went down under continuous fire from the 10 surviving carriers, four of the ISD IIIs stopped firing as they lost power.<P>"We're loosing reactors!"<BR>"Order all teams to shut down all non-essential systems, the reroute the surplus power!"<BR>"On it!"<P>As non-essenital systems throughout the station and attached starships were shut down, power returned to the momentarily disabled ISD's. Those ships that had the power to run their own weaponry did so, but some of the weaker, heavily incomplete ships were being attacked mercilessly, and the smaller ships were often crippled in seconds of fire. There was only so many reactors they could loose before ships were powered down permanently, and the balance was tipped in their disfavour...<p>[ 26 February 2004: Message edited by: Phoenix ]
End of line...

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:10 pm

A key power node on the station was heavily under attack by a trio of Ssi-ruuk carriers. They poured blue fire into the shields surrounding the relay, causing them to flicker and shrink. If this relay went out, the power would be cut to a full quarter of the ships. Suddenly a a full two dozen lances of light flared into the three carriers, quickly overwhelming them and causing them to explode in a spectacular fashion. When the fireball faded, the <I>Bastion</I>, <I>Knox</I>, and <I>Fury</I> all turned their attention back to the ships outside the shipyard perimiter. Using the Aegis IV command computer, the ships in Janson's fleet were working in concert to eliminate ships quickly. The three large ships were one group, the <I>Oriskany</I> and two remaining star destroyers were a second, and the remaining smaller ships, 8 Ticonderogas and 5 Aeolis, were a third. His fighter forces were under SEWACS support, but were still down to 60% strength. The good news was that of the two wings of Swordfih fighters, Janson had lost exactly 11. And 13 damaged. 1/6 of the two wings were out of action, But the 13 could be repaired. And they had been taking a toll on the enemy. Two carriers and untold numbers of fighters were counted as kills to the 3rd SOG. The most amusing part was the several messages Janson had recieved from pilots of the Tie Avengers and one group of Tie Defenders sent to escort them, complaining that the Swordfish were constantly out manueverign and outrunning them. Just them a boradside form the <I>Bold</I> hit a Carrier close to it, which shuddered and spun out of control. Th ecarrier was only half the size of the Star Destroyer, but it hit the shields and exploded. The shields collapsed, and the explosion ripped into the superstructure of the <I>Bold</I>. The command tower bent, and the turret guns simply melted. The Starboard rear corner looked like it had been ripped out by a giant hand.
Corellian Browncoat

General Edor Crespin
Rear Admiral (Lower Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:15 am

[OOC]What's projecting the gravity well again, just DeGaulle's ESSSD?[/OOC]<P>The fleet was roughly a minute away from contact with the Ssi-ruuk.<P>"Captain, all fighters from all ships to launch now and engage the Ssi-ruuk. Overwhelming firepower is about the only thing we have that's effective against them. Fighters cover the bombers as needed. Have the MC-90s and MC-75s work together, supported by their fighter and bomber complements, but warn them to stick close to the <I>Shadowkeeper</I> in case we get in trouble. The <I>Shadowflame</I>, <I>Starfire</I>, <I>Majestic</I>, and <I>Legacy</I>, along with <I>Centuria</I> and <I>Catapault</I>, are to engage this group of Ssi-ruuk here," Edor said, tapping a section of the screen. The aforesaid unit was in combat with a small group of the shipyards' defenses, and the Imperials were losing. "<I>Steadfast</I> and <I>Valour</I> with the <I>Dominion</I> and the <I>Glorious</I> are to go to the shipyard's defense. The captain of the <I>Steadfast</I> is to be in charge of the squadron, have him contact the shipyard. The <I>Indictor</I> and the <I>Disruptor</I> are to stay back out of the battle, along with six of the Corellian Corvettes to cover them. Everyone else is remain in formation with the <I>Shadowkeeper</I>, and we're going to engage the bulk of the Ssi-ruuk fleet."<P>***<P>With slow and majestic ease, the ISDIIIs and their assigned Lancer Frigates peeled off, and headed toward the shipyard, a cloud of starfighters flying ahead as if they were being pushed by the starships. They got within range of the Ssi-ruuk carriers, and waves of turbolaser battery fire that coalesced into tight cones of deadly green light pulsed out from the Star Destroyers, vaporizing the smaller Ssi-ruuk starfighters that happened to get in the way, and imploding the shields of their chosen targets and then vaporizing the whole ship. The Lancer Frigates opened fire a few seconds later, tight needles of energy stabbing out at the small but deadly pyramids that danced among the larger starships, several squadrons of the Hegemon's own starfighters chasing after them while the rest protected the bombers that were also attacking the carriers. Soon, several Hegemon starfighters stopped maneuvering, and simply continued on whatever course they had been on, some crashing into Star Destroyers' shields, others vaporized by Ssi-ruuk starfighters, some simply heading out into nowhere.<P>"Admiral... Perick, this is Commander Deloi of the Star Destroyer <I>Steadfast</I>. We've been assigned to cover the shipyard, let us know where we're needed. <I>Steadfast</I> out."<P>***<P>The <I>Shadowkeeper</I> and her escorts followed the same tactics as the first squadron. Massive waves of turbolaser battery fire punctuated by missile and torpedo trails flashed out from the <I>Shadowkeeper</I>. Anything smaller than a starship that was in the line of fire was instantly annihilated. Hundreds of starfighters, both Hegemon, ally, and Ssi-ruuk, clouded the space around the <I>Shadowkeeper</I>, striving to evade both enemy starfighters and the massed turbolaser fire while at the same time get their target in their sights long enough to destroy them. The elite TIE Defender squadrons flashed in and out of the battle, taking the Ssi-ruuk with them, and managing to evade those targeting them. TIE Avengers, while not as nimble, were still holding their own whilst the older X-Wings, E-Wings, and Assault Gunboats were forced to work together. The Y-Wings...<P>Edor frowned, studying the tactical display. "Captain... Pull the Y-Wings back. We're losing too many, too fast. Have them stay in positions where we can cover them. Notify all fighters that if they get damaged, have them return for repairs... Reinforce shields in sections G2, S9, and L1. Reroute power from nonessential units when needed.<P>***<P>The Ssi-ruuvi responded to this new threat industriously. Their carriers' ion beams flashed out, primarily at the starships, but also at the smaller starfighters. Portions of shields on all the starships flickered and died, some for only a few seconds as backup units were brought online, others permanently. The <I>Firestorm</I> became the victim of mass attack as the Ssi-ruuvi caught on to their tactics. It's shields fluttered for several seconds and then died completely. Many escape pods shot away from the doomed ship, but surprisingly, it didn't explode although fires were visible breaking out in several places, until the oxygen burnt out. The Ssi-ruuvi halted their fire when the shields dropped, and small shuttle craft left several of the closest carriers and headed for the immobile Star Destroyer. Such a prize in both technology and life power warranted the risk...
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Bunita Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:57 pm

Grand Admiral Ronin's fleet slowly edged out out of the shipyard. The <I>Grazan</I>-cruisers launched countless fighters. The TIE Lancers headed for the carriers, while the TIE Defenders headed for the fighters. The Battle Droids were no match for the Defender's, and several hundred were reduced to a smouldering pile of rubble. The new anti-radiation missiles worked well against the droids, but the older veterans wonderded if they had "killed" their entenched comrades. The Ssi-Ruuk had been attacking the control node relentlessly. Lancer Frigates positioned themselves in front of the node. As the confused Ssi-Ruuk began attacking them, the TIE Lancers attacked from behind, destroying the carriers. A full thirty-three Ssi-Ruuk ships had been destroyed, making thier job a third of the way complete.<BR>***<BR>The damaged <I>Saruzin</I> still hadn't been repaired. Although stationary, the turbolasers had been operational. The hanger spewed fourth many TIE Avenger fighters, led by Grand Admiral Ronin in his TIE Chiss. Deadly turbolasers spewed fourth from the hardpoints on the wings. Another carrier disappeared into space from the pressure of the fighters. <BR>"Comms from the <I>Saruzinn</I>, sir"<BR>"Patch it through."<BR>"Sir, the reactors are nearly repaired. The ISD-III's are operational. The fleet is at your command."<BR>"Nice feint with the Lancer's, Captain. Order the ISD's to the <I>Saruzin's</I> aid. Notify me when the ship is operational. Grand Admiral Ronin out"
"Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known..."

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:20 pm

There was a flash and suddenly Vince found himself surrounded by massive capital ships. Tearring his Victory MK2 to port he just avoided frontal collision with one of the ISD's command bridge.<BR>"Damn, I knew I shouldn't have taken that worm hole shortcut!"<BR>trying to turn around Vince gained a brief look at his cargo hold. The raw eggs still were whole. He activated his comm system and went on a broadcast channel.<BR>"This is General Vince Trageton to unknown starships. May I ask what's the reason for this assembly?"<BR>While he was speeking he elegantly slided between the massive ships and took sensor recordings - just a habit.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Design HQ | Vince T's X-Wing HQ | My Steam Workshop

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:11 pm

[OOC]Vince, lol :D [/OOC]<P>The three remaining ion frigates had gotten the closest to the Carrier wall than any other group from the UWN fleet. Their beams ripped through the shields with ease when concentrated, and the fighters would then pour into the gap and proceed to decimate the carriers.<P>"Shields are down, lets move on!" ordered the Captain of the lead frigate. The three ships gunned maneuvering thrusters, and moved off to the next one.<P>The six destroyers, ahead of the <I>Heracles</I>, moved up now, flanked by three of the six heavy torpedo frigates.<P>The destroyers opened up their kinetic weapons, the projectiles no longer detered by shielding. They ripped through the hulls of vulnerable carriers with savage efficiency, not in the clean-cut fashion of an energy weapon. The hulls were shredded, literally lacerated. Under a swarm of projectiles, a crippled carrier crumpled and split in two. There was a momentary flash, and the forward half erupted in flame, swallowing the drifting rear half.<P>"Admiral, we are in range."<P>The Admiral observed the battle, and gave the order. "Open up the batteries."<P>The two anti-starship dual-ion cannons of the <I>Heracles</I> flashed brilliant blue, and both turrets realeased two beams of blue light. The four beams lashed out at the vulnerable carriers, their turrets moving them about, ripping into a ship here and there, catching a squadron of unlucky Ssi-Ruuk fighters as they passed.<P>"Admiral Li'Mao, the <I>Athena</I> battlegroup reports that they have been alerted to standby on the edge of the system. They report that they can see the lights from the battle at their current distance, and they will be within visual range in approximately four standard hours."<P>The <I>Athena</I> was a prototype ship, a battlecruiser of a newer design than the <I>Heracles</I>. It was not necessarily stronger, however it had a completely different weapons loadout. It was also much slimmer horizontally than the <I>Insurmountable</I>-class, of which the <I>Heracles</I> was one, providing a much smaller target when attacking head-on<P><B>Ship Information</B><BR><I>Olympian</I>-class Heavy Battlecruiser<BR><B>Weapons Loadout</B><BR><B>Two</B> anti-starship single-ion beam turrets (Starboard and Port)<BR><B>Eight</B> fusion-missile tubes (Topside)<BR><B>Four</B> anti-fighter lance beam arrays (Two port, two starboard)<BR><B>One</B> <I>Trinity</I>-class Supercannon (Bow)<P><B>Fighter Capacity</B><BR>Six Interceptor groups<BR>Four bomber groups<P> Image<p>[ 26 February 2004: Message edited by: One Point Two ]

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:27 pm

[OOC]JUst a quick point about the Shipyard<P>The 'Power Nodes', or 'Control Nodes' as some of you put it, are reactors used to power starships in dock that cannot power themselves. They are in an interconnected network, so destroying <I>any</I> one will not do anything. If several are lost, ships will start to power down because there won't be enough power to go round.<P>I guess I didn't explain it well enough earlier on.<P>Question. Do we have an accurate count on the number of Ssi-Ruuvi ships destroyed? In my last piece, 25 Carriers and their fighters attacked the station, and 15 carriers and about half those fighters were destroyed.<P>Question the second. What happened to the ESSD?<BR>[/OOC]<P>--------------------<P>The battle had moved.<BR>While the majority of the combatants were still distant, they had moved significantly closer to the shipyard. The beating it was taking from the 10 Ssi-Ruuvi carriers that survived the initial attack had eased off when Janson and Crespin sent reinforcements. The elements of Ronin's fleet at the shipyard that were forced to retreat during the early stages of the attack had regrouped and returned as well, further strengthening the defense.<BR>The Ssi-Ruuvi had been reinforced as well. <BR>A large portion of the fleets now surrounded the shipyard. The space between the starships, fighters, and scaffholding was filled with turbolaser fire so dense only the bravest (or must stupid) starfighter pilots entered it. Reactors all over the station had been damaged or destroyed, and a great many of the starships docked there had been disabled as a result. Power had been rerouted, giving priority to the larger starships, and those with functional shielding, but the disabled and unshielded ones were beginning to attract undue attention...<P>"Daz, come here a sec..."<BR>Daz kicked at his desk, and his chair rolled accross the floor to the sensor station where Jit was studying the readouts intently.<BR>"Yes?"<BR>Jit pointed at a selection of blips on the screen.<BR>"What d'ya make of this?"<BR>Daz just looked at Jit.<BR>"There are thousands of blips on that screen, you will have to be more specific."<BR>Jit tapped at the controls, and the sensor schematic was replaced with a video image. It was focused on a Ssi-Ruuvi carrier. A number of large ships of some kind were exiting it, and moving slowly towards a number of disabled and shieldless ISD IIIs and Frigates docked in the area.<BR>"They're too big to be fighters Daz, and they're moving too slowly."<BR>"They read as having minimal armament as well... Boarding Craft!"<BR>"Oh Crap!"<BR>Daz sprinted back to his station, and quickly configured the broadcast he needed.<BR>"Command to All teams! Abandon the shieldless starships immediately! Ssi-Ruuvi boarding craft are approaching! Dock in the Station core if possible, if not, any other friendly starship! Those of you on a shielded ship or on the station, target the boarding craft!"<BR>Reconfiguring the channel with lightning speed, Daz sent out another broadcast.<BR>"Ras Algethi Shipyard to all friendly ships, Ssi-Ruuvi boarding craft are heading for the docked ships! We need assistance! We aren't equipped to repel boarders anywhere but the station proper!"<BR>Within seconds, fighters, shuttles, transports, and even utility tugs of all kinds began leaving the hangars of the disabled starships. Countless escape pods launched also, and far too many of these were shot down as they tried to make to to safety, or as they queued at the stations hangars.<BR>"Jit, we need more firepower! They are destroying the escape pods!"<BR>"Way ahead of ya! Without the shieldless starships, we've got a power surplus. I'm reactivating some of the disabled ships, and setting their defenses to automatic. I have repair teams working on the damaged reactors!"<BR>"We need more than that..."<BR>Daz reactivated the comms channel.<BR>"Shipyards to all friendly ships, the escape pods are being destoryed, we need more covering fire!"
End of line...

Bunita Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:44 pm

"General Vince Trageton, this is Grand Admiral Ronin of the Imperial forces. What is your business here? As you can see, we are slightly occupied here, but if you would like to lend a hand, your help will be graciously welcomed. Another thing, why are you carrying raw eggs?"<BR>The <I>Saruzin's</I> engines hummed to life as the relieved engineer sighed. Grand Admiral Ronin's flagship was fully operational.<BR>"Sir, the <I>Saruzin</I> is fully operational. What are your orders?"<BR>"Engage the Ssi-Ruuk Carriers and give me an inter-sectorial scan."<BR>Along with many minor blips, two dots 90k out showed up on his flight controller.<BR>"Gamma group, follow me! I've found the Jedi! Captain, there is a Jedi in-system. Send out a TIE Vanguard to inspect the carriers. Delta group, escort it. Alpha and Beta squads, keep up the good work. Prepare the Zeram-class cruisers to destroy the carrier with the Jedi on it. Wait..."<BR>"Send the ISD's to the platform's aid. Alpha and Beta squadrons, take out the boarding ships. If the Ssi-Ruuk get ahold of an ISD, they could enter any Imperial-controlled system and wreak havoc. Radio DeGaulle and tell him to turn his gravity wells off. Send it to both of his ESSD's. We might just win here after all."<BR>Grand Admiral Ronin's TIE Chiss screamed off into the fray. Green lasers dissapated onto a Ssi-Ruuk Carrier's hull. An explosion echoed through space. The carrier had disappeared in a ball of fire. The fire quicky suffocated from lack off oxygen. TIE Lancer's continued to send blue blasts of nuclear power from their launcher. The red glow of Ras Algethi was an ironic display of the blood that would be spilt here.<p>[ 26 February 2004: Message edited by: Grand Admiral Ronin ]

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:06 pm

Vince made a face. "I'm transporting raw eggs, because I just came back from the supermarked and your gravity wells, pulled me out of my way back home, damnit!"<BR>Sweaping through the chaos Vince watched the battle rage, while waiting for the two dual DIP cannons to charge up.<BR>"So I suppose you are the good guys and those Ssi-Ruuk are the baddies, right? OK, count me in. If you need any further assistance, I've got a full UPMF task force standing by at home."<BR>With these words Vince sped up and blasted through the crossfire towards one of the Ssi Ruuk Carriers. With a beep the DIP reported full charge and he unleashed the blue rapid fire on his target, tearing deep scars into its hull.<BR>He activated his comm and switched to a translight channel.<BR>"Yo, Ray, Vince here. Get your boys ready and head to my coords, we got some fun here!"<p>[ 27 February 2004: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:37 pm

With a great brilliant flash the <I>Athena</I> leaped into the system, approximately two kilometers beyond the reach of the hyperspace inhibitors. It was below the carrier fleet, flying vertical in relation to the positions of the other ships. <P>"Welcome to the battle, Athena." Admiral Li'Mao greeted. "I trust you have handled the ship well, Commodore Staedtler?"<P>"Aye, Admiral. You all look like you could use a hand."<P>"Aye, we could."<P>Commodore Staedtler was one of the most decorated officers of the United Worlds Naval Forces. The victor of more than four dozen battles with the Scattered Worlds, he was well on his way to becoming an Admiral. He currently commanded the United Worlds Third Defense Fleet in its entirety. He was chosen to command the <I>Athena</I> personally by Darek Li'Mao, until Darek himself would take command, after which Staedtler would recieve the <I>Heracles</I>, the most decorated of UWN ships.<P>"Commodore, the trinity cannon is charged." the tactical officer alerted.<P>"Let us choose a target, then."<P>The Commodore highlighted a carrier near the center of the fleet. He nodded to the tactical officer, who began lining up the trinity cannon.<P>There were three great red flashes from the bow of the <I>Athena</I>, and then three immense fuschia bolts of energy leaped out at the carrier. The first punched through the shields, and the second and third ripped through the ships hull and interior, splitting it open. Not a second later, the ship exploded, swallowing an already crippled carrier nearby.<P>"Begin charging up the trinity gun again. Get the fusion missile tubes loaded. Scramble the fighters."

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:44 pm

OOC: Man, I don't have to do anything; you guys are killing yourselves off for me!<P>IC: "They've found us!" a Pweck (sp?) cried at a sensor station.<P>"Send some of the fighters out in a kamikaze run; destroy the bridges of each of the larger ships. We won't have to worry about them. And entech any fighter pilots moving slow enough for the Jedi to work; bombers won't get past him."<P>"Right away!"<P>-------------------<P>The larger ships that were approaching the enormous Ssi-Ruuk ships suddenly experienced a loss in communications and navigations, as well as an explosion in the bridge area.<P>Which Vortex Eight saw firsthand.<P>"Sir, we can't survive much longer out here!" came the call from someone in an auxiliary bridge.<P>"Set the ship into a ramming course; then get to an escape pod!"<P>"Yes, sir!"<P><I>Ramming...</I> Remembering the rare fighter's quantum armor, Vortex Eight turned his ship directly toward what he hoped was the bridge of the Ssi-Ruuvi ship. "Die!" He engaged his SLAM and rammed the ship. Emerging very jostled, but equally ready for these lizards to be gone, he went around for another pass.<P>This one he didn't survive; his transparisteel cockpit shattered and sliced him; he was dead before he registered the pain.<P>------------------<P>"Coming out of lightspeed in three... two... one..."<P>The <I>Event Horizon</I> emerged near the two Ssi-Ruuvi ships; immediately it began firing and was answered with incredible fire.<P>"Aramon, you have command; I'm going out in my <I>Sakabatou</I>!" Kieran cried.<P>Without waiting for a salute, Kieran ran toward the private hangar. "Hangar Bay 1, prep the <I>Sakabatou</I>!"<P>"Yes, sir."<P>When he arrived at the hangar, the fighter was ready for him. He jumped in and took off.<P>OOC: Alright, guys, get rid of the Ssi-Ruuvi; I'm not cut out to be a villain. I'm getting bored. Either I godmode or I lose like a wimp. I'll wimp. Just have DeGaulle and Crespin take me out.
Eclipse

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:08 pm

The high powered energy salvos tore another Ssi Ruuvi fighter apart, while Vince sweaped through the close ship formations. Seeing the bridge of one of the major Ssi Ruuvi ships on fire after one of the allied fighters had crashed into it, he saw his chance. Speeding up he dumb-aimed at the burning construction and sent off two pairs of missiles. Passing the bridge, Vince watched the mighty ship lose controll and start drifting.<BR>One cruiser down, he noted to himself.<BR>Before his sensors could warn him, Vince already knew of what they'd pick up and sharply broke to the right, just before a wave of energy grabbed for him.<BR>He counted three.<BR>Flying a tight loop he suddenly stopped all engines and activated backboosters that rapidly brought him to a full stop with his followers right in his sight.<BR>He counted two ... one.<BR>The last one was smart, sped up and broke out to the left. Vince regained speed and went after him. The Fighter bounced and spun before him trying to avoid a lock.<BR>They were flying towards a smaller Ssi Ruuvi Carrier. That lizard tried to make Vince accidentally crash into the cruiser. <I>Well, that's a game for two!</I>. When they were like a third click away, Vince locked the snub with his tractor beam and smilingly watched the unmaneuverable fighter crash into the cruiser.<P>OOC: heh, my favorite trick in TIE Fighter :D

ESF_Capt_Panaka
Lieutenant

Post by ESF_Capt_Panaka » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:04 pm

"3..2..1..Fold in."<P>A new fleet of 30 ships folded in from fold space near the fleets.<BR>The ships had never been seen in this part of space and would be unknown to the others except for the ssi-Ruuvi.<BR>The UN SPACY had been fighting a war on the other side of the galaxy, in what was called wild space, with the large lizards. A war that had not gone well for for the Ssi-Ruuvi.<P>Now Max Jenuis, captain of the newly build Battle 7-B and admiral of the Macross 7 Taskforce was sitting behind his command console. His mission to hunt down surviving lizard fleets that were trying to rebuild there forces.<BR>"Open a channel to the flag ships of the other fleets." <BR>Once the comm officer nodded he started.<BR>"This is Admiral Max Jenuis of the UN Spacy Macross 7 taskforce. We are at war with those Lizards and will provide assitance in your battle. Afterwards we can exchane pleasantries."<BR>He gestured to end the connection.<P>After surveying the situation for a few seconds he started giving his orders.<BR>Order the stealth fregates to deploy in front of the fleet as a screen. The anti fighter weapons can keep those little bastards at bay. <BR>Carriers launch all fighters and bomber. Have half the fighters cover their home ships and the other half escort the bomber. Each bomber group select a single target and concentrade on it.<BR>Begin battle 7 transformation sequence and start charging the macross cannon. Remind the squadrons to evac as soon as transformation is complete.<BR>All ships activate pin point barrier and sonic scramblers."<P>The scramblers would detonate any missiles that got within 4 km from any of the ships and had been known to interfere with the operation of the Si-Ruuvi droid fighters.<P>VF-19 fighters launched from there bays in quick succession, half forming protective shield arround their ships while the other haveformed up with the VAB-2 bombers and headed for the Si-Ruuvi fleet.<BR>The fregates formed up into a 3d daimond shaped formation infront of the carriers and battle cruiser.<BR>While this was going on the battle 7 underwent it's trade mark transformation.<P>The tactical officer cald out the times untill transformation and charging would be complete.<BR>"T minus 80 seconds untill transformation complete. T-minus 90 seconds until charging is complete"<P>Fleet:<BR>18 Stealth fregates<BR> Image <BR>4 Stealth carriers<BR> Image <BR>7 battle fleet carriers<BR> Image <BR>1 battle cruiser<BR> Image <BR>After transformation<BR> Image <P>Fighters:<BR>VF-19: 240 squadrons<BR> Image <BR>VAB-2: 120 squardons<BR> Image<p>[ 28 February 2004: Message edited by: ESF_Capt_Panaka ]
Travel the universe!<BR>Meet interesting and new life forms!<BR>And Kill Them!

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:09 am

OOC: I've been sick the past few days. And by my estimation, there should be about 40 carriers, and say, 4,000 fighters left to go...<BR>The two Battlecruisers are the Normal one and the Vaygar one, right?<P>IC: Janson looked at the tactical displays. he shipyards were practically a single blob of red, blue, and green dots. A ring of more carriers still surrounded most of the rest of the ships further out, with his fleet in between, and various others scattered around. However the <I>Fury</I> was under heave fire from over a dozen carriers and hundreds of the small fighters. The shields had dropped long ago, and it was now relying on its heavy armot plating. A number of small pyramids had rammed it, but merely dented the hull plating. The ship was still not in good shape. Finally a number of escape pods jettisonned, and the <I>Fury</I> exploded. The massive blue pulsewave from the blast destroyed 5 of the carriers, and a majority of the attacking fighters. <P>[will post more later]
Corellian Browncoat

Bunita Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:24 pm

The explosion of the <I>Fury</I> rocked the <I>Saruzin</I>. Thirty-Five carriers were left to destroy. Ronin's fleet defended the shipyards like vicious guard-dogs. The Ssi-Ruuk slowly retreated. The Jedi-Carriers came under attack from the fighters. One fell immediatly, while the other resisted. Battle-Droids swarmed around the Admiral's fighters, but they held their ground. This battle would be a long one. The TIE Vanguard inspecting the enemy carriers was destroyed in the blast, along with what it had determined to be the other Jedi-Carrier. The Ssi-Ruuk began to retreat. Slowly at first, but with increasing urgency as more of their numbers fell. Three carriers remained; the Jedi and it's two escorts. Several of Ronin's fighters crashed into their command ships as the pilots were entenched. These Ssi-Ruuk refused to give up. The two fleets fought tooth and nail until the last carrier was destroyed.<BR>Ronin's surviving fighters returned to their hanger bays.<BR>The TIE Chiss returned to the <I>Saruzin</I> and Ronin returned to his post as commander. The other fleets presented a problem now. Space was getting crowded, and their original intentions of colonization had not been forgotted. A communique was sent to the command ships of all other fleets:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>This battle has been a hard one. Many of us have lost dear friends or comrades. Let the capture of Ras Agalthi occur another day. Many of us are weary;we all need rest. Allow us the opportunity to regroup and fight later. This issue cannot be avoided permanently. Allow us all a fair fight with full forces available.<BR>Grand Admiral Ronin<BR><I>Saruzin</I>-class cruiser <I>Saruzin</I><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>[ 29 February 2004: Message edited by: Grand Admiral Ronin ]

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:15 pm

Vince flew a wide bow listening to the transmission from Admiral Ronin. It looked like he could be home before the eggs went overdue after all.<BR>In this moment, space lit up and a very familiar mass of metal appeared from hyperspace. It was the <B>Inferno 2</B>, Ray Firkis' flagship, and her task force of Phoenix Cruisers, Raptors and Patriots, shields and weapons at full charge.<BR>"This is Supreme Commander Ray Firkis to Supreme Commander Trageton. We're here for reinforcements. Who's left to kill?"<BR>Vince smiled and sighed. <I>A few minutes later - as usual</I>.<BR>"Sorry, looks like they seem to be postponing the battle after those Ssi Ruuvi interferred."<BR>Disappointment swung in the voice of his old friend when he acknowledged.<BR>"Well, as you are already here, you can take me on board. I need to put these eggs in a fridge, or Shiromy's gonna kill me!"<BR>"Aw" Ray muffled. "Sure, come on board. I'll be waiting for you in the cantina then."<BR>Vince turned away from the battlefield and headed home for the massive Inferno MK2 cruiser waiting outside the battlefield.<P>============================================<P>"Look at them!" Ray pointed out of the cantina window at the large fleets, still hanging outside. "Now that the battle against these lizards is over, they don't know what they came for anymore!"<BR>Vince took a nip from his drink. "Well, I rather have this than another one going the way Jarris went and start a galaxy-wide genocide."<BR>"Sure, but I'm talking about the good ol' days, when we fought to the last man."<BR>"You can't compare that, Ray." Vince sighed and looked at the fleets outside. "The kids don't understand the problems we old dogs had back in the days."<BR>"Yeah, righ." Ray grunted. "Ya remember, when the Dhilani first came to Cophuran? They almost wiped us out."<BR>Vince laughed hard. "How could I not? I was the one who lured them off, remember?"<BR>"Yeah ... right again."<BR>They sighed.<p>[ 03 March 2004: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]