Shall we battle?

to immortalize all those epic battles we fought together...

Re: Shall we battle?

Major Wes Janson
Rear Admiral (Upper Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:47 pm

Admiral DeGaulle laughed. The multiple armadas had no idea what to do now, they were all sittign warily in orbit, recovering fighters and escape pods. He knew that some of the enemy would normally be able to see his ships when cloaked, but right now, there were enough hulks and radiation floating around to disrupt sensors. A pair of his battlecruisers made their way carefully into position, guided by small probes that held position just outside the cloaking field. And the decoy ESSD made it's way closer to the shpyard, drifting. The engines were apparently out, but that was merely a ruse.<BR>Suddenly a massive barrage of green bolts lept towards the <I>Athena</I> from the <I>Shadowkeeper</I>. They pounded into the stern of the unsuspecting ship...
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

General Edor Crespin
Rear Admiral (Lower Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:24 am

In the aftermath of the battle, shuttles were flying the field recovering escape pods, and most of the starfighters were reentering hangar bays to be repaired, refueled, and rearmed. On the bridge of the <I>Shadowkeeper</I>, Edor studied the remnants of his fleet. After the loss of the ISDIII <I>Firestorm</I>, he had lost only a quartet of Corellian Corvettes to a Ssi-ruuvi carrier that had slipped past the buld of the fleet. A fair amount of the older fighters, especially Y-wings, had been destroyed, although most of their pilots had ejected in time and were now being picked up by the rescue shuttles. All in all, that wasn't too bad considering the odds. But now, there were all the other fleets in the system to consider...<P>"Sir, some of the other fleets in the system are starting to maneuver around. Now that the Ssi-ruuk are destroyed, there is no reason for a truce," Iskariz reported.<P>"I see. Open a private channel to Colonel Doriana, warn her, although I believe Admiral Janson will be honourable enough to let her free if our truce is broken," he said thoughtfully. "And while we all decide what to do next, have all the ships return to formation. If one of them feels he needs to claim this system as his own, we'll just find another."<P>"SIR! One of the UWNF's ships, the <I>Athena</I>, is under attack! A massive turbolaser barrage, fired by..." the technician's face blanched and he looked up. "the sensor readings, they say WE fired!"<P>Edor whirled around and strode down the walkway to study the display. "Impossible! Why would we fire upon allied ships..." he swore. "Open a channel to Admiral Li'Mao. 'We DID NOT fire on the <I>Athena</I>! Repeat, we DID NOT fire on the <I>Athena</I>! If you had any visual sensors aimed that way, have them look at them and see if there was any gap. Remind them of the Battle of Ukio.' Lieutenant Yulin, contact the reactor crew, they have access to power readings all over the ship. Find out if we had any power drops when the barrage was fired. Captain, if we have any ships within ten minutes of here, send them a transmission and warn them to stand by. Send an encoded transmission to all our ships, warn them to return to battle-ready status, all capable starfighters are to be prepared to launch."
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:28 am

[OOC] I've been waiting for that post to show up for a while now :)<P>Janson could see through his viewscreens the green blasts hit the <I>Athena</I>. He turned to Doriana, who paled. "Why would Crespin attack like that?" She looked at the sensors and back out at the ships. <P>"I don't know why. It seems out of character for him to attack with no reason. Umm, Admiral?"<P>"What is it?" <P>"What are you going to do with me, may I ask?" Janson looked at her, confused. <P>"What?" Just then the comm chief turned his head and gave a half wave. Janson walked over briskly. There was a partial communication, actually several. the <I>Shadowkeeper</I> was transmitting on multiple bands, but the radiatioactive fragments of Ssi-ruuk ships was affecting more than the sensor systems. "...We di...fire...on <I>Athe</I>...no or...power did...was atta...ship...cannot see...Ukio...repeat...not...order...no...er drop in...attack...anoth...see" On another band was a second message, this one directed towards the <I>Oriskany</I>. "Admiral Janson...is General Crespin. We...battle. Colonel Doriana...prisoner?...warrior's honor...trust...soon..." Admiral Janson stood there for a second, then turned to Colonel Doriana. <P>"What were you asking?"<P>"I was wondering what you were going to do with me now, seeing as I am your prisoner. I am unsure because you seem different from what they know about you in Intel." <P>"And what do they say about me?" Janson was curious, despite the beginnings of a battle forming outside. "Captain Silcu, reform the fleet. Colonel Evanrue, have the fighters form a defensive screen. Continue to recover pilots and escape pods."<P>Doriana looked nervous. "They have determined that you are not one to sit idly by and watch a situation, and that you will take any advantage you will get. Intel also believes that you perfer to intimidate enemies with a show of power rather than destroy them directly."<P>"Now why would they think that?"<P>"A year ago, you had the chance to destroy the <I>Shadowkeeper</I> and kill General Crespin, but instead you targeted his other command ship, the one he was not on."<P>"Oh, that. That was more a simple decision. The <I>Shadowkeeper</I> was damaged, and less of a threat. Nothing more. My main purpose is to ensure the safety of the Corellian Empire, and out ships and people. Fairly easy to understand. You can tell your Intel division that I am not some scheming overlord later. For now, until I decide how to respond to Crespin's actions, I am relieving you of command of my fighter groups. I will let you stay on the bridge, but if you try to interfere in any way, my guards have orders to shoot to stun. Clear?"<P>Doriana nodded. Chief Randall heard the conversation and passed the word to the fighter groups that Colonel Evanrue was back in overall command. The comm chatter picked up again. "...een group, laun...ay close to...ll ships close i...pen fire..." Several UNWF ships took long range shots at the smaller ships in Crespin's formation at the same time Crespin's fighters began to re-launch. "This is <I>Bradshaw</I>, we...king missile fire!" Janson looked up. <P>"Find out who shot at my ship!"
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:03 am

The UWN fleet was breaking into a looser, less offensive formation. The Ss-Ruuk were retreating. The carrier <I>Romulus</I> had deployed a group of pulsar gunships. They were flitting about, using their smaller <I>pulsar</I>-class ion cannons to burn away the wreckage that littered space.<P>The <I>Athena</I> had joined the same geometric plane as the <I>Heracles</I>, and it was drawing near, preparing for the transfer of the Commodore and Admiral. <P>The transfer took fifteen minutes, with few words exchanged other than Li'Mao saying to Staedtler, "We'll have a formal transfer of command when we get to Herculean."<P>Only minutes after Admiral Darek Li'Mao had assumed command of the <I>Athena</I>, a sensor alert rang through the bridge. The tactical officer looked up and reported, "Aft shields are registering dense fire. Aft-left shields are reduced to 96%."<P>The Admiral looked toward the observation deck, however he found himself staring at a blank white steel wall. He had not yet activated the viewing screens. "Did anybody see who fired?"<P>"Negative. Sensors report that it was the <I>Shadowkeeper</I>."<P>Li'Mao remained silent for a moment, thinking inwardly about why an ally would fire on him. <I>It could have been an accidental discharge...</I><P>Darek stepped over to the holodisplay, and highlighted three smaller ships with a wave of his hand through their holographic representations.<P>"Paint them with warning shots. Do not damage them."<P>The <I>Athena</I>'s port ion cannon swivvled and fired, lancing through space and swinging across each of the three ships, battering their shields, but doing no real damage otherwise.<P>"Now, I want to know exactly what happened. Examine and cross-examine every single sensor and scanner analysis up until five minutes before that attack. Look for any drop in their ship's power. Look for any energy discharge. I want to know what's going on. Is the fleet monitoring those cloaked ships?"<P>"The cloaked ships keep slipping in and out of our scanners, Admiral. The radiation and debris is messing everything up."
<B><A HREF="http://stellatus.net" TARGET=_blank>Stellatus.net</A></B><BR>My online portfolio

ESF_Capt_Panaka
Lieutenant

Post by ESF_Capt_Panaka » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:08 pm

The fighters of the Macross 7 battle group never had the chance to fire on the lizards. They had returned and taken up a defensive around the ships.<BR>Battle 7 had completed it's transformation and the main gun was fully charged.<P>Max Jenuis sat in his chair looking at the scene. "Well that's that. We should thank the other fleets for completing our task."<BR>He motions to the tactical officer.<BR>"Transform back to..."<P>Max is interupted by the officer.<BR>Sir, ships that previously had been allies have fired on each other."<BR>The officer used the gravity sensors to scan the two fleets.<BR>"Sir, we are detecting several unexplained gravity wells in between those fleets. Probably cloacked ships."<P>Max thaught for a second and the responded.<BR>"Stay in battle mode, keep all fighters out there on alert. Scan the entire area for cloacked ships usaing the gravity scanner. cross refrence with real space sensors to eliminate debris.<BR>Comms, open a channel to the fleet commanders involved in the friendly fire accident and make shure you use enough power to breack trough the radiation."<P>At the nod of the comms officer max speaks.<BR>"This is Admiral Max Jenuis of the Macross 7 taskforce. We are detecting several cloacked ships between your ships. We are scanning the entire region. Will advise you of the findings. Will offer assistance if needed. You did us a favor by taking the on the lizards and we will repay that favor."<P>Max sits back watching his tactical board while waiting for a response from his tactical officer or the other fleets. It would take a minute for the computer to filter out al the debris.
Travel the universe!<BR>Meet interesting and new life forms!<BR>And Kill Them!

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:23 pm

Things were getting tense. Vince and Ray looked at the massive armadas, while walking along the great panorama windows, that led away from the Inferno 2's cantina.<BR>"Only one bad move and hell breaks loose out there." Ray noted and folded his hands behind his back. "Do you think we should interfer?"<BR>"No, not yet" Vince denied. "Our role in this is rather minor. However, you might want gather some more ships in the vacinity, just to make sure. I have no intention to take over that planet, ... yet."<BR>"I'll send out a scout team to gather information on this system and why it's so important for those guys."<BR>Vince nodded. "Yeah, do so. Might be interesting for us after all."
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Design HQ | Vince T's X-Wing HQ | My Steam Workshop

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:29 pm

Garren noticed the <I>Event Horizon</I> out on the verge of the system on his personal terminal. He glanced up. His sensor officer threw a salute, then turned back to his terminal.<P><I>I'll have to commend him.</I> "Send a message to the <I>EH</I>; we're jumping out of the system. We're too battered to continue."<P>"Yes, sir."<P>Moments later, both ISDIIIs jumped out, and resumed their search for a new home.<P>--------------------<P>"I don't care about the risk; engage the systemwide entechment ray!!!"<P>A small P'weck, too frightened to argue anymore, flipped the switch. The commanding Ssi-Ruuk began to laugh maniacally, when there was a groaning in the entechment center.<P>-------------------<P>Golden fire erupted from the Ssi-Ruuk capital ship; in minutes it was reduced to a burning hulk. The remaining carriers, too afraid to continue without their commander, turned and jumped out of the system, leaving the rest of the fleets to their own devices.<P>OOC: Sorry guys, I'm out.
Eclipse

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:29 pm

"Hey, Jit. What's the news?"<BR>"Well, the Ssi-Ruuvi have retreated: The remaining ships have left the system."<BR>"That's good."<BR>"The remaining fleets seem to be half-heartedly picking at each other, and we're in the middle."<BR>"That's bad."<BR>"They have all taken heavy losses, and all the debris will make starfighter activity extremely difficult."<BR>"That's good."<BR>"7 of the docked ships have been destroyed, mostly Corvettes and Frigates. 4 ISD III's and an SSD have been completely disabled."<BR>"That's bad."<BR>"60% of the subsidiary reactors are still online, with 11% reparable shortly. That's enough to power all remaining ships. And, our defenses are still online."<BR>"That's good."<BR>"We have lost half our starfighter complement, and all the debris out there would prevent the launching of more.<BR>"That's bad."<P>There was a momentary silence.<BR>"That is it, Daz."<BR>"Ok, I suppose all we can do is re-fortify our defenses, and hope the fleets call it a day."<BR>"Hmmm, there is one more thing we need to be doing..."<BR>"Yeah? What?"<BR>Daz pointed to the floor, where Admiral Perick was stirring.<P>"Ooohhh, my head. W-w-what's going o...."<BR>He slumped to the floor again, whis time with Daz standing behind him, holding the needle.<BR>"Perick needs his beauty sleep."<BR>"Heh heh heh. Does he ever!"
End of line...

Bunita Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:44 pm

[OOC]Gravity wells...[/OOC]<BR>GAR's fleet had recouperated as best as possible after the battle, and was preparing to enter the repair yards when the shot hit the <I>Athena</I>. They realized that radiation was clouding the sensors of the Imperial ships, but to the <I>Saruzin</I> radiation was no barrier. It was designed for combat in radioactive areas. It's magnetic sensors could sense any metal fragments, although they were rather useless now. Imperial sesors that had been retrofitted to the mighty warship were also having trouble.<BR>GAR realized immediately that the ancient sensors might be of use, and engaged them.<BR>"Sir, there appears to be a ship between the <I>Athena</I> and the <I>Shadowkeeper</I>."<BR>"Class?"<BR>"It appears to be an ESD"<BR>[ooc]How could an ESD fit between two ships and not be noticed, even if it is cloaked.[/ooc]<BR>"Admiral DeGaulle up to his usual tricks. Inform the others of his presence, but take no offensive action. Do you understand?"<BR>"Yes sir!"
"Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known..."

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:14 am

Three more Phoenix Cruisers and a pair of inferno II Battle Cruisers jumped out of the hyperspace and joined Ray's task force. The UPMF ships were noticably smaller than the rest of the armadas, but they weren't here to begin a war.<P>Vince made a face. Cloaked ships trying to blame the Shadowkeeper for that attack. Those guys had nothing better to do than to play tricks on each other. Later the day, they would probably sit together in a gloomy cantina and play pazaac.<P>Walking through the Inferno II's corridors he made his way to the small private hangar that was always kept reserved for the chief of state. A few minutes later he was sitting in his starfighter and blasted out of the hangar, to wards the odd gathering.<P>It was obvious that Ronin and Janson had been 'used' to each other for a long time. Though enemies each one treated the other with great respect. An interesting relationship. He sighed. How childish wars in nowerdays were, they however went over much 'cleaner' than in the old days. He wanted to get to know these two combatants - personally.<P>he headed towards the Oriskany and opened a secure channel to the ship.<P>"This is UPMF Supreme Commander Vince Trageton to flagship Oriskany. I'm requesting permission to come onboard!"<P>While waiting for the reply he circled between the fleets and watched the shining blue clouds of radioactive debris.<p>[ 06 March 2004: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:11 pm

[OOC] I have little time, so this is explaination.<BR>1. It is not an ESD between the Shadowkeeper, but a Vengence class, like Jerec has, which is very thin and flat. at angles it is easily missed. <BR>2. My flagship is <I>Oriskany</I> not <I>Saruzan</I>. That ship I think is GARs. <BR>3. I'm just an Admiral, I don't need a cool title to be in charge. :)<BR>[gone]
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:25 pm

OOC: OK, I've corrected my post :)