Prepare for battle!

to immortalize all those epic battles we fought together...

Re: Prepare for battle!

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:59 pm

OOC: ok, now as I look at it, I originally planned the UPA territory to be in an area that - on this map would be somewhere half way between the Ablojek and Senex-Juvex Sector. Then again, I dunno yet, where the Stumbos territory is :)
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Design HQ | Vince T's X-Wing HQ | My Steam Workshop

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:03 pm

OOC: And in my mind, the United Worlds exists in the Milky Way Galaxy, so I've no idea where they'd be on the Star Wars map :p
<B><A HREF="http://stellatus.net" TARGET=_blank>Stellatus.net</A></B><BR>My online portfolio

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:39 pm

OOC: hehe, same here, actually :) Must be some kinda space/time distortion :)

Major Wes Janson
Rear Admiral (Upper Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:10 pm

The Corellian Empire essentially runs from Bestine to Ebaq to Leria Kersil, Colla IV excluding Kuat, Mimban, Atazerri. It's a fairly big chunk. The Stumbos Alliance is a group of I believe 4 patches of terretory that surround that region. Vince, they are close to where you are talking, but not really in that terretory.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Bunita Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:38 am

How about the Rebel Alliance? :p <BR>***<BR> "Sir, a message."<BR> "Yes?"<BR> "One of the escape pods automatically launched from the <I>Dorisby</I> has returned."<BR> "And..."<BR> "Flight logs, which have been decoded in the main computer, show a transmission betweet the UPMF and the juggernaut <I>Tacitus</I>. They seem to have formed an alliance."<BR> "Thank you. Dismissed."<BR> GAR turned to those present at the meeting. "What do you think we should do? My most of my heavier ships are in conflict in the Trade Spine, assisting Janson and his forces. My <I>Sovreign</I>-class ships are inoperable at the moment. I still have four <I>Eclipse-II</I>-class ships, but these don't have the superlaser functioning, and are currently en route to the Trade Spine? Should I reroute them?"
"Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known..."

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:16 am

OOC: Hmmmm, Janson. I hope the stombus are well equipped, otherwise this is gonna be a rather short battle ... Sovereigns, 4 Eclipses - phew! :D<P>I'm taking a short leave of absence, will be back on monday! cya guys!<p>[ 30 October 2004: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:35 am

OC: Tacitus and Mobeus are quite well equipped ;) And they have a lot of smaller ships too<P>IC:<BR>Things were not going well. Teyr and Devaron had both fallen, and Aleen was under seige. Warlord Sern was moving up methodically along the Spine. Warlord Brask had just conquered the Stenness node. The 14th fleet had been rallied and sent to Redrish to defend Kuat, but they were overwhelmed. The fleets three Colossus class ships were all out of action, and only a dozen smaller ships could still fight. Admiral Meier had nothing left to work with. Janson gave the order to send the 12th to counterattack. Hopefully the <I>Balance of Power</I> would live up to it's name. She was the first of the modified Executor class completed, of three, and as of yet had not lost a battle.<p>[ 31 October 2004: Message edited by: Major Wes Janson ]
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:30 am

OOC: I'm hesitant to get involved in the battle at the spine. I think we need to engage in multiple battles. Nexus Alpha could make for a very, very chaotic battle. It's the most heavily defended region of the United Worlds.
<B><A HREF="http://stellatus.net" TARGET=_blank>Stellatus.net</A></B><BR>My online portfolio

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:58 am

OC: Oh, there's battles basicilly on my entire border, and surrounding regions. <P>IC: Warlord Brask snapped the datapad in two in his anger. The United Worlds fleet had just annhilated his picket groups headed for Kuat. It was no longer tolerable. It was time to hit them, and take them out of this war. It was bad enough that they chose to side with the Corellians. But now they were directly attacking him. <P>"Give the order to the Third Armada. They are to strike at the United World's headquarters as soon as it is located. until then, they are to immediately destroy or capture any UW ships they encounter."
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:09 am

Alyn Yadrec listened to the incoming hailings from the various UPMF ships. They had been ordered to join the third armada on their assault against those who hosted Vince Trageton and his petty force. Her fleet was taking flank positions around the main battle group, an impressive armada, she had to admit. Her fleet, consisting of about a dozen Phoenix and Inferno Cruisers with their respective battle groups was tiny against the massive force they were joining. She leaned back and activated the comm to their flagship.<BR>"This is UPMF Supreme Commander Alyn Yadrec. We're in position and awaiting your orders."<P>///////////////////////////////////////////<P>The small group of fleet commanders hurried through the wide halls of Nexus Alpha, heading for the main command center. Spies had brought in rumors that the Stombus Alliance and their new allies were mobilizing and preparing an attack on Nexus Alpha.<BR>On their way, Vince activated his wrist comm. "Captain, prepare the Warrior for battle, but remain in the launch bay!"<BR>Then he turned to Demming.<BR>"How long will it take them to arrive here?"<BR>"I'm not sure. If they use conventional hyperdrive systems it should take them at least three days. However, if they should have access to any jumpholes, they might save a lot of time and come here within a few hours!"

Bunita Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:25 pm

<B>OOC</B> <strike>I thought that the UMPF sided with the Strombus, not the UW!</strike> I see now! Sorry!<B>/OOC</B><P> "Sir, the UMPF and the Strombus may be heading here."<BR> "ETA"<BR> "Anywhere from several hours to 3 days."<BR> "That's the best you can do? Don't the UW have tabs on who use their jumpports? Try to narrow it down."<BR> "Yessir"<BR> "Oh, and launch the <I>Dorisby</I>. I want to have a hand in the upcoming battle. Prep the <I>Saruzin</I> for departure, but don't launch yet."<BR> "Yessir!"<P><B>OOC</B> <I>Dorisby</I> is docked in the <I>Saruzin</I>. <I>Nexus Alpha</I> doesn't have dry-dock type docks,for normal docking, does it?<B>/OOC</B><p>[ 02 November 2004: Message edited by: Grand Admiral Ronin ]
"Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known..."

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:04 pm

OOC: I'm not sure what you're complaining about.<P>The UPMF are allied with the Strombus and are now joining the battlegroup that is headed for Nexus Alpha. Erm ...That Third armada was a Strombus fleet, wasn't it?

Bunita Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:53 pm

So time has just frozen... :D <BR>Come on! Join back... It's not over yet...<BR><font size=1>Hopefully...</font>

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:43 pm

I'm still around. C'mon guys!

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:53 am

<I>Demming looked at his wristwatch, as his lift tube slowed to a halt. The door lifted, and he stepped out onto the the floor of the primary command center, located at the heart of Nexus Alpha.</I><P>"Priority one update, people. We need full security lockdown across the <B>entire</B> Network!"<P><I>Demming was met with several glances of surprise and frustration. The Network was the name used to encompass the entire web of Hypergates situated throughout UW territory. A full lockdown across the entire Network could take hours of frustratingly difficult work.</I><P>"We have enemy fleets on their way here. If they're using conventional drives then we have a window fo 2-3 days. However, if they manage to locate a Hypergate, they could assault it. It wouldn't take them much longer to get here, afterward."<P><I>The full team went to work, sending out heavily encrypted and coded messages to every corner of UW territory. Across dozens of systems, Hypergates were locked down, the great swirling vortexes of light at their centers dying out, as they were shut down. All ships in transit were ordered to make completely emergency stops, dropping out of the hypertransfer and back into real space.<P>Emergency transfers were unpreferred but tolerable. Hypertunnels were coordinated along clean and highly secure paths. No ship executing an emergency dropout would be in any real danger. However, any ship still in transfer when the hypergate link was broken, would be violenty ripped back into realspace. Any civilian vessel and most smaller military vessels would be completely ripped asunder.</I><P>"Admiral, we will have full Network lockdown in approximately 2 hours."

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:40 am

Warlord Brask glanced at the dead hypergate. So much for that plan. Well, at least they had alternatives. "Captain. We have exact spacial coordinates for the base at Nexus Alpha, correct?" "Yes my lord. The spy provided that among with various codes and maps. He was most helpful. Before his unfortunate demise." "Good. We are going back to Ghonifer. Tell Knossos command to redirect the gate to the following coordinates." He typed in a long string of numbers. This plan would never work against the Corellians, given that they had the same subspace technology the Stumbos Alliance had. Which means they could jam the Knossos Gate with their own. But the UWN didn't have a Knossos gate. Their Hypergate network was similar to a Subspace system, but had vast differences in certain areas. "Tell Knossos command to establish the gateway, then send a probe through when we arrive. We will be at the base in 4 hours."
Corellian Browncoat

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:34 am

<I>Admiral Demming, having returned to the Odysseus, paced the length of the bridge. He was anxious.<P>The Primary Defense Fleet had been mobilized within the last hour, and they were now finishing up their maneuvers, all settling into place.<P>Various other, smaller fleets had been called from their posts, as well. They were stationed throughout the Defense Perimeter.</I><P>"Let them come...they'll be met with one hell of a fight."<P>OOC:<P>The space around Heracles is surrounded by three concentric rings of defenses.<P>The outermost ring consists of orbital shield generators, as well as generic weapons platforms [single missile tube, dual plasma cannon]<P>The middle ring consists of flak cannons and generic weapons platforms, as well as scrambler probes. These dirupt enemy communications and sensors.<P>The innermost ring conists of yet another set of shield projectors, and generic weapons platforms.<P>Note that these fields are humungous (everything around Heracles is enormous, as the planet itself is approximately twice the size of Jupiter). The rings circle the entire planet and its moons. Each of the three moons also has its own orbital defenses, though not in the same degree.<P>There are also some last-ditch defenses in the upper atmosphere of Heracles itself.<P>You have to realize that I have to translate all of this from my own universe into the Star Wars universe. The UW's technology is extremely advanced, primarily in weapons and shield design. So, yeah...:/

Bunita Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:00 pm

"Sir, the enemy fleet is withdrawing, and headed for Nexus Alpha!"<BR>"Recall the ESSD's, bring them here. We are going to help our hosts in any way possible."

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:09 pm

OOC: I'm confused. Was the fleet moving for Nexus Alpha in combat with Ronin's forces? Why wasn't I informed? My precious UPMF were among them! :eek:<P>We need a plan of who's where and who's how strong!

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:52 pm

OOC. The Stumbos Alliance is currently not engaged with anyone but the Corellian Navy along the trade spine and near Kuat. That is happening behind the scenes. <P>The Knossos is from Freespace 2, a device to stabilize (and it had been presumed in some places to create) intersystem jump points.
Corellian Browncoat

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:41 am

:(

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:15 am

Vince rose a brow, as Admiral Demming suddenly bursted out in tears. All the time this man had appeared firm and strong. What was facing Vince now, was a completely different person - fragile, weak. There had to be more behind this.<BR>"What is it admiral? What troubles you?"<P> :D<p>[ 12 December 2004: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]