Prepare for battle!

to immortalize all those epic battles we fought together...

Re: Prepare for battle!

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:32 am

With a white flash the <B>Barracuda</B> reentered real space shortly after her came the two fighters flown by Vince and Graygh. <BR>Vince almost automatically did a wide range scan of the area.<BR>Deepspace.<BR>"I've received a message from the <B>Watchkeeper</B>. They're offering us a safe harbour to recover and regroup!"<BR>"I see" Vince said. "Hail them and thank for the offer. Also, ask them if they'd accept us to bring our fleet and flagship along to prepare for our departure for the new world!"<BR>"Will do" Shiromy replied and Vince switched channels. It was time to make contact with their small task force. He opened a long range security channel and hailed the <B>Warrior</B>.<BR>"This is Trageton to SBCR <B>Warrior</B>, Come in!"<BR>"Blexton here, General. We hear you loud and clear!"<BR>"Good. What is your status?"<BR>"We've successfully taken controll of the Pirecco base. Although a little dusty it's in good condition. We were even able to collect your <I>trophy</I>."<BR>Vince was supised. For a moment unsure he then remembered the Dhilani Fighter he had abandoned while running from the Dhilani.<BR>"Good. Things have changed while we were on Khall." Vince explained. "Gather the fleet and rendezvous with ous at the coordinates I'll be transmitting you shortly!"<BR>"Things have changed .... in what way?"<BR>"I cannot tell you too much for now, but the changes are surely of positive matter. Just prepare and hyper to the coordinates."<BR>"As you wish, General!"<BR>A few moments later the coordinates flashed over his screen. He encrypted them and forwarded them to his flagship.<BR>"We've received the coordinates, General. ...Estimated travelling time should be about 16 hours!"<BR>"Very well, we'll meet there then. Trageton out."<BR>Shiromy reported in. "Do you want to come on board again? it's a long way to our destination!"<BR>"Yeah, I guess I could!"<BR>"Great and I may fly patrol!" Graygh's voice snarled over comm.<BR>Vince sighed. "You wanna come onboard as well?"<BR>"Thanks but no thanks." Graygh gave back cockily. "I'm a fighter, not a lover! You two have some fun, will you!"<BR>"Your choice." Vince replied and initiated the automatic docking sequence with the <B>Barracuda</B>.<BR>A few minutes later the three ships vanished into hyperspace.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Design HQ | Vince T's X-Wing HQ

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:12 pm

<I>The <B>Watchkeeper's</B> engines were full-aflame, and the sleek ship darted through space, on her tail no less than two dozen starfighters.</I><P>"Looks like we pissed off those UPMF guys, Captain!"<P><I>Captain Isiah Carey smirked cockily, standing before the tactical display, and altering the image as needed, his hands waving around as if he was conducting some great symphony.</I><P>"There," <I>Isiah said, targeting a small quadrant of space on the display.</I> "Set your course, and engage the hyperdrive!"<P>"Aye aye, Cap'n!" <I>The helm officer barked, punching in the coordinates and initiating the hyperdrive pre-jump calculations.</I><P>"Sir, the Barracuda has dropped out of hyperspace. They're heading towards the coordinates we sent them."<P>"Good."<P><I>The <B>Watchkeeper's</B> engines lit up bright, and the rear flak cannons halted. The pursuing fighters broke off as the destroyer escaped into hyperspace.</I><P>"Travel time is approximately 14 hours, sir. We're a good ways away from home."<P><B><I>14 hours later...</I></B><P>"Captain Carey, please report to the bridge. We are exiting hyperspace." <I>rang over Carey's personal comm unit. He rose from his bed, and stepped into his personal lift. Moments later, he stepped out onto the bright white floor of the bridge. The viewport was ablaze with bright blues and whites, and the tactical display was off.</I><P>"Dropping out now, sir."<P><I>The viewport at the head of the bridge shone brightly as the hyperspace field cleared, painting the entire room with white light. It dimmed seconds later, retreating into long lines, and finally halting as tiny pinpoints.<P>Straight ahead of the <B>Watchkeeper</B> sat the planet Heracles. The immense gas giant was only slightly over 200,000 miles at the diameter, over twice the size of Jupiter. The giant floated through space like an immense blue marble, her bright atmosphere shining with a radiance as if it were constructed of billions of miniscule diamonds.<P>Around the planet sat three giant moons, the largest only slightly smaller than Earth, and the smallest about the size of Mars.<P>The <B>Watchkeeper's</B> tactical display activated automatically, as it always did upon exiting hyperspace. It immediately analyzed the environment, and began labeling the surroundings.<P>The smallest of the moons, named Achilles, was an industrial world, covered in gigantic production sites and mining operations.<P>The intermediate moon, Odysseus, was a green world of plains and hills, and home to the greatest science universities of the United Worlds.<P>The largest Moon was named Jordan, for the astronomer who had first discovered the planet Heracles. It was a sprawling cityscape, slashed through here and there by great mountains, crystal rivers and roaring waterfalls.<P>Orbiting several hundred miles out from Heracles was the space station <B>Nexus Alpha</B>. Before undertaking the Heracles Odyssey, NASA and the ESA had teamed together to develop the Hypergate, a ring that, when active, could link to another ring and speed up hypertravel from days and hours to fractions of that time. The United Worlds had a sprawling network of Nexus Stations, and Nexus Alpha was the center of it all.<P>The station was round, and covered in hundreds of arms, each varying in size. Some were mere sensor rods, while the larger ones were docking ports. Even larger still were the drydocks, where smaller gunboats and patrol boats sat.<P>The entire east side of the station was cut up with hundreds of docking bays, illuminating the surrounding fictures with blue light. At the largest bays, whole battleships sat docked and awaiting whatever repairs or crew they required. The smaller destroyers, such as the <B>Watchkeeper</B>, sat docked to long arms extending from the walls of the station. Squadrons of fighters intermingling with civilian craft buzzed all around.<P>The <B>Watchkeeper</B> was brought in for minor repairs and maintenance, after having waited almost two hours for a dock to open. At any given time, Nexus Alpha would be host to thousands of ships. With the Nexus being set up in the Ras Algethi system still, these numbers were doubled as supply tugs came and went.</I><P>"Captain Carey, proximity sensors have picked up the Barracuda. She's exiting hyperspace now."<P><I>Carey nodded.</I> "Tell them, welcome to the Heracles Quartet (named for the planet and her 3 moons), capitol of the United Worlds."<P>------------<P> Image <BR><B>Nexus Alpha</B> - Heracles System<BR>Nexus Alpha is the largest station in the United Worlds, playing host to multiple thousands of ships at any given time.<P>Onboard the station can be found hundreds of fine restaraunts, lounges, stores, shops, etc. In the deeper levels of the cities are military barracks, starship construction and repair bays, weapons production, etc.<P>At the top of the station is the Hypergate structure, always active. It is a large ring, allowing hundreds of ships to enter and exit at the same time. The hypergate automatically downloads a ship's destination, and sends them to the linked hypergate nearest it.<P>The station is approximately 250 kilometers in diameter.<p>[ 12 October 2004: Message edited by: One Point Two ]
<B><A HREF="http://stellatus.net" TARGET=_blank>Stellatus.net</A></B><BR>My online portfolio

Bunita Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:47 pm

The <I>Saruzin</I> exited hyperspace just above the station, with the <I>Dorisby</I> entering the quadrant next to it, with the 117<sup>th</sup> in the hangar. <BR>***<BR> "Look at the size of that thing!"<BR>Grand Admiral Ronin smiled as he remembered the radio intercepts fron the Battle of Yavin.<BR> "Send comms to both the UWN fleet and the former-UPMF fleet. We need to meet again."
"Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known..."

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:20 am

<I>A squadron of <B>Anubite-class</B> starfighters broke off from their patrol route, gunning at full throttle towards the Saruzin.<P>The surface of the station nearly seemed to crawl as several hundred turret emplacements swivvled to face the ships. Several patrol boats also moved into position.</I><P>"Unidentified starships, you have breached the United Worlds border without security clearence. Identify yourselves immediately, or you will be destroyed. You have one minute."<P>OOC: Remember, we only sent the coords to the Barracuda.
<B><A HREF="http://stellatus.net" TARGET=_blank>Stellatus.net</A></B><BR>My online portfolio

Major Wes Janson
Rear Admiral (Upper Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:03 am

OOC: This is very confusing. I'll edit this message to have a post later when I figure things out...
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:04 am

-- few minutes earlier --<P>"I always thought our Diamond Stations were big" Shiromy marked looking in disbelief at the gigantic space station they were approaching, "but this surely beats everything I've ever seen. The <B>Barracuda</B> sailed on an automatically plotted course towards the nexus, while Vince and Shiromy were getting dressed up again. The first moment after they had entered the system and seen this massive structure forthe first time had been like stepping into a whole new world - which it actually was similar to.<BR>"Combat Yacht <B>Barracuda</B>," hailed a gentle voice over comm, "this is Nexus Alpha. You are cleared for hangar C-217. Welcome to the Heracles Quarter."<BR>A series of coordinates flashed over the screen and Vince transmitted them into the nav computer. The <B>Barracuda</B> turned slightly and moved towards the new designation. <BR>A flash on the sensor screen caught his attention and he smiled, when he saw a group of familiar shapes appearing on the screen.<BR>"This is SBCR <B>Warrior</B> to Combat Yacht <B>Barracuda</B>. We've awaiting your orders, Sir." Hailed Blextons familiar voice.<BR>"Acknowledged, <B>Warrior</B>. You have been designated as belonging to me. Get docking clearance and proceed to the station for supplies and repairs."<BR>"Copy that, Sir. <B>Blexton</B> out!"<BR>While they were slowly approaching the station, Vince and Shiromy kept regarding the impressive construction in amazement. At a distance of 50 kilometers it had allready filled the entire frontal viewport.<BR>"Sir, we're getting a comm transmission from a ship named <B>Saruzin</B>. They want to meet with us. It looks like they've been following us."<BR>Vince sighed. Ronin and his dirty tricks. Surely he had intercepted the ccordinates that had been transmitted to them.<BR>With so many people that wanted to be their friends it nearly started to get confusing.<BR>"Combat Yacht <B>Barracuda</B>, this is <B>Nexus Alpha</B>. A ship that seems to have been following you claims they belong to you. It is however not registered as being in any way related to you, neither clearance to approach this sector. Can you confirm these claims?"<P>OOC: Hehe, I'll break here for a while to let others post and make the situation a bit more interesting :) :D

Bunita Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:25 am

<B>OOC</B>I'm a <I>little</I> confused too, but I <I>think</I> I get the gist of what's going on. From what I can gather, The <I>Barracuda</I> escaped from the UPMF and was given co-ords by the UWN. I "mistakenly" (I wan't aware that they were sent <I>only</I> to the <I>Baracuda</I>) followed the co-ords to the <I>Nexus Alpha</I>.<B>/OOC</B><BR>***<BR> "...What?!?"<BR> "Sir, the the transmission says we breached their territory, and that, unless we reply, we will be destroyed."<BR>***<BR>"This is Grand Admiral Ronin, from the <I>Saruzin</I>-class vessel <I>Saruzin</I>, commander of a portion of the Imperial Remnant, which includes the <I>Dorisby</I>. I mistakenly intercepted a set of coordinates that were meant for General Trageton, formerly of the UPMF, and followed them to this location to escape form the UPMF. I was under the impression that we were invited here. I apologize for any misunderstanding on my part, and must assure you that we have no hostile intent against the UWN or the guests you have here. I must again apologize for any shock we may have given you, and, if we are not welcome, will leave immediatly. I again apologize for any entrance onto your territory, again, I was under the impression that I was invited here.<BR>***<BR> "Helm,"<BR> "Yes, Sir."<BR> "Disarm all weapons, but charge the shields to full power. Inform the Dorisby to do the same. Ready the ship for hnyperspace, should the need arise. Ready the fighters for launch, in case we need them, but<I>DO NOT LAUNCH FIGHTERS</I>! <BR> "Yes <I>sir</I>!"<BR>***<BR>The downside to all this radio gear is that I can't tell what was sent ship-to-ship between people and what was meant for me!<BR>***<BR>Sorry for the misunderstanding,
"Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known..."

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:56 am

<I>The turrets on the surface of the station returned to their idle states.</I><P>"<I>Saruzin</I> and <I>Dorisby</I>, you have been granted clearence for as long as General Trageton remains in this system."<P><I>A ring of red lights appeared on the surface of the station, encircling the perimeter of the hypergate fixture. It was a signal that a very large ship was preparing to exit the hypergate. The smaller ships all cleared the queue area, while the mass of blue and white light swirling in the center of the hypergate grew larger and more intense.<P>With a bright flash, the battleship <B>Odysseus</B> erupted from the hypergate. The 3.5 kilometer ship, painted with the same bright white, blue and chrome scheme as the <B>Watchkeeper</B> fired up its engine, heading for the primary drydock.<P>The <B>Odysseus</B> was the flagship of the UWN, and had been overseeing operations at Ras Algethi. However, learning about their guests, Admiral Demming wanted to greet them.</I><P>"This is the UWNS <I>Odysseus</I>, to combat yacht <I>Barracuda</I>. Hello, this is Admiral Ganner Demming, head of the United Worlds Navy. I would like to personally welcome you to the Heracles Quartet. I would like to meet with you, which dock are you cleared for?"

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:46 am

OOC: Is Ganner Demming related to Paul Demming(the one who died after the Battle of Charnali)?

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:11 pm

OOC: Paul Demming was an Admiral in the United Territories of the American Empire, a very short-lived satirical faction I made up :p <P>Admiral Ganner Demming is completely unrelated. I just like the name.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:29 pm

OOC: I see. Alright. I'll post in a while.<P>BTW, Edor, Wes, you still with us?<p>[ 14 October 2004: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:31 pm

ooc: Edor is away for a bit.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:47 am

OOC: I'm still in. It's just been a really bad week. You may have seen my last post inthe HAPPY thread...
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:36 am

OOC: C'mon let's get more going.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:34 am

OOC: OK, you want something to happen? here goes :P<P>IC: Comadore Nylan glanced at the target of their attacks. <I>Logos</I> was in bad shape, with dozens of hull breaches, venting flames, and the main engine bank flickering. The previously withering fire coming from the larger ship had dropped to sporadic shots. <P>"Sir! <I>Swift</I> reports that they have picked up the Admiral."<P>"Good, good. Make ready to leave the system. Recall fighters, and find a place to make our jump, away from those interdictors."<P>"Sorry, sir, no can do."<P>"What?"<P>"Gravity is spiking. It's a jump point forming behind us!"<P>Nylan saw the bridge light up from the blue glow of the jump point, then the new arrival became visible from behind the glare. "Get us out of here! NOW!"<P>---<P>Janson also saw the new arrival from his vantage point on the <I>Swift</I>. To put it simply, it was black, it was angular, and it was close to 24 kilometers long. It was the <I>Tacitus</I> flagship of the various forces opposed to the Corellian Empire. His sensor officer was giving an impassonate narration of the events. <P>"New arrival 30 klicks due aft of <I>Windstar</I>. Confirmed as <I>Tacitus</I>. Contact is charging medium batteries. Target is firing medium batteries."<P>Janson watched helplessly as three yellow beams coursed towards the <I>Windstar</I>, collapsing it's shielding and evaporating the rear armor. Engines simply vanished, and only moments later the main reactor detonated, destroying the <I>Windstar</I> in a cataclysmic blue shockwave. <P>"Contact has ceased firing." <P>A message from the <I>Titan</I> appeared on the comm station display. It was Keyes, with a signal intercept from the massive ship. <P>"This is the <I>Tacitus</I>. This system is now under our control. We will be landing forces immediately to seize all military and government facilities."<P>"Negative, negative. We do do not recognize your authority. Leave Khall space before you are met with deadly force."<P>Janson groaned at the stupidity of the Khall controllers. <P>"Very well, Khall. We do not have the time to pacify an uncooperative world."<P>"Thank you. You are however allowed to avail of the facilities as would any normal visitor...wait...what are you doing?"<P>Four massive weapons emplacements mounted on forward stretching arms lit up. A full dozen medium batteries rotated into position. The smaller guns target the Khall orbital docks. Yellow beams tore through the massive framework. Berefit of it's stationkeeping abilities, the docks immediatly started to lose orbit. The heavy guns targeted the surface. <I>Tacitus</I> commenced a total bombardment, systematically destroying all cities on the surface. Janson turned away. <P>"Get us out of here. We can't stand up to that ship right now. We need the soverigns at least to do that. Contact Corellia. Tell Fleet command to go to red alert. mobilize the reserves. I think this is the start of a major push into this region. And contact our allies."
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:24 pm

OOC: Wow, that was nasty!<P>Vince looked out of great panoramic windows of the Lounge that overlooked the massive space dock of Nexus Alpha. As always he had chosen a rather casual location for their meeting with Admiral Demming. He hated to have such kind of conferences in a cold military invironment - and the Barracuda wasn't really the place for a high level meeting either.<BR>"This place is amazing!" Shiromy said, while sipping from a hot steaming drink in a large cup.<BR>"Yeah ..." Vince said and took a nip from his own beverage. "If we didn't have a war to win, a cruel government to overthrow and a galaxy to save I'd say let's just stay here."<BR>"I know what you mean. I wish we coul've saved Jarris - different than the way we did."<BR>"Don't blame yourself!" Vine said gently. "If it helps you - I rather blame myself than anyone else for what has happened."<BR>"She looked at him curiously. "Why that?"<BR>Vince closed his eyes and thought back to the last moments on the <B>Warlord</B>.<BR>"I should have killed Tyleea, when I had the chance. I should have noticed her soul escaping. If I hadn't been so blind, this whole mess would never have happened."<BR>The muted beeping of his comm drew Vince out of his petty self-melancholic memories. "Yes, what is it?"<BR>"This is Blexton." The Captain's voice was dry and low. "We just received a message from Admiral Janson."<BR>There was a long silence, as Vince expected Blexton to continue his report.<BR>"And?" he said finally.<BR>"Khall ... was destroyed!"<BR>In disbelief Vince gazed at the small device in his hand. "Could you please repeat that?"<BR>"A ship of massive size launched a planetary bombardment on Khall and the space docks erradicating all cities within a few minutes."<BR>Vince swallowed hard. "Survivors?"<BR>"Estimated none, Sir. The attack was so swift nobody, who was on or near the planet, could escape."<BR>"Thank you Captain. Send out a message to our allies and request them to meet with us on this station - I suppose we should be relatively safe here. That would be all for now."<BR>He closed the chanel and looked at Shiromy in horror. How was that possible? <BR>There was a light draft as someone entered the Lounge. The barely noticable turbulences betrayed to him the person was approaching their table. He pushed his thoughts away as good as he could and looked up.<BR>"General Trageton, I am Admiral Ganner Demming. Welcome abouard Nexus Alpha."

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:24 pm

<I>Admiral Ganner Demming stood in the large executive's lift, heading down toward <B>The Drifting Gull</B>, one of the more respectable taverns in Nexus Alpha. The lift halted with a subtle hiss, and the door swung open. His entourage of guards and assistants poured out before him, and he followed suite.<P>The Admiral was a tall, stately man. He stood at 6'2", and was dressed in his finest uniform. His neat, pressed uniform was a bright pearly white, and shined almost as if the fibers were interwoven with microfine jewels. He entered the tavern, and Trageton was pointed out to him by the host.<P>He approached the General's table, and introduced himself.</I><P>"General Trageton, I am Admiral Ganner Demming. Welcome aboard Nexus Alpha."<P><I>Demming sat down opposite Trageton, and stole a glance at the panoramic window, the swirling clouds of the immense blue giant filling the view.</I><P>"We want to help you, General. The UWN exists solely to keep the peace. However, we need all the details you can give us."<P>OOC: I'm proud of Nexus Alpha :D My greatest creation.

Bunita Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:52 pm

The <I>Saruzin</I> entered the Star-Dock and GAR was at the airlock when an aide approached. <BR> "Sir. Khall ... was destroyed..."<BR> "What?!?"<BR> "Enemies of the Corellian Empire hypered out at Khall and razed the surface of the planet."<BR> "Any survivors?"<BR> "No sir, none."<BR> "What of Janson?"<BR> "En route, sir."<BR> "Keep me posted."<BR> "Yessir!"<BR>***<BR>Grand Admiral Ronin arrived at the meeting, shortly after Admiral Demming.<BR> "Ah. Am I late?"

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:31 am

OOC: I write up a list of characters and ships for these things, then always lose them. Plus it's hard to search for the old battles on this forum. That's why the names keep changing. But this time I am putting the list on my laptop, so I don't lose it. not only that, I finally decided on a new name for the enemies of the Corellian Empire. Try to guess the reference. I'm also mapping this on a galaxy map, and know where my borders are now. And where the cluster is that I'm giving away. FYI, it's just inside the deep core, between Khomm and Ebaq. Good resources, a moderate number of access points, fairly safe. i'm also assuming Khall was somewhere in the Doldur sector, unless someone has a problem with that?<P>IC:<BR>"Sir, we are recieving reports from all of our border outposts. The Stumbos Alliance is making their move. Bestine and Vulvarich have already fallen. Teyr and Devaron have reported scouts in their systems. They seem to be moving up the Spine. It seems that the action at Khall was just to distract us from their intended invasion, and possibly assassinate you. Or to cut us off from out allies. They are being pretty ambitious sir. Not just going for us, but moving all over the place. They seem to be going for Aargau, Ambria, Taboon, Iktotch, Aridus, Kalarba, Sullust, dozens of other planets. Looks like they are trying to cut the major routes into our terretory, and also to secure the Stenness Node for some reason. On the spinward edge of our terretory, Leria Kersil is under threat, and though it's not our terretory persay, Kuat looks to be hit soon."<P>"Thank you Colonel Gennedy." Janson was appalled. In two days, hell had broken loose. Comadore Nylan was en route aboard the <I>Titan</I> to meet with Trageton, Ronin, and Demming. <I>Glory</I> was also underway, and the two ships would be turned over after the meeting. Janson had just arrived at fleet station <I>Ticonderoga</I> in orbit of Talus. Each of the five worlds had their own fleet station, each with somewhat specialized functions. Corellia and Drall were best at construction and repair respectively. Selonia had <I>Tempest Station</I>, the communications center for the fleet. Talus was home to Fleet Command, while Tralus was orbited by Fighter Command. Centerpoint was mainly used as a massive spacedock, research instillation, and home for billions of citizens and Fleet personnel. The entire system was well fortified. The same could not be said however for the rest of the Empire, save about a dozen key planets. Janson groaned at the situation, then stared at the massive stellar track display in the center of the room. It showed a holo of the galaxy, currently zoomed in to show the region that included the Corellian Empire, indicated by red, and the various terretories that made up the Stumbos Alliance, in gold. Golden lines snaked out in several directions from the Enemy regions, including one straight up the Trade Spine. "All right. Colonel , open up the fleet access channel. Good. Attention to all forces. As you may have heard, the Stumbos Alliance has made their move. They are hitting everyone they can, and hard. A major group is moving up the Trade Spine into our terretory as I speak. not only this, but we may be alone in fighting them. Currently we are speaking with other powers, other friends, but as of yet, we will be handling this ourselves. It is an extraordinary burden to place on you, but I have faith that you can meet and exceed all expectations. I don't have to remind you what happens if we lose. We are fighting not for allies, not in far off sectors, but in our own space, our own homes, and our own borders. We are fighting for our safety. And we must prevail! We will prevail!"<P>Janson turned off the comm, but could still hear cheering throughout the room. While it was good that morale was high, there was a good chance it would not last. Thus far, all battles fought had been losses from what he knew. The enemy was using the <I>Tacitus</I> and her two sisters to great effect. The 14th fleet was in disarray, and regrouping at Duros. It wasn't looking good at the moment. All Janson could do was start issuing deployment orders, and then it was up to the fleet commanders and strategist.
Corellian Browncoat

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:53 pm

<I>Admiral Demming reached into his uniform's pocket, removing from it a small, circular object. Placing it on the table, the surface of the object lit up, projecting a small hologram above the table.<P>The hologram was that of the galaxy, showing the boundries of all of the major governments. Demming pointed out the movements of the UPMF fleet, as well as the enemies of the Corellian Empire.</I><P>"The UPMF will probably not stay puzzled for long. Within a day or two, they will probably have tracked you here. A representative from the Corellian Empire is on his way here, and they no doubt could use help as well. We're all in a tight bind here, gentlemen..."

Bunita Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:31 pm

*After recieving a radio message, the great black behemoths slowly exited the dock in the facility in the Dreighton Nebulae, headed for the Trade Spine in the Correlian Empire.*<BR> "Lieutenant,"<BR> "Yes..."<BR> "Radio Janson. Tell him reinforcements are on the way."

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:30 am

Supreme Commander Alyn Yadrec studied the fleet logs recreating the recent events. Things had developed way beyond the borders of rationalism. First her former friends and colleagues had turned into traitors and had fled to the uncharted regions. When they had tracked them down they suddenly came up with allies from several completely unknown cultures, forces that would post a serious problem for the UPMF.<BR>Then these new arrivals had come into play, which appeared to be a threat to those allies again. And now they were right in the middle of this chaos. It was time to pick a side.<BR>She closed the log file and let her views sway over the bridge of her new flagship, the <B>Glory</B><BR><I>The enemy of my enemy is my friend.</I> <BR>"Comm, hail the <B>Tacitus!</B> We wish to form an alliance!"

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:20 am

OOC: That's not very nice... :D <P>On board the juggernaught <I>Tacitus</I> a young crewman scurried up the the commanding officer.<P>"My Lord, a message." The man picked it up and glanced at it, before crumpling it in his hand. <P>"This may be exactly what we need to end the existance of the Corellian Empire and her allies finally. They have been a thorn in our sides for far too long. Tell this Commander Yadrec that Warlord Prakka Sern would like to meet her to discuss the mutual benefits of an alliance. I think that we may become good frineds."
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:58 pm

OOC: OK, let's asume Nylan's already there.<P>"I am not too worried about Lady Shiromy and myself." Vince looked into the round. "As I see it, after the recent developments the UPMF fleet would not post a real danger to us. They wouldn't stand a chance against Nexus Alpha itself." <BR>Vince grimly watched the holographic projection spinning slowly above the table. The UPA territory was a rather small in the rather far regions of the galaxy - an area that just bordered both the corellian empire and the Stumbos territory.<BR>"It's the UPA themselves I'm worried about. If the Stombus Alliance continues on their course, they'd simply overrun the United Planets."<BR>He tipped a tiny point on the holo, and the map zoomed in until it showed the khall system. "The Glory was still in the area, when the that flagship arrived and obliterated Khall, so they know about them now. Admiral Yadrec is smart. She knows very well that the UPMF would never stand such an invasion - or a fight against the Stumbos Alliance."<BR>"You think they might try to ally with them?" Demming said and rose a brow.<BR>"Possible. Phlic Aelhoc is no war strategist. His game is politics. When the Dhilani invaded the UPA, he was the one to become renegade and trying to ally with them - hoping to gain government over the UPA territory, once the Dhilani were done with them."<BR>"Well, that would make sense then." Commodore Nylan agreed.<BR>"This is a war none of us can win on his own." Demming said then. "Only together we can stand against these foes and bring an end to their menace."<BR>Agreeing murmur went through the small small round.<BR>"It is time to join forces."<P>OOC: We need a cool name for this allance! :)

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:33 pm

OOC: Elrond called a galactic council! :P<BR>How about the Grand Armada? And for everyone's reference, I'm using the galaxy map from <A HREF="http://www.nav-computer.com." TARGET=_blank>www.nav-computer.com.</A> I'll put up my modified version when I can access it again. It's at home.
Corellian Browncoat