Battle Thread: BoAS I - OOC

to immortalize all those epic battles we fought together...

Re: Battle Thread: BoAS I - OOC

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Fri May 06, 2005 7:57 am

Omega Sync: Actually pretty obvious, I know - Warrior(fusion cannon), Dominance and Warhammer link their fire on a single target, suitable for fighting big ships, none of the three could take upon solo.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Design HQ | Vince T's X-Wing HQ

Major Wes Janson
Rear Admiral (Upper Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue May 10, 2005 2:38 pm

Let's get this battle going again!
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

The Corellian Alchemist
Cadet 1st Class

Post by The Corellian Alchemist » Fri May 13, 2005 1:26 pm

Just to let you guys know, I do plan on joining the battle thread again, but right now I'm on the road (typing this from the lobby of a hotel in Albuquerque, NM) and I'm usually just too tired to think a lot at night. Driving really takes it out of you. ;) I should be back home somewhere around a week from now, maybe a few days earlier, I don't really know.
<I>We may journey towards the end, but in the end it is the journey itself that matters.</I>

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Fri May 20, 2005 1:13 pm

C'mon Peeps, get going! :D

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat May 21, 2005 1:55 am

I just posted :P well, just before you did actually.
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sat May 21, 2005 9:32 pm

@Draco: It's not Naibas who is 'defying' Jansons orders, but Admiral Nimziki<P>@Wes, correct me if I'm wrong, of course :D

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat May 21, 2005 9:47 pm

No, you're right. Nimziki is losing it...
Corellian Browncoat

mateus
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mateus » Sat May 21, 2005 10:26 pm

Well... I guess I'm out...<BR>All my ships were destroyed and I feel like it wasn't fair, since everything is better than what I have and my guys and ships were simply treated like they wasn't not even a danger, like they were amateurs... They were simply destroyed and no real combat happened.<BR>Ok, I'm not used to these games and I didn't knew the rules, but I still think is was not fair! :)<P>Anyway... I was planning to get past GT's fleet trying to get at <B>Adminis Prime</B> were a tomb with an artifact was hidden... My fleet was being followed closelly by the <B>collossal</B> and <B>powerful</B> Gammanckian fleet who also wanted the artifact. Naibas didn't had much time. Naibas knew the system was under the protection of the UW, so that why he was already aware of GT's presence. So, if you guys like the idea here's the Gammanckian fleet.<P><B>Warchief Gzalerr N'boaht</B><BR>4 Ancient Battleships - 7 km<BR>6 Whalles - 5 km<BR>10 Turtles - 2.5 km<BR>12 Heavy frigates - 1.5km<BR>20 Corvettes - 500m<BR>Plenty of fighters.<P>It is needed to know that even a single corvette can take care easilly of 2 ISDII and the fighters cannot be taken out if the <B>shield generators</B> are not taken care (their inside the <B>Whalles</B> and <B>Turtles</B>). The Gammanckians strange technollogies make their shields <B>REALLY</B> powerful.<BR>The cap ships don't have shields but their hull is almost impervious. The IFF codes cannot be correct read and the ships can only be seen by the naked eye. All the lasers (wave-kind) can get past shields and their ships cannot be disabled by normal means.<BR>In other words, they are supposed to be <B>POWERFUL</B>.<BR>The <B>Ancient Battleships</B> are automated and from an <B>ancient empire</B> and acts like guardians. Extremelly powerful can take care of a single fleet all by itself. The Warchief found a way to control them.<BR>The Gammanckians in hand-to-hand combat are also fierce and cannot be taken out easilly.<BR>Well, the tomb was from one of those ancient guys and a key to control their battleships...<P>I was trying to have a single enemy for everyone. More info about the gammanckian at the site.
<A HREF="http://www.CHIMAERA.com.br" TARGET=_blank>www.CHIMAERA.com.br</A> - Coincidence?<BR><A HREF="http://adp.bluephantom.de" TARGET=_blank>A Dark Prophecy Campaign</A> - Need help!<BR>Work in progress:<BR><B>Malevolent-class SD</B> - <B>M:</B>100% <B>T:</B>45% <B>O:</B>100%<BR><B>TIE Cobra</B> - <B>M:</B>99% <B>T:</B>0% <B>O:</B>100%<BR><B>Acclamator Troop Transport</B> - <B>M:</B>100% <B>T:</B>70% <B>O:</B>100%

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sun May 22, 2005 7:48 am

@Mateus, you did no longer actively participated in the battle. We couldn't have waited that long. So we had to consider you defeated - and make sure you were.<P>also, what did we tell you about using uber-Ships, super armor and such?<P>Nearly Invinsible, Invisible, invulnerable super-ships? No!<BR>A 500m corvette to take on 2 ISDIIs? No!<P>If this is a reaction to my omega-maneuver, mind that this only worked because Dominance and Warhammer were far bigger than conventional ISDs and normal barrages would have had a similar effect only taking more time..<P>But anyway - go ahead and bring in your super-powerful and nearly indestructable ships. But be aware that then I won't hold back Vince's and Shiromy's Ydaa- and Cha'lynh-powers either.<p>[ 22 May 2005: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

frakel
Cadet 1st Class

Post by frakel » Mon May 23, 2005 9:16 am

Would you mind some Privateers joining in your next battle? Nothing big and fancy compared to your respective battlefleets - just a bunch of space scoundrels that might show at at the wrong time in the wrong place... aaarg!
Used to go by the name Dodonna around here - until the new boards changed that...

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon May 23, 2005 9:38 am

sure, sounds fun hehe :)

frakel
Cadet 1st Class

Post by frakel » Mon May 23, 2005 10:57 am

What universe is this taking place in? I´m a bit confused: The correlians? United planets?<BR>Is is starwars many years after the movies? Is there a connection with the blue phantom project? (I really can´t tell since your site seems to be under construction).<P>EDIT: found a link that worked...<p>[ 23 May 2005: Message edited by: Dodonna ]
Used to go by the name Dodonna around here - until the new boards changed that...

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon May 23, 2005 11:11 am

Well, it's not connected to any particlar universe and time. the Adminis System - derived from Admin Test Chamber :)<P>On my side, it WOULD play somewhat 5 years after the Events of the Blue Phantom project, but does not have any influence on the actual TBP story(unlike some of the prior battles).<P>Basically you pick a faction, you pick your ships, make sure they're not overly powerful and in unrealistic numbers(i.e. 5 Eclipse II SSDs with 3 DS2 superlasers each and impenetrable shields) And then you just let your fantasy take over the bridge. Backstories for key characters make it all more interesting :)

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon May 23, 2005 8:34 pm

Corellian Empire is just a faction I made up for fun, because I like Corellia. It's led by Admiral Wes Janson (Not related to the Rebel Pilot :D ) and covers an area of the core and colonies worlds mainly focused on the Corellian Run and Trade Spine. My fleet is mainly made up of ships from Star Wars and Freespace II, with a few random bits, like the Swordfish II fighters and now Slipspace drives. Most of my capships are modified to take into account all these technologies, often leading to redundant systems (3 different styles of FTL drives)<P>I consider my faction to be an Alternate Universe sort of group, and thus not part of the Star Wars stroyline. We do try to take into account events in previous battles, and a lot of ships and characters carry over (for me, when I can remember them. Sometime I need to go and get a full list of my ships and characters and put it all together)
Corellian Browncoat

mateus
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mateus » Mon May 23, 2005 11:29 pm

@GT - I wasn't thinking about bringing those ships as my fleet, I was thinking about bringing that fleet as the enemy, my enemy too, a enemy everyone would have to work together to defeat. The objective was not being uber, but tought, really tought!!! Something like only a joint effort could take care and even with a joint effort, high sacrifices would be needed. That was my idea. I was going to suggest it but the battle took other way...<BR>Anyway... Maybe in a next time...<P>And I'm not "fighting" here (sorry, I can't find the right word) so this is not a responce to what was written about my characters and ships, I was trying to add a little more adventure thing, something like a goal, something like "or the Gammanckians are destroyed or everyone else would be0!!" Something like that. <BR>Don't worry I only play games for fun and this is a good thing to exercize my english writting abilities!!! :)<p>[ 24 May 2005: Message edited by: Mateus Borges ]
<A HREF="http://www.CHIMAERA.com.br" TARGET=_blank>www.CHIMAERA.com.br</A> - Coincidence?<BR><A HREF="http://adp.bluephantom.de" TARGET=_blank>A Dark Prophecy Campaign</A> - Need help!<BR>Work in progress:<BR><B>Malevolent-class SD</B> - <B>M:</B>100% <B>T:</B>45% <B>O:</B>100%<BR><B>TIE Cobra</B> - <B>M:</B>99% <B>T:</B>0% <B>O:</B>100%<BR><B>Acclamator Troop Transport</B> - <B>M:</B>100% <B>T:</B>70% <B>O:</B>100%

General Edor Crespin
Rear Admiral (Lower Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Tue May 24, 2005 3:55 am

The Remnant Hegemon grew out of the SSD <I>Shadowkeeper</I>, who was in turn inspired by the SSD <I>Dictator</I>, commanded by AK1 and Legend. :D<P><B>EDIT:</B> Okay, so it's 55 minutes after midnight. :eek:<p>[ 24 May 2005: Message edited by: General Edor Crespin ]
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

frakel
Cadet 1st Class

Post by frakel » Tue May 24, 2005 4:16 am

This sounds fun! I´ll be busy doing RL stuff for the next couple of weeks - then I´ll be back.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue May 24, 2005 4:29 am

We have these battles intermittantly. so no worries about missing one, another will show up. <P>Wasn't the SSD Dictator the one with S-Foils?
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Tue May 24, 2005 9:01 am

OK, save the Gammackians for the next battle, we allready have enough trouble for now :D<P>Oh, @Draco, I wasn't that close to the Hera. The Warrior is in a distance of about 10-12km.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue May 24, 2005 9:43 am

Yep. We have a commander on one of my two oldest ships losing it, a fleet of about 24 ships now headed in past the disabled <I>Intrepid</I> and the rest of my fleet thinking of disobeying orders. <P>Lots of Fun. At least <I>Cantwell</I> won't die. It's one of the three classics I have :D<P>I have no compunctions against it being in need of an extensive refit though :D IT's been through that twice already. Plus a full rebuild along with her sister, <I>Kearsage</I>
Corellian Browncoat

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Tue May 24, 2005 10:56 am

Yeah, the <I>Dictator</I> was the one with the S-foils.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue May 24, 2005 11:53 am

Thought so. That was a crazy ship to be honest.
Corellian Browncoat

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Tue May 24, 2005 3:52 pm

It was completely frelled up, to be honest. :p

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue May 24, 2005 4:15 pm

It even had the engines, didn't it? With the scale of those things, an ISD could fly inside the engines and evaporate.
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Wed May 25, 2005 9:53 am

Well that would be sort of a weapon as well, wouldn't it? :D