MOO Squadron: The Battle of Carmox XII

to immortalize all those epic battles we fought together...

MOO Squadron: The Battle of Carmox XII

Rich C
Lieutenant JG

Post by Rich C » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:34 pm

Time for a classic fleet battle methinks<P>If you've beein in one before, you know the drill<P>If you've never done a "proper" forum battle before, watch and learn, and join in when you feel confident.<P>Rules: <BR>No invincible ships :D<P>-----------------------------------------<P>Sitting in the Station Cantina, Rich C greets Vince, the newly promoted squadron leader, the room lit by the reflected light of Carmox XII. As they share a few drinks, the rest of Moo squadron, some old, some new, enter and join in the promotion celebrations.<P>Suddenly, the station is rocked by turbolaser fire...<P>"To the hangar!" Vince shouts with a calculated frown.<P>The gleaming, polished custom Victory II's swarm from the hangar, 12 winged cow-print chariots ready for anything, passing the charging turbolaser defences, waiting to see who had attacked their temporary HQ...<P>Flicking to ICQ, Rich sends a message to Vince:<P>"Let's see what we're up against boss..." :D<p>[ 02 September 2005: Message edited by: Rich C ]
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:01 pm

Vince let out a relieved sigh when his fighter blasted into space. Starting up the system had taken him three reboots, two reinstallations of Engine drivers and a few minutes of debugging the ship's targeting system.<P>Not to mention those cryptical error messages that kept showing very now and then. But he had gotten used to those.<P>Switching to ICQ he confirmed. "Alright, boys. this is Moo leader. Go at 3/4 speed and follow me!"<P>Switching to a different chat channel he hailed the HQ. "So, what's all this fuss about?"<BR>"Moo leader, we've picked up unknown signals entering the system from the north. We want you to invstigate."<BR>"Investigate? Nice!" Vince snorted.<P>"OK, boys, you heard'em. Let's roll!"<P>With these words, Vince thrusted his cowhide covered throttle lever forward and blasted away into deep space.<p>[ 05 September 2005: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Design HQ | Vince T's X-Wing HQ

Rich C
Lieutenant JG

Post by Rich C » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:09 pm

After reconnecting his stick to the USB port under the dash, Rich copies Vince's flight pattern and takes out his compass:<P>"North?"<P>The rapidly spinning needle gave no clues to Rich as it was affected by his fighter's magnetic engine coils, so with a moments hesitation, he throws it down the waste disposal under the seat<P>"Moo 2 to Moo Leader, I get no readings yet, err... North?" :eek:

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:01 am

OOC: New character, and I hope I can join in. If not, Vince, just delete my post. :)<P>IC: "Stupid piece of crap!"<P>Davis' Victory II refused to boot. Nor did it start. Techs scrambled around him as his fighter stayed motionless.<P>"Check the cabling!"<P>"Are the primary monitors running?"<P>"Davis, run a virus scan! Or can you even start up?"<P>Davis slumped. He wasn't getting into the air anytime soon.
Eclipse

Rich C
Lieutenant JG

Post by Rich C » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:39 pm

(This is open to anyone man ;) )<P>Brings up Draco on ICQ:<P>"Sorry, we didn't have time to get SP2 up and running on all the fighters, here"<P>*Sends WinXP SP2 installer - 100%*<P>"Now get back into formation!! Something or someone could attack at any moment..."

Major Wes Janson
Rear Admiral (Upper Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:08 pm

"Moo squadron, this is Command. We have enemy fighters on our scanners. Looks like droid fighters, running OSX. They may have limited capability, but they will be hard to take down."<P>---<P>OOC: :D
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Rich C
Lieutenant JG

Post by Rich C » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:51 pm

"Argh, Mac Droids..."<P>*Switches to ICQ*<P>"Orders Vince? Recommend after we nail these guys we keep an eye out for any Crapital ships or fleeing iPods"<P> :D

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:11 pm

Vince cursed. Mac Droids! Thse little buggers could pose a considerable threat to unexperienced pilots.<P>Too bad for them there weren't any unexperienced pilots around.<P>"Full power to weapons and firewalls! Let's take tose bandits out quick and clean, before those four whiskeys take effect! *icks*<P>accessing his fighters console, Vince spawned another throttle lever, which he pushed forward to throttle his fighter forward with 200% speed.<P>// OOC<P>Second throttle lever cheat:<BR>~ (for console)<BR>item spawn throttle (for add. throttle lever)<p>[ 03 September 2005: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:33 pm

Lights on the MAC droids flash on and sweep across the MOO fighters and station. <P>"This is command! They are using a virus! Norton arrays are responding, but they got in a good hit first. A lot of our systems are down. We may have to reset the system."
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Rich C
Lieutenant JG

Post by Rich C » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:15 pm

"Copy control, Moo 3, Moo 4, cover the HQ while it reboots"<P>Swooping in behind Vince, Rich lines up a Mac droid in his sights and sends it to silicon hell<P>"Woohoo! First Blood!" Comes the Net Send on everyone's monitor<P>Checking his gauges, all MOO craft appear OK.<P>"Moo 2 to Moo Leader, several droids are making a run on the base, HQ seems to be having some trouble with the plug & play for the shields, I'll go back to help 3 and 4, you OK to keep toastin?"<P>----------<BR>OOC: Draco, guess we'll make you Moo 3 :D

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:21 am

OOC: Sweet. :D<P>IC: "STUPID PIECE OF CRAP!!!"<P>The repair personell, having finished trying everything they could think of, had not been gone twenty seconds when Davis cried out again.<P>SP2 had frozen on install.<P>Davis broughtout his emergency walkie-talkie. "Negative, Moo 2. Unless you've got an image of your fighter's drive handy, I'm a sitting duck."<P>One of the techs, hearing this, ran to a locker, returning with a two Iomega Jaz disks. "Sir, we've got an older partition here. It's 2000, but it was a working fighter file system when we used them. This fighter might take to it nicely."<P>"Gimme it."<P>Within minutes, using a spare copy of Drive Image and a quick Plug-and-Play install of a temporary Jaz drive, Davis' fighter was ready to go, albeit on a slightly older, and slightly less RAM-hogging OS.<P>Davis booted his fighter up and found that drivers for weapons, engines, shields, and controls were already installed. Smiling, Davis inserted a CD and switched communications over to ICQ.<P>"Scratch that negative, Moo 2. I'm ready to fly and will comply with your order."<P>As <I>The Last Element</I> began playing in his cockpit, Davis kicked the fighter off the deck and out into space with a fluidity he'd not expected of the fighter.<P>Maybe Windows 2000 wasn't such a bad thing after all.
Eclipse

Turbostraw
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Turbostraw » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:23 am

<I>Turbostraw on the bridge of the crapital ship Fat Mac, looked silently at the stars when suddenly...</I><P>"You there! What the hell are you doing just dreaming around! Get into a ship and hyper to the combat zone!"<P>"Wha?...I don't know how to pilot, nor am I a pilot...I'm only the delivery boy..."<P>"Meh don't worry a monkey could fly these things."<P><I>Turbostraw shrugged, he had no choice really, a quick glance on the status monitors showed his ship was too sober to be taken out into space, and a group of mean looking body built men were coming near him with large brushed metal sticks...</I><P>--<p>[ 04 September 2005: Message edited by: Turbostraw ]
Hello.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:30 pm

Vince bit his teeth when barely evading an exploding Mac Droid.<P>"Moo leader to HQ, how's the reboot proceeding?"<P>"We're almost done, but there's a slight problem!"<P>Vince frowned. "What problem?"<P>"We forgot the login password and the admin is on holiday since last tuesday!" Vince quietly cursed. <B>THAt</B> was just great!<P>Alright, HQ, hold on as long as you can and call for tech support. We'll cover you as long as it takes." Vince swallowed hard as he realized what he had just said.<P>"Moo 3, you got any nachos with you? If tech support won't respond we'll be out here for quite a while!"

Rich C
Lieutenant JG

Post by Rich C » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:21 pm

"I think that's a negative on Nachos Moo Leader, emergency Tacos are stored behind your chair at an impossible to reach angle, convenient no?"<P>After munching the remains of his Taco, and popping his shoulder back into place, Rich realised he had caught up with the Mac Droids, picking one off, Rich noticed the pulsating target lock indicators on the other five.<P>"Trojan torpedoes! Moo 3 heads up, take em down! Moo Leader, how many more of these droids you got over there?"

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:41 pm

"I'm almost done with them. Just a moment..."<P>A soft tip to the trigger tore the last of the Mac droids apart.<P>"Alright, I'm on my way."<P>As Vince kicked in his boosters and headed back to the battle around the HQ his main screen suddenly flashed up.<P>Automatic Update Installation complete.</font><P>"hey, what the...? <P>Your system will be rebooted now.</font><P>Vince stared in disbelief for a few seconds. Then his screens turned black, as his fighter rebooted.<P>Or tried to. <I>It always bugs when restarting...</I>. Vince already spoke a silent prayer that his system would reboot fine this time.<P>Of course it didn't. Nothing happened. Black screns. Damn!<P>Moments later something above him flickered and suddenly black deepspace was replaced something big and grey.<P>Without his sensors he couldn't identify the newly arrived cruiser easily. But he knew it was none of theirs.<P>Then his fighter began to move. Upward. <I>Tractor Beam</I><P>Invain he kept pressing the reset button, but without success. And the enemy hangar bay came closer.<P>Grimly he caught a last glimpse of the battlefield ahead before the massive hangar gates closed around him.<p>[ 04 September 2005: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Turbostraw
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Turbostraw » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:35 pm

<I>Turbostraw entered the hangar bay of the Yosemite. It was massive, yet uncluttered, full of activity of movement, yet not a sound could be heard. The Sheep Violator squadron was getting prepared for combat. The pilots in their ships were silently reading at newspaper, listening at their iPods, while "Geniuses" were activating the various systems of the Starfighters.</I><P><I>One of these engineers came to Turbostraw and handed him a flight suit, it was...white...and....white, quickly Turbo decided his spatiojeans and turboshirt would protect him more suitably againts whatever problems he might encounter.</I><P><I>A droid leaded Turbo to his assigned fighter, a sleek, agile, and powerful Starfighter. The delivery boy had never been even close to something this advanced, he passed lovingly his hand on the cold aluminum like plating, and sat in the cockpit.</I><P><I>White and blue lights inside the somber cockpit casted a faint glow on Turbo's arm, in front of him, the hangar bay blast doors were opening to the darkness. The Starfighter booted:BOIIIIIIIIING Welcome to OSX</I><P><I>Ca-Clang, the blast doors locked themselves in open position when suddenly a huge cow...no...a starfighter crashed into the hangar bay. The elitist crew, shocked by this event started lamenting about the scratches made on the white plastic floor instead of focusing on apprehending the enemy. At the same time a pilot jumped out of his wrecked starship, blasting pilots droids and grandmas to hell! The pilot ran to Turbo's starship, and pointed a gun at the clueless delivery boy</I><P>Pilot: Mind If I hitch a ride?<P>Turbo: Let's punch it!<P><BR><I>The fighter's canopy closed as the escaping pilot sat in the crammed space behind Turbo's seat. The engines roared while the fighter violently plowed in the wall behind it, fell down, and powered down...a few seconds later the fighter came back to life again, and swiftly escaped from the furious iPodders that were coming to it...</I><p>[ 04 September 2005: Message edited by: Turbostraw ]
Hello.

Rich C
Lieutenant JG

Post by Rich C » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:40 pm

"Moo 2 to Moo Leader..."<P>Rich tried a few times to get a response from Vince, but to no avail...<P>"All fighters be advised, Moo Leader is MIA"<P>Rich's fuzzy scanner held no revelations, changing to the options screen, he switched to hardware mode<BR>With everthing looking much smoother and clear, Rich noticed for the first time what a great job Vince had done with these new ships... but there were more pressing matters to attend to, Moo 3 and 4 had cleared the remaining Mac droids from the HQ, and no torpedoes seemed to have met their targets.<P>"Moo squad, form on my wing and prepare to strafe that crapital ship... we're going in thick and fast, we'll need to speed up to 4x time, that's CTRL+T on your keypads boys, Let's go!"

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:16 am

"All fighters, this is Command! Our systems are back up. But the enemy is starting to use lag generators!"
Corellian Browncoat

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:16 am

"Roger that, Two. 4x speed engaged, forming up on your wing."<P>Davis began his strafing run right alongside Two and Four, taking out Mac Mouse turrets everywhere. They were so much easier to take out than PC mice; only one button meant half the functionality to take out. (OOC: :D)<P>Davis saw some fighters in his rear-view screen; 2000 was taking to his webcam nicely. "Four, I've got a bogey on my tail. I'm gonna try and shake him. Cover Two. I'll be back."<P>Davis kicked his fighter up onto his cowhide-spotted portwing and climbed, his enemy trailing him. Before he could get a lock, however, another Mac fighter took a shot at it and destroyed it.<P>Davis spoke into his mic and broadcast throughout a general chatroom. "Who do I have the pleasure of vaping for stealing my kill?"<P>It was One's voice that responded. "Me, Three. Return to formation. I've comandeered this fighter and its pilot, considering my Victory is a loss."<P>Davis grinned. "Acknoledged. Permission to cleanup remaining fighters with Four and return to cover HQ?"
Eclipse

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:50 am

With his legs oddly angled behind his neck and his generally huddled up position Vince felt slightly uncomfortable in the small cramped space behind the pilot.<P>He pointed his blaster at the station they were heading to. <P>"You can drop me over there, I need a new ship."<P>"As you say. You're the boss." The delivery boy muttered. He wasn't in the position - just like Vicne wasn't in the mood - to negotiate.<P>Bouncing between the beams of the Cruiser's heavy mouse turrets the fighter made its way to the HQ and with a few bounces landed on the mainflight deck.<P>As the canopy had swung open, Vince somehow managed to squeeze back out of the cockpit.<P>"Thanks for the ride." He appreciated throwing him a few credits as tip.<P>While the small fighter took off again Vince was already strolling around the hangar looking for something to fly.

Rich C
Lieutenant JG

Post by Rich C » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:48 am

"Moo 2 to all craft, Moo Leader is back at HQ, beginning his Victory's destruct sequence"<P>Hesitating for a moment, as it seemed a shame to waste such a beautiful ship, Rich flicked open the destructor panel, and slammed his fist down on the first red button...<P>And nothing happened...<P>"Dammit! We really should have finished this system off!"<P>Frowning intently at the small, now blue, screen, Rich slammed the panel shut.<P>"HQ, see what you've got for Vince so he can get his ass back out here, I'm gonna go make sure nobody gets ahold of that Victory"<P>Dodging blasts as he goes, Rich heads for the Crapital Ship Hangar, the other Moo Fighters were keeping the majority of the turrets busy. Rich fired a pair of Heavy Pocket Rockets at the off-white hangar bay doors, before breaking off so he could get a clear shot at Vince's downed fighter.<BR>Looking at Moo 3's webcam feed on the auxiliary screen, Rich noticed hundreds of little shapes emerging from the buckled and torn hangar entrance... :eek:

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:48 pm

Vince blinked at the sight of what the HQ had offered him as replacement for his downed Victory Mk2.<P>"You've got to be kidding!" he muffled.<P>Walking around the fighter a few more times he finally turned his back on it and walked to a nearby console.<P>Luckily his position as squad leader empowered him with access to certan logistical transactions. Keying in a few commands and clicking himself through the catalogues he finally found what he was looking for.<P>Setting the purchase order quantity to 12 he confirmed the rder.<P>And waited. Somebody would surely pay for those. Somebody always paid. And if not Vince would make them pay. After all, there was no way they'd be getting him to fly something like THAT!<p>[ 07 September 2005: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Rich C
Lieutenant JG

Post by Rich C » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:47 pm

"M'aidez, M'aidez, I have twenty... no, thirty... over a hundred bogeys on me, usi.. s.me k... .f ..n w......"<P>The radio feed from Rich's fighter became no more than a static hiss, after being pelted by ion hits, looking outside, Rich noticed Moo 5 had suffered the same fate, worse still, a group of tugs had left the crapital ship, and were heading their way...