Battle of the Adminis-System - Part II: The Hunt

to immortalize all those epic battles we fought together...

Battle of the Adminis-System - Part II: The Hunt

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:12 pm

OOC: Depending on how the story develops I might chane the title. After all Vince wants to hunt down Alyn Yadrec. :)<P>IC:<BR>The bridge looked almost identical to the one he had been commanding just a few hours ago. More modern display - and a bit more ship outside the large viewports made the major differences.<P>They had called in for the <B>Traqia</B> right after landing on the Dominance. This massive battleship was almost three times the size of his dead former flagship - and had many times its power. Although it was actually Shiromy's flagship, it had been named after Vince's destroyed home city of Taquia.<P>The remains of Alyn Yadrec's fleet that had not been destroyed by he Hera's explosion or during the battle had panically fled when the Traquia had arrived and killed an enemy Frigate within seconds.<P>"Send hailings to our allies that we're operational again. And give me a channel to the Cantwell!"<P>After a few moments a green light on his arm console blinked and before him hte holographic image of Admiral Nimziki appeared.<P>"General Trageton!" The man said. "I am most pleased to see you alive and well! I hope the Empress is doing well, too?"<BR>"I Thank you for your care. Lady Shiromy is recovering quickly."<BR>"Good, good." the man siad. There was something strange about him. His voice was ... izy. It was obvious that those nice words were only out of pure courtesy.<BR>"If you'll excuse me, General." He then continued. "I am a little occupied with those United World thugs!"<BR>Vince's eyes narrowed to slits.<BR>"Which is why I contacted you." The other man rose a brow. "I want you to cease your attack on the United Worlds." <BR>A puzzled expression blushed over Nimziki's face as if he was trying to figure out, what Vince had just said.<BR>"At Once." Vince added.<p>[ 25 July 2005: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Design HQ | Vince T's X-Wing HQ | My Steam Workshop

Major Wes Janson
Rear Admiral (Upper Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:23 pm

Admiral Nimziki glanced at the General in confusion. <I>Why is he telling me to stop? The UW is the enemy!</I> Unfortunately there was no way to ignore the man. Not because Nimziki particularly respected Trageton, but because he was an ally, which meant that turning around and blasting his ship with the main gun was not an option. Instead he decided to postpone the issue. He addressed the other commander who was still waiting for a reply with an even tone. <P>"I'm sorry, but your actions are unacceptable. The UW are a threat, and must be dealt with as such. And while we are allies, that does not give you the right to attempt to hijack a Corellian Fleet." <P>"What are you ralking about? The UW is an ally as well!" Trageton frowned. "And I did nothing that could even be construed as attempting to take over your fleet," he added defensively. <P>"Cut the comm. Helm, set a course for Denon. Admiral Kitth thinks as we do about the UW and we need more support." The orders were quickly followed and the massive ship spun and leapt out of the system in a flash of psuedomotion. <P>---<P>Comadore Colton was stressed. The enemy fleet had disabled his ship, then left the system. There had been chaos in among the battling fleets, but Trageton now had his flagship in-system. And the Admiral had left unexpectedly, without giving the fleet any orders. Though it was not much of a fleet at the moment. His ship needed a fleetdock for repairs. All that was left was his commship, carrier, tender, and about half of the fleets original complement of fighters. <P>"Send word to Admiral Janson requesting orders. And Have what is left of our battlegroup form on us." <P>---<P>Captain Duran looked at the plaintext message angrily. The Admiral had left he battle without giving any orders, but he had sent a message to Command, which the comm ship had picked up.<P><I>Operations begun against UW ships prematurely halted by General Trageton, who attempted to hijack the battlegroup.</I> Cantwell<I> has escaped and will be recovering more fleet assets to continue operations against the UW. Comm system and some sensors may be compromised, and may not be operational for much longer. Rear Admiral Nimziki.</I>
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:13 am

On board the <I>Inferno</I>, Garren watched the <I>Traquia</I> as she stood in contact with several of the other ships in system.<P><I>I think it's time I relinquished control of the </I>Inferno<I>. I need to see Kira.</I>.<P>"Communications, give me a line to Trageton. Prepare a shuttle over to the <I>Traquia</I>. I'm stepping down and returning control of this ship to its commander."<P>"At once, Admiral Draco." (OOC: Why Admiral, Vince? :p)<P>Garren paused until Trageton's image materialized. "Trageton, it's time for Kira and I to leave. I'm sorry for the trouble we have caused you. Thank you for the rescue; it's just one more in a long line that I owe you." <I>Besides... now that the </I>Black Wraith<I> has resurfaced, it's time for me to go after it. I must avenge Keiran.</I>
Eclipse

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:06 am

Vince sighed going through the lines they intercpted. So that crazy admiral wanted to put the blame on them for not getting his way. Things turned out much more delicated than he liked.<BR>At least they had ceased their attack on the UW.<BR>"Get me a comm channel to the Odysseus!"<BR>After a few moments, the image of admiral Demming appeared.<BR>"Admiral, are you all right? What's your status?"<BR>"We'll do fine. Thanks for the intervention. So the Corellians have decided to start a war against us?"<BR>Vince shook his head.<BR>"I sense there's more behind al this. Admiral Janson has always been an ally to both of us."<BR>"That's what strikes me. You'll understand that we can't take any risks here."<BR>Vince made a face. He knew what Demming meant with tha last sentence.<BR>"Things are more complicated. Admiral Nimziki is trying to accuse me of having attempted to hijack his fleet."<BR>"That is complete nonsense!" Demming exclamed.<BR>"I know. But Janson doesn't. We need to make contact with him quickly."<BR>"I agree. We'll send an encoded priority signal to Corellia to warn them."<BR>"Good. I'll try to make contact with him personally."<BR>The holographic projection nodded. "Good luck!"<BR>"and to you!"<BR>After the hologram had faded Vince rose from his command chair. "Open a priority channel to Corellia!"<P>////////////////////////////<P>Shiromy gently pushed the lever to her right forward and the <B>Black Scorpion</B> entered hyperspace.<BR>Off to Corellia.<BR>She had been inactive for far too long. The actions of this Admiral Nimziki were getting critical. Time to solve thins on a higher level.<BR>Vince had managed to contact Admiral janson and give him a rough outline of the situation. Now it up to her to underline their continuously good means - in person. <BR>She hated politics.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:53 am

Admiral Janson recieved all of the messages nearly at once. The <I>Checkmate</I> had just reported in, telling him of the battle and subsequent dissapearance of the <I>Cantwell</I>, causing him to sit down in shock. <I>This is a disaster on multiple levels</I>. Next to arrive was the cryptic note from Nimziki. It made no sense at all. Janson couldn't even remember putting Nimziki in charge of the <I>Cantwell</I> at all. But the message was still important enough to look into. Something had happened out there, something to cause Nimziki to attack the UW and believe that Vince was trying to hijack the fleet. Janson stood up and strode over to his private comm. Just as he was about to key in Vince's private frequency, an incoming transmission appeared. Opening the channel, he laughed. "Speak of the Sith. Vince. I was just about to call you." <P>The older man was grim. "What happened here at Adminis?"<P>"What do you mean? I didn't even know a battle took place until I recieved some reports from Captain Duran. What's going on out there, Vince. One of my people says that you tried to hijack him." <P>General Trageton liiked offended. "I did nothing of the sort, Wes! Admiral Nimziki and your fleet arrived, helped us out, and then when the UW ships entered the battle, he opened up on them with <I>Cantwell</I>! I told him to stand down, but he refused and fled. What orders did you give this man?" <P>Janson rapidly keyed up Nimziki's personnel file onanother screen. "Orders? I didn't give any orders regarding Adminis. I didn't even know some of my ships were there! First thing I heard was that I lost a trio of my newer destroyers and that the <I>Intrepid</I> needs a full refit! Also apparently they captured a ship with an amazing type of FTL drive. I haven't had time to read the full reports yet. Tell me what happened."<P>Trageton summarized the battle for him as he scanned Nimziki's file. When Vince mentioned the loss of the Warrior, Janson grimaced. "Did everyone make it off alright?" The other man nodded. The picture seemed pretty clear now, but Wes checked the archives of Fleet Command to make sure. <P>"Vince, I never gave orders to send a group to Adminis. My staff picked up some comm traffic about the battle and dispatched the group to investigate. Apparently Nimziki found out and switched ships onto the <I>Cantwell</I> when he heard that Intel thought the UW was going to get involved. There's no paperwork on the transfer, but it is noted. He joined the group, sent out orders, and everyone assumed that Fleet command or myself ordered it. Essentially Nimziki just comandeered one of the mainstays of my fleet!" This was bad. <I>Cantwell</I>, along with her sister ship <I>Kearsage</I> was the most powerful ship in the Corellian Navy, and one of the oldest. Those two ships had seen service for some years now, and had the scars and refits to prove it. In addition, they were among the first ships to recieve the integrated technology packages The Corellians used now. "We need to recover that ship, and prevent him from doing more damage. How did the UW fleet fare against him?" Trageton grimaced and didn't say anything. "We also can't destroy her either. Is that clear?" A nod. "Pass on my apologies to the UW. This was not at my order. I'm going to get a group ready to find her." Trageton reacted to that last phrase. "What is it?" The older man sighed. <P>"I'm going to hunt down Alyn Yadrec." Janson nodded. <P>"We'll coordinate the two efforts. I'm going to be in charge of my group personally this time." <P>"I'll send Shiromy to coordinate with you personally." Janson recognized the offer for what it was. Trageton wanted to make sure they were still on good terms. <P>"All right. Have her dock on <I>Oriskany</I> when she arrives. I'll send Captain Hann to coordinate with you." Trageton nodded and cut the comm. <P>Janson scrolled through the Fleet status displays. A large number of ships were on patrol or guard duty. Almost a third of his fleet was in spacedocks, either recovering from the Shadow Alliance Campaign from several years ago, or the more recent Stumbos assaults, or just recieving the integrated technology refits the entire fleet had been scheduled for incrementally. He put out a quick call to Fleet Command. "Issue an order to all ships. Admiral Nimziki has taken <I>Cantwell</I> and gone renegade. Do not follow his orders, and if he is encountered, report in, but do not engage. Second. Have The <I>Oriskany, Gambit, Concord,</I> and <I>Bastion</I> battle groups assemble at Selonia. And tell Aggar Stewart that his leave is going to have to be cut short. I need <I>Kearsage</I> and her group ready within two days. And tell Alysonn Hann to pack some bags. She's going to be a liason. And if she complains, tell her it might mean a bump up to Commadore."<p>[ 06 June 2005: Message edited by: Major Wes Janson ]
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:27 am

"The pleasure was all mine!" Vince asured when bidding farewell to Garren and Kira in the Traquia's main hangar bay.<BR>"Tell Lady Shiromy our greatest gratitude. If it wasn't for her, we'd be dead. "<BR>Vince smiled. "I will. Take care of yourselves. And remember, you're allways welcome here!"<BR>"Thank you, Trageton. We will." Garren said.<BR> last handshake and the two entered the heavy combat yacht.<BR>Since the success the legendary Barracuda had experienced, the modiications were applied to all BRX700's in the fleet.<BR>Vince smirked. They would stand a little better this time than in that rusty shttle they first came with.<BR>Almost without a sound the combat yacht lifted itself from the hangar floor and a few momentslater blasted out of the hangar bay.<BR>For a few more moments his eyes followed the ship until it came out of sight. then he turned and ade his way back to the command bridge.<P>//////////////////////<P>"Orders, General?" Captain Blexton requested.<BR>"Form up what is left of the fleet and set course for New Cophuran.!"<BR>"Aye, Sir"<BR>Vince leaned back in his command chair. his was the silence before the storm. The United worlds had been asured that the actions from the renegade Corellian Admiral were in no way authorized. They were returning home to recover their forces and would lateron rendezvous with Wes' forces for the combined seek. <BR>(OOC: Sorry OPT, I just assumed/implied that :))<BR>They would regroup at their Capitol and await arrival of the corellian Intel officer that would help coordinating the two empires' joined efforts.<BR>He closed his eyes, when the Traquia entered hyperspace.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:52 am

Aboard a strangely designed vessel, a trio of gangly figures sat in hover-chairs, presiding over an unruly meeting. Voices cried out loudly, adding to the chaos!<P>"They boarded and stole one of our most powerful vessels!"<BR>"Their ships are as powerful as our own!"<BR>"They were too close to discovering the holy relic!"<BR>"We must stop them, destroy them, wipe them out!"<P>Finally the leftmost of the three raised his arm. "Enough!" The chamber fell to silence. "Commanders. Step forward." A group of lean reptilian looking creatures stepped into the open area in the center of the room. "Each of you is to take your fleets and use them to stop any incursions of these vermin into the space near the holy relics. Do what must be done. The <I>Unyielding Crusade</I> will be the base of this operation. Losses are of no concern. But do not let them desecrate the artifacts with their presence. "The group of commanders nodded and left. Soonafter the council was dismissed. The three were alone. <BR>"Do you believe that these vermin are such a threat that the council need send 6 full fleets to guard against them?" The central alien nodded, shaking his elaborate headgear. "We cannot let them disrupt our journey. It is best to be overzealous in defending the gifts left to lead the way. We cannot allow them to be tainted by the outsiders."
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:32 am

Space flickered and the Traquia and her fleet reverted to realspace. Before them, the green planet of New Cophuran idly followed its 380-day-loop around the systems central star.<P>In the planet's high orbit sailed a large space station. The Stardock. The enormous ring with a diameter of three miles served as harbour to most of their major capital ships.<P>It was amazing how fast their new home of 7 planets had evolved with the support of the Corellian Empire - especially within five years.<P>Still, their litle sovereign system was tiny compared to their allies, but since they had met their diverse new allies five years ago Vince had gotten used to such circumstances. The smaller the territory, the less politics. <P>The Traquia slowly approached the station and prepared to dock. Only a short pitstop, one would say, but for a ship like the Traquia this meanth a stay of about 2 days. Enough time to make preparations for the upcoming hunt for Yadrec.<P>"Take a day off" He suggested the bridge crew. "We might not have much chance to rest, when we depart the next time."<P>Then he saluted his crew and left the bridge. Time to gather some intelligence on their target.

General Edor Crespin
Rear Admiral (Lower Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:47 pm

"Stardock Control, this is EFS battleship <I>Phantasm</I>, requesting emergency docking permission. Our shields failed and one of our main engines was hulled by a meteor. We have the capability to repair it ourselves, but we need a dock to do so." Captain Alex Ceriniad flicked the mic off. "If they don't let us dock, we'll have a long trip back to base."<P>"I doubt the General will be happy when he finds out," his second officer said wryly. Treszka Cortilliari was daughter of the famous Nilea Cortilliari and in every battle she and Alex had fought in together she had proven her heritage.<P>"We'll worry about that when we get there. In the meantime, I want you to compile a list of all ships within sensor range, as well as all information in their IFF, we'll add it to the database back at base."<P>"Sir," she saluted and left. Alex turned back to the newly-installed transparisteel windows that had replaced their original glass. One particular ship caught his eye, a gigantic warship that dwarfed the other ships in the system. "Lieutenant Kerons, that large warship approaching the Stardock. What is that?"<P>"IFF identifies as <I>Traquia</I>, no other information."
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:07 pm

Captain Hann watched the starlines fade back into pinpricks of light. The New Cophuran system was one of seven resource rich but undeveloped worlds Corellia had ceded to the UPMF during a time of desperation for both. The Corellian Empire had been under seige, and could not defend the worlds, while Trageton was looking for somewhere to call home. Since then, the systems had grown rapidly, thanks to a healthy trade and the resources of the nearly three dozen planets in the seven systems. Alysonn glanced at the various stations and vessels in orbit, comaring them to the technical files she had reviewed earlier. She picked out the shapes of Partiot frigates, Inferno destroyers, and the large disc of wat looked like a diamond station. The file had not included pictures, only a description. The pilot opened a channel to the station. <P>"Stardock Control, this is Corellian shuttle S-117 requesting docking permission. We are carrying a diplomat for consultations."<P>Alysonn snorted. She assumed that Janson was responsable for her new title, as revenge for her having yelled at him about this assignment. She smiled at that. Anyone but Janson would have had her thrown in the brig. But he had a sense of humor similar to hers. Thus her "diplomatic" status. He was rubbing it in. <P>"S-117, this is Stardock Control. You have clearance to dock with <I>Traquia</I> Bay nine. You will be met upon landing. Transmitting flight plan. Control out."
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:47 am

"Oriskany, this is combat Yacht Black Scorpion on approach vector 11,38,07 requesting permission to land!"<BR>Shiromy was standing in the cockpit, hands folded behind her back, and watched the busy traffic that whizzed around them, as the little combat yacht made it way towards the waiting Corellian flagship. <BR>It had become some sort of custom that she still insisted on doing the launch herself. After they had left the Traquia, however, she had retired to her ship's mess to prepare for the meeting and let the pilot do the flying - hyperspace was not much of a sight when one saw it for the 100th time. <BR>"Acknowledged, Black Scorpion. You're cleared for hangar bay 5a. You'll be met there. Welcome to Corellia!"<BR>"Thank yuo, Oriskany. Black Scorpion out."<BR>The pilot cut the channel and transmitted the incoming coordinates to the nav computer.<BR>"We'll be touching down in three minutes, your Highness!"<BR>"Thank you, Captain." Shiromy said and continued watching, as the Oriskany grew bigger. <BR>The hangar bay they were asigned to was located inside a fairly large hangar complex on the ventral side of the large cruiser. What started as a thin strip of light quickly grew wider, as the large blast doors opened to reveal the bay.<BR>With a soft ripple the Scorpion touched down on the black floor.<BR>"Shut down the engines and get some rest. I might be busy for a while." She said while slipping into the white cloak of her uniform. Then she left the ship and stepped out into the large Hangar bay.<P>/////////////////////////<P>"Captain Hann, welcome aboard the Traquia!" Vince saluted the Corellian intel officer. The woman casually returned the salute.<BR>"Thank you Sir."<BR>"Did you had a pleasant flight?"<BR>"It was adequate. Thank you, Sir."<BR><I>Wow, frosty</I> Vince mused. He felt a little uneasy about the Captain's closed and chary nature.<BR>"Well then," he said, while they strolled across the hangar deck. <BR>"There's a few things I have to attend before we depart. I have a quarter prepared for you."<BR>At these words a young officer joined them. "Lt Williams will show you the way. I suggest you get accommodated and I'll be expecting you on the bridge at 15::00."<BR>"Thank you, Sir." Hann said saluting and Vince thought he'd seen traces of a smile when she added "I'll be there."<P>/////////////////////////<P>"Phantasm, this is Stardock Control. You're cleared for docking bay 7."<BR>"Acknowledged Stardock Control. Thank you! Phantasm out."<BR><I>Now look at that!</I> vince thought, as he watched the holographic projection of the small EFS battleship. It seemed that whenever old friends showed up, it was all of them and pretty much at the same time(lol).<BR>However, this ship looked like it took quite a beating.one of its engines was rather tattered. <BR>"Traquia to Stardock Control." He spoke intohis comm. "Provide technical and medical support for the Phantasm in case they are in need of any!"<BR>"Acknowledged, Traquia. We have emergency crews standing by."<BR>"Thank you, Stardock Control. Traquia Out." He cut the channel.<p>[ 09 June 2005: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

BattleDog
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:28 pm

*Suddenly the Independence II dropped out of Hyperspace and a static filled hologram of her Comm Officer appeared in the Stardock's Control Centre.*<P>CommOff: Mayday, Mayday! We are going down. I repeat, we are going down. Our primary reactor has been damaged, we've tried venting the hull but the fire is spreading. We estimate 20 minutes to detonation.<P>*As the striken ship plunged into thew system massive holes could be seen along the ship's port side, the hangerdeck was barely recognisable and over two thirds of the ship's engines were nothing but slag.*<P>CommOff: We don't have enough shuttles to get all our people off. We're cramming as many people into the assault shuttles and the Lamb's and sending them over now.<P>*Even as the Officer spoke the starboard bays beggan disgorging fighters and shuttles in a near constant stream.*
Got rid of the sig, it was upsetting me.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:37 am

Vince's eyes widened, when he saw the dying ship enter the system.<BR>"Stardock control, activate tractor beams!" He ordered. "Keep the ship at distance - if it explodes it rip our own ships apart. Send out fire ships and evac shuttles and try to get as many people off that ship!"<BR>Then he switched to the Independance II. "This is Traquia. hold your position. We're sending fire- and evac-support.<BR>"Thank you, Traquia." the shaky voice of the comm officer replied. "We're trying to hold her as long as possible." The man seemed close to a nervous breakdown.<BR>"What happened to you?" Vince asked. Pushing the man to a different topic would maybe render him calmer giving the immanent hazard.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:00 am

At the outskirts of the system, a hidden vessel gleamed in the starlight. They had followed the ship called <I>End Penance</I> in the tongue of the vermin to this system after having attacked it for trespassing. The name seemed a mockery of the holy titles granted to proper warships, but they had been ordered to follow, rather than destroy, the blasphemous ship. A narrow beam transmission to the nearest fellow cruiser relayed the location of this system. The defenses appeared impressive, centered around a ship ship called <I>Traquia</I>. That name prompted a confused snarl from the shipmaster. It didn't seem to mean anything. Observation chiefs tagges and classified enemy vessels according to the catalogue of ships within the databanks. Many were new, and thus given new entries, especially this <I>Traquia</I>. Other ships were tracking the <I>Cant Dwell</I>, while a third group was trailing the remainder of the fleet which had been led by the <I>Hero</I>. Supposedly those ships had found a new flagship and were reforming. The shipmaster still doubted the intelligence. He even had the suspicion that the grasp intelligence had given them on the vermin's language was not fully accurate. He did know, however, that they could not attack this system. They would have to lure the enemy out. If only they knew what to use for bait.
Corellian Browncoat

General Edor Crespin
Rear Admiral (Lower Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:03 am

Alex swore at the sight of the heavily damaged ship plunging toward them. "Get us out of the way! NOW!" he shouted. A minute rumbling built up in the hull, the remaining engine and the auxiliaries struggling to build up enough power. The battleship slowly started to swing out of the path of the <I>Independence II</I>.<P>"Klon, open a comm channel. <I>Independence II</I>, we have no hangar, but we can pick up any escape pods you send our way and hold them in a tractor beam until they can be picked up."<P>"Captain! She's slowing down. It looks like the Stardock has their heavy tractor beams locked onto her."<P>"Keep us moving!. If they can't slow her down in time, they'll hit us dead on."<p>[ 10 June 2005: Message edited by: General Edor Crespin ]
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

BattleDog
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:00 pm

CommOff: We were pulled out of hyperspace by some kind of Interdictor. *Static.* ...new weapon. Our escotrs were taken out immideatly. I'm sending you all the data our sensors were able to pick up. The General was in the port bay when we were attacked.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:05 am

"... The General was in the port bay when we were attacked."<BR>Vince swallowed hard. "Flax" he mumbled while staring at the wrecked ship, surrounded by fire ships, desparately trying to put out the multiple fires.<BR>"Could ... you make any contact with him since then?"<BR>"I'm afraid not, Sir. The hangar bay was - OH SH-----" The hologram flickered and disappeared and outside the window Vince saw with horror, as the Independance II's bridge was rocked by another explosion that blasted away the rear half of it.<BR>Vince cursed himself. He had intended to talk to the man to calm him down. But instead he had sent him to death. Some therapist was he ....<BR>Flax! <BR>"This is evac-shuttle Gamma One. We've been able to evacuate most of the remaining personell." <I>most ....</I><BR>"What about the port bay? Have you fond any survivors there?" Vince asked. He wouldn't give up on his friend that easily.<BR>"Yes, Sir. One. His condition is critical, but he might make it." Excitement burned inside Vince. He didn't even know, if it was Taklyn Flax, but there was a chance.<BR>"Thank you, Gamma One. Proceed to the stardock. They're ready for you."<BR>"Copy that, Traquia. We're on our way. Gamma One out!" The comm was cut and vince granted himself a sigh.<BR>Being in trouble was something he could handle. But seeing or knowing others in danger was something different. He had lost too many close friends in the past.<BR>"Alert, the Independance is destabilizing!"<BR>The fire ships that had been constntly bombarding the dying Calamari Cruiser with their fire extinguishers, were now quickly retreating, as the heavy ship lit up in a series of new, more powerfull explosions, as its entire integrity fell apart.<BR>"Tractor Controll, push her as far away as possible!" Vince barked into the com.<BR>The blue light cone that had been holding the cruiser in position, now intensified and slowly the burning wreckage was pushed towards outer space.<BR><B>"She's going!"</B><BR>There was a flash and then a brilliant white fireball lit up the scene as the Independance's reactor detonated into a - small, but still considerably powerful - nova, throwing chunks of hull and infrastructure in all directions.<BR>Moments later dozens of turrets awoke to life to protect the nearby ships and the stardock itself from the burning ship fragments.<BR>And the mmighty Independance II was no more.

BattleDog
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:03 pm

*Captain Calros Dasken wiped some of the grime from his face and continued to pilot the shuttle towards the <I>Traquia</I>. His broken ribs were making it difficult and his ripped flight suit was spattered with blood from the lesser wounds he had taken. He was fairly certain he'd live. He was also fairly certain he was going to take home some scars.*<P>Dasken: Control this is Republis Shuttle EX-38 requesting lannding clearence. I have 12 walking wounded and 3 critical. Over.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:25 am

"acknowledged, shuttle EX-38, you're cleared for docking bay 18B. Transmitting coordinates now!"<BR>Vince sighed, listening to the busy comm traffic between the Traquia, the Stardock and the many evac shuttles swirling around in the area. All in all, the evacuation of the Independance II had gone off successful. Still the loss of this great ship overshadowed this fact. With a face of stone he read through the sensor data transmitted by the Republic cruiser.<BR>Whatever had attacked them, it was none of hostile factions they knew. All they knew to this point, was that they seemed to be considerably powerful. And they controlled interdictor technology.<BR>"Flight controll, send a wing of reconnaisance fighters to the ambush site. Maybe they can gather some more data."<BR>"So I suppose you're not going after Admiral Yadrec for the time being?" Vince looked up from the data to see Captain Hann right in front of him. after a casual salute he nodded. <BR>"It seems so." He said. "I cannot ignore my allies being wounded in such a way."<BR>She didn't seem satisfied with his answer - understandable, since she would've had made the long way from Corellia invain.<BR>"After all," he finally added. "Such a danger to them could easily mean a danger to us as well."<BR>She nodded. "I understand, Sir. I will inform Admiral Janson about the recent events."<BR>"Yes," Vince agreed. "Do so. Also transmit the sensor data we received - the admiral might be be interested in it."<BR>"Aye, Sir!"<p>[ 15 June 2005: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:02 am

"...and so the General thinks he is going to postpone the search for Yadrec for now. He says that this new enemy could be a threat to us as well as our allies." Alysonn was not happy with the change of plans. Janson nodded. <P>"I understand. But looking at the data you sent, we may know more about these aliens than the UPMF right now. During the battle at Adminis, Comadore Colton managed to capture a ship that matches one of the ones in the sensor data. We've been pulling it apart since it arrived in dock. Most of the data library was erased, but we did get some information out of it. Translation is not easy, according to the team working on it. The only useful thing they have found so far is that the aliens in command of the ship call themselves 'Sangheili.'" That and their FTL drives are more accurate than ours, but slower and seem to generate temporary gravity shadows when they jump in and out of a system. I'll have someone prepare a brief on the ship and transmit it to you. And let vince know we plan to keep looking for Yadrec and Nimziki." The woman gave a curt nod and cut it at her end. Janson turned to the other woman standing next to him. "My apologies, Lady Shiromy. But I intend to continue this search. If you wish to return, I can arrange it." She shook off the offer.<P>"Nonsense. I plan to stay. Vince is being cautious, which is commendable, but I believe I can do more good here." Janson gave a quick nod. <P>"Very well. Would you like to accompany me to the bridge?" <P>-----<P>Across the Corellian system, the five battle groups formed up and made the jumps to their assigned patrols.
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:19 pm

Space lit up and the trio of Vampires emerged from hyperspace. The sleek little fighters spread apart and started whizzling around in the area, in search for anything.<P><I>Dynamic reconnaisance</I> Sheal Draykh snorted. <I>You know what you're looking for, when you find it.</I><P>Not much was to be found - some blasted off parts of the Independance II, some fading energy traces. <BR>"Harris, make some structure scans of those chunks. Kane, try to find some energy signatures. Maybe they give some more info about the weaponry the attackers used."<BR>"Copy that, Leader."<BR>"Gotcha boss!"<BR>He flew a wide arc around the area, while his wingman slowed down to analyze burnt fragments.<BR>"Nothing!"<BR>"Whatcha mean?"<BR>"No laser marks. Those chunks were blasted off by secondary explosions."<BR>"I've found some engine signatures. Rather exotic, but from the looks of it I'd say it's got elements of FTL-drives. Nothing really ... What the Hell?"<BR>"What is it, Kane?"<BR>"I get some strange readings here." the pilot replied irritatedly. "Looks like weapon energy signatures. But unlike anything I've seen before!"<BR>"And what's so odd about it?" That remark caused a unsuccessfully suppressed chuckle from Harris and a slight curse by Kane.<BR>"It's not the kind of energy you'd expect from a beam weapon."<BR>"So what?"<BR>"Weapons we know normally do direct damage either by the sheer force or by ultra-overheating their targets. These weapons rather seem to have an disintegrating effect on matter."<BR>"sounds nasty!" Harris commented.<BR>"Ergo?"<BR>"that's all I can say for now. I'd need a sample of this weapon technology to be able to gather more information."<BR>Sheal sighed.<BR>"Well, then let's finish up and get back to base."<BR>"Wait a sec... I'm picking up new signals."<BR>"IFF?" Sheal's grip around his flightstick tightened.<BR>"Unknown." Harris reported.<BR>"Damnit!" Kane exclaimed. "It's THEM! Above us!"<BR>Sheal looked up. Three kilometers above them, something had materialized. All that one could say about it was that it was black and big.<BR>"they're opening fire!"<BR>"Evade!" Sheal commanded. Soon after, thick yellow lances passed them just barely.<BR>"EVADE! EVADE!"<BR>The three fighters sped up and tried to evade the yellow blasts greedily lancing for them.<BR>"Hyperspace coordinates set." Harris said. "Jump in 3...2..1.. Now!"<BR>Nothing happened.<BR>"What the hell is going on?"<BR>"Those guys seem to have created a gravity shadow."<BR>"WHAT?"<BR>"We can't enter hyperspace with this mutherf###er in the area!"<BR>"DAMNIT! Keep evading then."<BR>"We'd need to get at least 800 kilometers away to leave the shadow!" Harris commented.<BR>"Then what are we waiting for?" Sheal ordered. "Divert power to engines and shields and follow my lead!"<BR>He sped up. Then, in the corner of his eyes Sheal suddenly saw one of the fighters turn around.<BR>"Kane, what are you doing?"<BR>"My job! Reconnaisance!"<BR>"WHAT?" Harris exclaimed. "You call going head to head to them reconnaisance?"<BR>"I want to know how our weaposn work on them!"<BR>"Kane you're crazy! We're trying to get away from here."<BR>"That was not our objective!"<BR>Sheal shook his head. "Neither was going on a suicide run."<BR>"I didn't say I'd do that."<BR>"Get back here, pilot!" Sheal ordered.<BR>"With all due respect, Sir, I will finish this job!"<BR>Sheal bit his teeth and turned his ship around. "You're crazy, Kane!"<BR>Transferring full energy to shields and engines he took course for the cruiser.<BR>"Harris, form up. Let's distract them so this cowboy can get his shot!"<BR>"... Copy that, boss!" - Harris wasn't really happy with that order - neither was Sheal himself.<BR>Kane was about half a kilometer in front of him, his small fighter bounching and whirling to evade the enemy fire.<BR>"Hurry up, Cowboy! I don't want to remain here for too long!"<BR>While he spoke these words, Kane's fighter lit up as his Dhilani energy cannons spit their crimson fire at the enemy cruiser.<BR>Hitting the shields the blasts caused a fierce yellow storm as the shields absorbed the energy.<BR>Shooting low cross the cruiser's surface Kane held the trigger sending bolt after bold in rapid sequence agaisnt the shields. While watching him, Sheal noticed that the flashes the blasts caused were loosing intensity with each hit.<BR>"OK, that was take one!" Kane reported - rather enthusiastically. Sheal made a face. "Take one?"<BR>"Now for step two!" Kane confirmed. "Power up your DIPs and try to lead my target!"<BR>"What are you talkinga bout?" Harris questioned iritatedly - still busy swirling around the cruiser.<BR>"Ask later! Do it!"<BR>Sheal flinched, then got in line with his wingman and started firing at the cruiser.<BR>When the two different weapons hit the cruiser's shields they were absorbed, just as before. But then Sheal realized that the flashes didn't fade this time. Instead they grew more intense.<BR>"I think I get it!" Harris then said and a moment later a pair of missiles shot past them, right to the area where the two other fighters were shooting at. The first missile's impact caused a bright flash on the shield. The second went through and actually hit the hull and detonated in a bright fireball, blowing chunks out of the hull."<BR>"They're taking on speed!" Harris said.<BR>Indeed the black cruiser was accellerating and a few moments later, with a flash, disappeared.<BR>"Hell! We just scared away an alien capship!?!" Harris asked, and Sheal felt a little confused as well.<BR>"I don't think we scared them away" Kane replied. "The effect our weapons had no them was something new - something to be elaborated."<BR>"Whatever it was, let's get moving!" Sheal interrupted. "Fleet command will be eager to elaborate this as well."<BR>Moments later the three fighters disappeared.<P>//////////////////////////////<P>"I suppose their shields aren't designed to repell more then one or two types of weapons. Very effective against a single type, they have difficulties to adopt the more different types of weapons are used."<BR>Vince nodded towards the three holographic shapes before him. "Very good, Gentlemen. This should prove rather usefull for our next moves." The three pilots saluted, then disappeared.<BR>Hitting a litle button his command chair slowly turned away from the holographic projector and finally halted to face the Traquia's command bridge again - and Captain Hann.<BR>"Well, I suppose this is a step into the right direction." Vince commented, rising from his chair. "Combined with the information you are extracting from that captured ship, we might be able to elaborate a strategy against those aliens."<BR>He smiled, as the woman flinched. "You knew?" <BR>"Of course." Vince replied and gave a cocky smile. "Distances don't separate Lady Shiromy and me - one of the benefits an Yda priestess' training. I know what she knows, and vice versa."<BR>"Then why am I here ..., Sir?" His revelation obviously upset her.<BR>Vince smirked. "Diplomacy I guess." He said, while taking his seat again. "I'm a soldier, Captain. No politician." She sighed. Frustratedly. "I understand, Sir."<BR>"For the time being" Vince continued. "I want you to lead the research efforts concerning these aliens from the UPMF side. As I said, with our efforts combined, I am confident we can elaborate a strategy to fight them off."<BR>To his delight her expression lightened, as she saluted. "Yes, Sir. Thank you."<BR>When she left the bridge his chair to face the holo projector again. Mmoents later the hologram of Admiral Wes Janson flickered on.<BR>"Vince, how are your efforts proceeding?"<BR>"Rather well, Wes. Thanks for asking." Vince replied. "So, what could you learn from that captured alien ship so far?"

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:19 pm

"We have some good news, and some bad. The good news is that as soon as we can duplicate the FTL drive, we are going to replace the subspace drives in our ships with it. It's that good. The ship has the capability of jumping in and out with a precision in meters. And it can do it inside an atmosphere if you have a good enough navicomputer, though the side effects of that are pretty nasty. We also discovered what looks to be the process these aliens use to create a shipboard AI. It seems that they got the idea and technology from someone else. We are going to send you that data, and try to create one ourself. It may be an interesting idea." <P><BR>Trageton blanched. "Just as long as it doesn't take over your ship. Whats the bad news?" <P>"While their shields have trouble, like your recon craft discovered, their weapons are quite effective against ours. They tend to use plasma based weaponry to just melt through armor and shields. The ship we have has a number of smaller guns, some heavy beams which managed to cut right through a Destroyer at Adminis, and a really strange homing plasma burst type thing. The techs are babbling all about it being an exotic weapon. All I know is it evaporated the drone frigate we tested it on. So between their FTL and weapons, these creatures can get a pretty devistating first strike if they wanted to." Neither commander looked happy with the news. <P>"And you should probably stop baiting Captain Hann." Janson added, breaking the grim mood. <P>"What? Has she said anything?"<P>"No, I just know you and her. Just a word of warning, she is quite devious. Her last CO thought he got the best of her with some pranks, before she returned the favor. It was so successful, she has been a captain ever since." Janson winced. The poor commander had been so humiliated that he had insisted Alysonn be discharged from the service, but Janson had interviened. "Just a warning."
Corellian Browncoat

BattleDog
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:57 pm

*Calros Dasken sat with barely restrained frustration as a ponderously slow medtech wrapped his ribs.*<P>Dasken: Look, I'm a combat pilot, I saw that thing that attacked us, I really think the general or at least your Intel boys would like to hear what I have to sir.<P>*The tech sighed, for about the tenth time*<P>Tech: Sir, I'm sure that it can....<P>Dasken: Just make the call will you, and let the brass decide.<P>Tech: Very well captain. <P>*The tech moved slowly to the wall communicator and began punching in the code with about five times the care required.*<P>Tech: Bridge, this is medical, we have a pilot down here who insists that someone come down here to talk to him. He just will not shut up.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:20 pm

Vince rose a brow when the medtech's voice over a small speaker in his armchair.<BR>"Could you be a little more precise?"<BR>"He keeps repeeting that he has seen <B>them</B>, Sir! I don't know who he is referring to" Vince sighed. <I>Medics!</I><BR>Then he activated the comm again. "What is his condition?"<BR>"Two broken ribs and a twisted ancle. I recommend him to ..."<BR>"Good. support him as good as you can. An officer will pick him up soon!"<BR>"But Sir, specifications demand that he -"<BR>"You have 30 minutes. Bridge out!" He sighed again. Why were all their medics such narrow-minded pedants, insinsting to do it all by the book?<BR>He turned his chair around to face captain Hann who was busy studying data on a tactical display. When she noticed she was watched she looked up and gave him a short nod. "Sir?"<BR>"Meet with the reconnaisance team under Captain Draykh in the tac briefing room. A pilot from the Independance II will join you soon. He might have some more valuable information."<BR>"So he claims?" The woman suspiciously rose a brow. She'd probably overheard some of his conversation with the medic. Vince nodded.<BR>"So he claims. If he doesn't have anything of interest, at least we could rescue him away from those medics."<BR>That remark caused a smirk in the woman's face. "Aye, sir" she said and Vince turned back towards his displays again.

BattleDog
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:19 pm

*Sick bay.*<P>Medtech: The General wants to talk to you, he said to take you up in thirty minutes. I really think....<P>Dasken: Right, can I have some clothes?<P>Medtech: Clothes?<P>Dasken: I'm wearing a medical gown. I need <I>clothes</I> flightsuit...Boxers...boots? Clothes?<P>Medtech: Oh.<P><B>31 minutes later.</B><P>*Dasken enters the briefing room on crutches wearing a burrowed UPMF flightsuit. He salutes Captain Hann.*<P>Dasken: Captain Calros Dasken 3rd Fighter Bomber Squadron "Gold", Reporting as ordered.