Open War II: Chronicles of Darkness

to immortalize all those epic battles we fought together...

Re: Open War II: Chronicles of Darkness

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:22 pm

"What do you mean there are no other ships." Ferris asked somewhat alarmed. "True the remaining Dread that's orbiting is mine, but the Keepers must have had a shuttle. They can't teleport over vast distances."
"It's just as I said." the dragon tilted its head looking at Ferris rather intently "There are no other ships, but you did mention the need for medical assistance."
“Yeah, I did.” For a moment Ferris had forgotten the thirty people who were currently under her care. Though it might just be simple hibernation sickness, I need to have those people checked out to make sure they are not suffering from anything else.”
“We shall see what we can do”
“Thanks and by the way it was two." Ferris said.
"Excuse me?" the little dragon asked.
"I said two. I destroyed the ship and took the lives of two Keepers. And as my dad would say and then there were six. Now I need to find a way off this rock." Ferris looked up for a moment and smiled. “And I think I know how I’ll do it.”
Power without perception is worthless and of no use.
Current WIP The Lost Fleet everything else is on hold.

Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Dragon » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:32 pm

The dragon jumped form the shoulder he was sitting to a nearby remain of a pillar. So the grey robed figure could look after the sleeping, while the dragon was continuing his conversation with Ferris.
"I'm afraid that we made a little mistake and must apologise to you."
Ferris eyes narrowed. "What do you mean?"
"We didn't noticed any difference between a normal Keeper Dreadnought and your ship so we..." The dragon looked blamelessly to the sky.
"So you... did what?" Ferris repeated with ascending anger.
"We disabled it, and it will take a few hours to reactivate it."
Meanwhile the figure knelt beside of one of the sleeping and removed her right glove, Ferris noticed the slight fingers and long fingernails, so there must be a woman under that robe. Then she held her hand just a few inches over the sleeping and it and the body begun to glow in a warm light, it felled like sunlight to Ferris.
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.
"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:20 pm

Mryna and Blexton had left the office pretty right away, leaving only Darron and Vince, who now slowly walked around the desk to the spacious armchair beyond, letting himself drop into the comfortable leather cushing. For a moment he stared at the datapad lying before him. It displayed the list of charges issued against Darron and Mryna. Some of them were pretty absurd, obviously. Eventually he dropped the datapad and looked up, to Darron, who was still standing in front of the desk, Hands still restrained behind his back. The guards could actually have removed them, it wasn't like Darron posed much of a threat right now. But on the other hand it reminded him - and Vince - of his situation.
"Well" Vince said, leaning back. "is there something you want to tell me?"
Darron's expression remained neutral, unmoved. "What is there to tell? I assume you've read the reports already."
"I have." Vince confirmed, his voice just as level as Darron's. "But I want to hear it from you, here and now. Apparently you couldn't find the courage when I was Emperor. Maybe now you can pull yourself together and tell me the truth."
Darron remained silent, holding his gaze.
"What have I done, Darron?" Vince eventually said, slowly shaking his head. "How did I do you wrong to deserve so much hatred from you?"
"You haven't done me ..."
"Then why, Darron?" Vince shot forth, slamming his fist onto the desk. The force of his impact was enough to shatter the datapad. Vince barely noticed the pain, as the splintering glass shards cut into his hand. "Why have you done this to me?"

/////////////////

"Sir, we're reading a ship at the edge of the system." Vacter announced, as Blexton came strolling onto the bridge. "It's a one-man starfighter. E-Wing class. IFF reads new Republic."
"Interesting." Blexton said. "What's a lone starfighter doing out here?"
"Holding, sir." Vacter shrugged.
"Shall we lock -" Platon began yet Blexton already rose a hand cutting him off. "No, Harry. I think kindly asking will do just fine here. Eric?"
"On it, already." Comm chief Wiggins announced. "New Republic starfighter, this is the ESS flagship Traquia. Please identify yourself and state your intentions in this sector!"
"This is Luke Skywalker of the New Republic." The pilot answered surprisingly quick. "You have been expecting me." There was a strange tone in his voice that sent a chill down Blexton's spine.
"Greetings, Master Skywalker, We've been expecting you." Wiggins repeated and entered a few commands into his console. "Please proceed to landing bay 3-A." Blexton could all but roll his eyes. Jedi ... At least the his presence here was of some convenience. Blexton had the feeling that he might be of aid for what was to come.

/////////////////

Mryna watched the surveillance cam showing Taya - and Jack - striding across the hangar deck towards the turbolift nexus that would bring them to the command section, where Mryna was awaiting them. Turning away from the surveillance screen she left the security post and rejoined the security squad waiting outside. "I want this done clean and smooth. Set weapons for stun and don't fire unless absolutely necessary."
"Define 'necessary'." She heard a voice behind her. Turning around she found a young officer with keen eyes and a sly grin. Of course, there was a joker in every squad. Yet instead of scolding the impudent youngster she threw him a charming smile.
"Me dead would count, for example." Turning around she signaled the squad to get ready, while positioning herself amidst them, hands crossed on her back, as though they were restrained.

A few moments later the turbolift in front of them opened the two executors stepped into the corridor. Jack, instantly rose a brow and threw Mryna a thin smile. Behind him, 'Grand Executor' Taya was slightly surprised to find Mryna expecting her, yet only for a second, before returning to her trained routine again.
"Mryna Qhalic." It was rather a statement than a greeting.
"Executor Berin." Mryna returned with a smile. "Admiral Blexton sends his regards and apologizes for not being here. He suggested that I'd turn myself in, being old friends as we are."
"Old friends." Taya spat forth. "We could have been, if there hadn't been this thing with you killing the emperor."
"But this is all a great misunderstanding." Mryna protested, defensively raising her hands, revealing the absence of any restraints. Instantly Taya's expression hardened and she took a quick step back drawing her blaster. Just as instantly the guards around Mryna aimed their weapons at the grand executor, while the two behind her, placed her own blasters in her still raised hands.
"Where is Admiral Blexton?" Taya demanded, her alerted gaze wandering between Mryna and the security squad around them.
"He's safe." Mryna said simply, stepping forth. "You'll be, too."
"Oh no, Mryna." She snapped, taking another step backwards. "You won't take me without a -"
Her sentence was cut off, her entire body stiffened, rocked and finally dropped to the floor, revealing Jack standing behind her, holding up a stun baton.
"Well done, Jack." Mryna commended, holstering her blasters. "Alright, team, We're done here. Put her in an escape pod with some rations and water, then blast her into space!"
"What? Are you serious?" She once again heard the joker yipe. This time though it was far less cynical than before. Turning around she walked up to the youngster standing right in front of him. He was about a head-length taller than her yet with each passing moment he seemed to shrink a bit.
"Would you like to join her?" She queried, piercing him with her gaze. "It can be quite lonely in space, she would surely appreciate the company." The man swallowed hard, his gaze nervously jumping between her and the stun baton Jack was by now balancing on his open palm.
"I thought so." Mryna eventually said with a smile, joining up with Jack again. "Now take her away!"
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Design HQ | Vince T's X-Wing HQ

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:34 pm

Ferris took a deep breath. to control her temper. After all they didn't know. They were probably thinking of their own safety. Finally she spoke. "Okay you disabled the ship, and it's going to take hours that we don't have to get it running and get the heck out of here. Not good."
"I fail to see your concern." the little dragon's head twitched back and forth.
Ferris took another deep breath. "Okay when I killed those Keepers, that sent out a huge shock wave that you followed to find this place. You had to because this planet is not on any star map. Right?"
"Correct." The dragon agreed.
"Okay so if you felt that shock wave, did it not occur to you that other people and things felt it too and are on their way here? True you saved yourself from one possible threat, but what happens when more ships arrive?"
"Oh" Ferris could see that her question had managed to bring to light the current situation for the dragon. "I see your point. I think it's time we left."
"I'm open to suggestions on how we could do that with no shuttle to get us out of here." then another idea occurred to Ferris. "Wait we could just use your shuttle to get me to my ship then maybe I can jump start it somehow. Do you think you could help me out?"

FarShot
Lieutenant JG
Rebel Alliance

Post by FarShot » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:56 pm

Ferris was right. There were other people en route.
Padawan Tarrick Maye and Captain Tyvuh Grei arrived in the sector. It took a moment's concentration before Tarrick nailed the source down to three of the stars visible by the ship's computer, none explored, having only ben viewed at a distance.

Minutes later, they arrived in one of the systems. It wasn't the right one, but at this proximity, he had deduced the only one left. With another short jump, he located the exact planet.

They orbited Garvingia, closing in on a massive craft, as long as an Executor-class Star Dreadnought. Both gasped in awe at the massive ship, but Tarrick's face darkened.
"This craft has a feeling of evil about it. Just looking at the colors you can sense it." He turned to Tyvuh. "Scan for lifeforms."
A moment passed, then the Captain replied. "None on the ship, as far as I can tell, but on the planet's surface, there are at least two dozen, all faint. Dying, I suppose... No, wait. They're stable." He caught Tarrick's eye. "Sleeping?"
"Perhaps. Can you hail them?"
"No... no comm units detected. They could be using a type unfamiliar to us."
"Well," he said, looking back out the massive window. "Take us down, I suppose."

Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Dragon » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:16 pm

"Shuttle?" The dragon looked irritated again. "We haven't such a thing. But maybe we can help you and your friends anyhow?"
First Ferris was a bit confused about the question within that last sentence, but then she saw the nod of the robed woman.
The small dragon spread his wings and upraised into the sky. There he began to glow. "You better shield your eyes."
The light became brighter with every second, beginning with the intensity of a candle it rapidly reached the brightness of a star!
For a second Ferris could actually see her phalanges though her closed eyelids!
A few seconds later the light was gone and Ferris stood in the shadow of a three hundred meter long space ship.(OOC The ship )
"Now that you will have a ride with me," Ferris still heard the dragons voice in her mind. "it's time to introduce myself, my name is...." Suddenly the ship disappeared, she even couldn't sense it anymore. "...Something has entered this system, a shuttle and it has someone force sensitive on boared. They just detected you and your friends."
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:40 pm

Ferris swore under her breath. Just great a Force user coming here was not what she wanted. For a moment Ferris thought about grabbing her friends and leaving, but since they already knew she was there, they'd just follow her.
"Well then I suppose I should just sit here and see what they want." Ferris sighed as she hoped that there would be no other visitors.

Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Dragon » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:16 am

The grey robed woman finished her work on the sleeping just as the shuttle came in sight. She put her glove back on and stepped behind Ferris, but let enough room between them, that Ferris wasn't concerned.
"Your friends are well." The dragon informed Ferris mentally. "You can wake them every time."
*The nothing in the sky cleared the way for the shuttle and moved back into a position behind the two woman.*

FarShot
Lieutenant JG
Rebel Alliance

Post by FarShot » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:34 am

Tyvuh brought the shuttle through the clouds, waving with the strong breeze common to marine climates. The view was spectacular when they passed through. The ocean extended far to the horizon, speckled with lush islands. Tarrick guided the captain towards one directly ahead, with ruined buildings. More shapes came into view, forming into bodies. Most of them were laying still in quite comfortable positions in the grass, but among the ruins stood two figures, regarding the descending craft.
"Captain, set us down on the beach, but point the bow away from the ruins and the people in the field. We don't want to appear aggressive... at least for now."
Grei complied, bringing the ship to a soft landing in the sand. The ramp lowered, and the two stepped off. At the base, Tarrick looked up at the ruins. The two people still stood there, hundreds of feet away, apparently waiting for what happened next. On an impulse, Tarrick pulled out his lightsaber.
He threw it into the sand and raised his hands. "I am Padawan Tarrick Maye of the Jedi. We seek the source of a terrible cry that echoed across the galaxy. May we speak with you?"
They still stood there, but then one of them raised his, or her, hand and beckoned him up the hill.

Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Dragon » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:57 pm

"Sir, we just received an invitation to a dinner from the New Republic." Lt.Margo said irritated.
"A dinner, are you sure?" Ducane inquired the Officer. "Maybe you misunderstood them?"
Margo entered a command in his terminal and the message was repeated over the speakers on the bridge.
"Imperial commander, before you depart, we would be honored to entertain you and your staff to a dinner. I know, it does seem odd given the circumstances, but this has been the first joint ESS/Imperial/New Republic venture. This will go down in historical archives. We have a conference set up just for the occasion. We await your reply."
"Hold here." Ducane ordered. "Margo, give me HQ one a secured channel."
The Comm Officer turned back to his console. Then, as the contact was made, he handed his headset over to his Captain. Ducane walked over to the bridge viewpod while discussing the situation with his superior officer.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"... i understand, Majestic out." He turned to Margo. "Give me the NR Flagship." Margo entered a command and nodded.
"New Republic commander, thank you for your invitation. But unfortunately i can't comply, there are standing orders that forbid such a meeting, at least for the moment. And additionally my ship needs repairs and some of the pirates have escaped, i don't want to give them too much lead."
The channel was closed and the Star Destroyer resume their course to the jump point.

FarShot
Lieutenant JG
Rebel Alliance

Post by FarShot » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:58 pm

"Dammit, is there anything else we can do?"
"I can't think of anything, sir, unless you want to detain them. Then you'll have a battle for sure," said his XO.
"Well, I suppose we'll have to let them go. At least we can dine with Admiral Tegh and the ESS. Get me a suit."

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:45 am

"Cold...friggin cold," Montana Green mumbled to himself, his breath becoming fog in front of his face. Even in NR surplus coldweather gear, he felt cold on Rhen Var. Why had he agreed to this assignment again? And how in God's name were these NR troops guarding the campsite able to keep from complaining?
"Umm, hey?" said a young archaeologist. "I think I might've found something."
///////
Captain James Crossfield looked on into space. Rhen Var wasn't much to look at. Just a big white ball surrounded in an ocean of stars. His boredom was broken when sensors spoke up. "Uh, sir? We're picking up a large signal. It appears to be an unidentified commercial ship."
Comms cut in, "Sir, they're hailing us!"
"Put them on!" said Crossfield, now fully alert.
The voice on the other end sounded friendly and trustworthy enough. "Greetings, Spirit of Hope This is the Star of Troy. We're just carrying a few teams to check out the ruins of a Jedi monastery near the equator."
"Acknowledged, Star of Troy. Spirit of Hope out," said Crossfield. He then turned to look outside once again, the big ship in plain sight. "Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" he mumbled to himself.
///////////////////
The mercs exited the shuttle, their ticket to Rhen Var, and moved out. Unrecognizable from one another and very professional looking, they were dressed in stare-of-the-art Core Alliance-issue armor and cold-weather gear. Their blaster rifles were also high-tech CA issue.
The mercenary captain checked his holomap quickly and signaled his men to follow him up a snowy hill.
When they reached the top, they could clearly see a large campsite up ahead.
"Take a look. I want to know what we're up against."
One of the mercs dropped prone and peered into the scope of his sniper rifle. The campsite activity level at first appeared to be surprisingly low. A few New Republic soldiers were making the rounds, while others stood guard in place, looking thoroughly bored.
"Okaaay," said the man, still looking through the scope, crosshairs following a guard on his rounds until he disappeared. "Just a few NR grunts, nothing we can't handle, and wait......" The merc's attention shifted to some excited looking archaeologists, carefully removing the remaining ice from what appeared to be the entrance to some ancient ruins. The merc turned his head to the captain. "Sir?"
"Yes?" said the captain, who had been looking ahead to the distance.
"I think they found it."
Another mecr informed the captain, "Sir, Delta and Omicron Squads are in position."
"Okay. Like I said. The snipers wait for the signal. They will cover us as we move in and secure the campsite for the excavation teams to set up and secure the Artifact."
The Mercenary captain turned on his holoprojector. Rygetto appeared in the projection field. "Remember, no survivors. We cannot afford any witnesses."
"Understood. Out."
The captain waved to the air as his men moved in. Behind him, two CA stealth gunships uncloaked.
////////
Rygetto finished with the captain. He cursed to himself. Those Rosche pirates had been unusually over-equipped. The big powers might suspect some higher connection, but were unlikely to trace anything back to the Brotherhood.
What was more concerning was the alliance that seemed to be building between the Empire, ESS, and New Republic. This couldn't happen! Rygetto had fanned the flames of this war far too long for this. His sources told him Mandalorian president Xiana Fett was still on her way back from the ESS capital. The mainstream Mandalorians were allied with the ESS. Tyvis's splinter Mandos fought for the Empire, determined to regain what they considered their rightful capital. Now was the time to strike. This would stir up things quite a bit. The Imps and their allies going after allies of the ESS would make the Empire look like it was willing to stab anyone in the back it pleased, not to mention unafraid to thumb it's nose at the NR and ESS even after all this time.
He contacted his agent, hidden deep inside the Empire.
"What is thy bidding, my master?" the man inquired.
"Now is the time to strike," said Rygetto determinedly. "Mandalore must burn!"
//////////////
Kareen watched from the bridge of an Imperial warship as Mandalore appeared. Tyvis and his puppet could restore their pathetic "empire". Little did Tyvis know that he himself was a mere pawn in a much larger game; a game that could decide the fate of the galaxy.
Wielder of The Spatula

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:43 am

Ferris cautiously watched as the two men approached. She really wanted to get off this planet as fast as possible, but telling a Jedi to buzz off was a good way to have someone from the NR constantly dogging her tracks. And right now that was something Ferris did not need, especially not before her dad was ready for the NR to know exactly how of the Outer rim the Coalition actually controlled. As the two got closer Ferris noted that the man with the Jedi was in his later years. Ferris would have put the man at about roughly about the same age as her father. As for the Jedi he was younger and rather cute. If not for her pressing business she might have considered flirting with the young buck. She made a mental note to follow up on that at another time. Right now though, she had to concentrate on not sounding snappish. “So Padawan Maye, what is it that you wish to talk about?” Ferris asked in her most pleasant voice.
“As I’ve said I was looking for the source of a great cry. My search led me here. I was hoping that perhaps you could tell me what happened, Ms…” Tarrick Maye left the sentence hanging hoping that Ferris would pick up the hint.
“Ferris.” She completed the sentence for him. For a moment Ferris was tempted to leave the poor man hanging, but decided against it.
“Well then Ferris,” Tarrick said with a much relieved expression. “, perhaps you can tell me what happened.”
“There’s not much to tell. Something of great power died here.”
Confusion had settled on Tarrick’s features. He could sense that Ferris was hiding something, but what he could not tell. There was also something else he could sense about her. Something was off, not wrong per say, but most defiantly off. “What do you mean something?”
Ferris looked at the Jedi squarely. “Don’t ask a question, unless you're really, absolutely sure you want to know the answer.”
“What is that supposed to mean?”
Ferris sighed. “It means…..” She broke off mid sentence as she felt the all too familiar presence. Damn this is what she had been afraid of. Strangely before she could only perceive them as a light, like a candle. But now, their presence was as tangible as Tarrick or the mystery woman was standing beside her, even at this great distance.
“Hello. Ferris?” Tarrick was saying as Ferris got back to her senses and blinked. “You were saying why I shouldn’t ask a question.”
“Yeah, well you’re about to find out.” Turning to the cloaked woman Ferris whispered so that only the woman could hear her, but she made sure that the dragon could hear her telepathically. “Take your friend, stay hidden and get out of here.” Not waiting on a reply Ferris quickly turned back to Tarrick “Do you have any weapons aboard that shuttle?”
The question completely caught Tarrick off guard. “Yes, but nothing heavy...”
“Good.” Ferris said cutting him off. ”You and your friend there, get as many weapons as you can carry and get inside those ruins.” Leaving a baffled Tarrick standing there Ferris quickly moved to the group of people that she had left asleep near the ruins. Kneeling first at Raynes’ side she woke both him and Hudson. Hudson was groggy and confused at first at seeing Ferris.
“What in the hell?!” Hudson exclaimed. “Don’t tell me they got you too Ferris.”
“No Hudson, I’m sorry but you didn’t get that glorious death you wanted. You like me are fully alive. I don’t have time to fully explain how right now, but I need you fully alert!”
Hudson just nodded. “Whatcha need?”
“Good, Uncle Raynes, as soon as I wake the rest of these people I need you to get them inside those ruins and stay hidden. Hudson, there’s a republic shuttle on the beach. Help get as many weapons as you can to these people. If any of them can hold a blaster I want them armed. We’re about to have company, lots of it.”
Raynes smiled “Will do.”
“Roger that.” Hudson nodded.
As Ferris proceeded to wake the reminder of the people that were asleep Tarrick came to stand next to her. “Just what is going on here?” He demanded.
“You wanted to know what died here, you’re about to find out. You weren’t the only one to follow that cry. What died here had siblings and they are here in force.” It was no sooner that Ferris had gotten the last of the ex prisoners awake that she felt the draining effect of her powers being dampened. Taking a look at Tarrick she could tell by the look on his face that he had lost all connection with the Force. Hearing the sounds of swarms of the Keeper’s droid fighters as they entered the atmosphere, Ferris got Tarrick’s attention snapping him out of his dazed shock. ”Grab your friend and your light saber and go with the others into those ruins. You’ll be of more help there, than out here.” Focusing her energy, Ferris' hands started to glow as she formed a blades in both of them.

Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Dragon » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:33 am

The Majestic and her battle group jumped to hyperspace and retreated to Talera VI. But not directly, they stopped three times to ensure that they wasn't traced. When they reached Talera VI, the replacement for the Majestic was already waiting, the Hydra an Imperator II Star Destroyer and the Harpoon an Immobilizer 418. Ducane swore when he saw the Interdictor cruisers. "I hate those things, they tend to be destroyed or getting lost."

-----------------------------------

Two hours later Ducane's staff and the fighter wing were transfered to the Hydra and the Majestic was taken over by the repair crew. "How long will it take until i get her back?" Ducane ask the repair chief."At least two weeks, probably a month. We still have problems getting the other Immobilizer and Dominator ships on line, so the capacities are limited." "Well, see you in a month." "By a month at the latest, good hunting sir." The Chief saluted. "Thank you, Chief." Ducane retorted the salute.

Five minutes later, the new founded Battle group Hydra jumped to hyperspace. Again on the trace of the pirates.

The grey robed woman vanished into thin air directly after Ferris warning, seconds later the nothing accelerated rapidly and left the atmosphere. And there it was, another keeper Dreadnought. Whisper contacted Ferris. "Here is just one other Dreadnought, can't you just destroy it like you did with the first?"
Last edited by Dragon on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

FarShot
Lieutenant JG
Rebel Alliance

Post by FarShot » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:47 am

Tarrick had tried courtesy, even trying to sound stupider than he actually was, but he didn't glean much. He'd have to try again later, in a more serious tone.
But for now, they had to defend themselves from Ferris's unknown foe.
"Tyvuh, grab your blaster pistols and your vibroblade."
As Grei went aboard the shuttle, Tarrick searched for his lightsaber. There it was, twenty feet away in the sand. He reached for it with the Force.
Nothing happened.
Worried, he ran over and picked it up. Either Ferris or her friend had done this, or those incoming enemies had done it. No, it wouldn't have been Ferris. Why strip him of his power when she needed his help?
He met up with Tyvuh and jogged back up to the ruins. The Ursineaum took off on autopilot, searching for a place of safety.
Last edited by FarShot on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:19 pm

The squad finished their game of sabacc. The winner was a soldier named Victor "Vic" McGovern, a slightly nerdy Coruscanti city kid with a good sense of humor and Bravo Squad's resident medic and language specialist.
"I hated this game anyway," said Huk "Sasquatch" Bryar, a big, bearded man who was the squad heavy weapons expert.
Vic chuckled. "Naw, 'Squatch, you just hate losing," he teased.
"Hmm. Maybe I just hate you," mumbled Sasquatch.
"So Sunstrider," said Vic, to his sandy blond haired squadmate.
"Yup?" responded Charlie "Chuck" Sunstrider, a simple farmboy from Tatooine who was the squad's demolitions, engineering and antivehicle expert, and who had an unhealthy obsession with things that went "boom".
"Feel cold? Can't have been too used to this, growing up on a desert planet and all."
Sunstrider snorted. "Well, I was cold. Now I think I'm just numb."
A third man named Daniel "D-Man" Kirchner, a thin, antisocial sniper who had a taste for illegal spice and poetry, spoke up. "I actually don't mind the cold."
"Hey, hey!" roared Sasquatch. "Look who decided to speak up! How's it going, D-Man?"
Before he could get an answer, the squad's tough-as-nails sergeant, a dark-skinned native of Haruun Kal, who everyone in Bravo Squad just called "Boss" appeared.
"Look alive, people, we still have to do our duty, even out here." Boss was legendary for his no bullshit attitude.
"Aw, c'mon!" whined Chuck. "There ain't nothing out here save a crapload of snow and-"
BZEW! A blaster bolt that landed in the snow feet away from the squad cut him off.
"Sniper!" yelled Boss.
"Whaddya know, Chuck," began Vic. "Looks like we're gonna get some action out here after all."
"Shuddup, Vic!" said Boss.
The squad took up cover positions, returning fire when they could.
"Damn!" said Boss. "Whoever these guys are, they're well-trained!"
"Geez," cried Vic. "We get this 'easy reassignment' as a reward for nonstop fighting against the Empire, and now the war's supposedly over, and our 'peaceful reassignment' isn't so peaceful. What luck!"
"Vic, I said shut up!"
Wielder of The Spatula

FarShot
Lieutenant JG
Rebel Alliance

Post by FarShot » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:09 am

The Kaminoans called them the Seven Transgressions.
Lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and pride. Allowed to flow in battle, but restricted amongst civilians and off duty. They were hardwired into each and every clone, though excluding some for commando units such as the ARCs.
Tyvuh knew them by heart. As a veteran of the Wars, they were as famous as the Jedi Code. Occupied planets and Republic civilians could trust the Clones with these in place. Jedi commanders and generals could count on their troops, except for Order 66, where Palpatine's orders took precedent.
Arlan Toth specifically requested Tyvuh for these traits. As Toth was the New Republic's Go-To-Jedi, he frequently saw action in "negotiations" on his missions. Therefore, a pilot skilled in CQC yet not a Jedi was needed. Tyvuh, an old friend of Arlan's, fit the specifications perfectly. And so here he was.
But what no one knew was that Tyvuh was a clone. More specifically, one of the elite Clone Commandos. No one recognized him as one because he was altered from his original template, Jango Fett, as many of the Commandos had. As they were participants in black ops, it was required that sometimes they would have to go without armor. So with the creation of the RC-1000 line, gene alterations were made to skin, hair, and eye color, as well as the clones' voices and personalities. The changes were slight, but each one became a unique individual.
After the war, the Commandos were phased into the Imperial units, before being exterminated as they were considered a liability. But Tyvuh escaped that fate. He also escaped the short life of a clone. He sought out Kaminoan genetic engineer Ko Sai, who not only performed genetic operations to disable the age acceleration gene, but reversed it. Tyvuh looked not one day after 40.
The manner of his escape was a matter of luck. He was abandoned for dead in an operation on Kashyyyk. Forgotten by his comrades, he fought his way out of a mess of droids. Eventually he worked his way into a Wookie village. By that time, Order 66 had been passed. But the villagers realized he was different. An old widow adopted him as his own and cared for him while he remained hidden. He even killed a Clone - or rather Imperial - patrol that had stumbled upon the secluded village.
After many years, he bartered passage of Kashyyyk with the famous Han Solo and joined the Rebellion. He found a new, meaningful life. But he would never forgive his commanders. Rumor had it that they had willingly fell in with the Imperial ranks. So if they were killed off, so be it. In his view, they deserved it.
After all, they didn't know him. They only called him a number. They called him RC-1207.
But his squadmates - no, his friends - called him by what once was his name. He got it because of those forbidden Transgressions that he seemed to perform anyways all the time.
They called him Sev.

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:04 pm

Pitto poured himself a cup of chilled water from a dispenser at the rear of the bridge and drained it, wiping his brow with a cloth as he did so. For all their posturing and self-righteous claims, the Republic forces had pulled out. For a moment, Pitto had been close to worry. The fact that the Republic was able to commit such a sizeable group to an out of the way system like Calim was troubling enough; that they had dropped in right on top of his stretched forces was worse.
"So, Marcus. What's the damage? How bad are the casualties?" Dralin's voice was hoarse, and the face displayed on the viewscreen was still contorted in a mask of fury.
"According to General Batorx, we were actually rather lucky, sir. We have thirty three ground troops dead, sixty eight wounded. We lost an AT-AT walker with all hands, five AT-STs, with all hands but two, and two AT-AAs sustained damage with no crew loss. Given the resistance faced, the General assures me those are relatively light."
"Light, Marcus? Light?" Dralin fumed, "this was supposed to be a simple snatch and grab. A scavenger hunt on a ruined ship. To me, 'light' should mean there are no damn casualties at all! Grife, Marcus, you of all people now how much on the back foot we are. We can't afford to lose an AT-AT, let alone train a whole new crew! I'm sorry, Admiral, I can't authorise replacement, you're going to have to make do."
"Sir, if the 61st is to-"
"I don't want to hear it, Marcus. As of now, your group is still a damn experiment. You've had some success so far, but how the hell do you expect me to justify furnishing a naval battlegroup with a replacement walker when the Moff Council already has enough army divisions screaming for armour augmentation that we've had to come up with a committee just to decide who gets what. It's not happening, Marcus. Make do with what you've got, or go back to commanding a Sector group. What about other casualties?"
"Several fighters from Alpha and Delta squadron, minimal losses there. We lost a TIE Avenger from Ghost Flight-"
"A TIE Avenger, Marcus?" Dralin roared, "What happened to using those fighters sparingly? If you tell me you lost a Defender as well, I swear I'm pulling my support for your project. I'm not committing political suicide asking the Moff Council to give more of our top resources. Not to mention the one-eighty-first will have my head if I ask for another of their pilots."
"No, sir," Pitto sighed, "Spectre Flight suffered no casualties. In fact their kill count alone accounted for more Republic starfighters than we lost."
"Irrelevant," Dralin broke in once again, "The Republic has a whole galaxy to draw idiots more than willing to die for their perpetually idealistic cause from. The old ways of thinking have been reversed, Marcus. A TIE Fighter now has to have the worth of four X-Wings if we're to maintain even a neutral rate of attrition. Most of the small fleets are relying on Preybirds and I-7's for frack's sake."
"I know that, sir. I'm sorry. I'm just presenting the facts here. Casualties from the Subjugator and Overlord were where we were hit hardest. One hundred and twelve in total, sir. Majority from the Overlord."
"I see," Dralin sighed, the anger seeming to drain right out of him, "I'm told we have enough parts from wrecked Immobilisers that welding the two halves of the Overlord together shouldn't be too great a drain on our credits, but that's not the point, is it?"
"No, sir."
"It's never easy losing people under you, Marcus."
"No, sir. But I feel I've done enough killing of my own today to make any guilt about my own men a little hypocritical, sir. The ESS are going to be hurting even more."
"You can't let yourself get into that line of thought, Admiral," Dralin admonished, "they started this, their leaders were the ones who lead those men to their deaths, not you. You did what you had to."
"Yes, sir. Thank you. I'd hardly call our operation here a failure, though. During the battle our forces were able to capture upward of fifty ESS crewmen who were caught on the ground before the Republic could extract them, and one of our commando squads was able to secure the command crew. General Batorx also informs me we have taken a number of Republic troops, most of them wounded. He estimates we have around thirty. I'm holding them on the surface until the prison ship finished up with the ESS cruiser."
"Good. I recommend holding the command crew on the Proditus though, you may need all the leverage you can get to drive off the ESS newcomers."
"Agreed, sir," Pitto said, the trace of a confident smile returning to his face, "speaking of which. I still have a defence to co-ordinate. I'll keep you posted, sir."
"Good, just make sure your comm officer isn't too loud in waking me if I fall asleep." Dralin gave a sardonic smile and closed the link.
"Right, helm, take us back to Calim VI. Drop us as close between the Praetors as you can. Tactical, have the Repressor join us, but hold the Victorys in a defensive orbit here. It's time we finally claimed this system as our own!"

"Why have you done this to me?" Vince's eyes blazed. A swift sweep of his arm scattered the remnants of the datapad to the floor as his eyes bored into Darron's.
"Your Highness," Darron began before Vince cut him off in a thunderous tone.
"Come off it, Darron, we're long past the point where I'm going believe there's any respect left in you."
"That's not true," this time it was Darron's turn to grow angry, "I have never had anything but the utmost respect for you! You were a hero to my people long before you a were a hero to me! Things changed though, Vince. Flying under your command for the UPMF was one of my proudest moments, and then suddenly everything changed. That which Shiromy shows up." Darron had expected an angry outburst at that, but Vince merely cocked an eyebrow. Still, the woman had, as far as Darron had been able to tell, killed the man in front of him only hours ago. "All of a sudden, we're outcasts fighting an evil dictatorship, content to build his power by allying with the worst scum in known space and all but annihilating an entire race! I followed, Vince, because I trusted you. I trusted we were doing the right thing, the right thing for us and the right thing for Cophuran. I never trusted her. She was a woman used to power, Vince, and that's something that hasn't changed."
Vince uncurled the fist he had formed on the desk. He procured a cloth from the corner of the room and began dabbing it on his wounded hand as he paced the room.
"But rather than liberate the people we'd once defended, almost with our lives, we end up finding the galaxy's a much bigger place than we expected. And who uses that to her advantage? Yet again, your wife. Within a pretty small time, she's Empress once again. But she doesn't stop there, pretty soon we're the ones looking to enlarge our territory, carve out a big, bloody niche for ourselves in the galaxy. We're the ones that rely on criminals to further our goals, and you just watched Vince! Don't you see? It was Vaylon all over again! Only this time, it was you who changed. You were the puppet content to subjugate a people while some witch manipulated you the whole time. Shiromy. She's the one that took our peaceful people by the throat and brought us into conflict with everyone we met. The Republic at Remora III, the Stumbos Alliance, just so that you could curry favour with the Corellians, the Empire at Nar Shaddaa, and finally the Mandalorians. How many people have died under her reign, Vince? And how many have died by her hand alone? She's dangerous, Vince. She killed you after all." Darron struggled to form a smile.
Vince remained silent. There was still a powerful rage coursing through him, but now it was contained under a calm exterior. A hurricane encased in a flawless diamond. What was perhaps most unsettling was that Darron no longer knew where the anger was directed. Vince merely gestured for Darron to continue. The younger man paused briefly to find the words.
"And then there was Mryna. What did you to her Vince? How could you do it? She was your protege, your favourite; the princess, the golden girl of the team. And you took all the fire in her that made her what she was and you used it to turn her into a weapon. She became your blinded servant, and then you just handed her over to the Empress. Then she turned into another extension of Shiromy's wrath, something to extend the range of her killing. Ever since she turned the tables and captured me, she's been raging about Imperial indoctrination. I'm not the one who's brainwashed, Vince. She is. You did that long before I ever left the Seven Suns, it just took me a while to realise."
"And you couldn't have told me this?" Vince questioned, his voice almost imploring. "You said you trusted me, why not trust me to do the right thing and tell me, instead of running off to the first enemies you could find?"
"How could I have told you Vince, with Shiromy's fingers in all our minds? She'd have had me stripped of rank for even daring to have the will to question you. Hell, she'd probably have had Mryna kill me. I've come to expect nothing less from both of them." Darron said morosely.
For a rare moment, Vince found himself lacking any words. Instead, he chose to just stare at the man he thought he had known so well.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:12 am

Rygetto meditated. The galaxy was burning. And the ESS! All his hard work. All the pro-democracy senators ridiculed or eliminated over the past few years. All the warhawks and hardliners promoted. All the funds redirected. The media manipulated. Information hidden. All the bloodshed. This had lead up to the assimilation of the United Planets by the ESS. Rygetto's plans were finally paying off.

Not everything had went his way though. The Mandalorian-ESS conflict had been a disaster. Rygetto had spent months secretly building up Malzic and his cronies. He had ensured that the Mandalorian War Council would be filled with the kind of men brave (or stupid) enough to have little fear of stealing WMDs from the ESS and potentially starting a war. He had known that the decreasing stability of the Mandalorian government leading up to Malzic's coup (something that Darius Rygetto had ensured would happen) was certain to be a concern to the Emperor. The whole thing had been perfectly set up!
Of course, he hadn't factored in Fett. That pathetic excuse for a warrior had proven to be quite the leader in a time of dire need. Instead of wiping out the Mandos as expected, the ESS allied itself with Fett and her rebels. Instead of being wiped from the galaxy, the Mandalorians survived, albeit barely, to fight another day. Even more infuriating was that the Mandalorian democracy was restored, with Xiana Fett as its leader!
All was not lost, though. Fett had barely won the presidency. Even now, skilled politician she may be, she could barely hold the Mandalorians together, largely thanks to Rygetto's efforts. Even better, one of the Mandalorian high commanders had defected to the Empire during the Battle of Mon Calamari. This was made all the better by the fact that this ex-mando was now under the supervision of one of Rygetto's agents. To top things off, Malzic had miraculously suvrived to be acquired by this former Mandalorian high commander. This had all made refuelling the seemingly dead flames child's play for Rygetto.
This time, Mandalore would fall.
/////////////////////////////////////////
Malzic stared out the bridge of the Heart of Fire, standing next to Tyvis. There was a battle going on over some planet. It looked familiar. Was it Mandalore? Yes...he thought it was. And those ships they were fighting. They were Mandalorian ships with Mando crews. They were losing fast.
Tyvis turned to Malzic and said with a cold smile. "Your highness, would you kindly announce to the people of Mandalore that they must surrender now or face complete destruction?"
Would you kindly. That was the training phrase Tyvis used. Whenever he started a command to Malzic with that phrase, he had no choice but to obey.
"Yes, High Commander." Why did Tyvis seem to have so little care for his own homeworld, and Malzic's too? Monster Fett may be, those were still good [/i]Mando'ade[/i] dying out there. It didn't matter. Malzic would do as he was told.
Comms patched Malzic through to all open channels. "Attention, people of Mandalore, my subjects," Malzic now sounded like he had before he had disappeared. Anyone listening wouldn't be able to tell the difference. However, unlike before, these words weren't coming from his heart, but from the character drilled into him. He continued. "Your rightful Mandalore has returned to liberate you from the hands of your incompetent leadership. Surrender now, or face complete and utter destruction!"
Tyvis was smiling that cold, heartless smile again. "Excellent work, your Majesty. We will have your throne reestablished in no time."
Malzic was lost deep in thought, though. For the first time in months, he was pondering the consequenses of his actions. And a very deep chill was beginning to grow on his spine.
///////////////////////////
"Incomming urgent distress signal!" said MJOLNIR, sounding very excited. "It's from Mandalore! Tyvis is invading Mandalore!"
"Excellent," said Vorak. "It's time for some payback," he said with a rapidly spreading grin he could hardly contain. "Prepare the fleet for hyperspace for an immediate jump to Mandalore."
////////////////////
Montana and his team walked deeper into the ruins. So far, the ruins were just one big, cavernous hall. Ancient statues of robed figures stood on either side of them. The team's flashlights were the only source of light.
'Y'know, my claustrophobia is pretty bad right now..." said one of the two soldiers who had went in with the team.
"Shoulda told sarge that before you volunteered to go in here, dumbass," said his comrade.

They reached the end of the hall, to find themselves in a breathtakingly large room. It was a treasure room; filled with all sorts of Sith and Jedi artifacts, including lightsabers, holocrons, statues, and pictographs. It was what was in the center of the room, what appeared to be a large cryptlike console, that caught the attention of Professor Nyra Jarin, the beautiful woman put in charge of the archaeological team and who Montana had been flirting with all the way up until now.
Jarin teased Montana for the first time in hours, a sparkle in her green eyes as she turned to him. "So, Monty, where would you put the age?"
"Oh, so suddenly you're not the expert now?" he teased back. She sighed. "Anyway," said Green seriously, "There is no doubt that Ulic Qel-Droma built this. It was probably built between late 3997 BBY or early 3996 BBY at the earliest. Obviously, it couldn't have been built any later than 3986 BBY, when Qel-Droma died."
"So the question is whether he had built it to hide the artifact while still a Sith, or if he built it later to ensure that the secret of the lost fleet would die with him."
"Exactly."
Blackmoon, who had remained silent this entire time whistled in amazement. "Hey, that's pretty impressive, professor."
"Oh, um, thanks, Commander Blackmoon."
"Please, call me Ross."

Jarin was trying to decipher the Sith heiroglyphs with a couple members of her team.
"Okay, I think I've got it."
The holographic figure of a robed man appeared. His face looked like it was perpetually sad. It was Ulic Qel-Droma. Jarin gasped, caught by surprise.
"I am Ulic Qel-Droma," said the figure. "and what has caused you to awaken me?"
"The Lost Fleet," replied Green. "and with all respect, buddy, we'd like you to just cut the crap and tell us where it is and give us the key. Cause if you don't, some real bad guys are going to get to it first."
"Ahem," Blackmoon cut in. "I'll take it from here." He then looked up at Qel-Droma's hologram. "I am Padawan Ross Blackmoon, and I seek knowledge of the Lost Fleet only so I can destroy it and prevent it from falling into the hands of evil."
"That is a heavy responsibility, boy," replied Qel-Droma. "Are you sure you can do that? The Lost Fleet would be a great temptation to use in the name of good. Can you resist the temptation?"
Blackmoon paused. "Yes," he said calmly. "Yes I can."
"The Dark Side is very subtle. You remind me of myself, boy. You are young and filled with passion. You are very vulnerable. If I give you what you want, are you strong enough to see through what you told me you would do?'
"Yes. You can rest easy. I will ensure that nobody will ever use the Lost Fleet. I will do what you couldn't and see to it that it is destroyed."
"Good. I will now show you the fleet's location and give you the key to the fleet."
Qel-Droma's figure disappeared, replaced by a three-dimensional map of the galaxy, with a planet in the far reaches of the galaxy highlighted.
"This is Kharos, in the Kharos system," said Qel-Droma's now disembodied voice. "The star itself is an unstable giant, and combined with the system's remoteness, it was of little interest to explorers. It was the perfect spot to build and keep the fleet."
"Thank you," said Blackmoon.
The crypt suddenly opened. "Here is the key," said Qel-Droma. "It cannot fall into anyone else's hands."

Their conversation was interrupted when several mercenaries deactivated their armor's active camo. One shot and hit one of the NR soldiers. He screamed in surprise and went down. The other had time to react and return fire, but was also quickly hit. The archaeologists ran for cover frantically. Some were hit by blaster bolts, dropping down.
Monty grabbed Nyra by surprise and brought her down to cover. He pulled out his blaster and returned fire.
"Who are these guys?" asked Jarin, the fear and surprise fresh in her eyes.
"I have no idea," he said honestly. "But they're not getting whatever it is they want."
//////////////////////////////////////////////
Wielder of The Spatula

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:55 pm

Aboard the ESS Redeemer Vice-Admiral Jarrej watched with growing discomfort as the Proditus jumped back and rejoined the rest of its fleet orbiting Calim VI. Even with the rest of the battlegroup arriving, it was going to be quite a challenge against the Vengeance-class, at least until the Red Star II arrived. They had informed the flagship immediately about the enemy's move, so hopefully they wouldn't jump to an empty destination. Time to stall them a little.
"Open a comm channel to the Proditus!" She ordered and sat down in her command chair, waiting for the connection to be established. Eventually the hologram of an imperial Admiral emerged in front of her. Despite the distortions she recognized his face as one from the ESS intel databanks: Marcus Pitto.
"Admiral Pitto, I am Vice-Admiral Lugona Jarrej from the ESS heavy cruiser Redeemer. I am here to suggest you leave now and avoid any further bloodshed."
"Vice-Admiral Jarrej" the man replied with the commonly known imperial disdain. "I think you misjudge your position here. So far my forces were able to bring down a task group equal to yours."
"But at what cost?" Jarrej questioned. "Your forces have been heavily crippled and exhausted after several battle engagements. I can see the flames venting from your ships." She offered him a cocky smile. "Of course, if you're looking for a little challenge..."

/////////////////

They kept staring at each other for quite a while. There was so much hurt ... so much to be elaborated. Vince didn't know how Darron could have come up with these believes, but it was obvious that it'd take a lot of explaination to set things straight.
"Very well." He said, and laid his hands on the table. "Let's start at the beginning, shall we?" Darron only shrugged and nodded.
"I do not regret what I did, Darron." Vince said with new found resolve. "The evolution of our civilization was founded on the principles of individuals willing to cross limits, willing to look beyond the horizon of their world."
"And what did we find?" Darron then rebuked. "More deception, more violence, more death. The same crap we already had, only on a bigger scale. And within this great heap of crap we conquered ourselves -"
"That's not true!" Vince cut him off. "This territory was given to us as a gift and a burden. A number of undeveloped Systems with minimal population, loosely governed by Corellia. It was given to us with the task to build up a new civilization. We never made a big fuss about it."
"I don't understand."
"The ESS were a project. An interplanetary civiization development project, which Shiromy and I had agreed to manage. As compensation for our efforts we were granted to take over the fruits of our work, becoming the first legitimate regal leaders of the ESS. As for Shiromy and me" Vince shrugged. "We were both warriors. She had spent her youth fighting for the freedom of the Chedalonian, I had spent mine defending our world against all kinds of agressors. In the dark times after Khetaris we found comfort with each other. When we married, it was out of true love."
"And you didn't think it was all a bit too perfect?" Darron grimaced. "You may have loved Shiromy, but even you should have seen what was happening! Mandalore, VInce! She enjoyed the violence and death she caused there. And now she's a Sith. A Sith, Vince!" Once again Darron shrugged at a lack of words. "There's writing on the wall, Vince, and you don't want to see it! Only now that she went a step too far did you realize what was going on. Now she lost control over you! And what happened? She killed you! She dropped you like a broken toy!"
"NO!" Vince roared up, furiously throwing over the large wooden desk as though it were made of cardboard. "You don't know Shiromy! You don't know her at all!"
"Maybe you don't know her." Darron's voice was calm and Vince found himself angered by his sudden outburst. He shouldn't have reacted like this. He shouldn't have shown this sign of weakness. It made him vulnerable. He clenched his fists, willed himself to calm down.
"No." he said, dropping into the chair again, gazing at the ruined table before him. "I don't know her anymore. She's changed, Darron. The way you describe her ... she hasn't been like this."
"Maybe, but that was a long time ago. That was before the war with Mandalore, before before Nar Shaddaa, and definitely, before she turned Mryna into her personal killer machine."
Vince rolled his eyes. There he went again. In the end it came all down to Mryna. It was obvious that this bit must have hurt him the most. Vince knew of their connection. The three of them had always been a close team, but the bond between the two had always been strong.
"Mryna chose her path, Darron, not you, not me and not Shiromy!"
"But it was Shiromy who made her the offer." Darron argued.
"Just like I made you the offer to become my supreme commander. You allways were a part of the team. I always wanted us to be on an equal level. But instead you ran off to an empire whose cruelty used to know no boundaries and in parts still doesn't." Vince said reproachful. "Don't tell me you'd hoped things would change for the better there."
Darron remained silent. The Empire's dark past was irrefutable and still their ways of dealing was questionable in many ways. It was definitely not the place, where he would have expected Darron to feel comfortable. And it was obvious now, that he didn't. But instead of picking into that wound vince would go one step back, to the point, where all seemed to come together..

"Did you ever wonder, why Mryna went searching for you?"
"What?"
"Simple question, Darron. Please answer it!"
"I thought it was obvious you sent her after me." Darron shrugged.
"Obvious." Vince repeated. "You always had a love for the obvious! You ran away, so it was only obvious that we would send Mryna after you. Mryna is our grand executor, so it is obvious that we turned her into a tool, obviously against her will. Apart from our many ememies, which we obviously provoked ourselves, we have close alliances to people your empire considers criminals, so it is obvious that everything they or we do is criminal and of evil intentions. Shiromy has supernatural powers, so it is obvious that she is using them to force me into marrying her and controlling me ever since." He shrugged. "Shall I go on? You're making it too easy for yourself, Darron. You see, hear and read things and draw your ovn conclusions, instead of looking past the obvious." Vince shook his head, forcing himself to calm down.
"Mryna loves you, you know." he eventually said, rubbing his forehead. "That's why she went to search for you and bring you back."
Darron only tilted his head and gazed at him with an almost offended frown. "You expect me to believe that?"
"I tried to talk her out of this. I had given up on you, Darron. If it was your choice to defect to them, then so be it. I had managed to talk the Empire into an unstable cease-fire, and I wouldn't risk this fragile illusion of peace by going in and dragging you out." Vince took a deep breath and chose his words carefully. He knew they'd be hurting, but they were true. And maybe just because they were hurting, Darron might just believe them. "If it weren't for Mryna, I would have left you there, Darron. I would indeed have watched, as you'd be turned into one of them. When you fled off the Red Star II, I didn't try to stop you from leaving. I didn't send my fighters after your ships. I fired not a single shot at you, when you fled. I didn't care anymore. I know now, that this was a mistake."
Darron remained silent, yet as expected the hurtingly true words left their effect.
"In the end, it was Mryna, who wouldn't give up on you, who reminded me that you weren't just some defector. It was her who reminded me, that we once were a team. We were a team, Darron. We swore to give our life for one-another." Only then did Vince recognize the irony of what he was saying. And at that moment all he could do was shrug and give Darron a wry smile. "Well, I suppose I kept my word."

Drake26
Lieutenant JG
Bounty Hunter

Post by Drake26 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:09 am

Jack deactivated the stun baton, spun it around his wrist, then dropped it back into the pocket it came from, grinning at Mryna. "You might be surprised how effective arguing with someone is at distracting them from what they're supposed to be doing, like disarming you." Then his face became more serious, "Judging from your lack of being in stun cuffs and you sudden change of mood, I'm guessing our situation has changed again, from whatever the fuck it was before. Now when I signed on for this job, I knew I wouldn't always get to know everything, but this is absolutely nuts, and changing faster then the moods of a teenage Zeltron girl on glit, so would you mind filling in the holes, please?"
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
David looked up at an aid knocked and entered his office, "Sir, we've received a priority call from an orbiting ship called the Darkqueller requesting for you sir."
David leaned back in his chair and nodded, grateful for the distraction. "I'll take it here." When a hologram of Mako appeared over his desk, David leaned forward, raising and eyebrow. "Mako? Give me a sec, I'll be right up." Then he disappeared to appear on the bridge of the Darkqueller above.
Mako turned away from the screen, rolling his eyes, "Why do you always do that?"
"Because I prefer to talk face to face." David said, then grinned "Plus, I know it annoys you." Then he noticed the small figure next the man. "And what have we here?"
"This is Kyaara Trageton, Princess of the Seven Suns. Kyaara, this is David Rain, Emperor of the Wolf." Mako said, gesturing.
David frowned, thinking, then nodded, "Ah, Shiromy. And you decided to take your problem and try to make it my problem?" He said, guessing the purpose of the visit.
"Yeah, Shiromy, and yeah, that was the general plan." Mako agreed with a grimace.
David thought for a moment more, then nodded again, "A reasonable plan." He said, then turned to Kyaara, "Grab your stuff, I'm going to take you camping."
Several minutes later, they appeared in a clearing a third of the way around Riad from the palace, and as it was getting dark, began to set up a camp.
Proud owner of the Almighty Frying Pan of Hugeness (Doom) or AFPoH(D)

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:39 pm

Ferris had stood defiantly as the droid fighters of the Keepers bore down on her and the ruins that held the people that she considered to be under her protection. Whirrling her blades about her she deflected countless laser blasts back to those who sent them. As some of the droids got close enough to land Ferris noted haow they resembled the vulture droids from the clone wars. For a moment she wondered if the CIS design had been influenced by these or was it the other way around, considering that these drods could walk on the ground as well. Either way it didn't matter there were others depending on her and she had t keep these attackers at bay. Ferris found that thogh the damping field that was being deployed greatly weakend her she was still able to manipulate things either with the Force or her Zhawn training. After deftly blocking a laser blast from one fighter, she used a blast of Force lightning to fry the droids circuts. Pulling from her previous battle, on the now sunken Keeper Dread, Ferris compacted the droid into a sphere and used it as a projectile. Doing the same thing to another three droids she sent all four projectiles out to ricochet among the droid fighters, turning swams of them to slag, but still even more came. As alarming as that was to Ferris, there was something alarmed her even more. As she found herself leaping in the air to land on a droid only to dipatch t before she hurled herself to another, Ferris found her emotions seemed to be locked away. She felt no rage, anger,or hatred, not the usual glee and joy of battle, nor the exasperation of fighting someone that just doesn't know when to quit. Her emotions were simply gone and all there was, was the simple task of clearing the way so that she and hers could leave this place. Looking to her side Ferris saw that some of t droids had deided to ignore her and go for the ruins. At first she thought of giving chase, but she remembered that Raynes, Hudson, and the Jedi would be able to handle them. Turing backto the task at hand she contiued to clear the way.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Mako sat down on a rock to enjoy the night breeze outside of the tent after finally getting Kyaara to sleep. A few moments later David joined him. "Nice planet you've got here." Mako commented.
"Thanks,"David replied "So what's the rest of your plan involving the crown princess of the ESS, besides getting me invlved?"
"I have no idea." Mako chuckled, "I'm making it up as I go along, but the main part is keeping her away from Shiromy for as long as possible."
"And that meant bringing her here to me?" David asked.
"I had to do something, Shiromy is tracking her, and in my current state I can't possibly stand against Shiromy. Roscha is back in Coalition space helping Kiyone to find out who planted those bogus charges against us, and keeping the Republic from snooping around too much. Ferris has been out of contact for quite some time, and I owe it to Vince to keep his daughter safe."
"So you sensed Shiromy's deception as well?" David mused.
"Sensed?" Mako scoffed "Only a pure moron with mush for brains or who did not know Vince even foe a millisecond, would buy that whole Myrna killed the Emperor story. Of course Shiromy did it. She's the oly one who could get close enough or is powerful enough for that matter to do it."
"Roscha could have done it." David said half jokingly
"Nope I have full accountability of Roscha's whereabouts on that day." Mako replied with a big smile. "Come on let's get some sleep. Mabe if We're lucky it will be a while before Shiromy shows giving you plenty of time to show a new student some Magic."

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:10 pm

"Alright, Mryna said, as they walked through the hangar, where she had parked the Scorpion. She'd have to pick some stuff from the ship's lockers - after all it seemed the Traquia was going to become her new home for the time being. Just then she noticed the crashed wreckage of the Dawn not too far off to the left. Behind it was a lengthy strip of scarred metal, the result of a quite uncomfortable slide.
"Do I want to know?" She queried, pointing at the crashed ship.
"You first." Jack returned, crossing his arms.
"Okay, but so far I can only give you bits, since even I don't have a full understanding of what went off back there."
Jack merely shrugged. "Anything that helps me get the picture."
"OK, here's a short rundown." Mryna said. "For whatever reason the Empress seems to have suffered some sort of confusion or mental breakdown and is now thinking of me as a traitor to the ESS. Even worse: When the Emperor intervened and tried to protect me, she accused him as well and killed him - and blamed me for it."
"What?" Jack gasped. "That's crazy!"
"Don't tell me!" Mryna shrugged. "But it doesn't end here. To make things worse I have a chip implanted somewhere in my head that can tell the Empress my exact location, thus the sudden arrival of this ship we're on. And I have to assume she won't stop until she's tracked me down."
"That's horrible." Jack said, frowning. "But how can you be so calm after all that? And, above all, first they shoot you down and now everybody seems to crawl at your feet doing your bidding as if nothing happened. This is the thing that really gives me the creeps."
"This ship, its crew and I have a history." Mryna explained, slightly evasive. "Some bonds cannot be broken by blunt accusations."
"Oh come on, that was cheap!" Jack grunted. "I know you too well to know that you're telling me only half the truth." Mryna sighed. Three months stuck together aboard the Dawn obviously had left their traces.
"Can I trust you?" she eventually questioned him, focussing him with her purple gaze.
"Did I ever give you any reason not to? You're my boss and right now the only person I would trust, so yeah."
"Good. Well, the thing is, opposed to what most people think it isn't that easy to kill Vince Trageton. He reminded us of that and cleared the false charges against me, at least aboard this ship."
"He survived?" Jack concluded in surprise. "How?"
"Long story." Mryna shrugged with a grin. "You'll sleep better, if you don't know the details."
"I would gladly take that risk, if it earns me the full story." A voice behind her said. Turning around, Mryna found a cloaked figure walking towards them. Pulling back the hood he revealed his face and Mryna instantly recognized Luke Skywalker, Grand Master of the new Jedi Order.
"Keen words, Master Skywalker." Mryna greeted him with a bow. "If I didn't know better I'd think you came here on behalf of the galactic press."
"Certainly not, Miss Qhalic." The jedi said offering a genuine smile. "But still it surely won't hurt filling me in on the details." His voice was strangely calm and deliberate and instantly Mryna felt a chill run down her spine as she found herself beginning to repeat what he had just uttered.
"Well, it surely won't hurt filling you in on some of the details, but honestly, I'm not the one you should be questioning about these things. You might want to ask him yourself."
"So the Emperor is alive?" Skywalker frowned. But it was clear that these news sent a wave of relief through him. "I had the feeling that there was more to this than the media would tell."
"You should speak to him." Mryna simply said and her expression turned serious. "He will want to talk to you."
"I see." Skywalker said and nodded. "Then I'll be on my way. What will you do?"
"Well," Mryna said and stretched. "First thing I'll be taking a shower. Then I'll head to the medical center. I have a chip in my head that needs removal."
"Then I will no longer hold you up." the jedi said and offered a slight bow, before he left for the hangar entrance.
"Oh, and Skywalker" Mryna eventually called after him.
"Miss Qhalic?" he replied and turned around just to find her throwing him a cocky smile.
"I'd appreciate it, if you'd refrain from using any more mind tricks on me in the future. I tend to react quite violenly to such manipulations."

Drake26
Lieutenant JG
Bounty Hunter

Post by Drake26 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:03 am

Jack turned to Skywalker, studying him. "So you're one of the famous Jedi people are always clamoring about. Well, I've heard you guys are pretty good in a fight, and I'd like to test that, so if you'd be so kind to meet me in the sparring ring, I'd appreciate it. Who knows, if you live up to the hype, I might even forgive you for being a controlling, manipulative bastard." And with that he strode off to find someone who could arrange for the fixing of his beloved ship, leaving Skywalker standing there still trying to formulate a response.
<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>
David woke before the others and, noting the complaining of his stomach, began to prepare breakfast. As the food was cooking, he found some appropriately sized sticks and started going through some sword forms, a routine he hadn't had much time for since he had started setting up his government, but figured he should start brushing up on in light of his current situation. The noise of his cooking must have woken up Kyaara, as after a few minutes he found her watching him. After a few moments she asked him, "Why are you using sticks when you have real swords right there?" Pointing to Shadowfell and Foebane sheathed on his back.
He smiled at her interest, responding, "Those swords are magical, and I only draw them when there is real killing to be done."
She crossed her arms and frowned, "I'm old enough to know theres no such thing as magic."
David raised an eyebrow at that, "This coming from a girl who can shoot energy blasts from her hands?"
"Thats different!"
"Is it really?" He said with a grin, and with some handwaving produced a small bird. As it hopped around on his hand then onto his finger, the sunlight reflected off its shimmering train of red and gold feathers, making it seem as if it were on fire. Then her eyes widened even more as it flew over onto her shoulder and nuzzled her cheek. "Not so unbelievable now, is it?"
""Can you teach me?" She asked, giving him bambi eyes.
He nodded, "Of course, I'd love to." He thought for a moment. "Given the powers you already have, teaching you Elementalism seems a little redundant, though you'll have to learn it to get into higher magics. Illusion seems like it'll be the most immediate benefit and compliment to your current skills."
She looked down at the bird on her shoulder, "Is this only an illusion then?" she asked a little sadly.
"Heck no, me being the showoff I am, I summoned you an actual Miniature Phoenix." He said with a laugh.
Her eyes widened again, "Can I keep it? Please?"
He shrugged, "I didn't bind her, and I don't intend to banish her, so I guess she'll stick around till she chooses to leave. You're capable of telepathy, if you ask her nicely, she'll probably tell you her name." He picked up one of the ration morsels he had prepared for breakfast, bit into it, then made a face. "You two go play for a while, I'm going to go catch us something more appetizing to have for lunch."
Proud owner of the Almighty Frying Pan of Hugeness (Doom) or AFPoH(D)

FarShot
Lieutenant JG
Rebel Alliance

Post by FarShot » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:37 am

Tyvuh spun around from behind a column, unleashing a volley from his twin blasters. The DC-17's bolts brought down a fighter into the surf. Surprisingly, it stood up and resumed firing. Goddamn vultures all over again. Sensing an incoming blast, he rapidly dived behind another column before the one he was ducking behind shattered into thousands of chips. He jumped out, fired a dozen shots, then leaped back into cover as a shot hit where he was standing. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the walking craft fizzle and then explode.

The cobalt blue color of Tarrick's lightsaber attracted dozens of fighters in his direction. Spinning the blade in his palm, twirling it about his head before resting in in front of his face, he deflected a chain of blasts from a landing craft heading towards the beach. It quickly lost control, slamming into another one above it. Further out, he spotted another pair coming in. As he looked in that direction, thunder pierced the air about him. Turning to his right, he saw Ferris laying waste to a fighter using lightning.
That was a Force power. If she could use it still, why couldn't he?
He sat behind a pillar, shutting his eyes in concentration. Soon he discovered something. The Force wasn't gone; that would be impossible, as the very fact he was alive was proof it was still there. No, whatever the effect of the Keepers was, it only isolated pockets of the Force. Searching out, he found that each person, each blade of grass, still had a Force aura. But all the connections were gone. It was if everyone lived in there own small bubble. Looking inside himself, he found his own well. He hadn't noticed it because he had been drawing on the community of life. But now it was there.
Mustering his inner power, he made a successful connection to that vessel and took off in a burst of speed. When he approached the beach, he leaped hundreds of feet, right onto the canopy of one of the landing craft. The pilot droid looked at him and began drawing a blaster. It only grabbed the handle before the blue blade sliced through the transparisteel window. Tarrick burst through and slaughtered the remaining droids within, then returned to the cockpit. Taking the controls, he veered left and shot down several fighters.
Well, if this craft survives the day, we'll have plenty of room.

---

"After I talk to the Emperor, if you truly are up to it." He left and boarded a lift. Well, I had it coming anyways. Besides, these people are smart enough to trust me. Except apparently a guard. As Luke stepped off the lift, the door guard spun around and aimed his blaster at him.
"Oh dear, you caught me."
"Don't move... uh..." He was obviously searching for a name to call him.
"Jedi. I am very powerful, as I obviously must be to get past the dozens of men and numerous turrets down in the hanger, as well as the cameras whose live streams I stopped using my telepathy." He grinned that cocky smile that he had used so often.
The guard backed off, his face reddening. "I'm sorry, sir. May I help you?"
Luke's face turned passive again as he tilted his head inquiringly. "Where is your leader?"
The man stammered again, searching for the right words. "The Empress is on New Cop..."
"No, not the Empress. I want to meet her husband, the alive and well Vince Trageton."
"The Emperor is down the hall, second door on the left."
Luke patted the man on the shoulder and then left. That is the last time I'm doing it for today, I swear. It's like an addiction.
He found the door and opened it with the Force. Two Cophuranese men looked up at him, one the Emperor, the other someone unknown to Luke.
"I seem to always pick the worst times to meet, Emperor," said Luke with a grin.