Open War II: Chronicles of Darkness

to immortalize all those epic battles we fought together...

Re: Open War II: Chronicles of Darkness

Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Dragon » Fri May 15, 2009 4:07 pm

The two pirate shuttles, which had escaped the attack on Roche 14, stopped at a trading station near Velmor. There the pirates sold the shuttles and 'bought' a small freighter, an YT-1930 named Lucky Charm. It brought not much luck to its former owner, his dead body was jettisoned at the next stop. Now the Lucky Charm was on its way to a nebula close to Donovia. Thelin and Ortakin, the former leader of Roche 14, sacked the bar of their new ship. It was the first time since the attack that they felt save and not pursued.
"Bloody bastards!" Ortakin cursed, while refilling his glass. "How cold this happened?"
"I don't know." Thelin replied. "But it seems that the damn ESS has hired the Imperial Remnants and New Republic to do their dirty work."
"Whatever gave you that idea?" Ortakin couldn't help laughing. Thelin beat the glass out of Ortakin's hand. "That isn't funny!"
Both man gazed at each other, for a few moments it looked like that they would fight. Then Ortakin relaxed and filled two new glasses.
"I doubt that even the mighty Vince Trageton could bring the Imperial Remnants and New Republic to to work with each other."
"It still was a stupid idea to work for these guys, whoever they are. Before this we stayed under the radar and now everyone is chasing us."
"You might be right, but that isn't only our decision."
"Right, lets wait what the others say to the recent events." Both emptied their glasses, not the last on this evening.

---------------------------------------

After a trip of one day, the Lucky Charm was nearing the Agrat-mot nebula. This was probably the most remote sector inside the whole Expansion Region. Nothing within the next few light years. The nebula was rumored to be deadly, and this was true, because the pirates had placed asteroids and even mines within the denser parts of the nebula.
Thelin took over the helm, because only he, Ortakin and a few others knew the save passage, it took half an hour to maneuver the freighter through it.
Then the station, that was hidden inside the nebula, came in sight. Thelin and Ortakin were astonished, at the last time that they were here, there was only a obsolete Space Colony 1 and a small space dock. But now a massive Golan V Space Fortress towered before them. It was the newest design from Golan Arms, the station had a length of 7.5km, a width of 3.5km and a hight of 5km (including four defensive- and one docking-tower on the top and two spines on the bottom of the station.).
Thelin contacted the station and transmitted his personal code.
"Code verified Thelin, you can land in bay seven and welcome to the Dragon's Keep."
Thelin looked confused to Ortakin. "Dragon's Keep, wasn't it the Mynocks Nest?"
"Yep, i guess they changed the name with the new station, a good idea if you ask me."
The freighter approached the assigned hangar.
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.
"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Sun May 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Darron sank back into his chair, and propped his feet up on the low table in front of him, drawing a frown from both the clerk behind the reception desk and the medic he was chatting to. Darron ignored them as he began to flick through the screens on his datapad. Though he had been joking about getting himself checked out, he had done so anyway as a means to pass the time, and out of idle curiosity as to what he had been injected with. All he had been told was that it was a fairly standard sedative developed by the Empire before the Civil War, but the medical analysis had shown it contained a chemical that was actually fatally toxic to the Corbidian bio-chemical systems. It was just one more example of how hostile the wider galaxy seemed to the small territory that once encompassed the entirety of what was to him the known universe.
Darron looked up, through the thickened glass of the operating room. His sight of Mryna was limited to the blanket covered lower half, while her head was surrounded by a team of five medics busily digging in, searching for the electronic leash that tied Mryna to her former master. Darron was not a squimish man, he had seen his fair share of blood, but the idea of someone cutting through his skull was utterly repugnant to him. Medics were certainly a strange breed.
Whether it was the sight of Mryna unconscious and defenceless, or the realisation that almost everyone on this ship still considered him an enemy, or even something beyond his knowledge, he did not know, but Darron suddenly felt a powerful unease. He was dressed only in a standard set of ESS fatigues, and even that had been a grudging concession from the quartermaster, and was completely unarmed. The waiting room was large, spaceous and with the exception of the reception desk, utterly devoid of cover. There were multiple entrances, and a clear view of Mryna incapacitated on the operating table. Darron was not sure why all of these details were suddenly filling his mind, but he eyed the passive security guard at the main entrance with great suspicion. The guard seemed to not even acknowledge Darron's presence. How much did he know? Did he recognise Darron as a traitor to the ESS? Darron felt a sudden urge to return to Vince's recently reacquired office, but he was reluctant to leave Mryna. He had wanted to be beside her in that room, but had been expressly forbidden by everyone from the receptionist to the medics to Mryna herself. He couldn't leave, no matter how uncomfortable he now felt.

Marcus Pitto drained another cup of caf, rubbing his eyes as he finished. The events of the day had taken their toll, and he felt exhausted. But out of nowhere, some improbable relief seemed to have arrived. The massive warship that now screened the Proditus from frontal assault was like nothing Pitto had ever seen; it dwarfed the massive Golan IV Platform Bastion Sentinel that protected the capital, dwarfed the Executor-II class that had been bearing down on him, dwarfed even some of the shipyards that orbited Yaga Minor. It was immense, and the energies that must fuel it were simply beyond Pitto's ability and will to comprehend.
His starfighters had been recalled with minimal casualties, the 109th Assault Fleet had returned from their desperate flight and had formed a protective barrier around the Subjugator and the Overlord, fending off veritable squadrons of Republic light cruisers, frigates and corvettes. A tentative island, separate from Pitto's command, and on the brink of being overwhelmed, they nonetheless absorbed and distributed turbolaser fire in near equal measure, frantically holding what ground they could.
Even now, Pitto could see the ESS fleet attempting to reorganise. A flanking attack from the sides was inevitable, Pitto knew, but so long as the new battlegroup in front of him held, his task group might just have a fighting chance. They had finally answered hails, announcing their giant command ship as the Emperor's Crown, a name that had meant nothing to Pitto. They had proceeded to demand a full update of events prior to their arrivalm something Pitto was hesitant to do, to say the least. They refused to answer any authorization requests, or to give further identification. Pitto suspected they may be another breakaway Imperial faction lead by some egoist warlord, but he could not simply refuse the help they seemed to be offering, no matter how much he may have despised separatists that had abandoned the Empire. So he had grudgingly consented, transmitting sensor data only, unwilling to give radio transcripts or full tactical analysis readouts.
"Looks like we've found ourselves in another standoff, sir." Lieutenant Bayn sighed from the sensor station.
"Indeed we are," Pitto gave a soft chuckle, "only this time, we're not the ones that instigated it. Watch those boards, closely, someone's going to try and get round soon enough, and I want us ready as soon as they so much as twitch."
"Aye, sir. Are you expecting enemy reinforcements?"
"With the ESS? I'm always expecting reinforcements." Pitto rolled his eyes and returned to the main viewport.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Sun May 17, 2009 7:58 pm

Taya strode swiftly through the corridors, throwing each crewman she met a poisenous glare. By now her demeanor alone had got her past most of the ship's crew and security staff. It seemed that most of the crew didn't know about the events that had unfolded earlier and thus didn't see her as an intruder. How ridiculous was this anyway? This ship was property of the ESS, how could she even dare to think this? She was the Empress' hand and everyone aboard this ship would answer to her or face the consequences.
She was getting close. Rounding another corner she found the first white signs that directed the way to the infirmary. She slowed her pace, rose her guard again. If Qhalic was in there she would have at least a squad of guards protecting her. Peering around the next corner she found her suspicion confirmed. A pair of guards flanked the med center's main entrance, more were stationd down the hallway and at the side entrances. Taking a deep breath, Taya made sure her blasters were charged full, then put on her most authoritarian face and boldly strode around the corner.
Instantly the guards stepped forth to block her way. "Hold it right there!" One said. "By order of the Emperor, this section is currently under quarantine." What was that? By order of the Emperor? Apparently news didn't travel as fast as she had expected.
"The Emperor is dead, and right now you are guarding his murderers." She addressed them firmly. "If you don't want to be charged with high treason, you better let me pass."

/////////////////

Vince watched the twisted blue caleidoscope swirling around them, as the Traquia sailed through hyperspace. Behind him Skywalker was sitting on the command platform, eyes closed, meditating over something. It was amazing how relaxed and peaceful he appeared. His aura was powerful yet calm like a deep unmoved lake. It reminded him of Shiromy, only being in absolute contrast to her. Whenever Vince had found her in meditation she was like a star - calm and constant, yet pulsing with energy that surrounded her like a firy corona. He sighed. Yes, she had played with fire - one too many times.
He tried to push away the aching thoughts and instead checked his chrono. Darron was late. "How long until we reach Calim?"
"20 minutes top." said the ship's captain, Gary Flint. "If I push her, we might make 15." Although he hadn't been around the bridge crew as long as Platon or Wiggins, who went back to the old days of the SBCR Warrior, Flint had fit in just fine. In the ESS' early days, Flint had been flying with Shadow Squadron under Graygh Trughet, who himself had used to be a good friend of Vince's. Yet with growing age, switched to a calmer position as navigator on the Traquia. Even though he had used to be the 'new guy' the crew soon had found respect and appreciation for his cunning maneuvers and total disregard for physical laws when it came to making a 13km behemoth dance. When George Blexton had been promoted to Supreme Commander, Flint had stepped up and taken his place. They were more than some bridge crew. They were a team unlike any other in the ESS.
"I think 20 is just fine." Vince said with a thin smile. "But hold that thought." Striding up to the command platform he sat down in his chair and activated the intercom. "Medical, come in. Is Admiral Larcoon still there?"
It took the man at the reception a moment to react, then, as he realized whom he had on the line he spoke quickly.
"Yes, sir. He's here. Shall I get him?"
"Please do!" Vince agreed. It took a few more moments, then a familiar voice reported.
"Larcoon here."
"It's me. How's Mryna doing?"
"She's still being treated. I should stay with her until she awakes. Took me long enough to unglue her from her ship already." Vince had to smile first, but soon realized that Darron's words were a try to cover his uncomfortability. It was a difficult situation for him no doubt - half the ship still considered him a traitor of sorts and while he was tolerated he was met with suspicion and mistrust. It'd take a bit more than Vince's word to regain the trust. He could only hope that the bridge crew would trust him and by doing so, sharing his trust in Darron.
"Tell the medics to hurry up. We'll reach Calim in 20 minutes. I'll need you on the bridge then."
"As if they'd listen to me..." Darron commented dryly - and his frustration was now less concealed. "Anyway I'll see what I can ... What the....?"
Suddenly, one could hear blaster fire thoguh the comm - then static.
"Darron!" Vince shouted. "What's going on down there?" Yet he received no answer. calling up holoscreens from the infirmary's surveillance cams he received only dead signals. Whoever was invading there, had already eliminated the cams.
"Damnit!" He cursed, and literally sprung out of his chair, almost tripping over Skywalker. Just great! The last thing he needed now, was some self-righteous gunman twisted by Shiromy's lies starting a vigilante aboard this ship. With a swift salto he sailed over the railing and landed on the main deck. "Your ship, Captain" He announced and stomped into the corridor.
"Rushing into action?" He suddenly heard Skywalker's voice next to him. For a moment he was amazed how the jedi master had been able to follow him that quickly.
"I'm not a Jedi, Skywalker." Vince said shortly, ever increasing his pace. "I don't have your serene patience. I've lost one good friend today. I won't loose any more."
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Design HQ | Vince T's X-Wing HQ | My Steam Workshop

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Fri May 22, 2009 5:29 am

Malzic finally broke. He couldn't let Mandalore be bombarded. Very calmly, he said, "High Commander, I don't think you are fit to lead my forces anymore."
Tyvis was astonished. "What?"
Malzic had pulled out his blaster. Now he had gotten the crew's attention. "No one who would order his own homeworld scorched deserves to command my forces. No one who would have Mandalore destroyed deserves to be called a Mandalorian."
Tyvis's face turned to rage. He had completely lost control now "What the..They're not even your forces! Did you honestly believe you were going to be emperor? And not just some puppet! You're a figurehead!" Tyvis moved in closer and said in a menacing quiet voice "I don't need you. The Mandalorians don't need you. They need true leadership, and that's what I plan on giving them. And sometimes, that requires making sacrifices. I warned you before; you're just a pawn, and when I have no use for you anymore, you'll be cast aside." He finished by saying,"just a pawn."
The entire crew was watching the two, in complete shock over their commander's actions. They were mumbling amongst themselves. "Did he really just say that?" "I can't believe it!" "I don't know about you, but I sure as hell am not going to fire on my own people."
"That's not what they see," said Malzic, indicating the crew. "But what they do see is a Traitor to our people who is willing to destroy our homes and the lives of countless Mandalorians to achieve his goals."
Some of the crew mumbled agreement. Malzic drew his blaster again. Tyvis turned his head and yelled in outrage. "What? I'm your commander, not your so-called 'Mandalore'! Are you going to listen to Him? Stop him, for God's sake!"
BZEW!
Malzic blew Tyvis's brains out. His limp body crumpled to the floor. "Comms?"
"Uh..yes, sir?" said the scared-looking young Mandalorian officer.
"Patch me through to the entire fleet."
"Yessir."
Malzic began. "Attention, Mando'ade. Your commander is dead. He was a traitor to our people. Abort the bombardment immediately! I repeat, cease fire! Mandalore is a gem to valuable to destroy, even at the cost of victory. But do not be disheartened! We can still claim victory today, if we work to drive these invaders from our space. They pretend to be our allies, but they only want to force their motives on us. Tyvis was wrong to take them as allies. Because of his foolishness, we have been forced to dirty our hands against not our own enemies, but the enemies of our allies! But we will serve them no longer. The Galactic Empire can not and will never gain a foothold on Mandalore!"
//////////
Two, observing from the bridge of the Xiana Fett couldn't believe his eyes. The Mandalorian of his ship's namesake had returned from New Cophuran and was now leading the Mandalorian forces against Kareen's ISDs from the Mandalore. The Vipers had been tearing away at Tyvis's fleet, but seemed to have absolutely no interest in the Empire. And now, Tyvis's ships had suddenly stopped bombarding Mandalore and were attacking the Imperial ships. Try as he might, Two could come up with no logical explanation for this. Not that anyone on the bridge really cared for one, as their cheering indicated.
////////////////////////////////////////////
Kareen contacted the Heart of Fire no doubt wondering what the Hell was going on.
"Are you mad, High Commander? Cease fire at once, or I will order my Star Destroyers to return fire. You are lucky that I am a patient man, High Commander."
"Go Kark yourself, Aretuiise scum," said Malzic. "Tyvis is dead. Your pet Mandos answer to me now!"
Kareen made no effort to contain his outrage. "I...I will tear you to shreds! I will send you all to Hell! I'll..."
Malzic smiled. "Comms, cut transmission." Kareen was cut off.
Unfortunately, cutting him off didn't make Malzic's situation any better. Deep down, he and all his men knew they had basically just signed up to be wiped out. Kareen's ISDs pounded the pitiful remains of Tyvis's fleet relentlessly. Even the Heart of Fire wasn't going to survive this. The closest Star destroyer, the Suppressor was moving in for the kill. It was so close, they could see some of the turbolaser batteries as they ripped through the hull.
"Shields down!" said an officer.
Malzic stared on, embracing imminent doom.
"Hull compromised!" said another officer. The turbos were really hitting home.
"Give me the helm," he said softly, with a grim conviction. This time wouldn't be like his battle with Fett on the bridge of the Brutus. He knew there would be no hope of survival. "We're not going out peacefully."
Malzic steered the ship on a collision course with the Suppressor. Malzic wasn't religious. Divine protectors and their moral laws were for those too weak to do what was needed and too weak to place faith in the tangible, the existent. However, he knew that if there was an afterlife, he would have a lot to answer for. He didn't care. Not even a speck of regret. He had accepted who he had made himself to be. If there was a hell, Malzic was more than prepared to spend an eternity in it.
There was a terrible screech of metal, then for an instant there was a blinding explosion with an equally incredible sound as the two ships collided and died violently in the explosion.
Wielder of The Spatula

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Fri May 22, 2009 1:16 pm

"So you are the Empress' new pet!" Darron Larcoon snarled. The blue-skinned man gazed at her in bewildered defiance, pointing a blaster at her, which he had managed to snatch from one of the dead guards. She knew from his records that he had been a formidable fighter pilot and was well trained in advanced melee and firearms tactics. But all in all his proficiency was no match for her training and augmented reflexes. Behind him Taya could see the cowardly medics covering behind the operation table, leaving their patient - Mryna Qhalic - completely unprotected and defenseless. For a moment Taya felt sorry for her. She had respected Qhalic as a fighter, a worthy opponent. Seeing her helpless like this just didn't feel right. On the other hand she was a murderer - she deserved worse. But then again, she should be conscious to face the consequences of her crimes. Killing her now - in her sleep - would make Taya no better than her.

"You're lucky the Empress wants both of you alive." She said. "I recommend you tell those cowardly medics to patch her up and make her travel-ready."
"No way you'll be taking either Mryna or myself to your Empress." The Cophuranee said defiantly and checked his aim.
"I thought so." Taya sighed. "Then I guess we'll be doing it the hard way." She shot. The blue stun blast sprayed through the room, before he could even react. But instead of hitting him the paralyzing energy waves suddenly paused in mid-air, merely two feet away from him. Then the waves began to crumble, twitch and collapse into a pulsing blue sphere hovering between them. Slowly the spher moveed as if guided by invisible hands. Almost captivated by the strange sight Taya followed its path and slowly turned around. She was like hypnotized, focussed only on the crackling blue object that slowly circled around her. Then the sphere came to a halt, hovering over an open palm. And slowly her gaze rose, her focus pulling out from the sphere towards the person, who was holding it like a pet. A wave of shock washed over her, when she recognized, whom she was facing. How was this possible? He was dead!
"That will be all, Agent Berin." Vince Trageton said calmly, a trace of menace in his voice. "You're off the case." Just then did she notice how the hand moved behind the blue sphere. "I'm suspending you from active duty." Then the sphere hit her with its full force, her entire body tensened and twitched for just so long, before she lost consciousness and dropped to the floor.

/////////////////

The Dominance majestically sailed out of the gravity well of new Cophuran, leaving the planet behind and heading for open space.
Destination: Riad.
Shiromy sat in her chambers, meditating. She could feel the presence of her daughter. Luminous and strong. She was on Riad. No doubt Rain was involved. By now it appeared almost logicel that Vince, Mako and Rain would be the core to the scheme to destroy her. There was a good chance that Corellia, too, could be or become involved, given that Wes Janson used to be a close friend of Vince in the past. But so far there was no solid evidence leading to their involvement. Vince, Mako and Rain - and soon Kyaara, if she didn't act. By now Shiromy had come to see the full scale of the threat. Isolating Kyaara they would turn her into their tool, building up her powers and using them to their advantage. They would not only threaten her but the rest of the galaxy.
They had to be stopped.
And only Shiromy would be powerful enough to stop them - only her would ever dare to stop them.

Once again she took a deeep breath and tabbed into the Force, extending her senses and seeking the knowledge and the wisdom of the galaxy. Images flickered through her mind, past, present and future. Forcing he will on the flow of impressions she brought order to the chaos of thoughts, as she took in the visions like glasses of water. She saw Calim VI, a massive assembly of ships hung in the orbit, fighting each other. A large battle was taking place. She recognized some of the ships - the Red Star II and the Traquia, both fighting the imperial battlecruiser Proditus and its fleet. They were winning the battle. With growing glee she watched as the Traquia dashed forward moving in broadside position to the Proditus. Shiromy smiled. A glorious victory that would show the imperial Remnants their place in the galaxy.
But something wasn't right. The Traquia suddenly turned facing the Red Star II. "No!" she heard herself whisper, as a grizzly premonition crept up her spine. Now both ships were moving in on the Red Star II. In helpless horror she watched as the Traquia opened fire, a gleaming white beam that seemed to envelop the Red STar II and devoured it in a blinding flash of light, tearing into her soul. She rose her hands, trying to protect her eyes from the searing light. She tried to look away but her will seemed broken, compelled to stare into the light, which seemed to devour her like a bursting star.
Darth Pyra screamed.

Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Dragon » Sat May 30, 2009 9:52 pm

Shortly after she gave the return order to the droid fighters Ferris heard the dragon's voice again.
'Good work! I suggest that we leave as quickly as possible, before more keepers arrive. I doubt that we can defend them as easily as this one.'
'Agreed.' She answered.
'I'll pick your people up and bring them to this ship. You should pick up your things from the other Dreadnought and destroy it, we shouldn't leave it behind.'
'Agreed, once more' Quick thinker, she thougth for herself.
A minute later, the people around Tarrick Maye began to disappear and he heard a male voice in this head.
'We are leaving this planet, and i suggest you do the same.'
'Can we come with you?' He asked. 'We hadn't much time to talk.'
'Sure, take your shuttle to the new Dreadnought.'
'Thank you'
A few minutes later, the shuttle and the now visible Whisper returned to the Dreadnought.
Tarrick was astonished, he never even heard of such a... ship? He watched out of the shuttles window and tried to imprint every detail.
Whisper contacted Ferris again. 'We just got a massage from friends of us, we need to go. Maybe you could do us a favor, this Dreadnoughts are rumored to be very fast, so could you give us a ride?'
Ferris deliberated, they aided her and her friends. 'Alright, whereto?'
'Thank you, to the Calim system.'
A little later one Dreadnought left the system and the other crashed on the planet, leaving just destroyed keeper equipment in the system.
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sun May 31, 2009 12:00 am

The Traquia blazed out of hyperspace a few dozen kilometers outside and above the battlefield. A quick glance at the sensor screens showed a constellation similar to that from the tactical readouts they had received from the Red Star II. The unknown Dreadnought hung between the ESS and imperial fleets effectively blocking the way. New Republic ships were trying to sneak past the barrier yet the defending ships matched their maneuvers and left little space to move. Stalemate.

Vince stood at before a large holographic projection of the battle, flanked by Darron and Mryna, and observed the situation. Despite Darron's and his own objections, Mryna had insisted in coming along to the bridge, rather than spending another minute in the medbay. Being honest, Vince couldn't blame her. Some of those medics even gave him the creeps. Right now, Mryna's firy red hair was hidden under a thick bandage, covering her head like a turban. A strange combination, especially with the dark blue General's uniformshe had slipped into.

Vince regarded the scene with mixed feelings. From what the sensors and visuals told him, both fleets had already sustained quite a pounding. Especially some of the smaller imperial ships showed considerable damage. To his nuisance even the Red Star II had taken its share of damage. The flagship's starboard engines seemed offline and sensor images of the ship had revealed a series of breaches in the ventral hull. Not to mention its shields were down, too. What would have been a superior vessel was now a crippled giant.

"That doesn't look like it came from the dreadnought." Mryna commented, adding to his own observations.
"True." Vacter confirmed from his sensor station. "The damage to the is punctual and doesn't show the characteristics of turbolaser fire."
"A few well-placed shots from the Proditus' flank pods." Darron commented.
"Whatever they hit, it heavily crippled the ship." captain Flint added, joining the group.
"Single points of failure." Mryna concluded then frowned. "They knew where to hit - Ow!" Her frown instantly turned into a pained grimace. Obviously the freshly sealed wound from her surgery took some time to heal, even with her life support implants probably working frantically to regenerate the dissected tissue.
"I don't like this." Flint mused. "They were exceptionally quick to figure it out."
Mryna crossed her arms and looked sceptical at the hologram. "There's no way one could scan a ship that large for such lethal weaknesses in that little time. Something that obvious would be a flaw worth killing the designer."
"She's right." Vince agreed and stroked his beard. "Even if the Executor II-class was originally an imperial design they couldn't possibly get their hands on the plans that quickly, not to speak of detecting those weak spots."
"Which means they must already have had that information." Mryna concluded. At those words all their gazes came to rest on Darron. He didn't meet their gazes, instead he looked down. A shadow of guilt darkened his expression. "They downloaded the plans while we were holding at Bastion." His voice was grave. "After you had retreived her, Pitto had tech specialists assigned to elaborate and exploit possible weaknesses."
"Of course." Vince sighed. "The Empire wanted back what they considered their property. So, rather than destroying it, they'd look for ways to put it out of action with minimal damage." For a moment he found it hard to hold back the growing anger. This was just great. Darron's defection had some nasty side effects, which presented themselves now. He should have ... No! Not like this. He took a deep breath and forced his will on the boiling anger. He should save that for another time and purpose. Besides, he couldn't change what had happened and rather hope that what they were planning would work. And for it to work, the first thing to do was convince the parties present to cooperate, for now.

"Alright." Vince eventually said and turned towards Flint. "What's our status!"
"We're in position, right on top of them." the captain reported. "The rest of the fleet will be arriving shortly. All fusion cannons are locked on the Proditus and we have a clear shot at them. If they do as much as twitch we can blast them to hell and back."
"Hopefully that won't be necessary." Vince reminded him. "let's try talking first, if that doesn't work, we can still use brute force. I'm going to have a chat with Ray. It's your show, now, Darron. Don't let me down!"

/////////////////

A thin smile appeared on Ray's face, when the massive shape of the Traquia emerged out of hyperspace, just a few dozen kilometers above the Proditus, its arrow-like bow turned right towards the imperial battlecruiser. They were just in time and in perfect position. With all its primary weapons locked on the Proditus any imperial ship trying to move in and cover their flagship would be utterly obliterated once the Traquia opened fire. Whoever was in charge of that ship now had made good use of the tactical data transmissions.

It was only then, a few moments later, that two groups of ships jumped in and, using their entry velocity raced forth and took flank positions around the massive Dreadnought. To his delight Ray recognized them as the rest of the Traquia's battlegroup. Each flagged by a Warhammer-class they encircled the group and - by their sheer mass - provided additional cover for the ships behind them to push forward and further envelop the field.
"Hail the Traquia and order them to engage the enemy immediately!" He commanded with a moderately satisfied tone.
"They're not responding, Sir."
"What?" Ray whinced. Why would that be? ECM was far not as intense as that the Traquia wouldn't be able to communicate with them. "Who's in charge of that ship?"
The officer looked into his screen, looking up the information. When he looked up again, his expression froze. His face turned ashen.
"What is it?" He questioned the man, who simply kept staring tonelessly as if seeing a ghost. Just then Ray realized that the man's shocked gaze was directed to somewhere behind him....
"Hello Ray!" A calm voice behind him said, sending an icy chill down his spine. "We need to talk."

Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Dragon » Sun May 31, 2009 2:37 am

"Admiral, a new ESS fleet has just entered the system!" The sensor officer exclaimed. "They are surrounding us. And what seems to be their Flagship is right above us and is targeting the Proditus. They have a clear target, but they haven't fired yet, it seems that they want to talk."
"Show it on the tactical display." Cain ordered.
The display changed, showing now the new Fleet and the Traquia above them.
Cain nodded to the engineer at the analyse terminal and he began to work.
She portended on the Traquia. "A ten for boldness and a ten for timing." Then she portended on the rest of the new arrived fleet. "But big bad zero for tactics. Now all of our weapons have a target and if they fire at the Proditus we will blast their pitiful fleet out of this galaxy."
"Ma'am, we just received a message from the Fleet Admiral." The comm officer informed Cain. "She is on the way and will arrive in a few minutes."
"Great news! Open a channel to the Proditus."
"At once!"
Last edited by Dragon on Sun May 31, 2009 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

FarShot
Lieutenant JG
Rebel Alliance

Post by FarShot » Sun May 31, 2009 3:29 am

"Admiral, a new fleet has entered the system!"
Tegh shot a glance at the sensor officer, then looked out the massive view port. Sure enough, a large battlegroup had appeared and was in position around the Imperial forces. "Report."
"Identified as ESS forces, under the flag of the Traquia."
Apparently the ESS was well organized, being able to support a fleet of this size and coordinate hyperspace drops so effectively. Tegh would have to meet the commander after this was over. "Archives, who commands that fleet?"
A woman near the back of the bridge answered. "The official report has changed. Currently it is commanded by a Captain Gary Flint, due to be rotated into the command of Ray Firkis."
"A captain? In command of that entire group? Seems unlikely." Then something odd caught Tegh's eyes. The new ESS group hung idly, flanking the unknown Imperial group. But while they appeared poised to attack the Proditus's group, they seemed to be ignoring everyone else. The Imperials had caught on too. Star Destroyers were slowly but surely positioning themselves to attack the newcomers.
"Comm, inform the ESS that they are exposing their sides directly to the Empire's broadsiders! Fleet ops, order our forces to engage now, while they have to deal with five out of six sides blocked!"

Half a kilometer away, the Harrowing Justice's massive engine bank fired into action. The other capital ships dived into formation with the flagship, using their speed as an advantage. Within minutes, they had shot under the Emperor's Crown, unleashing fire into the ships ventral plating.

The Millennium Falcon formed up with the rest of the fighter forces, skimming the surface of the Crown, cutting the small gap in between the Republic and Imperial forces. Just as the fighter group approached the midship superstructures, a massive force of TIEs began launching in waves. Engines screamed as the two forces accelerated toward each other, resulting in an ear-splitting howl. With a massive rainbow of light, they fired on each other.

---

Remarkably, the ESS and Imperials still sat separate, not firing on each other, yet. The attention was now focused on the tangling foes, locked in ship to ship combat.

Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Dragon » Sun May 31, 2009 7:58 am

"Admiral, the NR fleet is attacking, um.. us!" The sensor officer informed Cain.
"What the hell they think they are doing?!" She shook her head. "Main thread?" She asked to the technician at the tactical analyse terminal.
"Enemy mass drivers, ma'am."
"Tactic's, remodulate our shields for maximum protection against their mass drivers."
"At once!"
A moment later, the shields of the Emperors Crown lit up for a second. As a result the incoming mass driver shells were now deflected by the main shields of the ship, doing no damage at the moment.
"Admiral, Alpha and Beta squadron have just engaged the enemy fighters!"
"Trigger happy idiots!" She cursed. "Can we recall them?"
"I doubt that, if they try to break free, the NR fighters will wipe them out."
"Damn! Give me the point defense command."
"You are on."
"This is Cain, activate the concussion missile launcher and target the NR fighters, but don't fire just scare them off."
A second later the missile lock alarm shrilled off in nearly every NR fighter, the fighters spread up in all directions to evade the lock. This gave the the TIE's the chance to break free.
"Casualties?"
"We lost 7 TIE-Interceptors."
"Alpha-1 and Beta-1?"
"Still with us."
"I want them in my office, when this is over!"
"Yes, ma'am!"
"Status of the NR ships?"
"They still try to pass beneath us, ventral shields holding at 85%."
"How fare are they?"
"Nearly half the way."
"OK, that is enough. Give me the NR flagship."
The comm officer nodded.
"This is Vice Admiral Cain to the new republic commander, you had your fun, now go home, receive a medal for attacking an SSD with such a small fleet and live a happy live. Otherwise the game is over." She nodded to the tactical officer. All ventral weapons now locked onto the NR ships, the flanking Star Destroyers descended to the level of the NR fleet and turned there bows to the NR ships, leaving the NR ships surrounded by the eight Star Destroyers and the one SSD.
“We have ten thousand heavy proton torpedoes ready and waiting, so....”
“New contact!” The sensor officer interrupted Cain.
The Keeper Dreadnought jumped into the system, just outside of the battlefield.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sun May 31, 2009 11:51 am

Ray felt his knees soften and stumbled backwards. "... Vince?" He gasped. "I thought you were dead."
The other Cophuranee's expression was dark, as he crossed his arms. "A lot of people do." he said. His deep voice was calm and low, Hardly more than a whisper. Still there was a subtle sharp aspect to it that sent goosebumps all over his body. It was the first time in a lifetime that Ray felt fear in the presence of his old friend. "A nice patch to fill in Shiromy's web of lies. Dead people don't testify. And since she'll never allow an obduction of my corpse, nobody will ever find the charred hole in my chest, carved by her own lightsaber."
"What?" Ray frownd. "Why would she do that?"
"Her mind was corrupted by Sith teachings. She calls herself Darth Pyra now." Vince said vehemently. "Delusional and paranoid she's beginning to see conspiracies, where there are none. You, too, have noticed the changes - her appearance, her character." Ray nodded. The changes were unignorable. But this made no sense. Why would Shiromy kill Vince? He remembered how she had claimed earlier that Vince himself had betrayed her. But then, why would she have used Qhalic as a scapegoat for her deeds in the first place? So far the Empress had been the one voice of truth, the one to follow. Now that Ray came to consider the other sides, truth and lie were becoming blurr. Had he really betrayed her? But why? Ray had known Vince for a long time and if there was one thing he could tell of, it was the man's integrity and loyalty to his friends and allies - as well as his wrath towards those who dared to cross him. By Vince's claims it was Shiromy who had been corrupted. The whole matter took on colours far beyond black, white or even grey.
"She's been acting strange lately." he eventually admitted, carefully.
"Killing George goes a bit beyond acting strange, Ray." Vince insisted. "She utterly executed him for pretty much nothing. What more proof do you need?"
"Well, let's start with Kyaara." Ray eventually said, now regarding Vince with a critical eye. "What's it with her training with the Kaos Coalition?"
Vince sighed. "Shiromy was trained in the ways of the Zhawn Ti'Kur." Vince explained. "Though it was never uttered, it was clear that we would have Kyaara trained in the same way, given the potential she has inherited. I guess I should have spoken to Shiromy first, before making that decision."
"You damn well should have!" Ray snarled reproachful. "But I'm not here to criticize your family life. Being a bad husband and an irresponsible father doesn't qualify for killing you, a divorce maybe, but not killing. What about this conspiracy with the Kaos Coalition anyway? Graygh Trughet getting blamed for something the KC set up and you knew about it. Honestly, Vince, this stinks."
Vince rolled his eyes. "Shiromy's twisting facts here." He said. "Yes, I know about what happened, and so does Graygh." He lowered his voice, obviously this was classified. "I was with the KC leaders when it happened. Somebody disguised as KC agents have placed the false evidence to turn us and the KC against each other. We decided to play along, hoping to find out, who was behind this. Shiromy was away training for the last three months and doesn't know the whole scale of the matter, so when she took over my business, she found these bits of information and drew her own conclusions."
Ray rubbed his bridge. This was not good. If what Vince was saying, was true ... "So, right now, whoever has set this up, has picked a perfect timing and will be delighted to find his plan going as expected."
"Not yet." Vince said. "unlike Shiromy's beliefs I am still alive and I won't let this happen."
Ray's eyes narrowed. he knew that tone in Vince's voice. It wasn't the first time that his old friend would rally forces against a corrupted government - only this time it was one he himself had used to be part of. "Is this, where you're asking me to rebel against Shiromy?"
"This is not a rebellion, Ray." Vince insisted - thoughtfully yet resolved. "I will not send my people to war with each other. But I must confront her again. Not in conflict but at a time and place I choose. And I need your help to set this up."

"Sir, urgent transmission from New Cophuran." The ship's comm chief exclaimed.
"That's her." Ray said and rolled his eyes. "Damnit, Vince, Why do you have this talent to get yourself into such screwup situations every couple of years?" Then he sighed. and lowered his voice added. "Stay out of sight, I'll handle this." While Vince moved into a dark corner, Ray straightened and faced the holopad. Moments later the hologram of the Empress emerged. "My Empress?" He greeted her with a bow.
"Admiral Firkis, please report on the situation!"
"We have engaged the imperials and forced them into retreat. They are trapped between us and the planet. However they have received unexpected support from a massive fleet of unknown origin. The Traquia and her battlegroup have arrived here recently and are proceeding to move towards the enemy."
"Be careful, Admiral!" The empress warned. "I just received troubling information. It looks like Admiral Blexton has been working with the traitors and the Traquia is now under their control." Ray's eyes opened wide.
"That explains why they aren't responding to our hails." he concluded.
"It is imperative that you retake the ship and bring those traitors to justice. But don't underestimate them! Those traitors are capable and dangerous, as is the ship itself."
"Of course, your highness." Ray assured her. "I will proceed with appropriate caution."

/////////////////

Vince had watched the conferrence from a dark corner, far outside the projection area and where even Ray couldn't see him. Once again the man's polished facade had stood its ground, blanking out any thoughts and feelings that could betray the recent events. Yet it was discomforting that Shiromy already knew about the Traquia. Although she didn't seem to know the whole truth she at least had a suspicion now. However, if she could trust Ray with solving the matter, that might give them some space to move.
As the hologram faded, Ray stepped off the projection area and towards Vince. "Time is running out. What are you going to do?"
"I will end this battle."
Ray crossed his arms. "You don't sound like you'll be going to do it the conventional way by defeating everyone present."
Vince frowned. "I can't remember that being my conventional way. The greatest battles -"
"Are the ones never fought." Ray concluded and nodded.
"New contact!" The sensor officer cried out. "By the love of god, it's Them!!"
Exchanging an irritated look, Ray and Vince instantly raced to the bridge viewports. It didn't take long until they found what the officer had meant. Vince felt his heart sink. A bit outside the battlefield he beheld the giant black shape of a Keeper Dreadnought - one of the few remaining relics of Malachor.
"Course correction." Ray barked and Vince watched him stroll across the hangar deck. "Prepare to intercept that Dreadnought. There's only few of them left. Let's see if we can make it one less." Vince whinced there was something ... odd about that ship. It radiated a presece unlike that of the Keepers. It was strangely familiar.
"Belay that order!" He suddenly barked. "That is no Keeper ship."
"What?" Ray spun around and gazed at him in disbelief. "Vince, I am starting to get worried about your well-being. Have you forgotten what that is?" There was a odd tone about his friend's voice, which Vince didn't like at all. Still Ray was skimming dangerously between two sides.
Vince's eyes narrowed and his tone noticably hardened. "I surely haven't, Ray. And I think I know the Keepers far better than you. And therefore I know the difference between a Keeper and a Starcrusher. Hold your fire!"

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Sun May 31, 2009 12:27 pm

"I think we're really backed in to a corner here," Pitto said dejectedly, as the Traquia emerged from hyperspace. The screen in front of his forces was as impressive as it was unexpected; they had received minimal communication from the Imperial looking vessels, and no word on their allegiance. That they had chosen to defend Pitto's forces, and had even gone so far as to engage in a series of skirmishes with the New Republic was encouraging, but Pitto felt it was to be ultimately fruitless. No matter how much he marvelled at the size of the flagship, it was, as the Death Star had been, a target simply too large to ignore. It was the kind of target that prompted attacks with reckless abandon, the neglecting of all other threats until it was eliminated, whatever the cost. Pitto was hardly an engineer, but he knew that ship was simply too big to be perfect. It was made of metal and alloys just like every other spaceship, and even with the most advanced construction techniques, it could not have been built completely according to plan - not at that size. The vessel would inevitably have weaknesses, flaws somewhere, and that they were facing down the New Republic, an organisation singularly renowned for exploiting weaknesses, troubled Pitto greatly. The quick blow he had struck against the Red Star I was rapidly losing its effect. Even with all her modifications, the Proditus[/] had never stood a chance against a warship of that scale, her bold pre-emptive strike had been as the sting of a wasp; the immediate shock had been enough to momentarily paralyse the vessel, but they had realised that their injuries were minor. Co-ordinated fire from the Red Star II, the New Republic and the Traquia, a vessel Pitto knew from Darron to have a reputation for near-invincibility - a repuation seemingly well deserved from her technical specs - would soon bring the massive warship down, especially if those escorting Warhammer's brought their damnable Omega arrays into the fight. Still, whether through boldness or ignorance, the Quasi-Imperials, as Pitto had taken to reference them by, stood their ground, and Pitto knew this gave his forces a fighting chance.
The Traquia's superbly co-ordinated entrance vector, however, made all of this moot. It seemed to Pitto's eyes that the ESS had managed to reverse the very tactics he had employed for his own arrival against him, feeding the Traquia tactical data to give them optimal entrance position. Perhaps this, more than the scratch marks he had inflicted, explained the Red Star II's apparent lethargy. For a rare moment, Pitto felt a sense of utter uselessness. His surviving fighters were all in their hangars, Spectre Flight now included, and were undergoing repairs and rearmament while the flight crews had crashed out on their bunks; his capital ships were all beaten and bruised, while the relatively unscathed ships of the 109th were valiantly safeguarding the scorched hulk of the Subjugator, none of them could survive a fight for long; many of the Proditus' systems were dangerously close to overheating - the flak cannons were running low on ammunition, and Pitto was unsure whether the transfer circuits for the backup shielding system could actually take the transition without exploding; Tyrill Connor remained sedated in the medbay, leaving him unable to be used effectively as a negotiator, or even a hostage to be bartered with.
That left one asset, as far as Pitto could tell. One man, or rather one man and his three squad members.
"Major Gyttel and Lieutenant Fen: report to the bridge immediately." Pitto ordered into the shipwide comm. It was a long shot, but perhaps it could be done.
"Admiral," the comms officer barked, "we're being hailed sir, by the Emperor's Crown."
"Put me through," Pitto orderd, turning to the holopad, "This is Admiral Marcus Pitto of the Imperial 61st Delocalised Task Force, with whom am I speaking?"

Viktor Dralin had resigned himself to continue working as long as the Calim crisis perstisted, but he had eschewed all semblance of uniform. He sat in his office in a t-shirt and a pair of loose fitting trousers, a glass of Corellian brandy in his hand and an expression on his face that could have silenced thunder. Reports from the system were now brief and sporadic, an effect of the massive jamming effect caused by hundreds of local communications now filling the skies above Calim VI, but what Dralin had seen was not at all appealing.
The door hissed open, and a ragged looking Naval ensign rushed in. Dralin opened his mouth to chastise the lad for his audacious lack of knocking, but stopped himself when he caught a glimpse of the man's face.
"What is it?" Dralin asked simply, fearing the worst.
"Looks like we have another, uh, incident, sir." The ensign spluttered. Dralin's shoulders sagged and he let out a slow breath.
"What now?"
"The Mandalorians that Admiral Pitto, uh, recruited: they're attacking Mandalore."
"What?" Dralin exploded, bolting upright and activating his terminal.
"Things are worse than that, sir. They're currently engaged with our own forces from the 57th there to oversee the operation. We've already lost one Star Destroyer from a suicide attack made by the Mandalorian flagship." Dralin slumped in his chair.
"Right. Thank you for informing me. Go find the nearest comm station, get them to try and contact Vice-Admiral Illion of the 210th. If they succeed, patch him through to me."
"Aye, sir." The ensign gave a smart salute and turned for the door.
"Oh, and ensign?" Dralin barked as the young man reached the door.
"Sir?"
"If you ever barge into my office again without knocking, regardless of what you may have to tell me, I will have you scrubbing Star Destroyer coolant tubes before you can say 'severe burns', understood?"
"Sir, yes sir." The ensign babbled before escaping the office as rapidly as he could. Dralin turned to his terminal, and called up a registry.
"Comms." A voice stated simply over the speakers once the connection was made.
"This is Moff Dralin, put me through to General Kareen of the 57th, on the damned double, soldier!"

Sergeant 'Pike' Weller strode through the streets of New Cophuran's capital city, for his sqaud of commandos, it had been a relatively simple task to 'acquire' an old apartment on the outskirts, and some local clothing. Pike did all he could to hide the wonder from his face as he walked the streets, incognito. This truly was a remarkable city, that it had been built in such a short space of time - practically from nothing - made it all the more so. Pike's task was not an easy one; he was to take in as much of the city and its layout as possible, while making his ultimate destination the royal prison -and all the while avoiding any undue attention. But he had been trained as well as the Empire was able to, a fierce statement of competance by anyone's judgement, and he was determined to see the men of the Empire held within the facility's near impregnable walls were returned to freedom.
Damon Weller was a man on a mission, and he was determined to succeed. To have come so far only to fail at the last hurdle was unthinkable,

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sun May 31, 2009 10:24 pm

Mryna watched Darron, as he sat down in the spacious command chair. It was a strange picture to see him like this - again. He wore the typical dark cyan Uniform of an ESS fleet Admiral, standard issue and even though he had betrayed them, even though he had been a part of the Empire, even though the two had been hunting each other across the galaxy, and despite all the grudges she might still hold against him - it looked like he just belonged there. Vince had given him his trust. He had given him command over his fleet. And Darron had chosen to accept it. Maybe now, after all that had happened, Mryna could dare to hope again.

"The fleet is in place" Flint reported. "They're picking up countless locks, but the wall is solid for the NR forces to pull up and close the gaps."
"Good." Darron said. "Establish a comm channel with the Proditus. Priority Alpha. I want Admiral Pitto on the line ASAP."

"Sirs, Sensors pick up a new contact!" Vacter exclaimed. "Whoah, what the..." His eyes widening in disbelief. "It's a Keeper Dreadnaught." Mryna's body tensened. Keepers? Here? But how? As far as she knew Vince had all but wiped out the entire Keeper fleet. One of the last remaining ships to pop up here was fairly unlikely. Especially with Vince being the only one powerful enough to draw their attention - and he was hiding his presence.
"What by all the stars are they doing here?" Flint snarled regarding the display.
"Doesn't matter now." She heard Darron say, his voice calm. "Have an eye on them but proceed with the plan!"
"With all due respect, Sir, shouldn't we...."
"Look around you, Captain." Darron interrupted him. "It's one Keeper Dreadnought. There are roughly hundred other ships present, some of them easily rivalling or even besting that Dreadnought in size and firepower. Should they really attempt to attack any of us, they'll be having a whole lot of trouble upon them." Mryna found herself speechless. She couldn't remember having seen Darron that calm in a tense situation like this. Was it effects from what imperial drill he had experienced? Or was it new found trust in the ESS and his place among them? Darron Larcoon seemed like a new person. Once again, she caught herself smiling, as he continued. "Now establish that connection, as I requested!"

Drake26
Lieutenant JG
Bounty Hunter

Post by Drake26 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:43 am

David was slowly stalking up on a deer like creature, having morphed into a form much like a leopard, when the emergency comm call sound came from back where he had left his cloths. The deer thing started, and not wanting his hard work to go to waste, David went into a short sprint and leaped, barely getting a claw on it's hindquarters, and got dragged several meters before he could get another claw on and force it down. He crushed its throat, and dragged it back to his gear before morphing back and answering the call. "This better be worth the bruises you just caused me"
A voice he recognized as Shawn's answered him, confused, "Huh?"
He sighed, "Nevermind, whats up?"
"Well, as you know, the 'meet, greet, set up trade relations' tour you have me on has me near Calim right now, and we detected some activity, so we sent a scout to check it out. His report turned out to be quite interesting. Theres a standoff between NR, ESS, and Imperial forces going down, and he has positive IDs on the Proditus, the Traquia, the Red Star II, and get this, the Emperor's Crown and now a Keeper dread."
David's eyebrows rose, "Sounds like quite the party, it would be almost rude for us to not join. Take what you have and drop in. I'd prefer a non-violent conclusion, it would make things easier if we didn't have to deal with people warring around us. However, I'm leaving it up to your judgment, and I'd imagine I'll soon be unreachable with my own shit to deal with."
Shawn responded, unsure, "I, um, but, um-"
David interrupted, "No buts, you're the fucking Crown Prince, you can handle this, and you have James if you get stuck, just keep you head on strait. I'll talk to you when you get back."
David closed the call, quickly got dressed, grabbed his kill and headed back toward camp.
Proud owner of the Almighty Frying Pan of Hugeness (Doom) or AFPoH(D)

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:47 am

Ferris looked out at the group of ships facing off not far from the Dreadnaught's bow. It looked like the ESS and the Imperials had finally gone and had it out and had managed to draw the Republic into the fight as well. Scanning the field her eyes fell on the Traquia and the Proditus in turn. It looked like both Vince and Pitto had finally decided to personally settle their scores. As much as Ferris wanted to pop some popcorn and enjoy the show, she had other matters to attend to. Scanning the battlefield further Ferris took note of the Red Star II and it current condition. Her father would be slightly upset that such a rare, valuable and powerful commodity had been allowed to get disabled in such a way, but that was none of her concern at the moment. Then her eye caught a hold of something that brought a twinkle to her eye and made her mouth water. “Uncle Raynes, take a look at this!” Frantically she motioned to the old commando who was standing close by.
Raynes whistled as he saw what had gotten Ferris’ attention. “Whoa, she’s a beauty. I’d say about 26 km and streamlined too. I don’t see any tell tale markings but it’s definitely imperial in design.”
The smile on Ferris’ face grew wider. “What do you think? You, me, the Jedi, and...," Ferris looked over her shoulder breifly at the Jedi's companion, "Is it me or is that guy a clone?"
Raynes glanced at the man breifly. "Does it really matter?"
"Naw." Ferris shrugged. "Got no use for him then. Anyway we'll take the Jedi for distraction purposes. We get on board, take the bridge in about ten, fifteen minutes tops. Have Hudson ready with the dreads fold drives, and have that bad boy moved to the desolated part of the Centrality. Jettison the crew and hide the ship for a few years. Possibly scrap it and sell it for parts, or reverse engineer the thing and make a few smaller versions of it and sell them.”
Raynes smile was about to split his face. “You are truly your father’s daughter. Damn that sounds like a good and very tempting plan. Very tempting indeed but no we can’t.”
Ferris’ face about fell at that. “Why not?”
“Well for one we already have quite a few large ships under our belt. And two we’d have to go through all that,” Raynes pointed indicating all the other ships that currently surrounded the SSD in question to make his point, “to get to our prize. Now I have no question that if Vince is out there he can tell that you’re here, but as for the rest of those trigger happy fools out there, I’d rather not take any chances.”
“Awe man. And here I was thinking that would make a nice addition to the fleet.”
“Don’t worry kiddo.” Raynes said reassuringly as he patted her shoulder. “There’ll be others. There always are.”
“Alright this is your stop.” Ferris turned her attention to the woman and the dragon who had been watching the entire time.”
“I thank you,” came the voice in Ferris’ head, “for both the ride and for not attempting to steal my ship.” With that both turned and left the bridge.
Ferris then focused her attention on the Jedi and his companion. “Now that just leaves the two of you.”
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

The spy cams had been working over time. It was almost impossible for Illion to keep up with all the information that was coming in from both Vaynai and Almania. Now with Kagato sending his ship on more and more supply runs to both Felucia and Galidraan Illion was almost positive that the Coalition was getting ready to expand it’s reach even further, but into what region he couldn’t tell. Even though the KC and the Empire had no love for each other, Illion was rather positive that the Coalition was in no way going to enter the Tion Hegemony. No they had gone through too many steps to keep themselves out of both the Empire’s and the Republic’s eyes to do that. No it had to be something else that they were after. Sitting at his desk trying to figure out what it was that Mako was after, Illion’s thoughts were interrupted by the comm. that he kept hidden in his desk going off. Finally he would be able to report his findings to Admiral Pitto himself. “Illion here.”
“Vice admiral Illion this is Moff Dralin. We have something very important to discuss.”
Power without perception is worthless and of no use.
Current WIP The Lost Fleet everything else is on hold.

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:43 am

The squad heard fighting. "This way!" said Boss, waving for them to follow. When they reached the end of the hall, Boss indicated them to stop.
Vic gasped, "Holy crap!" The archaeologists, what was left of them anyway, and Blackmoon were desperately holding off a swarm of mercs like the ones outside.
"Sasquatch," Boss began in a tense whisper. "Open fire on my command. D-Man, cover us as we move in. Vic and Chuck will move to those statues on the left and right, while Sasquatch and I take up position behind that supply crate. Vic, I want you to throw a flashbang once in position, and then . Move!"
Sasquatch caught most of the mercenaries off guard. Those who were fast enough ducked, giving Vic and Sunstrider the time they needed to get into position. They quickly surrounded the mercs before they could react in time. Vic lobbed a grenade in the center, creating various yells from the mercs of expletives and cries of "Grenade!" followed by "Aaah! My eyes!" Blackmoon charged, lightsaber in hand, making sure that nowhere was safe to run. He was as fluid as a musical conductor, wasting no time. Dismembered heads, limbs, and torsos lay everywhere, The fight was over in seconds, if only because the squad had been blessed with the element of surprise.
"Alright, who wants to tell me what the hell happened?" said Boss.
Green stepped forward. "Sargent, I'm Professor Green, MMUC. We were looking for-"
"Alright, Ponidexter. Cut to the chase. I want to know about the attack."
Green looked a little defeated. "Okaaay...well, we were caught by surprise. These mercs came out of nowhere. Probably had cloaking armor. The two soldiers with us were killed instantly. We had been fighting with them until you showed up. We've got five dead and two wounded."
Boss wasted no time. "Vic, get to those wounded. I want them on stretchers." He turned to the others. "Hey, listen. Our base was attacked and destroyed by the same mercenaries. I can't get a hold of the Spirit. We're on our own. Do any of you know how to get out ot of here?"
"I do," Jarin said, always in control of things. She activated a holographic map of the ruins, with a tunnel leading out highlited. "We are here," she said, indicating the room everyone was currently in. "We need to get here." She indicated the end of the tunnel. "I also was unable to reach any NR personnel, but I was able to contact some of our..allies. Local security here."
"Pff!" said Chuck. "Some security! Where the hell were they when those mercs were opening a can of whoopass on our base?"
"They prefer to keep a low profile," Jarin said impatiently.
"So how do we know we can trust these guys then?" asked Boss.
"Anyone else have a better idea?" Jarin asked everyone. Silence. She smiled with satisfaction. "Alright then. Let's move, people!"

"I like her," said Vic quietly to Chuck.
"Not me!" he replied. "Too much work. I like my women like I like my HoloNet service. On demand and always there when you need it!"
"Say, I didn't know you got HoloNet on Tatooine?"
"Aw, shut up!"
"Shut up, both of you!" Barked Boss.
"But Sarge-" protested Vic.
"I said shut up, fool!"
Wielder of The Spatula

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:59 am

If Pitto was put out by the sudden break in communication between him and the Emperor's Crown, it was nothing compared with the shock he was about to be confronted with.
"Looks like we'll have to wait for answers from the unknowns, sir. They've cut the connection."
"Damnit!" Pitto sighed, "We're running out of options here."
"Wait, another incoming transmission. It's from the Traquia, they're asking for you specifically sir."
"Probably surrender terms," Pitto growled, "put me through." The second the holoprojection of Pitto's would be interlocutor appeared on the holopad, the Imperial Admiral took an involuntary step back as his jaw went slack.
"Darron?" he gaped incredulously. Shock quickly gave way to anger, as pieces started to click into place. "What was this Darron, some elaborate sting?" Pitto shouted, "you fake your defection to get into our camp, lure is into an ambush then feign capture to cover your transfer back? Well it's worked! You've got us right at your mercy, but I assure you we will not go down without a fight. I swear I will see you dead even if it costs all the lives in my Task Force!"
"Admiral," Darron barked sharply, "it isn't like that at all! I never deceived you, I never broke your trust. I was captured, I was brought back to New Cophuran and I was sentenced to be executed. Things changed when Shiromy killed Vince."
"Killed Vince?" Pitto repeated, his mind racing to process the massive information influx.
"Yeah. She tried to pin the blame on Mryna and me. So we escaped."
"You escaped and took over an entire warship? Darron, I'm sorry I ever doubted you."
"Again, you're assuming too much, Admiral. We escaped, only to be recaptured by the Traquia. Imagine mine and Mryna's surprise when we found out who was commanding it. It took me some time to believe, and I've grown used to his ways. This may take some time to sink in?"
"Who?" Pitto asked, utterly baffled.
"The Emperor." Darron smiled, an expression that intensified as he saw the look it prompted on Pitto's face.
"So you're telling me you've pledged allegiance to an Emperor with the ability to return from the dead. I think we have more in common than I realised." Pitto said darkly.
"My first allegiance was always to the ESS I helped establish, Admiral. The sole reason for my defection was because I believed you could help restore that vision. Your Empire will never be the empire of my people, and my allegiance to you was only ever going to be temporary."
"I see." Pitto said, not entirely sure he really did.
"The Emperor has seen the errors of his ways, and we're moving to neutralise the evil that has plagued the heart of our empire."
"Shiromy." Pitto said simply. He understood; he had a score to settle with the Empress himself.
"Darth Pyra, as she's now calling herself." Pitto's blood ran cold. He had served under a Darth himself once, and they had been the most fearful months of his life. "She has managed to sway the majority of the ESS, especially with the news of the Emperor's death. We need all the help we can get to end the threat she presents."
"I see." Pitto said again. "You want me to commit a damaged, weary fleet to an operation deep in ESS territory with the very real possibility that you will simply turn on me after the bitch is dead."
"Absolutely not." Darron said sternly, "And I never said we aimed to kill her. We're not going to defeat her through attrition. Mryna, Vince and myself are going to take a more personal approach. All we need is a feint to keep Pyra distracted and to buy time against her fleet for us to do our job."
"Say I go along with this." Pitto sighed, "what's in it for me."
"Potentially, an end to hostilities with the ESS. I'm sure the diplomats can work out a more practical working relationship from which we both stand to benefit. Especially given your recent, ah, trade dispute with the New Republic."
Pitto considered carefully for a moment.
"If we agree, will you get my fleet out of this forsaken system?"
"Of course," Darron smiled, "the ESS will even let you keep it."
"Then we're in. For better or worse, my Empire will assist yours. What's the plan?"

"I'm listening, sir." Illion said across the comlink.
"What's the status of your group?"
"Scattered for the moment, but fully operational." The young vice-admiral reported back, a note of confusion in his voice.
"We have a situation developing in the Mandalore system. General Kareen appears to have authorised a joint strike with the Mandalorian traitors, apparently without the approval of anyone on the Moff Council. We've already lost a Star Destroyer there." Dralin said bitterly.
"With respect, sir. I'm running an operation of my own at the moment."
"I'm aware of that, Illion." Dralin barked gruffly, "I wouldn't be asking if I didn't need a capable commander there. A commander I can trust!"
"What do you need?" Illion asked, careful to keep the inner sigh from spreading to his voice.
"I need Kareen brought back. If anyone's going to chew his head off, it'll be me damnit!"
"A simply extraction job then?"
"Assess the situation. Use your judgement; if the oppurtunity to assist the Mandalorians arises, and you feel you can take the system then do it. It's not a priority, however. If you're at a critical stage of the op, I understand. I may even take a force of my own there. But I want you taking charge there, Illion. What do you say?"

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Rygetto gazed out of the transparisteel viewport at the seeming endlessness of space. For the first time since the Mandalorian-ESS conflict had exploded in his face, he was feeling truly confident. It turned out that the ESS-Mandalorian war had merely slowed down his efforts, and even presented some new opportunities. While he had always counted on Shiromy to be the one that would slowly bring the ESS to flames with Vince at her side, a divided ESS would be just as useful. Now, he might even have the pleasure of watching a full-blown civil war within the ESS erupt, a civil war that would surely draw in all of the galaxy's major players to one side or the other.
Of course, the events unfolding over Calim could go a long way toward making or breaking Rygetto's next move. Unfortunately, the increasingly ridiculous situation-Darius's intel had confirmed the presence of the Red Star II, Traquia, Proditus, Emperor's Crown, and now a Keeper Dreadnaught-was almost completely out of.
What he feared most was another quick resolution to what would otherwise be a major conflict. If need be, Pitto had good reason to side with those loyal to Vince.
Then there was Mako. Mako and Vince had always been much more than allies. Despite Mako being a pirate, the type Vince had been criticized for working with when he was still blinded, the two were likely to never be at serious odds with each other. However, others were. People who might not know the full story behind the KC and ESS being set up. One thing that had remained the same across the divide in the ESS was a growing distrust for pirates.
Finally, there was Darron Larcoon. It truly didn't matter who he was really loyal to, because the wounds of Larcoon's apparent defection were still fresh in the ESS. The Empire would surely be reluctant to side with a man who had just jumped ship again.
Rygetto wasn't expecting a major conflict of any sort between the ESS, KC, or Empire, but if he fanned the flames of doubt long enough, it would be sure to complicate any future action that might be taken. Rygetto needed all the time he could get....

Rygetto's thoughts were disrupted by his agent, who was contacting him telepathically via the Force. Rygetto could sense his distress. This was extremely unusual.
My master, don't worry, I have the situation under control, I promise!

Really, then why must you reassure me of that in such a way, and at such an inconvenient time? I sense a different story. Your emotions betray you. That is most unusual, so I know all is not well. So what is it?

It's Malzic. He cracked. I-I thought that we had surely conditioned him to the point where his loyalty to the High Commander was unquestionable.

Then I assume the appropriate action was taken?

Yes! I mean n-no! We-we picked up a transmission on a private Mandalorian military channel. He must have rallied Tyvis's men. They killed Tyvis!

WHAT? How could you let this happen?

M-master, we had no time to-

Silence! I just want to know if you actually have the situation under control.

We destroyed all the traitor Mandalorians, but not before they crashed their flagship into one of my Star Destroyers.

General, I am most....
disappointed. You have displayed such tactical brilliance. Surely you should have forseen this?

No! I m-mean yes! I should have forseen this, Master. Please forgive me.

I will forgive you if you manage to redeem this situation
and survive the inevitable response the Empire is sure to take given that you launched a full preemptive invasion against Mandalore without anyone's permission other than my own!

But Master, that was your plan-

Seeing my hard work undone wasn't, and I had absolutely no part in that. I don't require you to do much, Arlanius. I do the thinking for you, and merely ask that you do as you are told. I have no use for one who is incapable of even that. Goodbye, General.
Wielder of The Spatula

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:47 pm

"Sometimes I wish I had some of your powers." Ray commented as they watched the looming Dreadnought. "Sensing certain people's presence would surely have saved me some trouble in the past."
Vince cocked an eye brow. "Woah, hold it, that's between you and Jil. Leave me out of that!"
The other man grimaced then threw him a menacing glare. "How many clones do you have left again?"
For a moment Vince held his gaze with a bold grin, then the two men laughed - just to be interrupted by the ship's sensors officer.
"Sir!" the man exclaimed. "The Traquia is moving." Turning their attention from the Dreadnought they found the ESS fagship rotate its massive shape and lining up with the imperial battlecruiser. Instantly Vince noticed the tension build up in his old friend - as both ships were now facing them head-on.
"Hm" Vince made. "He was quicker than I thought."
"Who?" Ray queried, his eyes narrowing. "Who's commanding that ship if not you?" Turning away from the window, Ray focussed him with a suspicious gaze. "What's going on here, Vince?" The other Cophuranee inquired, a new wave of scepticism in his voice.
"I haven't been the only one talking sense into people."
"Talking sense into me?" Ray growled. "I'd rather call this a distraction." He took a step away from Vince. "Maybe Shiromy was right about you. Maybe it is really you who is betraying us all." This wasn't good. Like Shiromy, now Ray began to catch on impressions and draw his own pictures. Vince should have known it wouldn't be that easy to get her influence out of his friend's head.
"Listen to me, Ray!" he insisted. "Those are not our enemies! We need their help to stop Shiromy!"
"Do we?" Ray repeated. "Or do you?" That left Vince speechless, glancing at his old friend in shock. How could he even think that?
"We're being hailed by the Traquia." the comm officer said, his eyes widening in shock. "It's Admiral Larcoon."
"Attention, ESS Red Star II." They heard Darron's familiar voice. "I suggest you and the rest of your forces stand down and await further instructions."
"So this is where things have come." Ray said and his voice dropped below zero. "First Darron, now you."
"This is not how things are, Ray!" Vince insisted. "Just listen to me!" But Ray waved him off, stepping further away from him.
"No! No more stories!" He said, shaking his head as if to shake off some dizziness. "If you want to go on a crusade of revenge against your own wife, so be it. But don't expect me to help you."
"This isn't about revenge!" Vince shouted, yet soon realized Ray had already made up his mind for the worse.
"Get off my ship!" Ray hissed. At that point, Vince's expression darkened as well. Ray was going too far now.
"This is not your ship, Ray." Vince said calmly. "Do I have to remind you that you still answer to me?"
"I answered to the Emperor of the Seven Suns." Ray said grimly. "Not a vengeful warlord, who has forgotten his place in the galaxy." At that point Ray drew his blaster pistol and pointed it at Vince. "You have three seconds to leave that body - and this ship."
Vince rose his hands in defense. "Damnit, Ray. You're starting a war here. Stand down and listen to me!"
"Three"
"Ray, this is insane!"
"Two."
"Please, Ray, listen to me!"
"One."
"Fine, shoot."
Ray shot. Vince felt the energy radiating from the energy projectile, as it traveled towards his heart at near lightspeed. A few inches away from him it came to a halt, dissolving and reshaping into a small sphere of blue energy, hovering before his chest. Vince gazed at the sphere with amixture of sad realization and frustration. So he had lost another dear friend to Shiromy.
Looking up from the hovering sphere he looked into the cold unforgiving eyes of Ray Firkis, who was still pointing the blaster at him.
"I'm sorry, old friend." The man said. "I won't help you on what you plan to do. And I'll shoot again."
Vince gazed at Ray for another long moment. A feeling of sad resignation washed up in him. With a sigh he nodded. "I understand." Closing his eyes he drained energy from the ship and focussed it into the sphere. If Ray wanted this body dead, he would get what he wanted. "We'll meet again." Then he left the doomed body. The explosion would pretty much tear the clone apart and knock Ray across the bridge deck. It would be a reminder to Ray that there was no crossing him, either.

Opening his eyes Vince found himself back aboard the Traquia, facing the Red Star II on the far side of the Emperor's Crown. Noticing him conscious again, Mryna and Darron hurried towards him, expressions of hope and anticipations on their faces. Vince sighed.
"Ray won't help us." He said gravely. "Shiromy's influence on him is strong."
"Damnit." Mryna cursed. "The Red Star II would have been a good asset in our plan."
"She may still be." Darron said. "If Shiromy finds out our forces side with the imperials against Ray's, she will most definitely come here. That's our chance."
"I didn't want this!" Vince breathed. Suddenly he felt exhausted, tired, old. "I didn't want our people to fight each other."
"Ray chose his path." Darron said, placing a hand on his shoulders. "Now we must continue on ours, if we want to succeed." Vince sighed. Darron was right. As much as he despised it, a conflict between them and the Red Star II would lure Shiromy here. And that was what they wanted, wasn't it? Sometimes sacrifices had to be made to undo a greater threat. And it was down to people like them to do what had to be done to keep the galaxy in balance. With a heavy heart he activated the comm unit on his command chair.
"All ships, form up around the Traquia and create a defensive screen. Fire at will at any forces opposing us!" Then he turned to comm chief Wiggins. "Jacob, try to establish contact with the Emperor's Crown!"

FarShot
Lieutenant JG
Rebel Alliance

Post by FarShot » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:17 am

"Chewie, something isn't right here..."
Han Solo gazed skeptically as the apparent ESS flagship that the sensors had identified as the Traquia moved towards the Proditus, while neither ship fired a shot. His mind reached a conclusion as the massive vessels drew alongside each other.
"The roots of a traitor run deep... Chewie, switch on the interfleet comm!"
"Grawrar-err roo ragrawr oor." I hope you know what you're doing.
"This is General Solo. It looks as if the ESS has a split alliance. We will ally with the Red Star II's forces, as they seem to be the ones keeping their allegiance. We won't be able to get out of here with those gravity wells around, so I suggest we do as much damage to them as we can." Han paused, waiting for a reply. Seconds later, one came.
"Gold Leader, this is Admiral Tegh. We are in no position to commit to a war. Are you sure this is necessary?"
"What we need is to stay alive. And right now, we are in between four Star Dreadnoughts, ready to tear into each other. We won't get out of here unless we commit ourselves."

---

Luke was back in the shadows on the bridge of the Traquia, observing the happenings, when out of the corner of his eye, and of his prescience in the Force, he saw something.
"Emperor, Grand Executor, and Admiral, I hate to interrupt, but I would hold that order on firing whoever attacks us. The reason I say so is because my brother-in-law is about to fire a barrage of concussion missiles on one of your cruisers, and I'd hate to see him die. I would have to inform the wife."

Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Dragon » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:36 am

The strange looking green ship shot out of the hangar bay of the Keeper Dreadnought and speeded towards the fleets.
Whisper and his mistress simultaneously sensed the energy eruption on the Red Star II bridge.
'What was that?' Whisper deliberated.
'Hm...maybe, the condemned live longer.' The woman replied thoughtfully.
Then she reached out with her mind.
'Raneera what is going on here?'
'Milady, great to hear you.' she answered relieved. 'I'm not really sure at the moment. In the first place the Empire of the Seven Suns and the New Republic have attacked the Imperial Remnant. Since the Remnant was already retreating and the ESS/NR fleet were pressing the attach, at our arrival. So i decided to protect the Remnant fleet and maybe end this without any more shedding of blood.
But then a second ESS fleet jumped in and the NR attacked us. Right now the second ESS fleet has changed sides and is now facing the initial ESS/NR fleet.'
The grey robed women sighed, that wouldn't be easy.
'Very well, fall back and regroup our ships with the ESS/Remnant fleet, i'll take care of the New Republic.'
'As you wish,... we have an incoming call from the ESS Flagship.'
'Witch one?'
'The one on our side.'
'Give it to me.'
'At once.'
The woman now "spoke" to her ship. 'You must stop the NR fleet from following our men.'
'As you wish.'

--------------------------

Whisper resorted into the right position and then concentrated his mind onto the large leading Calamari cruiser. He created a gravitational force opposing the ships course, at the beginning the engines of the Harrowing Justice just needed more power to keep the ships speed, but with the increasing force the engines reached their maximum and the ship began to slow down.

"What's wrong?" Commander Barcekac asked his chief engineer.
"I don't know, the engines are running at 100%, but we are losing speed!"
"Sir the sensors show a gravitational force that is pulling us back!" The officer at the sensor terminal aroused.
"Impossible!" Barcekac watched confused out of the bridge view pod at Calim VI right in front of them.

Now Whisper changed the angle of the force and the cruiser begun to turn.

"I gave no order to change course!" Barcekac yelled to the helm. "Sir! I completely lost control!" The officer replied while he trying to regain control.
At a bearing of 90° to their actual course, the Harrowing Justice came to a full stop. Blocking the way of the rest of the NR fleet.

The Emperors Crown and her fleet, now free from the NR fleet, retreated into an position alongside of the Proditus and the Traquia.

"I'll have the commander of the Emperors Crown." Wiggins informed Vince.
"Put him though."
"Yes sir."
A holographic of a grey robed figure with a small green dragon on its shoulder showed up. But that in the background was definitely not a star destroyer bridge, it looked some kind of organic.
The figure and the dragon nodded to Vince and the dragon begun to speak.
"Greetings Vince Trageton, how can we help you?"
Last edited by Dragon on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:08 pm

As the events began to speed up, Vince found himself faced with a pile of things to do first. With the New Republic fleet approaching on attack vector things got a lot more complicated. Meanwhile the appearance of the strange pair obviously in charge of the unknown fleet - and their offer to assist - should be taken seriously. And in the evolving chaos around him suddenly something in him clicked, blanking out all emotions and distracting thoughts. The General - the rational part of Vince - took over again. He was facing a battle. Time to act like it. He turned to Skywalker. "I cannot risk any my ships being attacked by NR Forces but I understand the situation. Try to talk some sense into your brother-in-law and tell him, whom they're siding with. They'll rather listen to you than to me." He pointed at the comm chief. "Jacob will patch you through to whomever you want."

That done he turned his attention to the awkward hologram. "My apologies for keeping you waiting. I am glad you are offering me your help, that seems rare in recent times. You do have me at a disadvantage though. With whom do I have the pleasure?"
"Let's just say we have been following the events evolving around you with great interest." The dragon evaded. Charming. Another of those semi-mythical beings observing the galaxy from some hidden sanctuary. The galaxy was getting crowed with those people lately. And he had learned to live with it.
"Then I assume you also know the circumstances of my being here?"
"We felt your death." The little creature explained, tilting its head. "and the darkness clouding your capitol after that. Most of what happened then is subject to speculation. But fact is that you are anything but dead. And the fact that you seem to have sided with the Empire now leads us to believe you have a plan." Very astute! Vince mused. Sometimes he wished there were more people with such a gift of interpretation. It would make life a lot easier.
"I do." Vince confirmed. "However, Darth Pyra's influence of is stronger than I expected and what I planned to become a staged battle is now turning into a real one. I need all available forces to create a solid screen to hold off those attackers and put as much pressure as possible onto that ESS flagship to provoke an intervention."
"A ruse to cover a sneak attack." The dragon concluded. "I think we get the picture."

////////////////////////

"Admiral Phaley." The empress' voice was hard as iron as she strode onto the bridge.
"Your highness?" Sara Phaley greeted her with a bow.
"Change course and head to the Calim System." The empress commanded, going sraight past her towards the viewport. "Send word to the Sovereign to mobiize and join us there!"
A trace of surprise played over Sara's face as she tried to put the pieces together. Instantly she willed the doubt off her face and nodded. "At once, your highness. Is something wrong?"
"The traitors have crossed me one too many times." the empress hissed. "They managed to seize control of the Traquia and have then followed Admiral Firkis' call to Calim VI."
"They'll ambush him." Sara concluded. The thought of the Traquia turning on the Red Star II was frightening. No question both the ship and its commander were most capable and able to hold their ground. But faced with imperial forces and maybe even weary from the ongoing battle they could easily fall victim to the Supreme Battleship's devastating weapons.
As the Dominance corrected its course and jumped back into hyperspace all of Sara's thoughts were focussed on getting to that cursed system.

FarShot
Lieutenant JG
Rebel Alliance

Post by FarShot » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:55 am

"Commander Barcekac, report!"
A hologram of the Mon Calamari commander appeared in front of Admiral Tegh, flickering into view. "Admiral, our computer systems couldn't compensate rapidly enough for a gravitational change that suddenly altered the ships trajectory. Our orbit was momentarily thrown out of alignment, but we manually brought her back into control." He bent over, grasping his suit's collar. "Anymore stress, and we would have destroyed half the fleet."
Tegh stood up and headed to the view panes. Indeed, the Justice was positioned so precisely so as to block the fleet, but not to wipe it out of existence. "Well, we may not be able to move without reorganizing our offensive, but now your ship's flank is conveniently exposing itself to the combined enemy forces... You are in an ideal position to attack."

---

"Emperor, the New Republic flagship is charging weapons!"
Vince rushed to the tactical station, looking at the fleet charts. "Stats on that ship."
"At this range, normal Republic weapons modules wouldn't be able to hit us. But according to the new data we've received through our alliance, the Justice was retrofitted with mass driver cannons."
"Increase forward shield power and have our gun batteries intercept the shells as best as they can." A wave of anticipation passed over him, then he looked over at the comm station. Skywalker sat there now, putting on a headset. Hopefully, he could end this before any serious damage is done to either side.

---

"Chewie, pull us around that ship, I want to be in firing range as..."
Just then a voice crackled across the comm channel, slowly becoming clear. "Han... stop... attack." He knew that voice.
"Luke? Luke? You're not clear. Boost the gain, Chewie."
"Han, stop this... while... can." That didn't make sense.
"Hey Luke, you should be here. Just like old..."
"I am here. In fact, I'm on the ESS flag... the Traquia!"
His hand shot to the comm stack, flipping a dial. "Gold Leader to the fleet! Hold your fire!"

---

"Sir, the Justice's guns are on standby."
Again, Vince turned to Skywalker. He was actively engaged in a conversation. The fate of the New Republic fleet rested on Luke now.

---

"What's wrong Luke? Did the traitors turn on you to?"
"What... no! Traitors? Ah... You think the Red Star II is the loyal ship, and you are allied with them..."
A bemused smirk spread across Han's face. "Of course they are our allies, they..."
"Han, shut up and listen to me. The ESS has recently experienced a coup. They are no longer led by the same faction we signed that treaty with. It seems the galaxy is to be plagued by an empress this time, unless we stop her. She goes by Darth Pyra."
Sure something odd was going down, Han pressed his skepticism. "Prove to me that you aren't being influenced to say this."
"Ever try influencing a Jedi?"
He paused, then said, "Prove to me that your information is accurate."
"Link to the holonet. There's probably a vid echoing through the news net proclaiming the sole reign of a Shiromy Gitann over the ESS, following the murder of Emperor Vince Trageton. I assure you, Vince is still alive, standing next to me in fact, and he wants it back. Empress Gitann is now a Sith lady, she has the appearance, even you could tell."
"So... what now?"
"We'll need you on our side."

---

Minutes later, the fleet was in a frenzy. Orders were being sent, then verified. A swap of target sets was no small thing, and disarray coursed through the mass of ships. Things finally came under control when Luke Skywalker's voice echoed through the halls of all the ships, confirming what was being said.
The fleet reorganized, pulling alongside the Traquia.
Last edited by FarShot on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Dragon » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:46 am

"Admiral!" The tactical officer called Cain. "The New Republic fleet has changed their targets and is now moving into formation with us an the other two fleets! It seems that they have changed sides as well."
Cain looked distrustful on the sensor screen. "If this is a trick, its a pretty dump."
"No, its not a trick." The comm officer interrupted her thoughts. "I just got a confirmation from the Traquia, the New Republic is now on our side."
"Very well." She looked to the small remains of the ESS fleet, that was now facing a gigantic armada. "That should make things much easier. Remodulate our shields for maximum protection against their Omega arrays!"
"At once!"
Again the Emperors Crowns shields lit up.
"Tactics, coordinate our actions with the Proditus, Traquia and Requiem of Amidala."

-------------------------------

Meanwhile the dragon proceeded his talk with Vince.
"I assume that you want to keep the losses on both sides to an minimum."
"Yes, of course."
"Therefore we will move into an position from which we can disable the Red Star II at any time. But this works only as long as her shields are still down. Just give us a signal we this is required."
"That could help a lot. I'll give you a sign. Trageton out."
Whisper vanish to nothing. Then the nothing moved under the Red Star II, into a position from which he could disable the still unshielded ship.

Drake26
Lieutenant JG
Bounty Hunter

Post by Drake26 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:17 am

The Excalibur and her task force dropped out of hyper a short distance from where the fleets were arrayed. Shawn looked out over situation, frowning slightly. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but are there ESS marked ships on both sides here?"
The sensors officer studied his readouts intently, then nodded, "Seems so, sir."
"Well, that's very odd. Find me someone to talk to so I can try to figure this out."
""The ship leading the larger force identifies as the Traquia, I'll try to get in contact with them."
Shawn waved his approval, but the huge man behind him grumbled impatiently, "Can we go kill that Keeper dread while we wait then?"
Shawn turned to regard him, and was forced to take a step back to avoid hurting his neck and so he could see past the scruffy beard that covered the lower half of the mans face and a good bit of his massive chest. Closer to 8 feet then 7, he looked like he could wrestle a Wookiee into submission, and the vest of Akk hide lined with black Nexu fur, both of which he claimed to have killed himself, lent credibility to that notion. Across his back was a huge Vibro Ax, which he had modified so that opposite the blade there was a Power Hammer, claiming it was so that "next time there will be enough hide left to make some pants too." His name was Michael, though as soon as David had seen him, his immediate comment had been, "You look like a god damn Viking!" and had started calling him Thor, and the name had stuck, though David had refused to explain, saying it would only raise more questions. He and Shawn had gone on several missions together, and had quickly become friends, so when David had told Shawn he needed a bodyguard, he had arranged for it to be this man.
Shawn shook his head, both to get his wandering mind back on task, and to imply a negative. "They don't seem to be attacking, so either they're oddly content to sit and watch, or it was captured by someone powerful enough to take out several Keepers, and either way, I'd rather not provoke it.
Proud owner of the Almighty Frying Pan of Hugeness (Doom) or AFPoH(D)