Open War II: Chronicles of Darkness

to immortalize all those epic battles we fought together...

Re: Open War II: Chronicles of Darkness

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:32 am

Vince gritted his teeth, as the new signals popped up on his sensors. Victory's were one thing, but Piranhas would pose a serious problem. The small fighters were the successors to the Vic2, fast, agile and extremely well performing. Their only flaw had been their costly production, which was why the UPMF hadn't produced them as massively as their more economic precursors. Bringing Piranhas into the fight meant they were taken deadly serious now. Around them he once again saw the Defenders and Avengers line up and race ahead to counter the new wave.
"Spectre Lead," he contacted them. "Concentrate on those Piranhas first. We won't be able to outrun them."
"Acknowledged, Phantom lead." Syphax confirmed. "We're on them."
His eyes narrowed. They were approaching a pretty crowded area with capital ships going at each other at point blank range. It was mainly Star Destroyer's from the Crown's battle group, brawling it out with the Dominance's foremost line of defense. Switching channel he contacted his squad. "We need to get out of open space. Split up and use those cap ships for cover. We'll hop from cruiser to cruiser. Their mass should make it harder for them to get a clear lock on us."
"For the Vics maybe." Darron argued. "But those Piranhas won't get thrown off that easily."
"The Spectres will take care of the Piranhas. After that, hopefully, we should be fine."
In the distance they beheld the flashes of green and blue light as the advancing fighters opened fire on each other. The Piranhas were swift to react so in the end only two of them fell to the initial attack, while the rest swarmed out and broke into dogfights with the Defenders - leaving the Phantoms all to the second wave of Vic2's.
"Alright, here they come!" Vince announced. Eventually the formation broke apart, as the eight fighters swarmed and drew close to the nearby capital ships. As he watched them scatter his computer picked up two Vics trying to get a missile lock on him. He tightened the grip on his yoke. Would those fools know who he was they'd not dare even pointing their nose at him. Time to teach them a lesson. Speeding up he delivered a burst of speed and raced forth, blasters blazing. One of the fighters was brutally hit by his DIP barrage, before the pilot could fire his missile. The other dumb-fired and broke off. With incomplete lock signature the missile missed Vince and trailed off - probably locking on to one of the nearby cruisers. With that Vince, too, made his way for cover. The closest ship to him was one of the Crown's Imperator IIs. Skimming dangerously low across the warship's surface older sensors wouldn't be able to differ him from the destroyer's hull, until he left his cover and flew into open space again. Enough time to gain distance.
"Heads up!" Mryna warned them. "I read three fishes breaking out and taking on pursuit.
"Spectre Lead." Vince announced. "You heard that?"
"Copy, Phantom Lead." Syphax acknowledged. "Six and Eight, get after those bandits before they reach Phantom."
"Negative, Lead." Spectre Eight objected. "I've got two on me."
"Same," Six added. "Those guys did a good job pinning us down!"
"I've got them." Darron cut in and in the corner of his eyes, Vince saw Darron's starfighter spin around to intercept the incoming Piranhas.
"What the ... Seven!" Vince called him. "Do not engage! We can still -"
"Negative lead." Darron rejected calmly. "I'm tired of running. Let's end this here!"
"Damnit, Seven, I said, no heroics!"
"Lead, Five" Mryna called in. "I've got his back. Proceed on course." Vince rolled his eyes. It was futily trying to talk her out of it. "For god's sake, Five, Six, Seven, engage those pursuers. But don't let them drive you into dogfighting, I want this done quick and clean."
"Copy, Lead." Darron said assuringly. "This'll only take a minute."
On his sensor screen he watched as the three fighters solved from the group and headed back towards the incoming Piranhas. This was it - the point where he could only hope and trust - that their skills would suffice against superior technology.
"Switching to combat mode." Mryna eventually announced. Her voice was strangely modulated, as she spoke. Vince knew what that meant - and a chill ran down his spine, as realization dawned. Mryna hadn't activated her augmented combat logics chip for years. That chip rendered Mryna in a sort-of drone-like Berserker mode, supporting her reflexes and fighting skills with advanced combat logics. Despite those undisputable advancements Mryna had always feared - despised - the effects that mode had on her mind while activated. That was why she had always vowed never to use it again. To see her activating it again now, especially with Darron present, was unexpected. He frowned. Something had changed in her.

//////////////////

Mryna watched stooicaly as the world around her was tinted into an intense red. Lines of text and data began to flash before her eyes as the primary combat logics routine was initialized.
Her visual sensors picked up a total 0f 43 hostile targets in front of her plus another 84 throughout the system.
3 XT-300 Piranhas were coming on intercept course 0.1.8. Distance 4,28 km
With a thought she marked them as her primary targets.
The combat logic painted the 3 fighters with glowing target markers and monitored their heading and trajectory.
With precise movements Mryna steered her figher to intercept the closest one.
An alalysis of the flight path and behavior led to the conclusion that the pilot was yet reluctant to attack, knowing that whom he was fighting used to be his own people.
A fatal error that offered her a great tactical and psychiological edge.
Instantly she increased her speed and engaged him head on.
Further analyses uncovered a growing tension with the pilot.
By now her visual sensors were able to get a clear picture of his face.
Visual analyses uncovered sweat, as his grim resolve gave way to first signs of fear.
The very second he was in range she pulled the triger and fired two salvos that hit the fighter head on, shredding his engines and bursting his fuel tank.
One target eliminated.
"They're breaking off!" one of her wingmen, Seven, Darron Larcoon, reported over comm.
"Are you sure, Seven?" their squad commander questioned.
"Positive, Lead." Seven confirmed.
Indeed Audio sensors had picked up communication and orders to disengage the attack.
The orders were coming from ESS Dominance.
Mryna idly registered the communication as she kept on pursuing her primary targets.
As they retreated they fataly let down their guard.
After a few seconds Mryna had eliminated her next primary target with a pair of precise hits to its fuel tank.
"Whoah what the ...." Six coughed. "They're retreating alright? Let them go already!"
The last primary target was in range.
"Leave it be, Five" Seven insisted. "Get back into formation!"
"Phantom Five" came the commander's voice. "Disengage combat mode, Abort Code Delta-7221 Input identifyer Vaylon-001!"
As her audio sensors received and processed the command, her vision blanked out.

------------------

Mryna winced. It took her a few moments to orient and sort herself.
Her combat mode had been prematurely aborted. Normally safety protocolls would shut down the combat system after her primary objective was accomplished. A premature abort left her with a nastily squished mind and a feeling like the day after shore leave.
Shaking off the post-effects she eventually spoke.
"Combat mode deactivated - argh damn" The stinging pain in her head made her wince. "What happened?"
"They've broken off." Vince responded.
"Looks like someone called them back." Darron added. "Even the Spectres are clear.
Mryna frowned. "Why would they call them back?"
It was Skywalker, who answered then. "I think we're being expected."
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Design HQ | Vince T's X-Wing HQ

Drake26
Lieutenant JG
Bounty Hunter

Post by Drake26 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:22 am

Shawn frowned. If they didn't take an active role in the battle again, the Red Star II was probably doomed. He started barking out orders, "Move us to engage the Sovereign. As we pass the Dominance, have the Ion cannons fire as they bare, I want her dark and drifting. As for Sovereign, I want her scrapped. Furys, you have the green light."
This was met with much cheering, because, as their goal was not to destroy their targets, they had been kept out of the fight, and they were eager to test out their new ordnance, the Standoff Assault Proton Torpedo. An instant later, several thousand of these leaped from their launchers and streamed for their target, taking advantage of their long legs and the Fury's remote targeting abilities to be fired from extreme range. The Sovereign called back her fighters and started firing volleys into the deadly cloud to try and stop as many as it could, but the warheads advanced penetraters caused them to spiral and twist when they detected a laser lock or ship proximity, ensuring many got through, and the penetraters final act of turning the warhead head on toward their target ensured that the specialized double shaped charge warheads of the ones that did would do maximum damage. First one charge went off, impacting against the shields but powerful enough to often cause a brief flicker before the shield could recover, and it is in that flicker that the second charge exploded, vaporizing armor, bulkheads, and whatever was behind them as the Sovereign's aft disappeared behind a rolling ball of fire, and with a second volley closing in fast, she had more important things to think about then finishing off the Red Star II, and on the other side of that ship the Excalibur climbed above the Dominance, ion fire pouring off her flanks, sending lightning skittering over her target, exploding circuitry and tripping breakers, silencing guns and plunging entire sections of the ship into darkness.
Proud owner of the Almighty Frying Pan of Hugeness (Doom) or AFPoH(D)

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:42 pm

Toth almost fell off his bunk, as the distant explosions rocked the Sovereign. For a while he had been able to sense the tension boiling throughout the ship - and the dark presence not oo far away.

He had little memory of the past few ... hours? days? He couldn't quite grasp the time he had been knocked out. He had been following the commandos that had been infiltrating the battlecruisers's bowels. Then, after whatever had knocked him out, he had awoken on the cruiser's infirmary - just to be arrested. Now, for all he could tell the Sovereign had run right into a battle - a massive one.
It was there and then that Arlan Toth decided that the time of waiting and watching had come to an end.
Extending his senses he touched the mind of the Security trooper guarding his holding cell. Utterly exposed to his control the man unwillingly turned around and opened the cell door.
"What-" the man suddenly gasped as he realized what he was doing.
"You will bring me to the bridge now."
"I will bring you to the bridge now." the man repeated monotonously.
"The Supreme Commander wants to speak to me."
"The Supreme Commander wants to speak to you." The man repeated and gestured with his rifle. "Come on!"

//////////////////

Monroe gritted his teeth as he held on to the railing at his command post. The missile volley had hit them dead on. Whatever warhead technology those bastards were using, it was sophisticated enough to break through their shields. Lucky for them the bombardment had caused mainly surface damage. However, some more barrages of that caliber would eventually break through the massive armor and cause more direct damage.
"Activate auxillary barriers!" He ordered. "And find a way to hold of those warheads." Behind him he heard the Supreme Commander give out orders to his battlegroup.
"Have the Katanas engage those missile frigates. Javelin and lancer wing, you're clear to attack the Excalibur." He frowned. Excalibur? Wasn't that the EoW flagship?
"Captain, bring us head on with the Red Star II and spin us so our Omega Arrays get a clear shot at that battleship!"
"Sir?" He inquired. "Aren't the EoW supposed to be allies of the ESS?"
"Recent events have proven many things not being the way they are supposed to be, Captain." the Dhilani clarified. "As officers of the royal navy it is our daily duty to adapt to ever changing situations."
"Aye Sir." Monroe said reluctantly and passed on the orders. He wasn't really in a position to argue. In fact, he had his hands full trying to keep the ship in one piece. This was the Sovereign's - and his - first combat engagement. A baptism by fire. Beyond the viewport the battlefield moved aside as the massive battlecruiser slowly turned its bow towards the Red Star II. The panning view revelaed more of the seemingly endless battlefield to their eyes.
"We're in position." The helms officer confirmed after a while. The panorama was now mainly filled by the renegade ESS battleship and the Dominance sitting on the other side. Both ships already showed severe scars. Especially the Dominance was showing severe system failures in many sectors - a result of the constant EMP and Ion barrages it took from the various attackers. It was time to break through.
"Lock both fusion cannonts on the Red Star II!" Monroe ordered with narrowing eyes. "That traitor Firkis will pay!"

//////////////////

"Approaching target. Stay tight and follow my lead! We're going in hot and fast"
The small group of fighters was now heading straight for the Dominance. Mryna still picked up the various hostile fighters, which, however, were now keeping a distance and closely watching their every move.
"Out of curiosity" Monk eventually inquired. "How are we going to get past that hangar shield?" Already they could see the bright opening in the battlecruiser's lower bow section. And although the fighters had ceased their attack, the Dominance's crew wouldn't give them clearance to land even though they seemed to be expected. Figures.
"Leave that to me." Mryna replied and went to work on her wirst console. After a few moments she was pleased to find out that her security level overrides were still working. With the ESS tumbling into chaos Darth Pyra hadn't seemed to have altered those just yet. After a few more commands she sent out a transmission that would be picked up by the Dominance's hangar control systems. Already they were flying below the battlecruisers open snout. The large hangar was only another kilometer away. Only a few more moments ... if it didn't work they'd smash against the hangar field like flies against a wind shield. "Come on!" She murmured through gritted teeth. Finally she received the feedback she had hoped for: an all-clear response from the hangar computer informing her that her 'request to land' query had been granted.
"We have Green light!" She quickly informed her wingmen.
"There we go, proceed to land!" Vince called out, as they approached the magfield. Mryna's fighter rocked violently, as she went to zero throttle and kicked in the reverse thrusters.
"Damnit, how do you land this thing?" came Jack's voice over comm, slightly unsettled.
"Six, follow my example!" Skywalker instructed him calmly. Just then she saw one of the other fighters sliding across the polished hangar deck drawing a trail of sparks and debris. Eventually the cockpit hatch burst open and the jedi summersaulted out of the still sliding wreckage. Slightly baffled Mryna could only shake her head, while she activated her repulsors and finally brought her fighter to a halt. Extending the landing gear she softly touched down on the hangar deck and, after setting systems on standby, hopped out of her fighter to observe the situation. Like Skywalker Jack had chosen the barely elegand slide landing, both fighters had drawn a long scar of scratches and fighter parts across the deck. The rest of them had landed without further problems.

A group of hangar workers came running towards them from one of the maintenance bays. Obviously alerted by their arrival they yet didn't appear hostile so far - given the all-clear status the hangar computer had provided.
"Who's in charge here?" She then heard Kane shouting and found him striding boldly towards one of the workers, who instantly pointed him to his superior.
"Hangar chief Dom Nelson" the commander said, as Kane approached him. "Who are -"
"Flight Marshall Murphy Kane, ESS-SSF second devision" Kane recited. "Now listen, Dom, we have two malfunctioning landing gears." He pointed towards the two wrecked starfighters "and my back rest seems jammed. See what you can do about them and bring them back up to snuff!"
The man frowned. "What's that imperial fighter doing here?" He pointed towards Gyttel's Phantom.
"A souvenir." Mryna added quickly, joining the group. "Ya like it?"
"Shut it, Five!" Kane snarled. "Sorry chief, but I fear you don't have sufficient clearance for that. I know you're doing your job, now let me do mine!"
"Riight!" The chief snarled and his eyes narrowed. Obviously he didn't buy Kane's story. "Let's see your IDs, shall we!"
"You don't need to see our IDs!" Skywalker said, stepping towards the man. Mryna had to suppress a smirk. Jedi Mindtricks!
"I don't need to see your IDs." The officer agreed.
"Glad you see it that way!" Kane grunted and threw the man an impatient look. "Now get out of my way and take care of our ships already! We're scheduled for launch in thirty minutes."
"Yeah yeah alright!" The officer snorted and shambled off, mumbling something like "Damn fighter jocks! think they run this place...."

//////////////////

Vince watched as the various pilots climbed out of their fighters. Mryna and Darron had parked their fighters close to his own.
Both Skywalker and Silk had chosen a less elegant landing, sliding their fighters halfway across the hangar deck. While Skywalker had prematurely jettisoned from his doomed fighter in mid-slide, Silk was now squeesing out of his wrecked ship. Vince couldn't truly blame them, after all, one had taught them how to launch and fly a Vic. Landing, obviously, hadn't been part of the lesson. And yet there was a strange look on Skywalker's face - a look saying 'I've always wanted tot ry that!' Kane and Monk had made use of the hangar bay's enourmous space and had flown a loop to increase hteir available stopping distance. Gyttel's Phantom had touched down just a few dozen meters behind Vince. Now, after the weird conversation with the hangar crew the group came jogging towards him.
"I'm glad everybody made it." Vince said looking around. "Thanks to Major Qhalic we should be able to override the ship's security systems and avoid unwanted holdups. Our destination will be the command module, hosting both the bridge and the royal quarters. The Empress will most likely be at one of these two location. The bridge will be our primary target. Should the Empress not be present, we'll split up. Master Skywalker and I will proceed to the royal quarters, while the rest maintains control over the ship."
"What about crew and and troops, Sir?" The imperial Commando asked.
"We will run into situations where lethal force is unavoidable. However we should not forget that these are our own people."
"Talking about our own people" Mryna interjected. "We're getting company."
As he turned around he found a trio of security guards marching towards them. Already he found Mryna reaching for her guns yet he motioned her to stand down. There was something odd about those. Something familiar.
"You there!" The commander snarled, as they approached the group. "By order of the Empress: Hand over your weapons and come with us!"
Skywalker stepped towards them. "I assume the Empress wants to see us immediately?"
"You assume correctly, Jedi." the trooper confirmed. "And next time I find your fingers in my head you will regret it." That was it. Vince grimaced. A Cha'Lynh-trinity squad. That would be a challenge far beyond the average security squad. Being a Cha'Lynh himself Vince was well aware of their capabilities. On the other hand it seemed they were being escorted right before Shiromy. That would definitely accelerate things and avoid unnecessary casualties. Vince exchanged a quick glance with Skywalker and nodded.
"Alright" The Jedi answered. "We'll come peacefully."

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:46 am

Canthas's ship landed in the location Jarin had given him. Awaiting him were several very cold looking researchers, NR troopers, a Jedi, and Jarin herself. She gave him a look that said don't ask, we're all really friggin' cold right now. I'll tell you later.
He sighed. His curiosity would have to wait.
---
Inside, the entire team was drinking warm caf. Jarin finished her story. To her surprise, Canthas didn't look too alarmed.
"We've been monitoring a group called the 'Brotherhood of Shadows' for a while now," he explained. "Bunch of crazy force-users led by a Cophuranee named Darius Rygetto who want to rule the galaxy. They aren't above using non force-users to do their dirty work, though. We've traced some transactions to one of these mercs' accounts on Coruscant from a secret account of Rygetto on New Cophuran. This whole "lost fleet" business worries me, though."
Just then, Canthas's pilot spoke up. "Hey guys, there's a huge-ass ship going by the Star of Troy moving on an intercept course!"
"That's probably the ship those mercenaries came from," said Jarin. "Let's hope they're smart enough to stay away from the Spirit of Hope."
All of a sudden, the shuttle began to rock violently.
"Damn!" said the pilot. "They've got us in a tractor beam lock!"
"Can you break free?" Canthas asked.
"You kidding? They've got some kind of high-power military tractor beam projector on that thing. Probably illegal. There's nothing I can do!"
At that point, Jarin lost it. "Aw, this is just great! So much for getting off that dammned rock!"
"Stay calm," said Blackmoon, who had walked up without being noticed. "I'm a Jedi. I can negotiate with these guys. We're good at that."
"I'd rather you use your fancy-ass lightsaber skills on them," said Boss.
"We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers," he replied.
"Hell of a peacekeeper you all are," Boss mumbled.
Then, everyone noticed the shuttle had been pulled into a docking bay
"Well, time to put your credits where your mouth is, Jedi," said Canthas.
Wielder of The Spatula

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:55 am

"We're down. I'm popping the hatch. Good luck out there, Major."
"Thanks," Gyttel said curtly, "listen, I may only be a ground pounder, but I know how valuable this little ship is to the Admiral. If things go wrong in here, I may have to cause some serious damage and I'd rather you didn't get caught in it. Once I'm clear, lift off, get the cloak up and get the hell out of here."
"But-" the pilot tried to reply.
"Just do it. I'll find some way out if I have to. I learned how to fly a Dragonfly on my last escape from an ESS ship, I'm sure I can do it again." Gyttel grinned as he picked his black helmet up and secured it in place.
"Aye, sir." the pilot said glumly. Gyttel understood, the value of the Phantom had left its pilot in a strictly intelligence gathering role - and frequently required him to disappear at the first sign of trouble, despite the craft's fearsome capabilities.
"If things go my way, there's going to be some very pretty fireworks before the day is through." With that, Gyttel dropped through the fighter's entry hatch, checking his blaster rifle and the ammunition stored on his belt. The ESS pilots were already assembled deeper into the cavernous hangar, along with the Jedi. The Jedi who had killed Gyttel's emperor and sent his entire world into a mad tailspin. The deep, dark world of interstellar politics was a mystery to Gyttel, and he had never especially cared for the late Emperor, but whatever his personal failings, the man had produced a damn fine empire and the opportunity for vengeance attacked his mind like a Toovian Acid Worm, biting at the small corners of his consciousness and injecting its corrupting poison. One well placed grenade while he was distracted... Skywalker glanced his way, and Gyttel immediately felt a small tinge of fear. Whether it was merely coincidence or detection of Gyttel's feelings of malevolence and betrayal, the commando did not know. For the Jedi's part, his face revealed absolutely nothing in the fleeting second in which his eyes tracked Gyttel. Certainly, the man would have made a fantastic Sabaac player.
The hangar tech that had been pestering the pilots moved off, muttering to himself, and the squad moved over to where the imposing form of Vince Trageton landed gracefully from the cockpit of his fighter. Changing direction, Gyttel arrived at the much closer fighter in time to hear the Imperator-in-absentia's quick briefing. A quick questioned confirmed all Gyttel had wanted to know – he could kill anyone he wanted as long as he could come up with a valid reason. And there was always a reason to kill someone.
It appeared their unauthorised landing had not gone quite as subtly as Gyttel had hoped, however, as the group was joined by a further three uniformed ESS troopers. Something in their stance was eerily familiar, something in the way they moved; everything they did was almost as one. With a jolt, Gyttel realised the synchronicity of their movements was oddly akin to the manoeuvres he himself had practiced countless times as part of a commando squad. But it was more than that, the precision they demonstrated appeared more like the mechanical exactness of a battle droid squad. Whoever these men were, they were no average trooper. Seeing both Darron and Vince stiffen beside him confirmed the commando’s suspicions. The three soldiers had trained with each other to the point they knew exactly what the others were doing and when they should be doing it. Still, they had no weapons raised; and a split second was all Gyttel would need. He thumbed the safety switch on his rifle and rested his finger firmly on the trigger.
He took no part in the discourse between the two parties, but the hostile troopers’ tone of voice definitely made him nervous, particularly at the command to hand over weapons. As Vince spoke up, it dawned on Gyttel that this was what he wanted. They were being brought before the Empress, and far swifter than if they had tried to fight their way there, even with Mryna’s ‘privileged’ access. Still, Gyttel thought as the troopers began immediately confiscating weapons, it wouldn’t hurt to play the part he had established for himself; not with his armour for protection anyway.
“Nobody takes my weapons.” Gyttel spat sourly as one of the troopers got to him, his hands clutched tightly on the grip and foregrip of his blaster.
“Indeed?” The trooper said neutrally. Before Gyttel could even blink, the trooper had brought up a blade from seemingly nowhere, and before his brain could even begin to send the command, that blade cut down, whistling through the air, and struck Gyttel on the left forearm, glancing off the armour but leaving a conspicuous scar. He staggered back, trying to bring his blaster to bear with his right hand, but the blade sliced through the air again, catching the hand just above the un-armoured palm. The force of the impact sent a shockwave of pain right up Gyttel’s arm, and he dropped the blaster. Again, the blade whistled and caught the weapon as it fell, impossibly cleaving it in two, letting it clatter to the deck with a double thud. But Gyttel had used that time to deliver a viscous one-two punch that would have floored a Weequay, finding only that both punches were deflected uselessly off the flat of the blade. The weapon spun, its flat side catching Gyttel painfully in the throat just as the trooper delivered a low kick to the commando’s shins. The combination sent him toppling to the floor on his back, the point of the short blade now at his neck, and its wielder squatting evilly over the fallen form of Gyttel.
“I trust there won’t be any more ‘disagreements’.” It was a statement, not a question, delivered in the same emotionless, almost misleadingly casual tone.
“None.” Vince said sternly, his eyes darting to Gyttel.
With some gentle verbal prodding on the part of the three troopers, the squad of insurgents moved off.
“Are you a complete idiot?” Darron hissed where Gyttel’s ear would have been if not for the helmet. “That was a Cha’Lynh Blademaster. You don’t say ‘no’ to them unless you really know what you’re doing.”
“I do know what I’m doing,” Gyttel replied, wincing at the loudness he perceived in his electronically reproduced voice, despite his best efforts to muffle it. “Now I know how he fights, and that all I have to do is shoot him from range. Or else disable his weapon arm before I disable him.”
“Not enough,” Darron said, shaking his head, “Blademasters are just as good unarmed.”
“So a well placed blaster bolt to the face it is.” Gyttel said callously. “I’m guessing the one with the pretty rifle on his back is a marksman, working to cover the sword wielder.”
“A Hunter.” Darron confirmed.
“Well I’ve got a little blade of my own for him.” Gyttel snarled, clenching his left fist and hitting a catch that shot a three inch durasteel vibroblade from his wrist. “That just leaves the last one. I don’t see any weapons on him. Pistol jockey maybe?”
“He’ll be a Warrior. The hardest discipline, it combines a bit of everything. On a ship, I’d guess he’ll be packing a blade. Smaller even than the shoto you just got on the wrong end of, a knife or something like that. And yeah, probably a high power pistol. But we have our own Warrior.” Darron motioned to Vince. Under the helmet, Gyttel raised his eyebrows.
“Really? Well, if this doesn’t go to plan, it’s going to get interesting.”
“Wait, you knew the plan and you still refused to give up your gun?” Darron asked incredulously.
“Like I said, I wanted to get a measure of how well this guy fights, as well as give him the impression that I’m too reckless to be a threat. That and it’s a pride thing. I don’t give my guns to anyone.” Darron smirked at that.
“Well, sooner or later he’ll get his.”
“Quiet!” The Warrior barked from the back of the loose formation the group had become.
Gyttel fervently hoped that Darron was right, and that it would be sooner rather than later.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:26 pm

The transit from the forward hangar bay to the command module took quite some time, despite the highspeed transport capsules. Enough time for Vince to sense the dark presence they were approaching. Shiromy knew they were coming. She knew he was coming.
They reached a crossing. The path ahead would lead to the command bridge, while the rout left would take them to the royal quarters. He stopped, as did his team. Instantly the trinity squad reacted raising their weapons.
"Hey, get moving!" The Warrior snarled. "This is no sightseeing tour."
"Change of plans!" Vince cut him off and then removed his helmet. "I'll take it from here, Commander."
"What the ..." The leader gasped at the sight of his fallen Emperor. "What sort of trick is this?" he turned towards Mryna. "First you kill the Emperor now you bring a double to take his place? The Empress was right about you."
"Vince" Mryna said throwing him a vicious frown. "May I?"
"No." Vince shook his head. "Commander, matters demand that I take full control of the situation. And you'd be well advised to cooperate."
"Our loyalty is to our Empress. If you stand against her, you stand against us, too."
"Hmm" Vince made and looked around the group. "Then I suppose you're only wasting my time." his flat palm came out of nowhere and hit the Cha'Lynh's chest, slamming him across the room and into the opposite wall. Before the Warrior even hit the wall a pair of energy blasts shot from Vince's hands, aimed for his two colleagues. Only through their quick reflexes could they evade the blasts.
"You are no match for me." Vince stated observingly and lowered his hands, as the two remaining Cha'Lynh went into a ready stance.
"Impressive." the Hunter said emotionlessly. "But you won't be as lucky next time, Emperor."
Vince only shrugged and made an inviting gesture. "Your move."
Without a warning the Hunter drew a pair of blasters and fired. Four shots cut through the air between them in rapid succession. Vince, however, caught them out of the air like thrown balls and channeled the energy into one blast which he tossed at the Blademasters feet.
Using the momentum Mryna shot forth and slid between the Hunter's legs. Performing a spin, she swept him off his feet. While he was still falling the edge of her hand slammed against his neck, knocking him out. With another spinning motion she caught the pair of blasters, which she instantly aimed at the blademaster.
"Now it's only you." Vince addressed him and stepped forth. "Want to try your luck, too? Maybe against the Jedi this time?"
The blademaster held his gaze for a moment. Then his eyes lowered. "No." He said. "I need no more proof." Dropping his blade he knelt before Vince and looked up. "Mylord."
"The Empress has suffered a severe mental breakdown." Vince explained sensibly. "She is no longer in control of herself or her actions. The ESS are in disarray. Our brothers are fighting each other and don't exactly know why. Even you and your brothers would have killed me without hesitation." He laid a hand on the mans shoulder. "We can end this conflict, but I will need your help."
"What is your bidding, Mylord?"
"The lies Empress Shiromy has spread have affected the people above this ship. While Master Skywalker and I will proceed and see her, I need you to aid Grand Executor Qhalic and her team to seize control of this ship and end the fighting. She has my full authorization to do what is necessary to restore the order." He focussed him with a durasteel gaze. "Did I make myself clear?"
The Cha'Lynh rose and nodded. "Perfectly clear, Mylord."

//////////////////

"I should congratulate you." Admiral Phaley said, as the group marched onto the Dominance's bridge. Shortly after the incident at the command crossing the group had split up. Vince and Skywalker had proceeded towards the royal quarters, while Mryna and her team, joined by the blademaster had made their way to the command bridge. Although the Cha'Lynh seemed loyal, Mryna had secretly advised Jack to keep a close eye on him. Now they were welcomed by the ESS royal Supreme Commander, Sara Phaley. Her voice was calm yet her voice dripped with venom. "Infiltrating two ESS battlecruisers in one day is quite remarkable. Does this make you proud?"
"It adds to my self-esteem." Mryna countered just as calmly, taking a step towards her. "Now if you'd kindly hand over command of this ship."
"Over my dead body!" Phaley hissed. Mryna sighed. That was a condition she would have gladly accepted at a different time with different people. But Admiral Phaley was one of the few people she couldn't afford to kill right away.
"Your loyalty is commendable, Admiral" Mryna explained. "but I have my orders from the Emperor directly."
"The Emperor is dead." Phaley spat. "You killed him. You and your imperial friends."
"I am sorry, Admiral." Mryna countered calmly. "But I don't have time to go through the details. The Emperor will explain everything, once you wake up." The flash of the stunblast lit the bridge for a brief moment, then Phaley collapsed, into the hands of the Cha'Lynh commando who had snuck up behind her.

"Everybody listen up!" Mryna rose her voice and addressed the bride crew. "By order of Emperor Vince Trageton and in my function as the Emperor's hand I hereby declare that the command of this vessel and its battlegroup is temporarily transferred to Admiral Larcoon. You will follow all his orders with the same loyalty and dedication you owe to Admiral Phaley. Once this critical situation is resolved the Emperor will review and revoke these changes."

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:18 am

It seemed like eons had gone by. Both Roscha and Kieyone had spent almost every waking hour going over all the Intel that had come in from the ESS, and still they were no closer to finding anything. Both women were about ready to call it a day when the rooms communicator started to sound. They seriously considered letting it ring and just heading off to bed for the night, but finally Kieyone gave in and answered the call. "Yeah?"
"This is Jones, I've got something I think you should have a look at."
Kieyone gave a weary sigh as she looked at Roscha, who just shrugged. "Fine then bring it here, and be quick about it."
"Will do."
It wasn't too much later that Bob Jones showed up at the door of the room the the two women were using. Bob entered the room in a real huff. "So what is it that you wanted to show me Bob?" Kieyone asked
"It had to do with that freighter we captured a while back off of Tatt."
"Yeah what about it?" Roscha asked
"Well Boss you remember that it carried an assortment of fighters and small arms, right?"
"Yes?" Roscha acknowledged as she she recalled the freighter in question.
"Well ,I went back over what was supposed to be in the cargo holds and I found that there was a nice surprise. It turned out that the freighter had at one point and time, managed to smuggle a CA heavy proton warhead from under the NR's ever-watchful eyes. And on top of that it was guarded by some Ex-mandos who had been supplied by one Nelga Ashrad, a scoundrel well known for playing all sides, that would explain why we never employed him or his services. Anyway Nelga supplied the hired muscle to the Iron Ring for the shipment."
That last bit caught Kieyone's attention. "Is there anyway to track that warhead?"
Bob shook his head. "No, Every lead I could trace ended in a dead end."
"Damn!" Roscha swore under her breath.
"But I did take the liberty to do some checking on Nelga and the last known person to have seen him was a former employer, one Jym Vorak."
"Vorak?!" Roscha sounded somewhat shocked.
"Does the name mean anything?" Bob asked.
"He's something of a self proclamed Pirate lord. Though I don't know him personally ,I've heard that he has held some rather unkindly feelings towards our organization."
"Unkindly is a rather nice way of putting it." Kieyone cut in. " The man down right hates us, and is someone that I've tried my best to keep tabs on though he's proved more than once to be quite slippery."
"Is he going to be a problem?" Roscha asked.
"He is most definitely someone that we might want to put on our termination list. But that is going to have to wait first let's see if he has any ties to the Iron Ring While we continue our search for who set us up."
Power without perception is worthless and of no use.
Current WIP The Lost Fleet everything else is on hold.

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:58 pm

"Concentrate all fire on that ship's engines. I want her disabled so we can find out who the hell these guys are," said Crossfield from the bridge of the Spirit of Hope.
It was then that he was contacted by the other ship.
'"Sir, incoming comm," said the comms officer.
"Patch it through."
The holo of the man he was looking at was human. He was bald, save for his short beard, and had a scar running down his face on the right side. His intense-looking eyes were a cold, merciless blue.
"Greetings, captain. I am Farak Vysari," he said in a deep, confident voice. "I have intercepted a shuttle with some of your people on board. I demand you power down your weapons and leave at once."
Crossfield was impatient. "Look, buddy. I've dealt with enough idiots like you to know that you're bluffing."
"Really?" said Farak, amused.
The camera moved to the side to reveal Nyra, Blackmoon, Green, several researchers, five NR troopers, and two men Crossfield didn't recognize. They were all on their knees, their hands presumably cuffed behind them. An armed guard was pacing behind them.
"If you continue to attack us, they die.' said Vysari.
"Don't listen to him, we're not worth it!" Blackmoon blurted out.
"Silence!" Vysari barked. The guard hit Blackmoon in the head with the butt of his rifle.
Crossfield's face was red, his fists balled in anger. "Arrgh! You bastard! Fine. We'll let you leave. But I promise you I'll track you down to the edge of the galaxy if it's the last thing I do. You won't get away with this."
Vysari smiled. "On the contrary, captain. I already have. Vysari out."
The Star of Troy left for hyperspace.
Crossfield didn't waste a moment. "Navigation?"
"Yessir?"
"I want you to calculate all possible hyperspace vectors. We need to know where they're headed."
"Yessir."
"Alright, I want a full background check on this Vysari guy. Where he's from, who he works for, what his favorite food is, everything!"
"Yes, sir."
An officer walked up. "Um, sir? It is entirely possible that these mercenaries have found the Key to the Lost Fleet...."
"Damn. Notify Command at once."
Crossfield stared out into space, mumbling to himself. "I swear, if I ever track you down..."
///////////////////////////////////////////
Kareen considered his options. He could abandon his mission and cooperate with Illion, taking Vorak captive and then submitting himself to the long and brutal interrogations that would be sure to follow once this whole thing was over. He could obey his master and attempt to slag Mandalore with his Star Destroyers, risking death or capture after that, or he could try to make a run for it.
Running made no sense. Even though the days where the Empire could track a man to the edge of the universe were gone, his Master's people would be sure to catch up with him eventually. He was outnumbered by the Vipers, Mandalorians, and Imperials, so successfully completing his mission would be a stretch. That left the option of capturing Vorak and submitting to the Empire, and possibly redeeming his situation.
After a lot of thinking, he opted for the final option.
"Comms," he said. "Tell the Vice Admiral that I am willing to cooperate with him completely."
Wielder of The Spatula

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:40 pm

"By all the stars..." within all the trouble they were in, it seemed to Ray that the sensors chief Daryl Owens - seemed yet a tad more distressed than before. "Sensors pick up two fusion locks from the Sovereign. Ray grimaced. The Red Star II was in trouble. Weakened as they were the duel with the Dominance had worn them down. With the Sovereign and her massive battlegroup joining the tide had turned greatly against them. Even with Vince's new-found allies intervening it would probably only take these two fusion blasts to seal their fate once and for all. Stand and fight to the last breath! he reminded himself.
"We won't give up!" Ray insisted. "If Admiral Rhitargo has lost all sense of honor we should remind him who he is fighting against. turn us around and bring us below them. Direct all shield power power to our dorsal shields!" Order Admiral Jarej to move below us and to cover the unshielded parts!"
"What about the Dominance and her group?"
"There's anough ships around to deal with them." Ray decided. "That Dhilani has called out a challenge and he shall have one." Slowly he watched as the panorama turned. Crippled and half-disabled as they were the rotation maneuver took painfully long, yet eventually the battlecruiser came in sight. Already he could see the trade mark blue glow as the Sovereign's two bow-mounted fusion cannons were charging.
"We're not as dead as we may look." Ray said. "Lieutenant Madrell, Lock all weapons on those fusion cannons and open fire!"
At his command a thunderstorm of green energy erupted from all across the Red Star II's hull and pounded onto the Sovereign's bow shield. To his mild suprise after only a few moments the tremendous barrage was able to breach the shields and hit the fusion cannons directly. The energy released on impact severely disrupted the charging cannons and - adding to the general damage delivered the destabilized energy masses exploded in a bright flash of light tearing the battlecruiser's bow apart.
"Very Well done, Madrell." Ray applauded his weapons chief. "How did you do that?"
It was Owens, who answered his question. "It seems they had redirected a significant portion of their shield energy to their rear shield after that attack from behind." Owens said. "I suppose they didn't expect us to be that active in the face of destruction. After all we are the far bigger ship and our stock firepower still exceeds theirs. And as you said yourself, Sir. we're not as dead as we look."

///////////////////

They took their time, slowly, silently walking down the corridors that would lead to the section of the ship that hosted the royal quarters. They both knew the gravity of the impact the coming events would have. However this conflict was to be resolved, it would change their lives forever. Shiromy knew they were coming. Vince had already dropped the veils that had cloaked his presence - earning a slightly surprised glare from Skywalker as the Jedi sensed his aura unfold.

Rounding another corner they finally entered the large hallway leading straight to the royal quarters. A quartet of guards were protecting the large door. Instantly they stepped forth to block the way as the two were approaching. With an almost subtle wave of his hand Skywalker invoked a shockwave that slammed all four into the wall and dropped them to the floor.
"Whatever happens." Skywalker eventually said. "Do not oppose or attack her. The only hope the turn her away from the darkside is to approach her in peace, to appeal to her conscience and to the person she used to be."
Vince nodded silently, as he entered his private code into the door's keypad.
With a damped hiss the two wings swung open and they entered the spacious royal suite. Although it was a familiar place for him, Vince yet felt strange, as he entered the spacious chamber. Then he froze in shock. In the dim light he could see the shapes of numerous corpses lying scattered across the room. From their white uniforms he could identify them as medics. Their bodies were strangely and gruesomely twisted in mortal agony.
Darth Pyra was kneeling amid them.
"They wanted to treat me." She said. Her voice was hoarse. "Nurse me with their feeble medical knowledge."
"They tried to help you." Skywalker suggested.
"They should have known better." She said bitterly. Rising up to her feet she turned around to face them. A cold shiver ran down Vince's spine, as he beheld her face. Dark rings rounded her bloodshot eyes with the firy yellow pupilles. "I knew you'd come back to me. I sensed your little trap, when we arrived, when Ray betrayed me. It was your handwriting. Well, here I am. Have you come to take your revenge?"
"I won't fight you, Shiromy." Vince said. "I want to redeem you!"
"Redeem me?" She laughed. "Ah I see. The stoic jedi way of passiveness! You'd make a formidable Jedi yourself, Vince!" Her burning gaze wandered towards Skywalker. "Is that why you brought your new Jedi friend? Your new master?"
"He is not my master." Vince refused. But there was something in the way she gazed at Skywalker that made it obvious that his words were vain. To his side Skywalker remained silent. His aura was calm, serene.
"Oh, so you just brought him here to kill me?" Her eyes narrowed. "I'm sure he'll do his duty and save the galaxy from the return of the Sith - or die trying." Without a warning the crimson blade hissed to life as she lashed for them - just to meet Skywalker's green lightsaber in a screaming clash of energy. Instinctively Vince found himself taking a step back - out of the deadly weapons' immediate range. After the first blow Shiromy pressed her attack. Skywalker however made no attempt to counter-attack, merely blocking her every swing. "But what about you, Vince?" Shiromy hissed with a wicked grin. "What will you do? Will you just stand there and watch?" While she spoke, she circled Skywalker forcing the Jedi into the center of the room. With growing tension Vince watched her swing her lightsaber in swift strikes at him. So far Skywalker defended himself easily against her blows, reacting precisely to her every move. No flurries, no acrobatics. Simple yet effective blocks that caused him little to no effort. On the other hand Shiromy seemed to draw on a seemingly infinite source of power. This fight would go on forever ...
"An interesting dilemma, isn't it?" Shiromy commented - obviously reading his thoughts. "Sooner or later one of us is going to loose this fight. In the end it's up to you, Vince. Your chance to decide about life and death! You can wait and see, let fate do its part. Or you can control fate. You can choose whom to save. Side with him and you'll loose me! Join me and this jedi will become one with the Force."
"You Sith always deal in absolutes." Skywalker taunted as he kept on deflecting her blows.
"Just like you, Jedi." She retorted. In a sudden motion she pushed the green saber aside and slammed the palm of her free hand against his chest. The gleaming energy blast hit him dead on and hurled him across the room. Turning the uncontrolled plunge into a spinning leap Skywalker landed hard yet steady.
"You are strong in the darkside." He commented, as he rose up to his feet. Shiromy only laughed.
"And who is narrow-sighted now? Do you really think I rely only on the Force?" As she spoke the crackling and screaming noise of bursting metal tore through Vince's his ears. In awe he whitnessed as the floor around her tore apart. Large plates broke out and began hovering around her - just to burst into milions of tiny pieces, swarming around her in a cloud of tiny metallic shrapnel. Vince gritted his teeth. He had rarely seen Shiromy unfold her Zhawn powers in such a way. As far as he had experienced the powers of a Zhawn Ti'Kur could be near limitless. Suddenly he had the aching feeling that even with the Force on his side, Skywalker might be in trouble.
"That's enough, Shiromy!" he then shouted out and stepped towards her. "If you want a rematch so badly, here I am!"

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Whatever disappointment Gyttel felt at the swift felling of two of the Cha'Lynh at another's hand, he made sure not to let it show. His right hand was clenched tightly around the grip of his blaster pistol, his left feeling somewhat useless in the absence of his broken rifle. Though he was loathe to admit it, he felt an incredible tension. He was on the bridge of one of the mightiest warships in the ESS fleet. That this specific ship happened to be the very same one that had so caught then Vice-Admiral Pitto's eye, the object of an impulsive desire and the spark that had drawn the Imperial Remnant into the first encounter with an enemy that would provide their biggest test outside of the Rebel Alliance only served to intensify the gravity of the situation.
Were he to consider the fact that he stood here not with the fearsome soldiers of Omicron Squad, or a boarding party of stormtroopers, but with a group of people that should by all rights still be his enemies, his thoughts would have become all the more turbulent. Still, he recognised that he was in a position of power here. The Supreme Commander of the ESS Fleet lay unconscious a few scant feet away from him, and the bridge crew were transfixed in fear by the bizarre collection of intruders who had barged in and demanded they immediately switch their loyalty. Behind him, Gyttel heard Darron swallow uncomfortably. Barely twenty four hours ago, he had been one of the masterminds behind a trap to capture and execute Mryna Qhalic, and now she was commanding an entire bridge crew to submit to his leadership. Larcoon was either an exceptionally lucky, or exceptionally charismatic man. Privately, Gyttel felt it was the former, though he would not say as much to the now Acting Supreme Commander's face.
"I, uh, we," Larcoon stuttered, "have claimed this ship in the name of the rightful Emperor of the Seven Suns. Your first act to prove your, uh, loyalty will to be to transmit a formal message of surrender to the Red Star II, followed immediately by an order to gunnery crews to cease fire," and here came the big ask, Darron knew, "the lowering of all deflector shields." A shocked murmuring immediately broke out among the bridge crew, and even Mryna looked taken aback. She must have known as well as anyone that the chances of broadcasting the surrender to the multitude of ships out there before the ship was destroyed in a hail of ignorant fire were slim. Gyttel saw Mryna's hands clench tighter on her blaster, and immediately picked up on that slim thread of suspicion. Could this have all been an elaborate ploy by Darron? Could he still be loyal to the Empire? Could he be about to deliver the Dominance, Emperor, Empress and Qhalic in one tremendous, fell swoop? No, Gyttel realised as he focused his gaze on the Cophuran, there was too great a sense of pride there. Darron wore the ESS uniform far more comfortably than he had ever worn the Imperial counterpart.
This was merely insurance, Gyttel realised about the same time Mryna did, a precaution in case Vince should fail. One command to the right assembled ships out there, and the Dominance would be slagged before Shiromy could even think of escape. Mryna’s grip slackened slightly on her pistol, unfortunately just as a pair of bridge guards decided to act on the murmurs of discontent scattered about the bridge. They stood slowly, hands moving towards blasters at their hips. A swiftly redirected pistol muzzle and a flash of cold steel from Gyttel and the Blademaster swiftly put an end to their brief fit of bravado.
“You heard the Admiral,” Mryna bellowed, “get to it!” Gyttel knew all too well that there was no chance of a bunch of naval officer weenies being able to put up a fight, and fortunately they seemed to have caught on to that too.
So he had done it again, the commando thought with no small amount of pride, he and a small team of operatives had successfully seized an entire dreadnought, merely by securing the vital organ that was the bridge.
“And if the other ships loyal to Shiromy don’t buy this surrender order?” Gyttel said quietly to Darron, receiving a grudging nod from Myrna as a first response.
“I agree, they may it’s a rogue operation and open fire on us themselves.”
“You two seem to be forgetting that we’re on the Dominance. The Sovereign is the only threat to us, and they’re a little busy at the moment. We’ll be fine, trust me.” Larcoon replied with a grin.
“We’re done here.” The Blademaster chimed in. “We should go the Emperor’s aid.”
“And abandon Admiral Larcoon on the bridge?” Gyttel asked, incredulously. “Not a chance.”
“Perhaps we should leave this decision to the Empress’ Hand. Or should that now be Emperor’s Hand?” The Blademaster said, in that same deceptively casual tone he had used after disarming Gyttel, causing the commando’s grip to tighten once again in his blaster.
“Well, Miss Qhalic?” He asked, unable to resist throwing in his usual sarcasm.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:51 pm

The Sovereign rocked hard as the bow section exploded. Toth didn't know what exactly had caused such a massive explosion but the general atmosphere of unrest and tension that he found when entering the dreadnought's bridge, told a lot of stories. But not only the events around here had caught his attention. Not far from where he was Toth had felt strong ripples in the Force as well as the presence of several powerful individuals. Two of those beings were all too familiar to him. One was that of the ESS Emperor. The other was of noone less than Master Luke Skywalker himself. The third was one he couldn't recognize. But one thing was for sure: the Darkside of the Force radiated from this one and it was strong.

"Report!" The captain barked.
"Both fusion cannons have detonated at full charge. The blast has torn the bow section to shreds. We have countless major breaches in sectors 3 to 8."
"How could that happen?" the captain inqured unsurely. "I thought they were crippled!"
"Animals forced into a corner are especially dangerous." Toth eventually said and stepped out of the shadows. Instantly countless eyes gazed at him, curious, disturbed shocked.
"What are you doing here?" Growled the reptilian Admiral, whom Toth had met during his initial visit with the Emperor. "I remember having you put in a holding cell." Instantly a trio of security guards approached him, their weapons readied. Toth yet remained unimpressed. "You did, but I figured I could be of more use up here." A minor gesture of his hand pulled the blaster rifles out of the guards' grips and let them hover in the air before them. Then he turned to face the Admiral directly. "I suggest you refrain from stopping me" Focussing him he reached out with the Force and touched the man's mind. "and instead provide me with a rundown of recent events." From the Admiral's expression Toth suggested that the man was in parts resistent against mind tricks. The struggle was clearly visible. Eventually though he eventually nodded. It was more a decision rather than the result of Toth's mind trick. "I need to coordinate the battle. Captain Monroe will fill you in."
"Thank you, Admiral." Toth bowed and marched on towards the younger human, who directed him towards a larger sensor screen showing the map of the system. Toth grimaced, as he regarded the tactical screen. What he saw, was by far the largest battle he had ever seen.
"We answered to a distress call coming from the ESS Red Star II" His expression darkened as he pointed at the map. "The dreadnought that has just taken out our primary weapons."
"A trap?" Toth concluded. The captain nodded.
"They had claimed being under attack by numerous factions including renegade ESS ships led by the Traquia. However, when we arrived they themselves turned hostile. The ESS Dominance had followed as well. Their battlegroup arrived about fifteen minutes before us and were instantly attacked."
Toth took a moment to observe the tactical display. There were a total of 8 different battlegroups going at each other. If he interpreted correctly it was pretty much the Sovereign and the Dominance versus the rest. A loosing battle. There was, however, something disturbing about the picture. The two battlegroups were clearly ESS. The opposing forces on the other hand showed numerous different IFF codes, some of which he had never seen before, while others he knew all too well. Amazingly enough these opposing ESS seemed to be fighting alongside the Imperial Remnants and the New Republic. Whoever had set this up he had not only created a credible bait he had also managed to unify factions who would never have joined forces. With this realization came one fundamental question: Why would the ESS fight each other and, which side was the legitimate one?
"We must assume" The captain continued. "that Admiral Firkis is part of the conspiracy that murdered the Emperor." That caught his attention.
"Pardon me?" He inquired, as if his ears had failed him. The Captain lowered his head, an expression of concernment darkened his face.
"The Emperor has been killed earlier today. We learned he was killed by whom he considered closest of friends. As it seems now the conspiracy has a far greater scale than we expected."
"That is strange." Toth commented and gazed onto the screen. "Just before I came on the bridge, I sensed the Emperor nearby."
"That is impossible." the captain frowned. "As far as I know the Emperor's corpse is still on New Cophuran." Toth tilted his head and regarded the captain with growing irritation. Closing his eyes he once again reached out with the Force. Yes, there he was. Unmistakable.
"He is here." Toth said. "If my senses don't fool me, he is aboard the Dominance."
"Oh" the captain made and regarded him for a moment. "It must be the Empress you are sensing."

///////////////////

"Well Miss Qhalic?" For a moment Mryna wondered who would win in a cynism contest. Gyttel and the Cha'Lynh surely knew to use their snout. But the annoyance regarding the sarcastic comments was dwarfed by the irritation that came from a realization: She agreed with Gyttel for once. Well, partially. Indeed, a part of her wanted to go and aid Vince in whatever way she could - that was her heart, her emotional part. The other part, the logical and tactical one, instantly blared up. She had seen both Vince and Shiromy fighting in the throne room. Even with Skywalker at his side Vince would need all his concentration to win this fight, whichever way he was going to win it. Besides, She had a hunch that whatever weapons they might throw at Shiromy was a drop on a hot stone. The best way to help him was to stay out of the way.
There was one more - major - point that stood against leaving the bridge. The Blademaster was wrong. They weren't done here.

"Our orders are to secure the bridge and put an end to the fighting." She adressed the Blademaster, while motioning Kane and Monk to position near the bridge entrance. "We'd be looking pretty bad, if we lost control over it again."
"A part of the team can handle the bridge." The Cha'Lynh insisted. "If the Empress is really as dangerous as the Emperor says -"
"Say no more!" Mryna cut him off. "Or don't you believe our Emperor?" She threw him a suspicious grin, which was instantly answered by an offended glare. He probably hadn't meant it like that, but after his all so sudden reconsideration after Vince's demonstration of power she kept an eye on him. And after all, his two comrades were only stunned. Chances were they'd either ambush them on their way out or take out dragon, once they'd left. Neither of that was a risk she was willing to take.
"Do you question my loyalty?" The blademaster hissed.
"I am the Emperor's Hand." Mryna responded unimpressed. "It is my job to question anybody's loyalty."
"Sirs!" One of the bridge officers eventually said and interrupted the tense conversation. "The Red Star II has confirmed our surrender."
"Good." Darron responded. "Shields?"
"are .... deactivated." Another officer reported with a mixture of reluctance and insecurity. Obviously he didn't feel too well about lowering their shields. Mryna couldn't blame him. Without weapons and shields they were a sitting duck.
"Sirs, Admiral Firkis requests to speak with the commander in charge."
"I knew this was coming." Darron sighed to her right. "Put him on!"

///////////////////

They remained unmoving, staring at each other. Shiromy's eyes seemed to pulse with infernal energy. Vince found himself unsure to interpret her expression. Never had he seen his fallen love like this, glancing with a mixture of wicked glee and twisted anticipation. And yet there was something familiar about it. They both had been sparring with another every now and then in the past, keeping sharp. It was just now that - within this twisted picture of villainy that for the first time since her fall - he recognized a trace of the woman he loved. He remembered Skywalker's words. Whatever happens, do not oppose or attack her! Something told him that the Jedi was wrong this time. He didn't know about their past. He didn't know what the passion of fighting meant to Shiromy. It was now, there an then, that Vince held on to a - logically regarded - insane idea that might just work. A way to bring back the real Shiromy.

As they stood, his expression changed. A sly grin broadened on his face - his eyes narrowing, as he focused her. Clenching his fists he tensened his muscles and reached out with his mind. Once more he sensed the Dreadnought's power, running through the powerlines beneath his feet like blood through a living being's veins. He took a deep breath. And like his lungs drew in the cool air, his body drank that energy. His body tingled as the power pulsed through him and surrounded him in a dim blue aura. He was ready.
Shiromy regarded him for a moment, then a wide grin broadened on her face. She had indeed ached for this fight - after her careless deeds on New Cophuran it seemed miraculously enough that fate would grant her this chance once more. With an almost casual gesture from her the cloud of metal shards burst apart and into walls and ceiling around her like a meteor storm. Reaching into her robes she pulled out a small metal object. "Here!" She said just as casual and tossed it towards him. "I think you lost this!"
Instinctively Vince caught the metal cylinder and regarded it for a moment with a frown. The ribbed black handle and the silvery, wing-like handguards were unconfusable. And he remembered. The Lightsaber was a gift he had received from Mako. He had 'lost' it the moment Shiromy had struck him down. A thrown lightsaber to the heart. And he remembered his last memories from that life. He remembered the expression on her face: anger, shock, desparation. He knew now that it had been an act of desparation rather than a conscious attack.

While he was still regarding the lightsaber in his hand, Shiromy attacked.
But instead of blocking the strike he kept the weapon deactivated. Shielded by the power surrounding him he held up his left arm and blocked the crimson blade with his bare hand. He could feel the singing energy gnawing at him yet his will was strong enough to keep up the barrier that protected him. He had dealth with far greater levels of energy than this. Besides he would not give Darth Pyra the satisfaction to submit him to her fight. He would fight her, but by his way. The way he and Shiromy had been fighting. Holding her gaze he demostratively clipped the saber to his belt. And instantly - from the hip - he shot a gleaming energy blast that sent her flying through the room. With the sound of breaking wood Shiromy hit one of the various pieces of furniture that broke under the hard impact. That one had caught her off-guard. Vince smiled, as he drew more energy from the ship. When Shiromy struggled up she found him enveloped in a shield of blue energy, lightning bolts crawling across his skin, his eyes glowing with pure energy.
His lips were wrinkled to a sly grin, as he threw her a kiss.

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Illion clutched the arms of his chair as a blast from a torpedo rocked the bridge of the Purifier. Taking out Vorak and his people was turning out to be more of a tedious job than he wanted. With the help of what was left of Kareen's battle group, Illion had managed to place his ships so that they cut off the Vipers from the rest of the Mandalorians. This would have normally meant a quick battle but Illion found himself fending off the Mandalorians as well." This has certainly become more trouble than it's worth." Illion muttered more to himself than anyone else, before speaking up. "Captain Tor," Illion made sure he had his second's full attention. " This has gone past the point of being old. Order all ships to fully concentrate all Ion cannons on Vorak's ship. Let's bring this to an end. Once this is over I fully intend to see that Vorak and Kareen answer for this distraction."
"Yes sir." Turning on his heel Tor set about carrying out Illions orders.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Canthas bided his time in his captor's cell. It was most definitely not the first nor the most impressive he'd been kept in. And nost undoubtedly it wouldn't be the last. Getting out wouldn't be too much of a problem. all he had to do was activate the homing beacon that was placed under his furry skin and in no time the newly formed 300th would be there to pull his butt out of the fire. But there was something odd about the whole situation. Why go all out just to get a hold of an archeologist and their dig when there were easier and quieter ways to get old relics? Something didn't sit well here and Canthas was determined to find out what was going on and who was behind it all.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ferris hesitated outside of her mother's room. It had been a long trek getting to Vaynai from Dantooine. Ferris still seethed from the note she'd gotten from her parents ,and her Familiar which perched itself upon her shoulder seemed to reflect that, but that argument would have to wait for another day. For now there were surprises to be had and questions to be answered. Ferris could feel her mother's weariness as she reached for the pressure plate that opened the door. What did her father do to wear on her mother's nerves this time? another question to add to the long list of ones she already possessed. Opening the door, Ferris saw both her mom and Kieyone bent over data terminals going through what looked like tons of ESS Data. Ferris cleared her throat, "I'm home."
Roscha looked up from her terminal wearily and blinked a couple of times as if to make sure her eyes weren't playing tricks on her. Then in one hurried motion she got up to give her daughter a hug, causing the familiar to find another perch on the back of a nearby chair. "Thank the creator you're back. I was worried you'd been...inconvenienced by Shiromy."
"Inconvenienced? Actually you and dad did that. What type of note is : Sorry dear couldn't get a hold of you, moved to Vaynai, see you when you get home love M&R?"
"It was your father's idea." Roscha responded.
"At least he left you a note he usually doesn't do that much for us." Kieyone added.
Ferris shook her head. "But by inconvenienced I 'm guessing you mean Shiromy's current lack of control, and attempted murder of Vince."
For a moment Roscha looked confused before she regained her composure. "Another clone?"
"I would assume so." Ferris shrugged "So where's dad? I have some good news for him."
Roscha shook her head " I don't know where he is. I sent him away with Vince and Shiromy's daughter. He could be anywhere." Then as she got a good look at the creature that had accompanied her daughter in. Roscha took a good look at Ferris and a cold chill ran down her spine. "Ferris just what exactly happened out there while you were training?"

squarehead93
Lieutenant
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:59 pm

"WARNING: TRACTOR BEAM LOCK. WARNING: TRACTOR BEAM LOCK...," MJOLNIR echoed.
"Shit, really?" said Vorak sarcastically as the Free Bird buckled under the stress of the Purifier's tractor beam. "Let's try the old 'dump a couple torpedoes and run' trick."
"Grohhr!" Charbacca blurted.
"What now?" barked Vorak.
"Orrgrrrowhrr hrowwr hrrrr..."
"Char's got a point," said the comms officer. "With that interdictor still in play, we're not going anywhere, but it's within range of our launchers..."
Vorak sighed. He wasn't the noblest of beings and didn't pretend like he was, but he wasn't going to see his outgunned fleet ripped to shreds.
"Fine" he saidin a reluctant but accepting tone. "Target that Interdictor's gravity wells and tell the fleet to make a run for it."
"What about us, boss?" said the comms officer.
What about us? Vorak thought. The Free Bird's crew was hand-picked by Vorak. They were the best of the best and many of them had a pesronal relationship with him going way back. He siged even heavier this time. Once again, he was going against his nature to save his people.
"I'll get in an escape pod. The Empire will have little doubt that it will be me, and they'll focus their tractor beam on me. When that happens, you run like hell, okay?"
"but.." one of the men protested.
"That's an order! Now prepare to fire on my mark."
Holographic target-lock indicators appeared on the Interdictor's gravity wells.
"Fire!"
Hidden racks of advanced torpedoes popped out from the hull and launched a storm of torpedoes at the Interdictor. The cruiser was unable to stop them as they slammed into the gravity well genereators.
Vorak looked out of the viewport as his fleet wasted no time slipping into hyperspace. He sighed once more and headed for the escape pod bay, but stopped for a moment.
"Char?"
"Grr?"
"Take good care of everyone, okay?"
He walked doen the cramped ship's corridor until he reached an escape pod. Once inside, he sealed it and hit LAUNCH. WHOOSH!!! The pod speed off and the Free Bird grew smaller. He felt the tractor beam grab his pod and watched as his ship sped away to hyperspace.
He hoped he was doing the right thing in the long run, because right now he felt like an idiot.
Wielder of The Spatula

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:45 pm

"I have a bad feeling about this!" the Cha'Lynh snarled. Mryna sighed. Even though she forced herself to keep a clear head the part of her worrying about Vince grew louder and more vehement.
"Fine!" She eventually said. "We'll have a look." Approaching one of the security terminals she keyed one of her Executor clearance code and soon after the flickering image of teh royal quarters flashed across the screen. A shocked gasp ran through the bridge and even Mryna could only wince and gaze in amazement at the scenery. Vince and Shiromy were whizzing and dashing across the room. Bouncing off walls, floor and ceiling like a pair of rubber balls they consequently ignored the most fundamental laws of physics, all awhile firing energy blasts at one another in rapid succession. Jedi Master Luke Skywalker was standing back watching the bizarre dance, occassionally sidesteppin stray-fired energy blasts. Apart from that he didn't interfere. Was he only waiting? Waiting for Darth Pyra to show signs of fatigue? Waiting for a brief moment of distraction to land one focussed fatal blow? Was he that type of guy? No, probably not. She had read his bio at some point, which had revealed him to be pretty much the most straight-forward person there was in the whole galaxy. He just didn't have that vicious streak.
"See?" Mryna eventually said, when she was able to speak again. "We'd pe bretty out of place up there."

////////////////

Shiromy Gitann could not remember the last time she had fought a battle as intense as this one. Even her sparrings with young Ferris on Dromund Kaas had been in no way near this fight. Even though she had the potential Ferris had never dared to unleash her powers to win a fight. She had always held back, no matter what she migth claim. Vince didn't hold back. Throwing a variety of melee attacks and energy blasts at each other in a constant flow of attacks each of them made sure the other would have no time to breathe.

Vince Trageton, the man who had been powerful enough to all but wipe out the Keeper race. The man whom she had loved and whom she had killed. He had done it again, He had once again cheated death and gone his path with unbreakable determination and a complete and utter disregard for the dangers that came with his actions, all awhile planning his keen strikes with marticulous precision and foresight, attributes that had enabled him to win wars and topple governments as if it were his daily bread. Calm and cunning while bold and resolved, the attributes that had made him so desirable for her.
The image of a gleaming green-white energy blast coming towards her at near lightspeed tore her out of her ponderings. It was too late to evade already, so she held out her hands and pushed. The Force slammed onto the sphere like a solid wall - resulting in it bursting into a blinding white flash. Instinctively Shiromy covered her face from the explosion.
Damnit! she cursed silently, fighting to get back a clear sight. The blast had numbed not only her senses, even the weave of the Force itself seemed disturbed around her.
'He is stronger than we thought.' she heard a fimiliar voice sizzling in her head.
'Stronger than you thought!' Shiromy corrected. By now she had realized that even Darth Revan's view had not gone much further beyond the horizons of the Force. Despite the former Sith Lady's wisdom and knowledge many of the aspects Shiromy and Vince had been practicing for years were yet foreign to her. How narrow-minded!
'If you knew how powerful he was, why didn't you finish him off properly?'
'It was my choice not to.' She replied stubbornly. She had grown weary from her mistress' scoldings. Revan might have been a great Sith once but that had been another time.
'Then you have learned nothing!' Revan sighed annoyedly. 'Only an unconditional and absolute victory is a true victory.'
'That was no victory.' Shiromy argued dismissively. 'It wasn't even a real fight.'
'Don't be foolish!' Revan chided. 'It was a fight by the books. You bested him and should have taken your price.'
'THIS is a fight.' Shiromy pointed out. 'Vince did the only right thing when he took it to this level! He is now a worthy opponent.'
'An opponent who might kill you!' Revan reminded her and a menacing tone accompanied her words. 'By allowing this to happen you are digging your own grave.'
'I am a Warrior!' Shiromy declared defiantly. 'The only true and worthy fight is that against a worthy opponent!'
'You are a fool, that's what you are!' By now the anger in Revan's voice had turned into pure distaste. 'I get the feeling you're not taking this as serious as you should.' A feeling of unrest spread in her - a dark premonition of what the Sith spirit was up to. She had suffered the mental torture more than once for disobeying her mistress. Gruesome visions of pain and suffering that drove her near the edge of insanity. By now she had learened to endure - even suppress the pain, but with each success Revan would only take the torment a step further. But she in turn would resist once again.
'When we first met I told you that to become a true Sith you would have to submit to our ways. Now it seems that with your new powers, you have little regard for my words or our ways anymore. I see now that training you was a mistake.' The sizzling voice rumbled through her head like a wall of fire. Once again Shiromy felt the flames creeping up around her, gnawing at her skin and flesh. But this time she wouldn't give in. She had endured Revan's games long enough. This time it was her turn. Focussing her mind she fought back the pain and the flames died down. She was strong - stronger than Revan.
'I have sacrificed a lot to get to this point! I had to earn your trust in teaching me what I wanted to learn.' Now Shiromy focussed her power. Revan might have had some control over her but only because she allowed her to. And now the so-called symbiosis between them had reached the end of its worth. 'I have learned what I wanted.' She said decisively. 'I am no longer your apprentice.' The Sith Lady's presence grew within the back of her mind, clouding her own. A boiling source of pure fury.
'You will not betray me, Shiromy Gitann!' Revan's voice almost trembled of anger. And with each moment passing this anger weakened her grip.
'I already have.' Shiromy stated emotionlessly. Slowly, almost demonstratively she unfolded her will and bit by bit loosened the Sith spirit's grip around her mind. 'That's the way of the Sith, isn't it?' Slowly Revan's anger turned into frustration - and panic. She knew now that Shiromy was stronger than she had pretended. And she knew that Shiromy could - and would end her existence once and for all.
Revan's reaction was more violent than she had expected.

////////////////

The scream seemed to split his skull and tear down the walls around them. Shiromy was clutching her head in mortal agony, breaking down to her knees. Vince gazed at her, almost paralyzed by the shock and horror. And guilt crept up his mind. Had he gone too far? The last blow would have been deadly to any ordinary being. For a moment it had seemed that Shiromy would withstand the explosion, yet suddenly her expression had turned, blank, gazing somewhere far away - and then the scream.
"Shiromy!" he cried out, and set off towards her.
He had half-crossed the room, when her head shot up. When her gaze met his, Vince felt his heart drop. During their fight Vince had had the impression that it had indeed resurfaced parts of the true Shiromy. The distorted face that now gazed at him, seemed the impersonation of the darkside itself. Burning yellow pupils in bloodshot eyes gleamed within a distorted expression of pure hatred, worse than he had ever seen it before, an abomination of the woman he had loved. Suddenly her face changed. For a moment the firy glow turned into a bright green. A mixture of tension and surprise played over her face, as if she had awakened from a nightmare.
"Stay back!" She coughed gazing at him.
"Shiromy ... please!" he begged. "Let me help you!"
"You ... already have" She said, as if with extreme efforts. And yet for a brief moment her eyes and expressen were clear. "Now I must finish this myself." Then her vision blanked again. Her entire body tensened. Her aura was pulsing like a star that was becoming instable. Whatever struggle was going on in her mind it was beyond anything he had ever seen.
"Her mind is .... split" he heard Skywalker's voice. Slowly, carefully the jedi came towards him, always watching the paralyzed Shiromy. "She struggles with herself." Vince gazed at the woman he loved. Even her body seemed to fight with the darkside version of itself as the distorted darkside expressions came and went. "Whatever you have done, it has caused her true self to resurface and challenge the dark presence."
"Can we help her?" Vince forwned. The confrontation with the 'true' Shiromy had given him new hope and yet it had increased his fear for her. He had never battled a foe within himself. Even the Ydaa training didn't prepare him for this. Helplessly he stared at her. Her body was trembling, under the infernal battle that raged within. The waves of power surrounded her like a glowing corona. All that power and yet she now seemed so vulnerable....

Then came the shockwave. Vince was caught off-guard and slammed into the wall behind him. The ugly sound of cracking bones slowly made it to his ears. The pain took much longer, as the shock from the impact almost knocked him out. Collapsing to the floor Vince weakly supported himself and gazed up. Shiromy was kneeling on the opposite side of the room almost like a mirror image of himself. Slowly she, too, looked up. Her face was pale, exhausted, as if every single muscle in her body had exerted itself to the limits of its capability and was now loosing all tension.
"Shiromy!" He pressed and tried to rise to his feet. But he didn't get too far, before a wave of pain from his crushed spine overwhelmed him. His vision blurred and he dropped back to the floor again.

"You idiot!" She whispered. Her voice was hoarse and toneless. Through his glassy eyes he could barely see her expression - it was hardening. A wave of horror washed over him. He had failed again. Slowly he felt his grip to consciousness slipping.
"I told you to stay back! Why don't you ever listen to me?"
Had she just scolded him?

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:50 pm

"Orders, Admiral?"
Marcus Pitto took his time in replying. In truth, he did not know what to do. His fleet stood in a holding action, but they had been pushed to the rearguard, battered and bruised. Many of his crew had been on duty well past a double shift, and they were all exhausted. Only the pilots of Spectre Squadron seemed able to tap into some energy reserve and carry on fighting. The ESS forces were, for all intents and purposes, in retreat. Their fighters had pulled back to defend the wounded and outnumbered crusiers; a final few were engaged in a tired dogfight with the Spectres, who themselves were protecting an escape route they knew was probably no longer needed.
Pitto would have given everything just to turn tail and run from Calim, but he knew he couldn't. Even neglecting the Imperial forces still groundside, he had scored a victory here. The Empire had taken a planet for the first time in too long, and Pitto was not simply going to let it slip away again. The Admiral sighed inwardly, he knew that Moff Dralin would probably not be overly happy with him. He had once again consigned the bulk of his fleet to the repair bays, once again suffered casualties for minimal gain. Worse, he had mired the political stance of his Empire. The alliance with the New Republic and the forces of Emperor Trageton, however temporary, was a sign of weakness. It was a sign that the Empire's embittered beauracracy and stretched resources had not allowed him to call for the reinforcements that would have secured an unassisted victory. Worse, he had shown his enemy a personal weakness. He had let himself become too focused on avenging himself upon an individual. He had been relentless to the point of being over zealous, and it had cost him dearly.
But as he peered out at distant flashes of light, and the dimly lit bulk of nearby cruisers, he realised he could take something from Calim. Finally, he had regained some direction.
"Your orders are intelligence gathering." He said eventually. "Scan everything in the area, run every computer analysis you can. I want to find out as much about the arrayed forces here as possible. Study formations, engine perfomance, weapon-shield interactions. Record everything. Things are simmering down out there, and the other forces no longer have anything to gain here. We're staying put. We wait for them to leave, we lick our wounds and we bring all our forces back."
"Aye, sir."

"Ray," Darron said, his voice worn, "what can I do for you?"
"So you are still on the Dominance," Firkis stated brusquely, "you see I was a little confused. What with it just sitting there defenceless, I figured you'd turned tail on us again and left it a sitting duck for the Empire! What the hell are you doing?"
"It's a gesture of surrender, and a precaution to dissuade any trigger happy gunners aboard who may not be quite up to the pace as regards our leadership situation."
"That's dangerous, Darron, we can't trust anyone out there. And the Dominance is a hell of a prize."
"Indeed, I agree with you. But of the arrayed forces, one is the New Republic - an ally for one thing - who wouldn't know what to do with the Dominance even if we gift wrapped her and sent her with an instruction manual. There's the Empire, who yes as a political enemy can't be trusted, but they're represented by a tiny little task force who are too busy patching up the holes in their hull and hiding behind bigger ships to be a threat. The newcomers I suspect are content with their oversized ship. The battle's all but over Ray, now we just wait to see who walks out as Emperor."
"And if we've backed the wrong horse?"
"Then I set this ship to fly into that sizable sun over there, and have Mrna here fly me safely aboard your ship. I'd like to see our dear Shiromy escape from that!"

Drake26
Lieutenant JG
Bounty Hunter

Post by Drake26 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:34 am

Hysteria finally broke through the shock consuming Kyaara's mind, and she let out an unintelligible shout and tried to dive through the scying pool, as if it would bring her to the other side. Mid dive, her screams cut out and David caught her now sleeping form. At a questioning look from Mako, he shrugged. "I bet there are millions of babysitters out there who wish they had that spell at their disposal. Hmmm... Maybe I can market it..." After a glance back at the scying pool he added, "And it looks like they've got that figured out." And with a pop they were on the Dominance.
David immediately strode over to Vince, casting healing spells as he went. There was some cracking and popping as bones knitted, and VInce winced, then slowly stood up, turning to face David. "I suppose I should thank you?"
David shook his head. "Don't bother, this is purely out of self interest," he said as he handed Kyaara over, "Due to my poor babysitting skills, she got to witness the whole thing, and is sure to return to being hysterical when she wakes up. And since you're no longer incapacitated, you get to be the one to calm her down."
Vince's face adopted a look of mild horror. "In that case, are you sure you can't un-heal me?"
"And stick me with the job again? Not likely."
Proud owner of the Almighty Frying Pan of Hugeness (Doom) or AFPoH(D)

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:26 am

"Move!" Mryna barked urgently, as the strike team raced through the corridors. When the shockwave had knocked out everyone within the Emperor's chamber, Mryna had decided to take actions - directing her squad to the royal quarters, while Darron, Jack and the Cha'Lynh had stayed back to maintain bridge ops. On their way out, Gyttel had made sure the two remaining Cha'Lynh would stay out of action for just a while longer. Mryna hadn't argued with him even though she could almost sense his glee, when he had knocked them out. They were now nearing the quarters. With a few gestures Mryna coordinated the squad. Kane and Monk would move in first and assess the situation, making way for her and Gyttel. Swiftly and silently they invaded the royal quarters. What they found however, was quite different from what she had last witnessed through the security feed. Vince - apparently unharmed, was standing in the middle of the room, carrying crown princess Kyaara's sleeping form and conferring with somebody, who hadn't been there before. When Mryna finally recognized David Rain all the confusion and surprise vanished within an instant and she could all but roll her eyes. Rain had done his stunt again.

Skywalker was further at the back of the chamber, still recovering from the shockwave that had slammed him against the wall. Shiromy Gitann was cowering to their right. The environment around her was devastated from the blast. She herself seemed exhausted, paralyzed, but otherwise unharmed.

Quickly Mryna directed Kane and Monk to check the jedi and motioned Gyttel to follow her, as she approached Vince, always watching Shiromy, blasters ready in hand. Eventually Vince noticed them coming and nodded. Rain, too, took noticed and grinned.
"Seems like the cavalry has arrived." He commnted. "You have things under control here?"
"Probably." Vince nodded. "Again, thanks for saving my skin."
"Anytime!" Rain shrugged - and disappeared.
"I hate it, when he does that!" Mryna murmured. "It makes things much less calculable."
"As if this whole mess were anywhere near calculable." Gyttel next to her snarled.
"You'd be surprised how many things can be calculated if you have a high-performance logics chip linked to your brain."
A motion to her right caught her attention and within the instant Mryna's and Gyttel's blasters swung around, where Shiromy Gitann slowly began to move. Vince, too, turned, but still carrying Kyaara he didn't make any further movements.

Mryna's grip tightened, ready to react to whatever Shiromy might throw at them. Slowly the Empress raised her head and looked at them. Mryna felt somewhat relieved, when she noticed the face that looked at her was the one she had known before the whole escalation. Well, mostly. Whatever fight she had fought inside had put a heavy strain on her, as if she had aged by a good decade within the past few hours. Tired green eyes looked up - but not at her.

////////////////

Shiromy whinced at the sight of the sleeping child that Vince held in his arms. Through the blurr it took her a moment to recognize her. Her weary lips began to move and formed a single whispered word.
"Kyaara."
Hold on to that thought! She heard a voice inside her head. A trace of horror shot down her spine. Had Revan survived after all? But now. The voice was different. Calm, soft, gentle. She had heard it before - as well as what it said... That's the spark of light that may one day save your life!

////////////////

Vince regarded the sleeping form of his daughter in his arms. It seemed as if he hadn't seen her for an eternity. His gaze met Shiromy's. Slowly her eyes turned moist as she seemed to reflect the mass of events that had taken place.
"Vince ..." She whispered, a trace of fear in her voice, as she noticed his stern gaze. "What is going to happen?"
"I wish I knew." Vince said honestly and frowned. In fact, he hadn't really thought about it so far. Now as he did, he found himself confronted with some heavy facts and decisions to make. "I love you!" He said vehemently. "But the things you have done are of far greater weight as that we could just overlook them." Even he did, many others wouldn't. "I have no choice."
"Actually" a voice behind him coughed. Turning around he found Skywalker. Supported by Kane and Monk he came staggering towards them. "By New Republic laws, darkside corruption is considered mitigating circumstances, as the accused is not fully responsible for his deeds. In such a case the Jedi Order has the option to execute a right of conscription. The convicts are taken to the Jedi Academy where they are cured from their darkside corruption. In your case I would highly recommend such a way of proceeding. I have seen how capable you are. But the darkside is still strong in you."
"But ... I have defeated Revan's spirit!" Shiromy insisted. "She does no longer control me!"
"This is a dangerous point for you." The jedi insisted. "Your mind may be your own again but the taint of the darkside is still present within you, making you instable. Without the proper guidance you may falter again. Let us help you!"
"Help me?" Shiromy spat spitefully. "Stripping me of all my emotions for the sake of peace? Is that what you call help?"
Skywalker sighed. "Looks like the old Sith prejudices towards the Jedi haven't changed through the past centuries. We're way past the times where emotions were considered a bad thing."
"Please, Shiromy!" Vince insisted. "This incident has called many influencial people onto the plate. And they all want you sentenced and brought to justice. This is the only way I can prevent this."
"Politics?!" Shiromy gazed at him incredulously and a wave of mild anger darkened her face. "You're doing this for politics?"
"There's more to this, Shiromy." Vince argued. "I must know ... " His voice stuck, as he struggled for the right words. "... that I can trust you again."
Slowly her expression changed. Fear, guilt and sorrow grew stronger. "I love you." She whispered.
"I love you, too, Shiromy!" He said, and his voice started to tremble as he made a decision. "and I will be waiting for you, when you return." Looking around he steped away from her and, after taking a deep and heavy breath spoke again with solid voice. "I hereby declare that you are to be brought to the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV, where you will be placed under the attention and guidance of the Jedi Order." Then he nodded towards Skywalker and Mryna. "Take her away."

////////////////

The message was broadcasted all throughout the Calim System. It was signed with the royal insignia of the Emperor of the Seven Suns, commanding all ESS vessels present to cease fire and return to standard holding formation.
"What is this?" Admiral Rhitargo hissed, as the message came through the Sovereign's comm system.
"It's a cease fire order, Sir!" Captain Monroe replied with mild confusion.
"From the Emperor himself." Toth added and crossed his arms.
"Impossible!" Rhitargo snarled. "The Emperor is dead!"
"I am telling you he isn't." Toth argued. "He, as well as the Empress are aboard the Domimance." and Master Skywalker, too. he thought to himself. A mystery yet to be unveiled
"It must be a fake!" Rhitargo insisted and slammed onto his console. " Somebody aboard the Dominance wants us to let our guard down! Captain, assemble a strike team and notify the Dominance that they have traitors aboard."
Toth finally lost patience with the man. He didn't mind that people not familiar with the Force might argue with his findings, but the actions of this supreme Commander were increasingly irrational - and dangerous. Focussing all his will in the Force he touched the man's mind. A moment later Admiral Rhitargo dropped into his chair, uncoscious.
"What have you done to him?" Monroe questioned, slightly unsure of how to react.
"The Admiral has been under a lot of stress lately." Toth explained and touched the Captain's mind with the Force. "He needs some rest."
"The Admiral needs some rest." Monroe repeated and motioned two bridge officers. "Take him to his quarters. As they carried him away Monroe proceeded to give out orders. "Comm, acknowledge the order. Fleet ops, have all ships return to formation and await further orders." Then he turned to Toth. "I hope your faith in the Force is justified."

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:52 am

Roscha continued to study the familiar that perched itself on the back of a nearby chair as her daughter did a full recount of her Sith training with the now twisted Shiromy. The familiar was fashioned after the raven, Mako's original family crest. When Ferris came to a pause Roscha took the moment to compliment her daughter. "I see you figured out how to bring inanimate lifeforms to life as well as making them into your familiar. Good job."
"Actually," Ferris had her eyes downcast towards her feet, "I'm rather surprised you couldn't do it yourself mother."
Roscha arched an eyebrow. "Oh?"
"Yes." Ferris produced the scroll that held the teachings on how to create familiars from one of her pants cargo pockets.Unrolling it she showed it to her mother. "Do you see it?
Roscha scanned the scroll looking for what Ferris was talking about, before finally shaking her head. "It's just ancient Sith writing."
"You don't see it? Here?" Pointing out the section on the scroll to which she was referring. Ferris watched as her mother's expression gave way to confusion.
"That's not regular Sith writing." Roscha said shaking her head. "It's familiar somehow but...."
Ferris let out a sigh of exasperation. "Really Mom? You don't recognize that writing?! You've been fighting them for so long that you don't even recognize their writing which is plastered over every ship that they have attacked us with?!"
Roscha looked again at the writing. It wasn't like any Keeper writing that She'd ever seen and yet.... Then it fell into place as she remembered an extremely ancient set of Keeper writings that Mako had found on Garvingia. what she was looking at was an older version of the Keeper language not used for fifteen thousand years.A language that had even then seemed extremely familiar to her, but she could never put her finger on as to why, so she had dismissed it long ago. Not here it was again but mingled with Sith writing and what really amazed her was that Ferris was able to dis cipher it without ever having seen any of the ancient scrolls. "How did you.."
"Figure it out?" Ferris finished for her mother. Then she shrugged. "I just looked at it long enough and it became..clear. And it caused me to search out other writings and teachings like this one. Guess were that led me?"
"Garvingia?" Roscha answered.
"That's right. Right where some rather old and endearing friends were. Doing what I have no idea."
At the sound of that Roscha's complexion drained of all color. Which brought a slight smile to Ferris' face. "I'm glad you find that so amusing." Roscha scorned
"Relax Mother I'm here right, besides they weren't the only ones I found."
"What?"
"I also found them." Hitting a few keys on her personal communicator Ferris brought up their holoimages of Raynes and Hudson.as they were getting examined in med.
Looking up Raynes was the first to speak. "Hey there."
"Are you really?" Roscha said barely above a whisper.
"Alive? Raynes finished. "Looks that way." Roscha started to ask more questions but Raynes cut her off. "Hey visit with your daughter first we'll catch up with you as soon as we're done here. Till then." then the link was cut.
"OK," Roscha said trying to get her mind clear. So you ran into some Keepers, and found Raynes and Hudson along the way. But even with their help you shouldn't have been able to get away easily and unscathed."
"Oh don't get me wrong," Ferris assured her mother, "they tried to do me in but I found that I have some rather unique abilities."
"Unique? How?"
Concentrating Ferris got her hands to glow. Roscha's breath caught in her throat and she was forced to sit down as her knees gave out. this was something that she had hoped that would not happen to her own child.
"With these hands I was able to tear the very thoughts from a Keepers mind, And for the first time in eons they knew true fear and screamed."
Roscha remembered well the recent screams that could be both felt and heard. "That was you?"
Ferris nodded. "That's not all. I found the ruins that dad used to talk about and when I explored them I found reference to a race called the Elfar" Ferris didn't think it possible but her mother actually got whiter. "Is there something you want to tell me mother?"
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
Illion was relieved to finally be back on his way home. It seemed like forever since he'd been back on Bastion. Illion sat calmly in his Captain's chair as his star destroyer hurtled through hyperspace. Even though his investigation of the Kaos Coalition had been cut short, he still had a rather small trophy in Jym Vorak to present to Moff Dralin.
As well as successfully bringing in General Kareen would help to assuage his feelings of failure. Then suddenly the spiral of hyperspace gave way to star lines then a star field with Bastion taking up the forward view-screen. Soon Illion would be home and Vorak and Kareen would be soon answering for their actions.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:16 am

The holographic image showed an old man with a tired face. Undoubtedly the events of the past 48 hours had gnawed on Admiral Pitto as they had worn down everyone within the Calim System. After all ships had confirmed the cease fire command Vince had contacted the assembled supreme commanders and briefly summarized the situation, clearing up whatever misunderstandings might have occurred. Now it was time to contact their temporary allies.
"Emperor Trageton, is it?" The man asked, "Congratilations on regaining your rule!" Pleasantries. At a different time Vince would have been amused about the hurt these words caused the man. Marcus Pitto had been one of the first to witness the beginning of the hostilities between the two Empires, which Shiromy had caused so carelessly. This was personal for him.
"Thank you, Admiral" Vince appreciated. "I am also grateful for your support in the recent battle."
"I take it you were successful in defeating Darth Pyra then?"
Vince nodded. "I was. The threat she posed has been neutralized." He still couldn't believe himself talking about Shiromy as though she were a common enemy. It just wasn't right.
"So she is ..." Pitto started but Vince cut him off quickly.
"My wife has been placed under the attention of the New Jedi Order, where she will receive corrective measures."
"You let her go?" The admiral questioned, a mixture of surprise and suppressed anger wrinkling his face.
"Master Skywalker exerted the right of conscription." Vince half-lied. "I had little choice but to comply."
"I see." Pitto said grimly. Vince felt slight satisfaction. It was clear that the man would rather have Shiromy sentenced and a solution such as this displeased him greatly. "I will have to report this to the Moff council. Which brings me to next question. Prior to this 'battle' Admiral Larcoon assured me save passage out of the system. I expect the ESS live up to his word?"
"I am a man of honor, Admiral" Vince stated firmly, as though the words offended him. "You are free to leave this System. And to further show my appreciation for what you have risked here, I will arrange for the Imperial officers in ESS custody to be released and transferred back to you."
"In exchange for Admiral Larcoon, I suspect?"
"Admiral Larcoon has always been a close friend." Vince disclaimed. "Returning to his people was his own choice and doing."
"Of course." Pitto stated emotionlessly. Probably the most elegant way to only so much cover his disbelief.
"No, I was rather thinking of the surviving crews of Task Force Revan." Vince said and his eyes narrowed. "I understand that Vice Admiral Connor is currently guest aboard your ship."
"I see your point, Emperor. But I am afraid I cannot do that without authorization from the Moff council." Pitto evaded, once again devoid of any emotion. How convenient! Vince thought.
"I understand." Vince said. "Then I suggest that in the meantime Major Gyttel remains with us, as an observer and representative of the EMpire. Maybe this might be an opportunities for our two governments to get in touch with each other, don't you think?"
The other man opened his mouth yet closed it again and nodded silently. He knew that it was justified for them to keep the Commando as an insurrance, especially on the background of Vince letting the rest of his fleet leave in peace. And maybe he was even hoping his agent could gather some more information during his stay.
"Now, If you'll excuse me. I need to make preparations for my return to New Cophuran. You are free to leave, Admiral Pitto. Until next time."

When the hologram faded Vince found Darron's questioning gaze lasting upon him. "Keeping Gyttel as insurrance? I thought you wanted to improve relations with the Empire?"
"I do." With a wave he motioned Darron to follow him. "In fact I don't know how much of what has happened here did so with the Council knowing and approving."
"Then why would he refer to them now?" Darron argued. Vince folded his hands. Vince doubted it was only convenience to not having to make this decision. Pitto was in an unfortunate position. He knew that defying Vince openly now would cause him trouble. But there was more to his evation, Vince was certain about this.
"Pitto is stalling. He could most certainly arrange for the prisoners to be released. If I had to guess he's probably sent out infiltrators to extract his men."
Darron was not satisfied yet. "Maybe. However, I don't see how holding Gyttel hostage will improve our negotiation position with the Moff Council."
"They're politicians, Darron." Vince said. "Businessmen. To them hostages are as much a currency as anything else of value. As long as you have something to bargain, they'll be happy to negotiate."
"And if that doesn't work?" Darron insisted. "What about the hardliners? What if they'll just abandon Gyttel?"
"The war with us has cost them dearly. We may have suffered losses, but so have they. And our treaties with thew Republic haven't made their position any easier. If they keep up this war, they''ll eventually find themselves on the loosing end and they know that. They will negotiate, if given the chance." Vince threw him a smug grin, as they left the bridge. "if not, they're not the only ones in this galaxy to employ infiltrators."

The walk from the Dominance's bridge towards the turbolift nexus was a silent one. Only when the turbolift door shut behind them Darron spoke again.
"Have politics always been that ugly?" his friend eventually queried. He noticed the growing worry on Darron's face. No doubt the man had hoped for a more smooth way of 'improving relationships'. Vince offered him a warm smile and nodded.
"For as long as I can think, yes. From what I can remember from UPA sessions and from what my father used to tell me, politics have allways been a slaughter of its own kind...." His voice trailed off, as he recalled something. Shiromy had once said that there was no greater battlefield than politics. How true it was. "That's why I had kept out of it for so long - until Shiromy started declaring war to random people."
Darron couldn't help but chuckle. "You're kidding ... right?"
"I'm not." Vince insisted and his tone grew serious. "The War with the Empire started on Nar Shaddaa. Shiromy was overseeing the Task Force. She has allways been a great warrior, inspiring to others. But ... never a leader." He sighed and whinced away a tear. "I should have seen this earlier. I could have prevented many things from happening - including this." He gazed into the void. Suddenly he found himself weary and tired. "I guess I'm getting older after all."

////////////////

Mryna, Jack and Gyttel watched as Skywalker led Shiromy into the waiting starship. Mryna had dispatched one of the 7 CSX-600 Corvettes that were assigned to her personal flotilla. Finally Mryna felt something like relief. From now on Shiromy Gitann would be concern of the Jedi Order, no longer theirs.
"Mission accomplished." Jack commented, when the ghostly ship lifted off the spacious hangar deck and join the rest of the New Republic fleet waiting in the distance.
"And all with minimal casualties." Gyttel added dryly. "I'm torn between being impressed and disappointed."
Mryna chuckled and threw him a cockeyed smile. "We could always go back to you chasing me across the galaxy."
"Yes, that was fun!" Jack threw in lightheartedly. Just then a message flashed across her vision. Mild surprise made her raise an eybrow just so much to catch Gyttel's attention.
"What is it?"
"Looks like the the Imperial Fleet is preparing to leave." she summarized the message. Beneath his helmet Gyttel surely frowned.
"Well, I suppose it's time for me to depart then." the commando suggested. "If you would bring me to my ship."
"Hmm." Mryna made and continued reading the information. "Looks like they're leaving without you." Just then the rear blast door to the turbolift nexus opened revealing Vince and Darron entering the hangar. Gently she laid a hand on his shoulder. "Come, I think the Emperor wants to speak to you in person."

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Marcus Pitto groaned faintly as the transmission cut. He knew he had no other choice, that he had no justification to have done things differently. As valuable as Gyttel was to the Empire, he was just one commando. A senior one, perhaps. An well regarded advisor, maybe. But the one thing the Empire could still produce was polished troops. In six months, the Academy on Bastion would turn out a dozen replacements. Whether they would be quite as capable as Gyttel was a question not easily answered, after all, there was no subsititute for experience.
Pitto knew his reaction was personal, and he knew that simply did not sit with the military protocols he was sworn to uphold. He knew that Gyttel could handle himself, and that he could turn any harm done to him into just cause for bringing the full force of the Empire down on the ESS. But none of that made the responsibility of the decision any more comfortable.
Instead, Pitto decided to concentrate on the positives he could take from the day. He had extended the Empire's territory somewhat, albeit with a largely worthless system. Still, it was something no commander had been able to achieve in a while, and should prove to be a morale boost among his forces. Once the assembled forces had finally dispersed, he could call in tugs to pull the wreckage of the Overlod to a shipyard, and bring in repair teams to get the Subjugator moving again. That would leave a bitter taste in their supposed victory. While casualties on the Overlord were light, relative to the damage she had sustained, all those deaths still bore a sizeable weight on Pitto's mind. Worse, there was no one he could make pay for it, no retribution to be had.
"Orders, sir?" A crewman asked from the crew pit.
"We dig in." Pitto sighed, "I'll report to the Moff Council, and we see about fortifying this world as an outpost. That means bringing in prefab structures. Comms, get on to Logistics Command about that."
"Aye, sir."
"Call in a transport to get the prisoners back to Bastion. Stress that I want them treated well. They've cost us too much for us to squander."
Pitto let out a slow breath. Things were coming to a head, but they were now entering the calm before the storm. And Pitto knew he had best savour it while it lasted.

Gyttel's steps behind Mryna were slow. Though he had come face to face with Vince Trageton earlier, that was as a rebel pilot about to infiltrate an enemy stronghold; a comrade in arms. This was the Emperor Trageton, restored to his full glory and authority. There was very little in the galaxy to make Gyttel nervous, but this was one of them. He had seen enough of the blue-skinned warlord to know that it was possible his power rivalled that said to be wielded by his own one time emperor, and that his forces were just as committed and devoted to him. And now he was the man's prisoner in all but name. He had endured captivity before, but this was to be different. So long as he went into this with his head in the right place, and his training in mind, perhaps he could even learn a little something from this.
One thing was for sure, no matter how long this lasted, days, weeks, months... it would prove interesting.