Star Tours Starspeeder 1000 OPT beta

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Star Tours Starspeeder 1000 OPT beta

TheMidi-ChlorianHoax
Cadet 4th Class

Post by TheMidi-ChlorianHoax » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:45 pm

Hi, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section. I read somewhere that someone wanted a Starspeeder for XWA (ages ago) and since that ship would totally fit in the game I tried to make my own from scratch.
It's not the best OPT ever obs, I tried to aim for the default opts' quality at least but I'll let you judge. So far I only have an exterior OPT. I'll probably make more paintjobs, try to make the droid rotate its head and improve some things and add a cockpit later. But I just wanted to at least release this one in case anyone wants it.
screenshot.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TheMidi-ChlorianHoax on Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:42 am

Nice job. Looks pretty good! :)

Billman
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Billman » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:02 pm

This is my third attempt at posting a Thank You. Hope it works this time. But yeah, that was me a while back begging for a Star Speeder mod. I've wanted this one forever! I used to hack a Lambda Shuttle into the original X-Wing on DOS and play as Star Tours. And this is way better than I could have ever expected for X-Wing Alliance! Thank you so much! I've been flying this thing around in skirmish mode all night. I'm attempting to figure out how to add other textures for the Air Alderaan, Bespin, Tatooine, and Naboo spacelines for variety. Then I'm gonna randomly insert them into the main game using the mission editor. Seriously, this is amazing!

RogueLeader2357
Rebel Alliance

Post by RogueLeader2357 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:49 pm

It looks just like the real thing from the attraction at Disney World. Great work!
"Rogue Leader, standing by."

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:50 pm

If you want more reference material, TheMidi, I have collected some of both versions of the ship in the last year.

CountBuggula
Recruit

Post by CountBuggula » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Haha! This is awesome! I've been trying to convince the FotG team to include this craft as an easter egg for years! Sadly, so far I'm the only team member that doesn't absolutely hate the craft with their whole soul. Since you actually made it though, maybe I can convince zookeeper to import it for us. That is if you'd give us permission to use it, of course.