Looking for NCA v1.2 and New Craft Add v1.2 patch

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Looking for NCA v1.2 and New Craft Add v1.2 patch

Destex
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Destex » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:58 am

Hello all, I would like to play the Black Sun Syndicate campaign but I can't seem to find the NCA requirement.

I'm also interested in playing Talon squadron: Unexpected partnership and can't seem to find New Craft Add v1.2 patch.

Can someone help?
:hilfe:

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:28 am

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Destex
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Destex » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:41 pm

Thanks Darksaber, silly me for not looking for it on the same website I found the campaigns on...
However, when I attempt to install NCA, I get this error message: D:\GOG Games\Star Wars - X-Wing Alliance\strings.txt: unknown version, is there a solution?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:29 pm

You have to remember the NCA was first released in 1999/2000 so only the disc version of XWA was available back then, you need a clean unmodified install of XWA to install the NCA, meaning you need the disc version installed and not Gog, as the Gog version of xwingalliance.exe has already been modified to for today's systems.

Sorry can't help you there
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Destex
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Destex » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:39 am

Yeah, I suspected this is a dead end... Thanks for the reply Darksaber, most appreciated.