Windows 8.1 and DSUCP 2.2

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Windows 8.1 and DSUCP 2.2

DanPapua
Galactic Empire

Post by DanPapua » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:20 am

Hey Darksaber,
I just got DSUCP 2.2 working on a windows 8.1 PC here are my specs.

Windows 8.1 Pro
I7-3770K
8GB RAM
EVGA GTX 770 4GB SC

Everything works perfectly without any tweaking I am currently playing through the campaign if there are any bugs I find I will do an update on this forum post and try to upload a video for you unless it is something pretty basic.
Good job to everyone who made this pack available.
¡VIVA EL EMPERIO!
Danpaua

Customkid
Recruit

Post by Customkid » Fri May 01, 2015 3:10 am

I'm going to give this a crack tonight on my notebook. It's a pretty basic system Intel Ultra book Core i5 but fingers crossed it works.

I've still got my original CD but for $10 I'm just going to download the GOG version. I've got the DSUCP 2.2 ready to rock and roll along with the new back drops - I'm just hoping the on board graphics card (Intel HD graphics 4000) which is a pretty crumby card is up to running the game.

I've not had a desk top for 6-7 years, if this works I'm going to one happy chappy.

Regards Ben

DanPapua
Galactic Empire

Post by DanPapua » Fri May 01, 2015 5:52 pm

Hey Ben,
Sounds like fun. Just a word of warning sometimes the Intel Integrated cards can act weird. So if you have graphical glitches it is the GPU. The GPU can defiantly run the game just is sometimes doesn't support certain graphic API's 100% anymore compared to if you are using a Dedicated.
Best of Luck
¡VIVA EL EMPERIO!
Danpaua

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Sun May 03, 2015 12:05 am

I've been running XWA on 8.1 64bit for the last 2 years. Its great.

Customkid
Recruit

Post by Customkid » Mon May 04, 2015 1:15 am

Well the good news is I got it to work so happy days. The bad news I think I threw my old logitech flight stick out.

I have the ace edge hori stick from ace combat for the xbox 360 so I thought I'd give that a try not expecting it to work. It installed and surprisingly worked. I could run the game in all it's glory on the note book which was great. The only issue I have at this stage is that the Z access (throttle) works in reverse. Even when I run the calibration which shows it working properly, in game it revert backs to reverse. I can live with it for now but I'd like to get a proper fix for it, or just buy a new flight stick.

So good to have this game back up and running again after so many years away and the team working on these upgrades have done a stellar job.

Regards

Ben