[HELP] Death Star Kill all fleet

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

[HELP] Death Star Kill all fleet

CharfatoS
Recruit

Post by CharfatoS » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi, im in the last mission series, after the SSD is destroyed, the next part of the mission the Death Star just start to fire at the entire fleet and destroy every single ship in no time... Im using GOG version + XWU, and fix the Widescreen with xwahacker-qt.exe... Nothing more... Anyone please help? i will appreciate so much :D

PS. Im playing the game again (I play it when i was a kid, my father gift me the cd version box) with my son, so... Its very important to him :P

CIDlord_1973
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by CIDlord_1973 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:23 pm

It's curious...the same happens with my steam version.
Maybe it's cause we are playing it on easy mode, i don't know...

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:06 am

This never happened to me in a campaign or simulator mission among the Battle of Endor's ones, but it occurred in a custom mission I created using AlliED with the 2nd Death Star set as a backdrop (old DSUCP v2.1 installed).
I think this is probably related to one of the codified status you can assign to a standard flight group (editor interface), but since in that mission the 2nd Death Star counted as a backdrop and not as a flight group, I guess this could have generated bugs.
Last edited by Mark_Farlander on Mon May 07, 2018 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:28 am

CharfatoS wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:49 pm
Hi, im in the last mission series, after the SSD is destroyed, the next part of the mission the Death Star just start to fire at the entire fleet and destroy every single ship in no time...
In Battle 7, Mission 3: The Shield is Down the Death Star II destroys B/C Urjani after 1 minute from mission start, not as a last-second resort like in Missions 1 and 2. I don't know if this is the reason for the bug, and I can't find the timings for DSII Superlaser shots in AlliED.

I'll deal with this problem when I'll fix bugs for this mission. There are still tons of other bugs in many missions, for example crafts attacking escape pods since all escape pods are set by default to Global Group 0.

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:02 am

I just played that mission during the weekend. Not only did the Death Star destroy B/C Urjani shortly after the beginning of the mission, I also got a "mission failed" when it destroyed CRS Maria about three minutes before the timed end of the mission.
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:28 am

I've just played B7M3 and it's OK if the Death Star 2 destroys B/C Urjani 1 minute after the beginning of the mission.
"R/CRS Maria must NOT be destroyed" is a FG Goal, so it's OK you get mission failed if R/CRS Maria is destroyed.
R/CRS Maria should not get destroyed by the Death Star II though. Did you change anything in the "Mission parameters"?

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:35 pm

I didn’t change anything with that mission before playing it. I didn’t edit the file, and I played it with normal difficulty/normal collisions/limited warheads/no invincibility.
— Hobbie Klivian

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:59 pm

Please could you play that mission 2 or 3 more times and track precisely when (time) the Death Star II opens fire and all the crafts it destroys?
If it's all OK 10:00 and 0:01 should be time for the Superlaser to open fire.

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:33 pm

Ah, belay that. Is there a way I can check whether I have the 256-weapon patch installed? It seems that R/CRS Maria succumbs to fire from the ISDs Avenger and Imputator rather than from the Death Star. It usually happens between 5 and 8 minutes after the mission begins. Most of the non-cruiser ships also tend to get destroyed by ISD fire before the end of the mission, and C/CRS Defiance seems to always finish the mission with its shields down and its hull down by almost half.

The Death Star seems to fire only twice: on B/C Urjani exactly one minute into the mission, then on I/CRS Independence at the very end of the countdown.
— Hobbie Klivian

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:01 am

DarHan wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:33 pm
Is there a way I can check whether I have the 256-weapon patch installed?
With XwaExePatcher

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:58 am

DarHan wrote:
It seems that R/CRS Maria succumbs to fire from the ISDs Avenger and Imputator rather than from the Death Star. It usually happens between 5 and 8 minutes after the mission begins.
Then you definitely have the 256 simultaneous energy weapons patch installed.

DarHan wrote:

The Death Star seems to fire only twice: on B/C Urjani exactly one minute into the mission, then on I/CRS Independence at the very end of the countdown.
Mark_Farlander wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:59 pm

If it's all OK 10:00 and 0:01 should be time for the Superlaser to open fire.
The time limit is 11:00, therefore B/C Urjani is destroyed at 10:00 and I/CRS Independence is destroyed at 0:01.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:58 am

These are the Alliance capital ships surviving B7M3 without the 256 simultaneous energy weapons patch installed:
I/CRS Independence (when you complete mission primary goals the countdown gets cut to 0:10, whereas the Death Star II super-laser recharge time is not)
C/CRS Defiance
R/CRS Maria (hull at 90%)
FRG Redemption
FRG Valiance
CRV Saki
GSP Chandi

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:10 am

JeremyaFr wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:01 am
DarHan wrote:
Is there a way I can check whether I have the 256-weapon patch installed?
With XwaExePatcher
There is also another simple way to check it in mission: look at the rate of fire of the Falcon's turrets while on auto-fire mode.
If it is significantly slower than this: https://xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12057 than you don't have the 256-weapon patch installed.
There are too many fighters and capital ships in that mission to keep the maximum rate of fire going.

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:42 pm

I used XwaExePAtcher to remove the weapons patch and, even though the lowered firing rate on the Falcon gets annoying, at least the Maria easily survives the mission now. The Death Star also fires when expected.
— Hobbie Klivian

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:35 pm

DarHan wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:42 pm
even though the lowered firing rate on the Falcon gets annoying
I'm afraid not much can be done about this. Fire from forward position to achieve a slightly higher rate of fire.

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:35 am

I can't find the timings for DSII Superlaser shots in AlliED
Actually, it is possible to control the Superlaser fire sequence with ALLIED. I've got the instructions "how to use Supetlaser" somewhere in a very old file. I will post the instructions in the ALLIED comunity project...

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:18 am

DTM is right, and some other options... you can edit the Imperial Capital ships to be "Rookie" or "Officer" AI level. Make the Rebel Capital Ships be "Top Ace or Jedi" AI level and increase their shields to 200% in Status1 or Status2 box. I personally don't think the 256-weapon patch makes that much of a major difference. The purpose of the patch was to allow multiple starship models to fire concurrently in a mission, instead of "waiting in the queue". It's not so much 256 hard-points firing from each starship, and I doubt that even happens at all. Every side of ship would have to have a target flying by at any given moment. That is my understanding when Jeremy released the patch in his post. The good news is the Star Destroyer II (and maybe ISD-1) will utilize only 16 rotating LaserTurrets (unless that mesh limitation can be lifted) which will look more realistic and will make missions more playable. :-)
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:15 am

Bman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:18 am
DTM is right, and some other options... you can edit the Imperial Capital ships to be "Rookie" or "Officer" AI level.
In B7M2 and B7M3 the Imperial II Star Destroyers are already set to Rookie AI, except for ISDII Vehement in B7M3, which is set to Veteran AI.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:34 pm

Ok, I haven't looked at it yet. Then definitely beef up the Rebel fleet. Another option is you can edit via AlliED which targets the ISD-'s focus on first i.e. Primary could be IFF Rebel if Starfighters, then other IFF Rebel craft as secondary, or if a certain % of craft are taken out and so forth. You can also change the ISD's first order WP distance (path) and speed of the ISD's so that they are out of range until later in the mission. That's assuming they have an attack and Patrol order. There are multiple ways to adjust and enhance those two missions but it takes time to test them.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:03 pm

Bman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:18 am
Make the Rebel Capital Ships be "Top Ace or Jedi" AI level and increase their shields to 200% in Status1 or Status2 box.
Just tried and the "200% Shields" status does not work for capital ships (MC80 Calamari cruisers and Imperial Star Destroyers) and frigates.
It seems it only works for fighters and corvettes (CR90 Corellian corvettes and DP20 Corellian Gunships).

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:19 pm

Bman wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:34 pm
You can also change the ISD's first order WP distance (path) and speed of the ISD's so that they are out of range until later in the mission. That's assuming they have an attack and Patrol order.
This solution will work for Battle 7, Mission 2, but it's not consistent in Battle 7, Mission 3, where the rebel fleet is supposed to be surrounded by Imperial II Star Destroyers.
In B7M2 after L/CRS Liberty has been destroyed, Lando Calrissian says "Yes, I said closer. Move as close as you can and engage those Star Destroyers at point blank range!"

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:52 pm

I’m curious, but do you think that the inability to set capital ship shields to 200% is something that could be dealt with through a hook?
— Hobbie Klivian

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:02 pm

Hello,
You can try this patch:

Code: Select all

; Allow 200% shield for capital ships
At offset 090242, replace C681AA01000003 with 90909090909090.

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:06 pm

Preliminary test:
That patch works. I was able to set R/CRS Maria to 200% shields in B7M3 (verified in-game). Unfortunately, that was still not enough to keep it alive for the entire mission with the 256-weapon patch active. The cruiser got blown up around the 7-minute mark.
— Hobbie Klivian

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:12 am

In AlliED there are two of them; in the Status1 box "(200% Shields)" and about 8 items down the list "200% shields" --- without the parentheses. I believe the first one is doubled shields and for recharging. I think the second is for double shields but does not recharge if I'm correct about that. Another idea, set the recharge rate a lot higher for non-flyable Rebel craft. Calamari Cruisers were supposed to have redundant shield systems and take a lot of punches.