Tour Multiplayer Hook

A Forum dedicated to the Suggestion, Creation and Editing of XWA Dynamic Link Library Files

Moderators: Darksaber, General_Trageton, Forceflow, JeremyaFr, DTM

Re: Tour Multiplayer Hook

User avatar
Darksaber

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)
Posts: 10319
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2000 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by Darksaber » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:36 am

I take it you haven't uploaded the updated Hook yet though?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by Justagai » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:35 pm

The update is not ready yet. I'm shooting for the end of June for the release.

On another note, I've added the ability to use all 8 tactical officers, as well as have 2 different tactical officers for 2 teams. I've also converted the Imperial tactical officers from XvT with the help of ual002.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by Justagai » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:50 am

Hook updated to 1.2. I was not able to implement the campaign/tour mode at this time since the mission directory array size is limited (I would only be able to allow 3 custom campaigns using this method). Eventually I might look at this again and get it working.

User avatar
Driftwood
Lieutenant Commander
XWAU Member
Posts: 1712
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:01 pm
Contact:

Post by Driftwood » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:32 am

3 campaigns are better than none?

I mean, that'd mean TIE Fighter, X-Wing, XWA, and one custom campaign could be utilized all in one game?

JeremyaFr
Lieutenant Commander
XWAU Member
Posts: 1610
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:52 pm
Contact:

Post by JeremyaFr » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Justagai wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:50 am
the mission directory array size is limited
Via a hook patch, you can replace the references/pointers to this array with references/pointers to a new array. Doing that, you can add more directories.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by Justagai » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:44 am

Driftwood wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:32 am
3 campaigns are better than none?

I mean, that'd mean TIE Fighter, X-Wing, XWA, and one custom campaign could be utilized all in one game?
I apologize, it would actually be 2 custom campaigns (I counted the XWA campaign as one).
JeremyaFr wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:14 pm
Justagai wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:50 am
the mission directory array size is limited
Via a hook patch, you can replace the references/pointers to this array with references/pointers to a new array. Doing that, you can add more directories.
I will look into that. At this time I'm busy with other projects but I will eventually look at this again.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by Justagai » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:59 am

Small update to 1.2.1.

The combat missions themselves have been edited to have different tactical officers for the two teams. I've also included the "hook_tourmultiplayer.cfg" file in the zip and turning off the xvt combat simulator will restore the original music.

Jono11
Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:18 pm

Post by Jono11 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:21 pm

Sorry to necro this thread but after installing this and starting the game, I get this message: "To setup the dinput hook" is not correctly initialized. In what I assume is a related problem, I can't access the campaign missions in the simulator. What do I need to fix?

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by Justagai » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:35 am

Please post the event viewer logs that are related to XWA from the application folder.

You can reach the Event Viewer through the windows search: https://i.imgur.com/UCN3euZ.png

Event viewer and a log related to XWA looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/dCzRnne.png

Jono11
Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:18 pm

Post by Jono11 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:44 am

So this is weird, but it's not logging any events related to XWA, even though I'm starting the game. Here's what my event viewer looks like after the message has appeared and I've refreshed the event viewer.

Jono11
Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:18 pm

Post by Jono11 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:59 am

OK I don't think this is related to this hook at all. "Hello World Hook" won't work either. There's obviously something really basic that I don't know about that I haven't done. Do I have to enable hooks in some way?

Jono11
Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:18 pm

Post by Jono11 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:08 am

Huh. I installed the XWAUCP and now it appears to work. I'll know for sure if it's working later tonight, but I think it works. Still don't know what the problem exactly was, but I'm guessing it's a pretty basic one.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by Justagai » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:19 am

Are you using the steam version of XWA?

Jono11
Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:18 pm

Post by Jono11 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:01 am

Yes.

JeremyaFr
Lieutenant Commander
XWAU Member
Posts: 1610
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:52 pm
Contact:

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:35 pm

Hello,
Steam has wrapped the exe with DRM making the patches to not work.

User avatar
Darksaber

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)
Posts: 10319
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2000 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by Darksaber » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:16 pm

That's the reason why both the DSUCP and XWACP replace the exe's with the vanilla exe from the original disc's, this way I know they haven't been altered and can be patched easily.

Bloody Steam with there DRM crap!!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by Justagai » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:09 pm

JeremyaFr wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:35 pm
Hello,
Steam has wrapped the exe with DRM making the patches to not work.
I've edited the dinput.dll to be compatible with the steam version, as well as with all of the games in the X-wing series. I will re-release the tour multiplayer patch as well as the 60FPS patch soon with the new version.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by Justagai » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:18 pm

Just an update: I plan to update the dinput along with the next version of the hook. I'm looking at re-implementing the campaign stuff again among other things.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by Justagai » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:25 am

Updated the dinput.dll to work with Steam. Sorry it took so long.

I also plan to rewrite the hook in C++. I might split the hook into separate individual hooks depending.

User avatar
Driftwood
Lieutenant Commander
XWAU Member
Posts: 1712
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:01 pm
Contact:

Post by Driftwood » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:46 pm

I realized when loading a combat mission (say added a test mission onto the list) you cannot click "load" otherwise it loads the previous or perhaps highlighted mission. Instead one has to double click on the mission you want to fly in the combat mission list.

I did not know this, thought it was a .lst issue.

Also quick question, when setting up a campaign to start after battle 7 in the tour of duty, and setting the pilot file to reserved 1, the doors to the tour briefing section doesn't open, and the mission isn't listed anywhere else to fly. Whassadeal?

EDIT: Also, I'm trying to add .wav files to the combat missions. Doesn't seem to be reading them though. Can't figure out why.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by Justagai » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:09 am

Driftwood wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:46 pm
I realized when loading a combat mission (say added a test mission onto the list) you cannot click "load" otherwise it loads the previous or perhaps highlighted mission. Instead one has to double click on the mission you want to fly in the combat mission list.

I did not know this, thought it was a .lst issue.

Also quick question, when setting up a campaign to start after battle 7 in the tour of duty, and setting the pilot file to reserved 1, the doors to the tour briefing section doesn't open, and the mission isn't listed anywhere else to fly. Whassadeal?

EDIT: Also, I'm trying to add .wav files to the combat missions. Doesn't seem to be reading them though. Can't figure out why.
1. Yes, the load button is a known issue and It should be fixed in the next version.

2. If it's not listed in the Load menu then there is something wrong with the definition in the mission.lst file. Can you post what you have there for the mission?

3. Wav files require a .lst file with the same name as the mission in the "MISSIONVOICE" folder within "WAVE" in order to be read.

User avatar
Driftwood
Lieutenant Commander
XWAU Member
Posts: 1712
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:01 pm
Contact:

Post by Driftwood » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:32 am

Does the folder that contains the wav files have to be the same name as the mission in addition to the .lst file? I put the strike vs dread mission .lst file in several places calling audio from a folder called commchatter (more on that later) and nothing ever plays ingame.

I'll post up my file structure later today, as of right now I'm kinda up due to running a fever and cant sleep but dont want to get out of bed...

User avatar
Driftwood
Lieutenant Commander
XWAU Member
Posts: 1712
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:01 pm
Contact:

Post by Driftwood » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Okay so as it stands the file structure is:

Mission location

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars X-Wing Alliance - DSCUP 2.6 Imperial\Combat\8bmew02.tie
Wav file location

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars X-Wing Alliance - DSCUP 2.6 Imperial\Wave\Comm Chatter\sys_comm_imperial_01.wav
Wav list for mission

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars X-Wing Alliance - DSCUP 2.6 Imperial\Wave\8bmew02.lst
.lst file

Code: Select all

Comm Chatter\sys_comm_imperial_01.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_generic_03.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_generic_10.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_01.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_w_03.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_w_05.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_w_04.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_w_02.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_generic_12.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_other_07.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_07.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_other_09.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_imperial_01.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_05.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_generic_14.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_03.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_05.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_generic_10.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_generic_05.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_03.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_imperial_01.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_04.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_02.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_generic_04.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_generic_06.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_imperial_01.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav

No .wav plays in mission.

User avatar
Darksaber

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)
Posts: 10319
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2000 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by Darksaber » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:01 pm

I would try removing the space from your wave folder Comm Chatter to CommChatter or Comm_Chatter

Look at the other wave folders no spaces in the names
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by Justagai » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:47 am

Driftwood wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:52 pm
Okay so as it stands the file structure is:

Mission location

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars X-Wing Alliance - DSCUP 2.6 Imperial\Combat\8bmew02.tie
Wav file location

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars X-Wing Alliance - DSCUP 2.6 Imperial\Wave\Comm Chatter\sys_comm_imperial_01.wav
Wav list for mission

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars X-Wing Alliance - DSCUP 2.6 Imperial\Wave\8bmew02.lst
.lst file

Code: Select all

Comm Chatter\sys_comm_imperial_01.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_generic_03.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_generic_10.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_01.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_w_03.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_w_05.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_w_04.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_w_02.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_generic_12.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_other_07.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_07.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_other_09.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_imperial_01.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_05.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_generic_14.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_03.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_05.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_generic_10.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_generic_05.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_03.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_imperial_01.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_04.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_rebel_02.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_generic_04.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_generic_06.wav
Comm Chatter\sys_comm_imperial_01.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav
dummy.wav

No .wav plays in mission.
Mission Location is fine.

.Wav and wav .lst file are in the wrong folder. There should be a folder called "Missionvoice" within the "Wave" folder. You have to put your .wav files and .lst files in there. The .lst file should match the name of the mission file. The folder containing the wav files does not have to match, but I would advise that it does for readability. Also listen to Darksaber on the case of spaces.

An example would look like this:

Mission Location:
D:\GOG Games\Star Wars - X-Wing Alliance - DSUCP\Combat\8bmew10.tie

Wav location:
D:\GOG Games\Star Wars - X-Wing Alliance - DSUCP\Wave\Missionvoice\8bmew10

Lst location:
D:\GOG Games\Star Wars - X-Wing Alliance - DSUCP\Wave\Missionvoice\8bmew10.lst

Make sure the .lst file contents match the appropriate paths.


By the way, if these are sounds that are just game sounds (not attached to mission messages, pilot chatter) then disregard everything I said (except for the space issue).

Post Reply