New Release: GT-5000 Transport Series

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

New Release: GT-5000 Transport Series

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:16 am

Been taking my sweet time with this one - for good reasons!

Not just one new ships but three in a row!

The GT-Series is ShiCon Dynamics’ entry into the medium transport class, a new line of state-of-the-art combat transports bridging the gap between yachts and corvettes. With about 60 meters in length this combat vehicle adapts the features, the speed and and combatability of the successful BRX-Yacht series while allowing for much larger space and cargo capacities.

As common with ShiCon designs, the stock variants offer numerous upgrade interfaces and options for customizations. In the case of the GT-Series the company itself has prefabricated numerous variants and module sets to serve various purposes, including weaponry and armor upgrades, special stealth plating, engine and flight performance upgrades and others.

Whereas the stock GT-5000 version is moderately armored and equipped with both offensive and defensive weaponry, numerous stock modifications were developed to further expand the transport’s capabilities into various directions such as speed, heavy combat and stealth. Thus three distinct types have emerged:
The GT-5000 Stock version
The GTS Nighthawk, very fast stealth ship
The GTX Corsair, designed on offensive combat

The GTS-5000 (or Nighthawk) is an aggressive looking design most distinguishable by its jet-black stealth plating with the glowing red edges. This modified version has been outfitted with a full quartet of additional thrusters, greatly increasing the ship’s speed.

The GTX-5000 (or Corsair) has been modified for the sole purpose of combat, fit with warhead launchers, two additional forward cannons and a third turret. To further increase the ship’s performance, a pair of additional engines and wings for stabilization has been added.

Each variant has its individual models, including Exterior and Cockpit. For the stock GT-5000 this goes as far as having the entire ship interior and letting you choose, where you want to be sitting.

As allways, you can get your fix of goodness at your local X-Wing HQ
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

FunkyFreshMan
Rebel Alliance

Post by FunkyFreshMan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:39 am

The following is epic win smothered in awesomesauce:
General_Trageton wrote:For the stock GT-5000 this goes as far as having the entire ship interior and letting you choose, where you want to be sitting.
*rushes over to the X-Wing HQ.*

Also, my favorite is still the Nighthawk variant. :D
NRAF Nexus: "When Duty Calls"
Draar chayaikir batnor jetii—ancient Mandalorian proverb.
"We're gonna explode? I don't wanna explode!" —Jayne Cobb, Public Relations
I'm the guy who stole your sweetroll.

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:27 am

Just mind-blowing. :2thumbs:
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.
"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:25 pm

The Corsair is my favorite one. Is it possible to have it with an integreted bose sound system and gps navigator? Cockpits are beautiful!