WIP: TFTC: Imperial Hangar

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

Re: TFTC Hangar: Taking shape...

Cloud
Lieutenant

Post by Cloud » Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:18 am

Hmmm..... do the wings rotate on the TIEs IN the hangar?<P>If not, just replace the slots *ugh*, <I>then</I> copy the TIE Fighters to an unused *DontUseMe slot and let the player play as these. Your EXE Should look like this:<P>1. TIE Fighter<BR>5. X-Wing<BR>255 (previously unused slot). TIE Fighter -this is the one you play with.<P>That way you've got<P>- Imperial TIEs in the hangar.<BR>- Playable (copies of the) TIEs that do not have the rotating wing problem as they're not in the X/B-Wing slots.<P>You could try that.. don't know if it works. <BR>Caution: When I tried this, it caused my game to crash upon starting a mission. Either I did something wrong, or XWA doesn't support duplicate entries in its EXE files. Try making a backup of your XWA folder before doing it.<p>[ 26 January 2003: Message edited by: Cloud ]

Matt
XWAU Member

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:02 am

I just checked up on that. Since there is no B-wing in the hangar, only the X-wing and Shuttle will cause problems.<P>The X-wing is fine. I tried several ships - including TIEs and the 'boats. No problems with rotated meshes. Some were partially in the hangar floor, but that's easily correctable.<P>The shuttle does have problems, but apparently only on craft with rotating wing meshes (ROTWING). The craft with normal wings simply took off and flew away, with no animation.

Cloud
Lieutenant

Post by Cloud » Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:30 am

That "partially in the floor" thing could be a nice effect actually if you move that elevator to right beneath it ;). It'd look like the TIE was on its way up the elevator.

Slade
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Slade » Sun Jan 26, 2003 5:13 am

yeah. Imperal pilots at there best. :) :)<p>[ 26 January 2003: Message edited by: Slade ]
One is born only to die.... LIVE IT UP!

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:06 am

Read my other thread! I've moved the hangar sideways so you won't see the shutle going through the wall.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:11 am

As I have moved the IsideHangar hardpoint it should be right beneath one of the x-wings.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:41 pm

So have you got a little bored of this project also?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:23 am

Fucking hell, just because something isn't POSTED for two DAYS, you start up, whereas with the XWAUP, when someone says something about nothing being posted for MONTHS, you and other XWAUP members start biting people's head's off, saying that THEY (XWAUP members) have lives. So you guys are the only ones with lives!?<p>[ 29 January 2003: Message edited by: General Edor Crespin ]
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:52 am

Go fuck yourself<P>And as for the XWAUP I couldn't give a fuck anymore what they do<P>I don't have to explain myself, but as it's a jerk like you, I will for once.<P>I was curious to what the progress of the hangar was OK!<P>And you say I'm in a bad mood! You Fucking Jerkoff
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:00 am

So why can't we ask for progress reports on anything related to the XWAUP without someone biting whoever's asking head's off?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:04 am

Well don't ask me I'm not involved with the XWAUP anymore<P>Ans as Ace Antillies posted, there is no friggin progress, nothing is being made or finished anytime soon, try reading the news page for once in your life Jerk
- John Lydgate

JC
XWAU Member

Post by JC » Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:34 am

Why don't you two just cut it OUT!?!

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:38 am

Oh shut up :p
- John Lydgate

Gryphon
Lieutenant JG

Post by Gryphon » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:11 am

On a totally unrelated topic:<P>Hey DS, did you get my email?
<B>Crusade 3 Game Master</B><BR><A HREF="http://swcrusade.ionichost.com" TARGET=_blank>http://swcrusade.ionichost.com </A>

Chris
Ensign

Post by Chris » Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:21 am

You know what I'm voting for? Use teh invisible opt, and put the opt's name in place of the names at the offset Cloud gave us. That would be the best bet for any mod to use, like the TIE Fighter conversion mod.<P>Chris
SWChris
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/swchris
New Jedi Order Project - http://njoproject.swcity.net/

ods
Ensign

Post by ods » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:15 am

Yeah so, there hasn't really been any progress posted here for a while. Anything new to report from anybody?<P>I'm progressing on the Battle Convsersions, but as nobody wants to do them but Cloud and me don't expect to get the whole deal immediately.<P>BTW, Cloud, did you get my email?
Am I supposed to put something witty here?

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:16 am

OK, to make it clear: No further progress yet. My studies have become quite rough lately.<P>The best thing is you gous(ods or who ever is working on thhe project) tell me about when you will most likely <B>need</B> the hangar, so <B>I</B> can <B>coordinate</B> work on it with my other stuff.

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:04 pm

Yeah, I need some pics of imperial hangar ceilings. There's only a poor view of a part of it in the TESB screenshot.<P>If you have any others, please post them!

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:44 pm

You can see a little tiny piece in the corner of the DS tractor bay card, but other than that there is nearly no views of the celing<P>somewhat useful pics, I hope<BR> Image <P><BR> Image
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:00 am

I think there might be some shots in RotJ, but not sure.

legend43
Lieutenant JG

Post by legend43 » Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:46 am

look at the floors
ME: I hate censoship. It's gay.<BR>AK: I know @#!$ that!

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:00 am

But if you look at the CCG card it seems like the ceiling is different, although I'm not quite sure.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:19 am

i'm pretty sure the walls continue across the celing, making one continuous bar, making supports for Tie racks. It seems to match the texture of thje walls. Also that DS pis on the card isn't too accurate, in the pic above you can see they updated the hangar in the SE. I think the ribs continue, and the celing looks like the walls.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:29 am

Think of it this way, G_T: creative license! :D
Eclipse

ods
Ensign

Post by ods » Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:50 am

Amen.<P>Make it up however you want it. I'm sure nobody will nitpick as we're all so happy to just have it in the first place!! :)
Am I supposed to put something witty here?